Amy Winehouse joke censored on 'Glee Project'
July 26th, 2011

Amy Winehouse joke censored on 'Glee Project'

The Oxygen channel sensitively censored an Amy Winehouse joke on a repeat of “The Glee Project” Sunday night.

Though remarks about the singer intended in jest were considered standard TV fare as of last week, obviously Winehouse’s death on Saturday has changed things. Luckily, the network caught the joke and opted to drop the audio, according to the Boston Herald.

A contestant on the reality competition was jokingly asked by “Glee” creator Ryan Murphy why he didn't come dressed as Amy Winehouse. Another judge chimed in that all he needed to appear as Winehouse was “a mop and a bottle,” which is when the muting kicked in.

A spokesperson for the network says the change was made to the episode out of respect for the late singer’s family and friends, who mourned her passing at a funeral in London today.

1. naughty questions to ask a guy

Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to provide one thing again and help others like you aided me.

May 26, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Big Roy

All the little goober gobblin Ho~Mos on Glee wish they looked as good as Winehouse.

July 28, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Chucklehead

Seriously, no one cared about her when she was alive so why care now? She certainly didn't care about herself.

July 28, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. Orgazmo

This chick needed to shave her sideburns!

July 27, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Orgazmo

You do realize she's dead, don't you? I guess that makes shaving her sideburns a bit moot, eh?

July 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Nobody

Too bad she wasn't shown respect when she was alive. She may have been alive today. We raise people high only to have a better shot at shooting them down.

July 27, 2011 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. faucet

I dont think they are full of hate. they are just full of fun. trolls are silly good!

July 26, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. faucet

brathead is a limey. that is british for doodoo eater. he likes it best when it it is fresh and runny.

July 26, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. just sayin...

glee just needs to fold already! crap show for stupid people. bring back roller derby!

July 26, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tiffany's pride

Some ppl re filled wit so much hate,if u ve nothing to say shut up pls, it was inappropriate n insentive, wait until u die then u can ask for a mop/bottle inside ur coffin! Amy you rock still, ur fans ve ur back

July 26, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. fernace

I hope she's reincarnated, as... herself! That way she can let the haters on these blogs have it! Don't ask me what that might be, I'm sure Amy will think of something appropriate! She's probably ready right now! Hit'em where it hurts, Amy!!:D

July 26, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. grim reaper

Why is every1 sorry that she is dead? i think she is lucky to be out of this screwed up world. i wish it was me. eveytime u turn around its just another problem waiting for u to deal with

July 26, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. christmas reindeer

Yeah.

July 26, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ejeck u later

Me too. I think she is just a Justin Bieber wannabe. If she were so tallented she would be on american idol or star search.

July 26, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • brathead

Hey retard....Those shows are for people who don't already have record deals. BTW, is Star Search even still on the air? You may not know who she is or think she is talented but she was very big over in England. She was a British singer, therefore she did not receive much airplay in the US.

July 26, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Justin Beiber wannabe? That makes sense, considering she is much older, and had her biggest release YEARS before anyone knew who the 13 year old(at that time) Justin was. Oh yeah, and they don't even sing music in the same genre. They are EXACTLY alike. While I strongly disliked Amy, I can't deny she actually had musical talent. She just had an addiction that she chose over her career. A classic move by someone consumed by addiction.

July 26, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Gillian Lane

I'm so of hearing about this dead bxxch already

July 26, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. plunjer

I dont believe in being appropriate. It just seems rude to me.

July 26, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. turtlesnot

They shouldnt have censored it. Censorship is wrong. We need to protect freedom of speach.

July 26, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |