Beyonce: 'Star is Born' opportunity of my life
July 23rd, 2011

Beyonce: 'Star is Born' opportunity of my life

Beyonce isn't afraid of hard work - she's admitted she has a hard time taking a vacation - but it sounds like the singer and actress is going to turn her grind up to 11 for "A Star is Born."

Clint Eastwood tapped the 29-year-old for his spin on the story of an emerging starlet and her relationship with an older thespian.

"I met with Clint and I was so nervous and I know that it is the biggest opportunity of my life. I will work as hard as I can," she says in an interview with Reuters. "Because I can't wait. And I am so happy that he trusts me and I am in good hands and I am so fortunate."

Beyonce recalls watching the previous iterations of the film with her mom as a little girl, saying that's when she became a fan of Barbra Streisand.

"And I then saw Judy Garland's version of 'A Star Is Born' and I realized every 20 to 30 years a new star is born and a new talent represents that generation and era - so I didn't think that I would ever get the opportunity to be the star," she adds.

The movie is supposed to start production later this year, and of course Beyonce is currently wrapped up in promoting her latest album, "4." But thinking 30 years down the line - her 30th birthday is in September - Beyonce sees her attention shifting from work, just a bit.

She's pretty sure she won't be doing the same "Crazy in Love" dance she's become known for at that age, and envisions her priority being "my children and hopefully my grandchildren by then - and my record label or production company or whatever else."

Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • movies • Music

« Previous entry
  1. Lola

This is awesome, she is awesome
    casinos en ligne

August 2, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jay

Beyonce is great. Truly will go down in American History as one of the greatest and especially in Black History she will be one of the greatest. Fact: She is the first black woman to play this role; one of the few singers that have played in a plethora of movie roles; Female Activist, Entrepreneur, Businesswoman. Beyonce is a brand, a brand that speaks for itself. Please don't try and play this woman like she ain't all that because deep down, we all know she is

July 28, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. mani

Beyonce and CLINT Eastwood..it's a lil too funny..what an odd match up..

July 25, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ndy

All d best B. I enjoyed Obsessed & Dreamgirls too. But B is getting more lighter. Common B u can't buy black in d market so maintain urs 4 black is beautiful.

July 25, 2011 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. Carmen

Beyonce's talented Adele's talented Okay.

July 25, 2011 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. katy

@seriously erm adele is way better. she does not over sing like beyonce. it's adele with the best selling album of the year and song of the year. why are you calling adele an elephant? cuz she isnt super skinny? lol who cares about her weight? she has so much talent. so shut up.

July 25, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lola Denise

Yes sir.

July 25, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  8. @mad rap3r

Your cool, thanks! @ lola denise-stfub!

July 24, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Catrina

I would to see Beyonce in the Judy/Barbara role opposite Denzel Washington as the older actor.

July 24, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. charlie crack

@Lola Denise- If it's others...why are you pointing it out to me? (it's ok that you are, just askin). I don't do that....but i'm really sorry for actions of others if it bothered you, don't worry about what some say, just in one eye out the other so to speak....probably not even anyone I comment with....i apologize....be good, keep your head up!

July 24, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lola Denise

You(CharlieCrack) say you don't like women
    to be disrespected but I have read some comments from some of you guys that have referred to some women by some terrible names.Not you but you but others in your group.

July 24, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. @mad rap3r

I checked out that site.(Along with several others, I'm sure) They don't speak of doo doo there!Lots of trolls, though, I see what you meant earlier! Know any other blogs I could check out? I appreciate ypur info!

July 24, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Those two are really the only ones I post on or check out. They pre-screen the comments on the CNN Political Ticker blog so I don't even bother with them. Politics is depressing anyway.And yes the doo doo does stay in here for some reason.

July 24, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Feeniegal

Will I watch this movie? ummmmmm... NO. Leave well enough alone Mr Eastwood.

July 24, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. The Måd Råp3r

This Just In is one of the other cnn blogs. Breaking news and stuff like that.

July 24, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. @Madrap3r

Where/what is this just in?

July 24, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. The Måd Råp3r

Compared to the impersonation trolls on This Just In ours is comically sad. I can't even tell who's real or faking it over there half the time. Ours is just like, "Durr ur gay go make out with doodz", on every post they make as someone else.

@ronnydee, Don't worry we only bite the heads off people who are really asking for it. I started posting here and people were cool to me so I try to stick by them even if we only interact on here.

July 24, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. fernace

@ Seriously, I appreciate that you're Bey fan, I am too, as I stated earlier she's my home girl! But you can't really compare their voices; 1 is a soprano, 1 is an alto & their styles are completely different! Both are baddass singers! I know you didn't start the comparison, so both of you who did, take it from a professional soprano with a pure 4 octave range, Adele & Bey are both hot singers who can wield their personal style around a note! Also, the "Adelephant" remark was way off! It has nothing to do with her talent, it was just meant to cut her down! In the real world you find few size zero's, that's all Hollywood! Sizes 12-16 are normal for normal women! I think Adele fits in that category!!

July 24, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. fernace

Lol! That would be me who claimed to be 69 while having some fun with Mr. Ed! I thought it was kind of a s.e.x.ual #, ya dig, & it worked in the context of the thread! However, when I see some1 trolling my blog friends I call him/her on it! I'm not a dude so I might not go hard like charlie crack or Mad Raep3r(my advice, dont mess with them!!), but I wont just sit idle either! Some troll was bugging my friend JIF, & some others on another blog, really messing with the thread, so we started calling him/her out! The troll chilled & either went away or joined the discussion! Also, you don't need to see people or know their real name to get a good or bad feeling from them! This is a blog neighborhood & we look out for "the regulars"! All good people! Hope that answers your questions!!

July 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Christina

BEYONCES THE BEST!

July 24, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  20. @ronnydee

They are not teens. Their group runs from 20s to 69, from what I've read. They seem to be good ppl. One lady mentioned she was not a day over 69. Couple are in college and in between. Two of them went to new york and got together with some others. That's what I know. Good ppl.

July 24, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. charlie crack

You too @ronnydee...god bless you sir...have a good one.

July 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. charlie crack

I don't impersonate anyone or use other names EVER! I actually act like a real man and you will see my name if I have something to say. Period. @mad told the fakes to say somethin' to him...go ahead....say somethin' to him boy! Scared?

July 24, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. RonnyDee

No more questions, just thought i'd asked this kids'going to church have a blessed day.

July 24, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  24. charlie crack

@ronnydee- not gona go off on you man...we just really are being nice, friendly and have a repore with each other. Why? Do you have a problem with us talking or defending each other...actually @peace and I started messaging after they found osama...we just are nice people (unless provoked). @mad is our bud and the girls @prez peace, @ms fernace, and @BV should be defended and their feelings protected from the hateful losers that like to talk to women bad on a blog...i'm not down with that. Anymore questions?

July 24, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. RonnyDee

Sorry I meant without you going ballistic on me.

July 24, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. RonnyDee

Hi @CharlieCrack,@Peace,@BeautifulVixen and@Madra3r i'd like to ask you a question with you all going ballistic on me.May I ask about how old you guys are ? I'm guessing between sixteen and twenty three.I mean it's not likevyou really know who you're talking to,why do you defend each other?

July 24, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. kabone

love u too much !!! <3 xoxo africa loves!!! <3 xoxo

July 24, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  28. @charliecrack

Real name is @N. Time lines all same for faking yer friend peace. I don't post here but I like to read what u and yer friends say to eachother. I was appauled at what faker ,@N, wrote in peaces name. All of us who have been reading these comments can tell the difference between real you's and fake yous. What a loser @N is.

July 24, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  29. The Måd Råp3r

@faker, Why do you never impersonate me? I feel so left out of your resounding failure sometimes. :[

July 24, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  30. ZZZZZZz

Charlie Crack your real name?hhhmmmm

July 24, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  31. charlie crack

Matter of fact @fake peace....don't say anyting to @beautiful vixen either even though not here on this blog....shhhhh, not a d@mn thing...won't bother me to punk you...i'm back to bed again (Zzzzzzz)

July 24, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  32. charlie crack

Just saw @fake peace (yawn, i'm so tired today). Hey chump i'm gona roll over and go back to sleep in a minute...but, if you say that sh!t to @peace, @fernace, or @mad r@p3r (which he won't take it anyway)...this isn't the amy winehouse blog so i'll rip you punk and I will defend us without hiding my name...now go sit back on daddy's lap before I smack the taste outa your mouth and you can't taste your baby food...be good o.o.t.c.k.....(Zzzzzzz)

July 24, 2011 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Ronny Dee

Over one Billion a year spent on suntan lotions. Leave Beyonce alone.

July 24, 2011 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  34. Roy

Is this a joke?

Does Clint Eastwood really want to pit BEYONCE against what was Judy Garland's best performance? It'll be egg on her face.

July 24, 2011 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  35. fernace

Thanks charlie crack, you've had my back before, appreciate it! Troll go back to your cave, I spotted you on other blogs trying to fake Peace, a considerate, peaceful person! You #fail!Run with your tail in your hand!!

July 24, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  36. @FakePeace

Hi fake Peace, How are you? It's been awhile.

July 24, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  37. Peace

Beyonce is one beautiful lady that just turned caucasion.I would love to suck her d!ck.Jay-z would also be perfect.I want his d!ck in my mouth.Who wants to do a blow-job with me?

July 23, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  38. @N

Da other day she tripped on her a$$ cuz its so large.

July 23, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Peace

Gran Torino-GREAT movie, Charlie!

July 23, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  40. charlie crack

@ms fernace- she and I have same birthday...always thought i'd get her before jay did. And if someone cusses you out, it's on!

July 23, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  41. fernace

Go home girl! Even though I live in ATx now & Bey in all parts of the world, she's still my H-town homie! Just a few comebacks; a) Clint is a great visionary & not a bigot, a better director than an actor & he didn't suck at that! b) Beyonce has always been on the light side, like her Louisiana born mama! c) She did go schwartz, R.U Kiddinme! Are you tounge-in-cheekin'-me or are you clueless? In German (the language spoken in Austria) schwartz means Black, & she did that with Jay-Z! Not sure what egger means, but certain Bey won't be doing it with Ahnold! d) this will be the 4th installment of A Star Is Born, the 1st being a drama, not a musical from 1937! So hit me back if you know something else, better or just wanna cuss me out!!

July 23, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  42. charlie crack

@eagle- "Gran Torino" was a good film....

July 23, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Brenda

@ VIFF Thats funny! :-)

July 23, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Not Hating

Wasn't Dreamgirls the opportunity of her life too...? #A_Fail

July 23, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. dawn01

get to this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

July 23, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Eagle

She' need to be smart check MR. Eastwood movies, he need her.. Bee's movie under Park Wood is better. MR. East Wood is old and out of touch. And still cast blacks as inferior. His name don't excite Black Americans. Morgan Freeman's a roll over. Now...white's... stick black's in movies to be the Apes, and them Tarzan...check MR. East Woods last 5 films. He has no vision. Bee don't get suckered. The scriptures says a good name, or in your case a hot name is better than gold! I'm just saying... there's truth to what my mother used to say every thing that glitter ant Gold. Don't let them pull you down knock you of course...The real Four Hola!!

July 23, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  47. ¥î₣₣

Wow, Katherine Heigl needs to lay off the tanning for a while.

July 23, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  48. StevenB

How many times is this movie going to be remade. This is at least the fifth incarnation.

And for that matter – remember when when Beyonce was a beautiful black woman? Why does she keep getting lighter and lighter and lighter?

July 23, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Candace Kane

Beyonce is a better actor then singer. Thank God we have Adele.Have a great day.

July 23, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seriously

Ha! Beyonces voice is better than Adeles FACT!

Have you listened to "4" the vocals are outstanding! Im not Beyonce #1 Fan but her voice is undoubtably the best there is, Adelephant is over rated, although she has a good voice too

July 24, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • WPalmer

I agree with Candace!!!! But that Candace and I may prefer Adele's voice over Beyonce's is an OPINION. Now, Seriously, if you want to get nasty about Adele, we can lay FACT that Beyonce really does ALWAYS sound slightly off key, not unlike a Hyena (that is an opinion). Also, another opinion: Beyonce dances like a white girl that almost has rhythm. By the way, Adele is a trained vocalist. She went to a prestigious performing arts school. I don't believe Beyonce even has a high school diploma, as is evidenced by her poor use of the English language in her song writing.

July 27, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • WPalmer

I have had the unfortunate experience of listening to "4". Awful.

July 27, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  50. EJ in metro Houston

OMG how many times does one movie have to be remade? Come up with something new Hollywood PLEASE!!

July 23, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  51. fiddy

She has truly become the new "michael jackson"...born black and has morphed into a white chick. LOL

July 23, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  52. TJ

So Clint, who's going play her husband?? Please give one of our black male actors an opportunity since leading black men is next to none in mainstream Hollywood.

July 23, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  53. R. U. Kiddinme

I like Clint but I think he's in a early stage of dementia. After this bit of news, I fully expect Arnold Schwarzenegger to be announced for the role of the "older thespian". Watch your back Jay-Z! You know what they say... once she goes Schwarz, she don't come back.

July 23, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  54. Sanya Wright

The s*xiest,most beautiful,most talented,hardest working woman in entertainment we love you you goddess.

July 23, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |