Zach Braff: I'm still straight
July 20th, 2011

Zach Braff: I'm still straight

If you still check ZachBraff.com, a site that the actor's rep says has been dormant since 2006, you would've seen a note posted this morning purportedly from Braff revealing that he was gay.

The letter, addressed to Braff's fans, says in part: "I have been hiding this secret inside me for too long...The human mind can only bare [sic] so much before it explodes in emotions, and well... it is time I let the world know. I am excited and proud to announce that I am an open member of the homosexual community."

But the letter was the work of a hacker, Braff's rep confirms to CNN.

The actor, who stars in the upcoming "Oz: The Great and the Powerful," adds that he's "still straight. But not too straight; still love musicals and brunch..."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. kitty

who cares. gay or not. BFD.

August 4, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Leroy

Yes you are Zach. You and Ryan Seacrest are just fooling yourselves into thinking your not.

July 22, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. PhilG.

Anyone care?

Is this important?

Anyone?

July 21, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MXD

That's funny ... Zach doesn't KISS like he's gay...

July 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. FooFooPandaMonkey

Wow, I doubt that this article, was directed towards any of you low-lifes who are now above my comment. Do you not have lives? Or do you have sit and critique everyone else's who seems to be and probably is more successful than yourselves? Me personally? I like the show "Scrubs" So you all can find a nice closet somewhere, pick out the rankiest shirt in it, and within the space thats left there, you can climb in and go F*** yourselves. :)

July 21, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. James T.

So, he admitted it and then changed his mind. Big whoop. I just hate it when people blame their own drunken indiscretions on hackers. That's so 2010.

July 21, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. citizenUSA

Sorry Zach. If you're not "too straight" that must mean you're "somewhat gay", (not that there's anything worng with that). Whether you call it brunch, lunch or just stuffing your face, everyone has to eat. Liking musicals makes you a dork not gay.

July 21, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. Canine Humper

I hope his dog, Rex, is gay.

July 21, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sarah

Oh the things I would do to this man. He was my first jew love. Zach and Sarah sound so wonderful together.

July 21, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  10. Natasone

What I find most odd, is the posts here that all agree that he is gay...I am going to chalk those up to wishful thinking of some gay folks, or jealousy of some straight folks. Personally, I don't give a crap either way. He has made me laugh through his shows and work, and that was his only job. What he does aside from that...I couldn't care less. If he says publicly that he isn't, then he isn't. If he says later that he is, then he is. It does not change the price of my morning coffee, nor how much it costs to fill my car with gas. So, tho I seriously doubt that he is gay, unless he is sleeping with my barista, or the guy who rings up my gas, and it somehow gets me a discount on those 2 items....I couldn't care less.

July 21, 2011 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Veglvr

Well said! I agree completely. Who cares? How does any of this change my daily life? It doesn't. Still a fan, will always be a fan. Waiting for his cameo on Cougar Town next season.

July 21, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. Kevin

EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

July 21, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  12. nerp

I think a unicorn just quee-fed right now.

July 20, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chris

Man and his new movie is about the Wizard of Oz. That certainly doesnt help.

July 20, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ali Bamma

I care! So tired of cute, sweet guys coming out (Lance, Clay, Ricky, etc.)....... I mean, it's all well & good for them & more power to 'em, be yourself & all, but not so fun for us gals who love them. Zach is straight & proud, thank God! Adore him!!! LOL

July 20, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Adam

Strangely enough Anthony Weiner also claimed he was hacked, we all know how that ended. He may deny it, but his boyfriend loves packing his fudge!

July 20, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Um...

Nobody cares, Zach.

July 20, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bubba

At least he has a good sense of humor!

July 20, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. phearis

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!! Anthony Weiner said he was "hacked" too. *wink*

July 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JimS.

It must be funny to be a celeb like this, always reading BS like people "revealing" you're gay, when you're not. What, like if someone repeats it often enough, he's supposed to say, "Oh well, everyone's so sure– I guess I'll just to start doing guys now". Grow up people. If he's not gay, it doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, he's not gay. And if he IS, and he's saying he's not, it's clearly none of your business as far as he's concerned. So either way, S*TFU.

July 20, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lisa

over a month ago i sat next to him at a union square place and he looks great and he was eating with a very skinny model that looked like she needed to eat more of the food on her plate but anyway even if he was "GAY " SO FREAKING WHAT!!!!!!!!!! why do we all care he is a great actor , great creator, writer and he actually looks better in person...........why do you people write such BS...................

July 20, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • shelly

he was consulting with her on which lacey underwear compliments hium best. I dont care either way, gay or straight, but he comes across as gay but then again men are very femme these days.

July 21, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  21. mejazzbo

Not that there is anything wrong with not being gay.

July 20, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. YOUBRO

You can tell by the twinkle in his eye. He loves that summer sausage.

July 20, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  23. caff484

he's not gay, just his movies are

July 20, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  24. fernace

I think this is a ploy to take advantage of all the attention on gay marriage & Anthony Weiner! Zach is known to be a jokester like that! He's supposed to be a ladies man, which I don't see, but I don't see him as gay either! Maybe bi.....

July 20, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. MBachHubby1

Oh, plllllease! Stop acting like barbarians.

July 20, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Harry the Ho~Mo Humper

Oh yeah...he's a huge flaming queen.

July 20, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Josie

And yet he still looks gay.

July 20, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  28. hamburger steak

And yet another case of persons hacking themselves.

July 20, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Peace

I believed ya, Mad! :)

July 20, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Bowwow

Breaking news: the hacker has been contacted by Tom Cruise. No word on why yet.

July 20, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. The Måd Råp3r

Told you guys he was gay, no one believed me though. This hacker was just trying to help Zach out of the closet and over the rainbow.

July 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |