Chris Brown: Neighbor woes aren't my fault
July 22nd, 2011

Chris Brown: Neighbor woes aren't my fault

We're guessing Chris Brown's neighbors don't turn to him first when they need to borrow that cup of sugar.

After TMZ reported that the singer was having issues with other residents in his West Hollywood building who claimed it was a "nightmare" to live near the star, alleging that he plays music loudly, parties around the clock and is disrespectful, Brown told his side of the story via his Twitter account.

"I feel I have to explain myself because my brand/life is always being slandered and tampered with! ITS GOTTA STOP!" he posted Thursday.

"So this is cleared up... My neighbor has a problem with me (as do some people) so this whole tmz story is a way to continue...The bs," he went on. "My neighbor carves my name in our elevator to incriminate me so it looks like I'm a reckless 22 your [sic] old."

Regarding the allegations that he parks in handicapped parking spaces, Brown said, "My parking spaces in my building that were assigned to me when I [bought] this crib are painted over with handicap and no Parking signs...A person should be able to live in his or her own company of their house! I'm barely home so these stories and accusations are so childish!"

According to TMZ,the 22-year-old has been ticketed numerous times by the city, and the building has threatened to tow his vehicles. Brown's lawyer told the site that the artist is in litigation with the building over the parking confusion.

Filed under: Celebrities • Chris Brown

1. judy

Someone please shoot this motherphucker so we can be done with him.

July 27, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Melissa Jones

People really need to ease up on the Chris Brown incident w/ whats-her-face. Hands down, they were both at fault and made bad choices. The boy is amazing... even people that don't care for this genre know his voice is amazing and he's one of the best dancers out! Chris, if I were you I would tell the building you're living in to handle it, or you'll take your money elsewhere. At the end of the day it's a business and I'm willing to bet they're not interested in losing any money.

July 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. alecia

If he wants to be treated like an adult he needs to start acting like an adult. It doesnt matter that I do like his music I will not buy his albums or anything he has an interest in because Im not going to support a so called man who thinks its ok to behave as he does. At some point in ones life one should know what is acceptable and honorable behavior in society. Now Im going to take my toys and go home and pull the stick out of my butt and throw away my soapbox!

July 24, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. Damien

I don't understand why grown men and women are defending gossip sites and tabloids. If a person is accused of something I feel he/she has the right to exlplain him or herself without being called a whiner or accusations of defecting blame. The truth of the matter is Chris Brown is a polarizing figure so these sites would run anything that might cause some stir among his fans and his detractors.

July 23, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Carly

Why do people have to make such a big thing over little things like this!! Chris Brown CLEARLY explained himself on Twitter what was wrong with his neighbors. Everyone has bad neighbors give him a break! I would imagine people carving his name in the elevator. His cars has no spots at all because they never assigned them to him. They should just give him 3 parking spots that are NOT handicapped to solve this solution. All the other bs is just people complaining cause they have nothing better to do with their lives plus he's never there so that explains that people are making this bs up!

July 23, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • ¥Î₣₣

Wheres pimpdawhitegirls when we need him?

July 23, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • msdorisalice

I have had neighbors make false accusations against me to get kicked out because they did not want anyone with a dog in the building and because they were old and church figures they were believed so CB I know how that situation can go.

July 24, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. don't hate

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4oIzGirxkU&w=640&h=390]

July 23, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. charlie crack

I'm white. I like that song Busta and Wayne go nuts.....

July 22, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. lolo

smh at people judging this kid like yall perfect have you guys ever heard of look at me now chris brown hit song thats what he saying to all of you chris brown career is doing great and people mostly white cant stand it

July 22, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chris Brown's Mother

@RAZ-B, Im glad it gave you a laugh. Some people need to have humor on here. Too serious.

July 22, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Chris Brown's Mother

@Joey, No, Im just one person. Seriously. And you know its funny. I dont hate him, I was just speaking from a mothers point of view. Dont beat him up on the playground and throw him down the slide or in a locker. I know you might think he is slow, but the ticking and twitching really helps his dance moves.

July 22, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. turd eater

Doo Doo !!!!!!

July 22, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. joey

@chris brown mother chris brown biggest fan and chris brown is the same person wow are you that pathetic don you have a life you really have nothing better too lmao you hate a 22 year old that much

July 22, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. joey

@poppy know chris brown haters like you will meat kharma one day

July 22, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Chris Brown's Mother

Please dont gang up on my little boy. He just got dropped as a child and fidgets and cant keep thoughts straight. Weve done all we can to fix the head trauma, but after Rihanna busted his head AGAIN in the Lambo he hasnt been quite right. He thought he was painting me a mural for mothers day and thats why the parking spots are blue. He cant recognize nor put together even a puzzle made out of shapes so we thought him painting the squares would be therapy, after all he is handicapped so he can park there. He has ticks and twitches, yells out loud at everyone (you see the comments), and has a soft spot on the back of his head. If you touch it he freaks and starts throwing furniture and stuff. Even the best dr's cant help my boy. Please be nice to him.

July 22, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raz-B

when i saw this i litterally fell on the ground laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chris brown is a punk who needs his momma to give him a good whoopin lol

July 22, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Poppy

And yet he still is rewarded by adoring fans and movie deals. Some really screwed up priorities. Some people seem to believe that if you have money you can do whatever you want to do and if anyone complains about you being an ass, they're jealous. That's just not how the real world works. Chris Brown will meet Kharma one day, and it will be a real eye opener for him. Hope I live to see it.

July 22, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. xanatos

Stupid morons...all of you. Old news is the best you can do. The young brother is one of the most, if not THE most amazing all around performers out there today and you idiots have nothing better to do than keep hanging on to a 2 – 3 year incident. Move the f-ck on with your lives you less-than-a-horses-ass....he has.

July 22, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Richard Sucker

Yo Yo Yo, its MTV RAPs!

July 22, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Lewis

This has been some much fun reading these comments. I'm so tired of the toilet stuff.

July 22, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Katie

Wow a lot of immature people in here. Are we sure this is a CNN blog? *double checks URL* You're no better than what you accuse Chris Brown to be...

As for the neighbors, this sounds like a desperate attempt to create news. Chris Brown has money and can live wherever he chooses so I find it hard to believe he would cause havoc in that ONE location when he probably has many homes. And how pathetic they are to tamper with what's his. He needs to sue all parties involved...

July 22, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. jk

not even a chris brown fan but how is it right to forgive charlie sheen but not chris brown makes no sense

July 22, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. bill & ted

@leroy; you're a black moron? don't bring race into it, you're just a moron.

July 22, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. joey

@chris brown haters at the end of the day yall not stoping him top 10 singles number1 album record breaking performances huge fanbase yall mad because of that and yall hating on a website aint doing nothing

July 22, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  23. tigger1215

Hasn't anyone noticed – yes this is not the topic – how he murders the Emglish language. He can't speak intelligently or properly & he certainly can't spell. He can sing, I guess, but that doesn't make him "all that" I saw him on Larry King with his mother after he beat Rhianna & he could barely put 2 words together. Get a tutor or go back to school!

July 22, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  24. joey

but the good thing is yall woulnt be here if yall really didnt care about chris brown because yall thought cb career was over keep hating haters making him stronger dont yall notice that

July 22, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris Brown

Thanks for fans like you, joey... I appreciate all your support.

July 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • [lol] (@ Joey)

I respect Chris Brown as a talented musician. As a person I have no comment, nor have I said anything bad about him.

Learn to differentiate the person and the artist before you start making assumptions, joey.

July 22, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. joey

yall did the same thing to mj

July 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • [lol] @ joey

Stop generalizing.

I never said Charlie abused a woman... I was pointing out how you were comparing apples to oranges with Charlie Sheen and Chris Brown.

July 22, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  26. joey

charlie never abused a women your crazy he even shot a woman but hes a good person

July 22, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. CHRIS BROWNS BIGGEST FAN

I know that Chris has a bad reputation & anger issues & beats up women & keeps his neigbors up all night, but deep inside, he's really sweet. i mean once he bought a box of girl scout cookies & his songs have catchy beats. & in my book, that makes him the greatest person ever!!!!!!

July 22, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  28. [lol]

kimberly and joey seem to be the same person... and it's "racist" not "rasict" (if you say it out loud it makes more sense).

This has nothing to do with race. Charlie Sheen didn't beat anyone, did he? He didn't storm out of an interview and trash a room, did he? Charlie Sheen is a drugged up guy who will overdose himself to his doom if he keeps going... Chris Brown's problems are totally different... the only connection is the fame. Addiction hurts you more than it hurts others (in most cases)... beating someone actually hurts the other person more overall than it does yourself (even with all the guilt trips you endure).

July 22, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leroy

HAHAHAHAH!! Go back to school and learn to spell kimberly and joey and after that you can work on learing what racist means.

July 22, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • [lol]

lol

July 22, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kris

So then you are saying that you also don't like or listen to Rhianna's music either, right? Because she hit him as well. And LONG before he beat her. She hit him in countries all over the world...yet because she's a girl apparently that makes it ok.

July 22, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Damien

Charlie sheen actually did hold a knife to one wife, thereatend to kill another and apparently shot her. Just saying

July 23, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. kim

i agree with kimberly!!!! you go !!

July 22, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  30. kim

hey look its a fan YES IM A DAMN PROUD FAN OF CHRIS BROWN,,NOT im not advertising a DATING SITE crazy!!!

July 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  31. joey

i hate rasict white people who hate on a young black man yall pathetic

July 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  32. kimberly

you guys love charlie sheen 40 year old who been messing up all his life but at 19 chris brown makes a couples of mistakes and hes the worst perosn ever rasicts

July 22, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • isabella!

who says we love charlie sheen? i don't even pay attention to that fool! and chris brown got off real easy for beating rihanna, and he is still whining that people need to stop bringing it up. he may of did community service but that doesn't make it alright! and then still blaming all the bad things happening to him, because he thinks that everyone is out to get him, so it is everyone else fault that he does stupid things like the raz-b fight on twitter, and good morning america! this little kid needs to grow up, oh and i would also like to point out how much of a punk this kid actually is. this guy not only beats rihanna, but he also decides to bite her on her hand and on her ear! like what the hell is that. and maybe i am hating on him but he deserves every little bit of it!!!!!!!!!!!

July 22, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. KIM

I personally like chris brown,,and i dont think he is trash..and his neighbors should MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS...and Im a 40 yearold white female, airforce medic ...and I personally LOVE HIS MUSIC! i LIKE HIM for his talent(singing) leave his personal business alone!!! let the man live!!! keep singing chris!!! i listen to your music everyday when i work out at golds gym,,, inspiration and motivation!!!! we love ya!!!!

July 22, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • look it's a fan

Is it just me or does your comment sound just like you're advertising for a dating site... "... and Im a 40 yearold white female, airforce medic" LOL

July 22, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leroy

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! Kim you're a ditz giving your money to that girl slapping, cry baby, brat.

July 22, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nellie

It's really sad how people are so stuck on him. I love Chris brown if you don't like him move on with your life's. At the end of the day he's making money and people support him. Nobody cares anymore about him hitting Rihanna. Nobody even knows that full story he apologized that's it. Hop off his dick damn! Chris you do you. Your fans will support you as for the rest of y'all go suck ya momma!

August 16, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  34. Leroy

CB I aint Rhianna...................... I'll smack the black outta you!

July 22, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Observer

Chris Brown is a liberal stooge. Completely useless as a human being. My preddiction is that he will fade from sight, then come back for "Celebrity Rehab" and willwind up working in the same mall as Gary Coleman did.

July 22, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Observer

My PREDICTION (that's how you spell it, son) is that whenever you comment, it's only to call someone a liberal stooge.

July 22, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Kris

@WOW, I'm surprised as well. I mean dude cleaned up at the BET awards, even won viewers choice. So obviously he still has fans. I personally don't care for him or Rihanna.

July 22, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Leroy

I can't believe people go to see this trash bag. CB you need a good old fashion a$$ whooping....................and you dress like a shmuck.

July 22, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris Brown

I'd like to see you try, "Leroy." Leroy??? What kind of name is that? Kid, I'll beat you so hard your parents won't recognize you!

July 22, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  38. WOW

I'm surprised all the Chris Brown lovers/fans haven't come out of the woodwork yet to support their beloved star.

This article is getting trolled hard... as expected... nice!

July 22, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Dude!

Oh man, is he wearing brass knucks in that picture? The neighbors better run!

July 22, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  40. fernace

The plot Thins!!

July 22, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  41. the punisher

CB just bein' his normal, punk-a$$ muthaphukkin self. Nobody likes you cuz you're a d!ckhead.

July 22, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris Brown

I'm going to show you what a real punisher is, little kid.

July 22, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Run for it, pun! Some guy wearing a pink bow-tie is going to attack you.

July 22, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • [lol]

I heard that pink bow-tie does wonders... or maybe it's the steroids.

July 22, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris Brown

The what??? What is up with your name??? This pink bow-tie wearing guy is going to beat you silly.

Really... "[lol]" how creative is that name... you stick a bracket before and after "lol"... you guys are going to get beat down so hard... watch out.

July 22, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ri-Ri

*kicks Chris Brown right in the sack*
      Man Down!

July 22, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris Brown

Ri-Ri...

... you wish. Know your place.

July 22, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Chris Brown

To all of you people talking smack about my brand/life...

... I'm going to beat the @#$% out of you... starting with commenter #1... you ain't my attorney.

July 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Ri-Ri

Let Chrissy take my parking spot, Imma Man Down his a$$!

July 22, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • O RLY?

Yeah, you show him... just like you did in the car that night.

July 22, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ri-Ri

He sucker punched me when I dropped the I've-got-herpes-now-so-do-you bomb on him. What's a girl to do?

July 22, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  44. O RLY?

Yes, Chris... tell them like it is. You didn't beat Rihanna... she actually somehow decided to hit herself and blame you for it. Ah, and the outburst on Good Morning America? Yeah, someone said something about your mother behind the scenes and got you mad, so as you were running back to your dressing room in sadness someone decided to frame you by breaking the windows...

July 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  45. The Måd Råp3r

"...my brand/life..."
    Dingbat blathering like this is why I don't take you seriously, Mini-Ike

July 22, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Mad

That's a brand no one would want to bank on, that's for sure.

Although I do find it incredibly childish to write names on elevator walls (I believe he didn't do it) I find it very outlandish that someone is actually THAT pathetic to paint over a perfectly fine parking space in blue to come off as handicapped...

July 22, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  46. [lol]

If people are THAT messed up to be painting parking spaces blue to come off as handicapped spots... they are really messed up in the head... but that's somewhat hard to believe. If that really is the case, where the heck would these people get the signs from? They'd have to be official, believable signs... not the ones you get at Home Depot or write on a piece of paper...

July 22, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • msdorisalice

I'm not making excuses for Chris Brown because he has made mistakes and he should take ownership for them if he has committed them, but just because he is famous and you all are mad that he didn't fall off you should not keep bringing it up and using it to try to break him. Chris if I was you I would not even let these hates get to you because they are wasting their time writing these comments and at the end of they day you still are banking and are still a very talented individual. Everyone has flaws and I'm not saying I tolerate beating of women or breaking windows but I do understand how you can get to that point and make a mistake once. Just stick to his music and leave his person business just that. If I want to purchase his album that my personal decision and it does not make a supporter of a bad person because if he was as bad as you all trying to make him out to be there should be way more woman coming out of the wood workers as in Tiger's case. And have you ever thought that you all are worst than him for making Rihanna continually relive that night and embarrassing her by bringing up the story.

July 24, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  47. Chris Brown's Attorney

Well you know, when he has problems dealing with other people (in this case, his neighbors), usually his best solution is to beat them senseless until they finally shut up.

July 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

It's never his fault. Nothing he does is wrong. . .it's always the media. Big cry baby.

July 22, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |