Jose Baez speaks on book deal rumor
July 26th, 2011

Jose Baez speaks on book deal rumor

Does Casey Anthony's lawyer Jose Baez see a book in his future?

According to some recent rumors, that could be. Sources tell the New York Post that Baez, supposedly already at work on becoming a TV legal expert, also met with a top-notch literary agent last week to talk about potential book deals.

But Baez isn't feeding the rumor mill. He tells the Post in a statement that while he has "met with various people," that doesn't mean he plans "on signing any agreements or taking any job offers."

At this point, Baez continues, "I have a job, and I feel the wisest thing to do right now is just listen. I have not made any decisions and probably will not until I have had the opportunity to discuss things with my family and my closest advisors."

Filed under: Books

1. Rose

No one will ever believe a word he says from now on. He's a pig in a suit. He didn't win a case, he let a murderer go no matter what it took or who he trashed. A courtroom is a place for justice to be served. He made sure it wasn't for a 2yr old baby. Now he wants fame and to cash in on it? It's a matter of time before he and his significant other (Casey) turn on each other and his marriage and so-called law practice is ruined. He was totally unprofessional during the trial.

July 28, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mary

He was a nobody when he took this case and he is still a nobody, at least to me. Wouldnt buy it.

July 28, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • JMB1303

I would buy it in a heartbeat. I would love to compare Ashton's book to Jose's book. Learn something about law before you make comments. The job of a defense attorney is to do everything in his power to get the client off. Get a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 17, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tara

Thanks to this jury now this murdering mom will become a millionaire via interviews. In this sick society she is a celebrity. They celebrate people who murder their children and get away with it here. Her Karma will catch up with her. And I don't agree with CNN that people are drawn to her because of her looks, she has a horse face, more because they are trying to understand someone without a conscience, she is a freak in a side show.

July 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cletus

I still wanna see her nekkid

July 27, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. name (required)

You sure are portalpunk. You rule !

July 27, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. itsamemario

thats rite portal dont take any guff from those swine.
    Jose, you just keep talking while i go back to my whittling; gettin some stakes ready for a murderer and a bloodsucker..

July 27, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. @dUieo

Why don't you suck him off? you sound like you want to piggy

July 27, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. alecia

@Bruce didnt you know? This is Mr. Nancy Grace here! Wonder if he will hyphenate his last name...

July 27, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. Kelsey

Isn`t he named in one of the lawsuits being brought against anthony? Perhaps the one by the Equusearch..... the searchers that looked for the child? Aren`t they suing because Baez states that anthony new from the outset the child was dead because she drowned yet she, and her lawyer, let them spend tens of thousands of dollars searching for her. I wouldn`t be surprised if he was named in the civil suit by the Zineida Gonzales for defamation of character. And I`m going to bet that both of them win their civil suits. Both juries will award huge....Huge.....HUGE awards against both. Baez may need the book deals or even the television gig (but it will be with Fox news no doubt) in order to pay both of those awards against him. Do lawyers have malpractice insurance?

July 27, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. dUieo

I am NOT a Casey Anthony fan but I found him facinating and I'd read HIS book. His background alone is facinating. During closing when he called the fool Ashton the "laughing man"...well it was priceless. No matter what one thinks of Casey Anthony, his passion during closing was above and beyond anything I have seen delivered by any Hollywood star. If he didn't believe her story, he sure had me convinced he did. He is the total opposite of what I normally find attractive but something about his voice and the confident way he strode out of the jail at her release was..well, attractive. None of us KNOW what she did or did not do that sad day, but I would say w/ 99% certainty that she is in love w/ Jose. For that., I can't blame her.

July 27, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Charles

You are one sick human being. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know she was involved in the death and cover-up of her own child. You see the celebrity in Jose Baez...I just see another liar whose only concern was beating a death penalty case by any means necessary.

July 27, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • jmb1303

I totally agree. Jose kicked some ass and deserves alot of credit. He is much smarter than what people give him credit for. Job well done Jose. He is definitely a hottie.

October 17, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. deann

Trying to cash in on his "fame." Even though he won the case, I don't think he is a good lawyer. He acted so unprofessionally during the trial. Maybe he would do better at another job.

July 26, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bruce

jose baez is on the fast track to once again becoming jose who?

July 26, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. just sayin...

portal punk.... you are first at being the biggest dumb$h!t I have ever seen. YOU ARE SUCH A LOSER! YOU $UCK. have a nice day.

July 26, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. florida mom

Oh Yeah, book deal? Does Jose honestly want us to feed into the lies Casey has told him and he's continue to tell us? How can anyone believe a word this man has to say anyway? It's not like he's going to tell us the truth of what happened. All he sees is money,money and more money. Afterall, with the lies he and Casey made up about George Anthony, how could she ever go home? He didn't realize she'd be free and now , Casey is the defense teams responsibility to keep her safe, to feed her,clothe her, provide a roof over her head and spending money...ha, who gets the last laugh, Baez and defense team? This is great. Karma really does work.

July 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jeepers

"...my closest advisers..." Does he fancy himself to be Presidential or something? I don't think it would be wise for him to become a TV legal "expert," given the way he stumbled through that trial. I think the best thing that can be said about Jose Baez is that he knows how to pick one stupid jury.

July 26, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. portalpunk

I'm Firsty!!!!!! What's up America!, quite focusing on work and hit the blogs!

July 26, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |