Carrie Underwood leads list of top 'American Idols'
July 22nd, 2011

Carrie Underwood leads list of top 'American Idols'

It's been years since she's been on the show, but the fan base Carrie Underwood started to build on "American Idol" is still paying off.

Underwood landed the No. 1 spot on the Forbes list of "The Top-Earning American Idols" by raking in $20 million this past year. The singer won season 4 of the top-rated Fox singing competition and has since segued into a career as a platinum-selling country artist.

The No 2. and 3 spot features a tie between two contestants who didn't even win "Idol" – rocker Chris Daughtry and glamboy Adam Lambert. The pair both pulled in $6 million.

Others rounding out the list include season 3 winner Fantasia Barrino with $4 million; one of the show's youngest winners, Jordin Sparks, with $3 million; and Kelly Clarkson with $2.5 million.

According to Forbes, the earnings were calculated by taking "estimated pretax income earned from May 2010 to May 2011, before subtracting agent and manager fees." Click here for the full list.

1. Carrie is talented

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7mye984rU&w=640&h=390]

July 23, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. charlie crack

@ms fernace is bustin' rhymes tonite on other blog....she's on it! Lol

July 23, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. charlie crack

Hey there prez@peace! Have a good w/e...

July 23, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. Peace

Hi Lisa! Idol blog, right up your alley! As you can see, some things never change! Have good w/e!

July 22, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @@@Fresh Breath

I hate you too! F()ck off!

July 22, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @Fresh Breath

No jokin! Seriously people stop the racism/hatred!

July 22, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • @@Fresh Breath

YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND I HATE YOU, THIS WHOLE POST HATE YOU, I HOPE YOU BURN IN HE11

July 22, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Fresh Breath

Oh.My.Gawd.... You people and your racist/s3x comments. Grow up... If anything, if your Momma could see what you wrote, she'd be ashamed..

July 22, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Shar

Where do these ignorant ppl come from. Some of the replies are more than disturbing. Who cares what any of them make how does it affect you. Plus Carrie, Adam and Daughtry shouldn't be compared in this way. Carrie 2005, Daughtry 2006, Adam 2009, Fantasia 2004. Adam is so new to the scene but is doing very well compared to some who've been post idol for much longer. It takes time to build a career.

July 22, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. judge judy

grow up little boys.

July 22, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. 2much2say

ummmmmmmm.larry.i think you got worked bud. Let it go.

July 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @Larry

Nahhhh. Your daughter and wife like bacon cooked crisp. But they did smoke my pork pole.

July 22, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. charlie crack

@Ron31- you're good bro...no harm,no foul.

July 22, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. shakeNbake

I would totally slide a digit in Carries sh!tpipe

July 22, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. @Larry

While you and your fam eat each other you backwoods inbred. I already said I put fire to your @$$ so I think the chitlins you talk about are cooked. You wifes all done too, on her way home.

July 22, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. charlie crack

@Ron31- Read it again... I said they got that idiot off your back...you got something confused I think.

July 22, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron31

Yeah..my bad I was reading other comments at the same time I didn't read that properly. Sorry

July 22, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Marie

Carrie EARNED her money... she's intelligent, talented... and "works"... Her name has been in the news since she won Idol... always working at something.. No handouts for her. Gold-digger? Some people are so envious! And / or clueless.

July 22, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. @Larry

I will let you up for air, because you are f()ckn gettin worked. Once again IM WHITE B!TCH! Brotha this, racist that, ohhh doo doo doodie pies, butt rockets, turd pumpkins. You are just a weak sap!

July 22, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  18. @Larry

Yup. I stroked his @$$ with a baseball bat! Bend over sl()t!

July 22, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  19. WHAT?

What's the deal here? You getting stroked Larry?

July 22, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Fabio

I don't know about everyone else, but my balls are doing some serious sweating today

July 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  21. @Larry

Ok, you give it some thought. Because you havent said sh!t good yet. Is that mayonnaise on your lip or is your wife back in business?

July 22, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Bigwavedave

Chris Daughtry I can understand doing well, but Underwood's material just doesn't do it for me, I suppose I'm the minority. :D

July 22, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. @Larry

How can you say stupid reply when youre too stupid to come up with a reply? Shows your weakness. You scared or something? Afraid I might reach through your screen and choke you like your daughter choked my chicken?

July 22, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. charlie crack

Look man. You got dealt with. They got you off Ron31 didn't they? Period. Pause!!!

July 22, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron31

Don't know what you mean by saying they got me off....No body got me off except my wife

July 22, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Darlecie

Say what you want about Fantasia but facts are she made $4 million dollars and won a grammy! She's like the underdog on this list while you all sit behind a computer for free and gossip lol. Congrats to Carrie being on top of the list. Some of these names are under the radar and not in the spotlight but still doing well and I'm glad to know that.

July 22, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  26. @Larry

Yup. Hot on your @ss phucker....got you tied up by your neck in the garage holdin a lighter to your taint you ignorant lame

July 22, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  27. @Larry

Here p()ssy, p()ssy, p()ssy. Come here....

July 22, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  28. @Larry

You mean Mrs.???? You have a p()ssy

July 22, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. @Larry

Well had fun smokin you b!tch! Now fall off a bridge and try to float like the sh!t turd you are.

July 22, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  30. @Larry

I'll call you like a dog..."Here nazi nazi nazi...come here!"

July 22, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  31. @Larry

Toss??? Yup, your wife is tossin my salad....Im white trick....you just cant handle it...infantile lil b@stard

July 22, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. tracie

Darkies make very strong musky smelling turrds. Eating darkie doo doo is a very daring thing to do, but I highly recommend it.

July 22, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Just Sayin

Don't u know that a name like Larry makes u look like a racist child molester?

July 22, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. @Larry

Come on man...anything else....???? I see you left @Ron31 alone, bring it to me b!tch!!!

July 22, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. @Larry

Yep...and the racist sh!t is classy on your part...atleast you can read a rhyme right....dont make it the truth....

July 22, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  36. @Larry

I dont have a daughter so I dont see how...your wife and daughter on their knees takin turns blowin me now...Haaa...come on trick....

July 22, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. @Larry

"Talk all that sh!t ya want they wont miss when your gone, came into your momma house while your @ss was alone...say somethin else b!tch you act like I could give a d@mn, Id wack you in my house and then bury you on my own land....you a grown man huh...well then tell me whatcha gon do...I'll smoke your @ss in D-town and drag you out to Longview...."

July 22, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  38. tracie

She needs doo doo highlights.

July 22, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  39. @Larry

Hey there b!tch made sucka....I see your dumb @ss comments...let me tell you bruh....you dont wana start with me...

July 22, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  40. charlie crack

Stop talkin bout his wife...stop talkin that racist sh!t....get a life, a wife, a knife and cut yourself....whatever....holler atcheee

July 22, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron31

Thanks for you support as always. It's nice to know that you are a true supporter

July 22, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  41. tracie

You know what? The girl in that picture would look so much better with doo doo smeared on her eyes and lips.

July 22, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. charlie crack

Saaaay!!!! Everytime @Ron31 is on here yall wana start that race sh!t...leave people alone....if you come down south and talk to me in my face about my girlfriend like that all Ive gota say is....."Yap about a gangster and a brotha might find ya....."-c.crack 2011

July 22, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Let

Congrats to the Idols who are doing so well. Sad for the jealous haters with their nasty comments. But what do you expect from people who have lived such sad and unfortunate lives?

July 22, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  44. tracie

I am sorry if you are married to a black woman, but I bet eating her butthole is fun because you can't see the brown streaks and it is always a nice surprise.

July 22, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ron31

@harold,It is people like you that gives this world no hope for the future. I'm commenting on a different posting and you are bringing stuff up from 3 days ago. Real nice. You're an idiot and stupid

July 22, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jeff

I love hot dogs!

July 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ron31

@harold,I'm glad you had a dose of black punani but it was definately not my wife. You don't even know where I live or how my wife looks. I'm glad you feel good about yourself by commenting about it but you're a child and need to grow up. Not one black woman would ever be despereate enough to lay down with you or even talk to you.

July 22, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  48. @Anderson Fartazz

Yes, I know it's Clarkson, just being sarcastic.

July 22, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  49. @Anderson Fartazz

First, learn how to spell, second she is more productive and successful than your sorry pinky-sized di#k. Why don't you go kill yourself. I like Kelly Clarckson. She need to step it up again.

July 22, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  50. adam fan

What is wrong with the people on this site??? Is this a junior high site or something? I feel sorry for the blogger. He can't even get a sensible comment on his article.

I am proud of all the idols on this list but especially Adam Lambert. He worked really hard this year with all his touring. He is truly becoming an international superstar.

July 22, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. tracie

Sometimes I eat two cans of black beans and smell my farts all day. Toilet time is the the best time.

July 22, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ron31

Carrie Underwood is so deserving of this. I am probably her biggest fan and I am very happy for her. As for her hockey punk husband well he's just getting a free ride on the money train. Good job Carrie and hope more success fellows this. F.Y.I. she is awesome in concert

July 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Gas master

I have super smelly farts today....they are making my eyes water..

July 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • happytam

Mine are making the eyes of everyone around me water. I have become immune to my own gas.

July 22, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  54. simon

kelly and fantasia need to lay off the bon bons! they are getting huge.

July 22, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  55. charlie crack

I love Carrie Underwear...I mean Underwood...if I had the chance I would slap her hubby with a hockey stick and marry her myself....

July 22, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  56. DJL

Check out this song and others by a great singer/sonwriter!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0CiqnYiPPo&w=640&h=390]

July 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  57. tracie

I am a nice girl who happens to like eating doo doo.

July 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Sue

I spend loads last year seeing ADAM LAMBERT live in concert!!! He's the best you have out there these days! Also love Kelllie and Carrie! and Mr Daughtry! Jordan was my fav from her season!

July 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Jeff

Sorry but after Underwood, Kelly Clarkson is far better. ..

July 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Her star is fading fast. Daughtry is catching up to her fast. Her next cd should be better than the last.

July 22, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  60. johnnyc

All of these comments r retarded. Except the guy on the toilet. At least he is honest.

July 22, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  61. Hello!

Wow.! It is hot out! 99 already!

July 22, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  62. RIta

I am so happy to see Adam Lambert on this list. He is so deserving of this success, as he has worked his butt off for many years doing what he loves most. Simon threw many compliments Adam's way and as far as I remember, Adam was the only contestant on American Idol that was given a standing ovation from Simon. I attended two of Adam's concerts in the Dallas area and they were the two best concerts I have ever seen, and I have been to many concerts over the years.

July 22, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • ml

I'm with you, Rita! I saw Adam in the American Idol tour and he was the only one that the fans went nuts over. He is the consummate performer. I love that guy!

July 22, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • L

ned & olive

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” – Herman Hesse

July 22, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

I agree on Adam Lambert. Diane Martel did a great job on his video for "What Do Ya Want From Me (she did JHud and Beyonce's videos as well)! I loved Carrie's song 'I dug my key into the side hahaha"

July 22, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

uh ohhh i see the nasty fans of other idols have descended...lol u guys never change w/the nasty comments on every article, saying those things won't make your idol any more successful..they still broke as a joke =p

July 22, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Batholemew Higgins

Kellie Pickler made 1.8 mill? Ah, the dumbing of America!

July 22, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  64. Tank

Anderson: i usually dont say anything to people about grammer and stuff on these blogs but using "lettuce" instead of "let us" was probably one of the dumbest things ive ever seen. Sorry but that was just dumb.

July 22, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  65. fernace

Carrie is richer than her hockey player! If anything HE's the goldigger! If Fantasia made 4 mil last year why is she losing her house & trying to commit suicide? Is 4 mil not enough to live on comfortably? Cause I'll be happy to take it off her hands if she doesn't want it!!:)

July 22, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  66. lili

This is why Simon Cowell is Simon Cowell. He predicted that not only will Carrie win but will sell more albums than any other Idol. Simon Cowell might have been mean on the show but he was right on the money

July 22, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  67. Stacy

Great job to all who made the list. Fantasia had a tough year last year but ended on top financially AND winning a Grammy now that's REALLY "Bittersweet" :)

July 22, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Carrie Underwoods worst year is better than the best from any Idol.

July 22, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Dani

Woo hoo! Go Fantasia. I'm very proud of her.

Now bring on the racist comments cause I can count on them coming in 3..2..1

July 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Ana L

William Hung in my opinion is the best one

July 22, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • NYC

Pants on the ground guy should be on the list too. He grossed about $10 or $11 last year

July 22, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  69. portalpunk

Typical woman, even though she made all that money she still can't resist her golddigger instinct by marrying a hockey player.

July 22, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Brooklyn in Canada

Wow – you must have gotten burned bad to post a comment like that. Despite what you might think, not all women are gold diggers. Perhaps the one you were with was... She fell in love with a hockey player. Big whoop. She likely makes more money than Mike anyway. Negativity will get you nowhere.

July 22, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

She makes more than he does. Do your home work.

July 22, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Fan

She makes much more than he does and no worries on your part ..... no gold diggers were, have been or will be, looking for you....some hint of intelligence is helpful.

July 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marie

Clearly your brain is lacking substance.

July 22, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

All you women who ressponded have been officially trolled today, hope you were worked up to a tizzy. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

July 22, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Tracey

I remember the episode during season #4 where Simon Cowell predicted this exact thing happening. Good for Carrie! She is very talented!

July 22, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  71. Lewis

Sitting on the toilet too long can cause hemorrhoids. It that why you do it?

July 22, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  72. LBW

I am curious about Fantasia. What did she do to earn four million dollars? I thought she lost her home last year. Does she has an album out or does she act? Didn't she attempt suicide last year?

July 22, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • @ LBW

She did everything but read.

July 22, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Sheila

She has a lot of R&B fans who buy her music and go to her concerts. And to the hater who wants her to succeed with another suicide attempt, go choke on it. Fantasia ain't going anywhere. What do you care anyway, you're obviously not a fan.

July 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  73. tracie

I am sitting on the toilet.

July 22, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  74. Ron31

That's not what your mama said last night

July 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  75. charlie crack

@Ron31- You're good bro...no harm, no foul.

July 22, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |