What's the verdict on Rebecca Black's 'My Moment'?
July 19th, 2011

What's the verdict: Rebecca Black's 'My Moment'?

Rebecca Black hasn't let naysayers stand in the way of her escalating fame, but the 14-year-old's latest, "My Moment," may not help her transition from being responsible for what was called the worst song ever and into an actual singer.

Reaction to Black's single, which focuses on her rise to fame and where her haters can get off, has ranged from "ugh" and "horrendous" to "it's actually not that bad."

Yet critics focused on another aspect of the song: Regardless of whether you appreciate the track's arrangement, it's not exactly an ideal follow-up to a song that celebrated the days of the week.

Although "Friday" horrified the vast majority of listeners on that first go round, it at least made us laugh. "My Moment," however, doesn't exactly achieve that.

While Black certainly has the grounds to slay her opposition, says Rolling Stone, "it's still vaguely disappointing for her to go from ['Friday'] to getting overly meta at the age of 14...it's hard to imagine this song or video capturing anyone's imagination in the way 'Friday' did."

Adds Time: "[H]er newest attempt won't be swallowed any better than the original."

Says the Washington Post, "To be fair, the singing isn’t terrible. But it’s not that good either. And for a person who is only famous for being the person behind something so awful that it was a viral video masterpiece, this tepid song just isn’t cutting it."

What's your verdict?

Filed under: Music • Webisodes

1. Kaashif Hackett

Let's face it ; using today's technology as well as image look, you're able to do incredible items together with amusing images. The internet can be packed with sites for you to distribute the ...its funny

February 16, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. juan del pueblo

Holy cow! It's Kim Kardashian singing at the asian karaoke bar!!!!

September 7, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Terri

I don't understand people being cruel and hurtful either, but truthfully, the poor girl doesn't really have a lot of talent. And that's not being mean, its just my opinion. However, there isn't much talent out there these days, I've never liked Spears voice, JB is terrible IMHO, Lady Gaga has talent but she tries too hard, there just isn't the talent you used to see out there anymore. I think I'll go listen to Heart, those ladies knew how to sing

September 3, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rhonda

Nothing against Rebecca but in my opinion she is not that good. Take away the instruments and her voice is still lacking. She has a long way to go. Who knows maybe in the far future with more experience and voice lessons she will be better.

August 16, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Peg

I can't understand ALL the vicious, cruel & hurtful comments to say the least. It seems to me that there is quite alot of jealous "children" in her school! Too bad, the world would be a much better place without all the envy and pettiness. Get a life... Be happy for Rebecca – she's adorable and her song is really good! I hope she goes a long way – while all you horrible critics/idiots probably can't carry a "tune in a bucket" and ardoing drugs. Give Rebecca a chance!

August 12, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Oz

Actually not going to lie here. Yes, 'Friday' sucked. A LOT. I mean, the only thing that could top it on the crap factor is the debacle with the debt ceiling.

'My Moment'. It's not bad. Don't get me wrong, she still has some work to do. But her vocals definitely did get better. And I mean come on, the lyrics (although corny) are INFINITELY much better than asking the question that is on everyone's mind when their friend pulls up in a convertible: should I sit in the front seat, or kick it in the back?

All in all, if she keeps working on her vocals, try a bit harder with the lyrics, Hell she could actually be decent. It's like the old saying, practice makes perfect.

August 1, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. Micheal Bolton

This song gets 4 taints out of 4.

July 29, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. JFreely

My Moment is very tepid as a song. Fascinating experiment to take an ordinary teen gal and see what happens in the hands of a pro music team - hope the 5 song ep has some more pop "umph" to it.

Pop music today has less call for talent with the likes of auto-tuned Britney, Kesha, etc. Lady GaGa = the best actual singer I've heard in pop for years, though.

July 21, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • xenox

hey my friend, if you are still a tweeny it is understandable. now if your not, then your comment is out of the line pal. you must consider the age bracket of rebecca black and you will understand what kind of pop song she would make. it is clear an simple analysis. you critics people are the only one who boggled your critizism.

July 22, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. Signature

Ok, in all fairness, this is definitely leagues ahead in terms of quality than Friday.
    That being said , I agree that it doesn't display much vocal range or growth, but as a teenager , ones singing voice is naturally kinda airy and soft. Plus , its not quite as horrifyingly nasal as before , and actually not too bad to listen to.
    Besides , both Britney spears and Kesha do the same thing – Autotune and little actual talent- yet nobody rams that down their throats.
    It's not excellent , but doesn't deserve haters , so back off people. She's so young – have some empathy and don't critique her so harshly just because it's the Internet and you can do it. She's gutsier than all of you , so to hell with it. Don't like it , don't listen. I certainly won't – and we can leave it at that.

July 21, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. VT_Citizen

I like it.

July 20, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Billy

He called the sh!t "poop".

July 20, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Steve Wiffle

Have you noticed that you can't get mustard for free? What a sham! Although the waffles make excellent hats.

July 20, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. B-Jud

Anybody else smell a William Hung situation here? I'm not sure she's trying to be a famous singer so much as she's trying to make bank while she still can (or her parents)

July 20, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. regor16

people cooking this scenario were there for so long........ that girl' i presume she had an extra talent just like bieber maybe more and you know if you are updated of all events. maybe that 15 or ..... minutes of fame in www would be changed
    that talent of her is their ace if all goes wrong!!! there rebecca black singing unauto tuned, hit the the notes on the the right point, if it is a conspiracy rebecca is in partially in good posture but, if it is truly war between that giants......???? omg

July 20, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. regor16

the most awkward moment is haters stats will reach the unthinkable mark and then that obnoxious rebecca is really talented. they just cooked this to be so dumb and hilarious bcoz thats the the trend of the www now. hmmmmn just a stupid analysis though.............. but mostly possible?

July 20, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. regor16

the most awkward moment is haters stats will reach the unthinkable mark and then that obnoxious rebecca is really talented. they just cooked this to be so dumb and hilarious bcoz thats the the trend of the www now. hmmmmn just a stupid analysis thogh

July 20, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  17. regor16

god bliss.... social network vs labeled co..., hope it's not conspiracy but guess....

July 20, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Adele

Her singing is not near as wonderful as mine. I wonder if she would want to scissor with me...

July 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Chucklehead

She still can't sing but she definitely has one nice set of major league yaboos for a girl her age.

July 20, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • tammy

She is pretty...I would love to drop my drawers and squeeze out a few LoggerHeads from my butt for her to enjoy.

July 20, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Not Good At All

It sounds like they put a very bad song on top of some very bad and cheesy club music.

July 20, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  21. sas

at least they got previous SYTYCD dancers to be in the video who do have real talent. she is a better dancer than singer that's for sure

July 20, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  22. jdog

mediocrity, banality, the new height of success, from politics, to business to entertainment, mediocrity is the highest standard available.......anyone seen Idiocracy? We're not far off

July 20, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  23. Elka

I haven't listened to it, but I assume it's probably at least more varied than Selena Gomez's music. I was really hoping she would be talented, but Selena just sounds bland and boring! Sad face.

July 20, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  24. Mr Potato Head fell outa my butthole

Team up this girl with Will Smiths talentless little buttSquirt and make it twice as awful.

July 20, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. Riding your mothers doookie-hole

If ever Im constipated then listening to this song will open the floodgates of poo poo.

July 20, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  26. Tank

Ppl she`s a 14 yr old kid. I understand the song isnt great but damn!! No need to be mean and pick on a child. Esp if your an adult.

July 20, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  27. Monkey

Just because your family has the money to have a song or two produced and videos made doesn't make a person talented. These little "masterpieces" should be viewed by her family only.

July 20, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  28. Haters Ball

bad lyrics, flat voice, relies on a scene of people that can dance to assume she can and then cuts to a scenes of her achwardness that no way translate to cute. Happy for her if shes making money and pursuing her "career" but theres a reason for Fridays success.. it was a joke. This song is so ego driven that its a joke that she thinks so highly of her "moment" when shes the most made fun of "artist". Can't wait for weird Als parody called "my movement".

July 20, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  29. John

She's no worse than any of the young Disney or Nick singers. That's where she belongs at her age. It's not stellar, but it's not horrible either.

July 20, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  30. David C

If I had wanted to throw up this morning, I would have drank more last night.

July 20, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  31. ShingoEX

"It's catchy"...yeah, so is herpes.

The problem is it's the same one-dimensional fluff that really has no meaning behind it. Her voice is still auto-tuned and engineered all to hell, and this does nothing to legitimize herself as an artist. The sad part is she doesn't realize this, and record companies (as well as the dimwit public) are eating it up.

July 20, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  32. jamal

I think she might be a doodooo eater. A mookiestink muncher.

July 20, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  33. Butterbean

yes, there are worse singers out there: kei$ha, lady gaga, katy perry, just to name a few. auto-tune should be illegal. their music has no soul, no heart. crap is just crap. wake up, morons!

July 20, 2011 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
    • JFreely

Lady GaGa is a true musician and has an amazing singing voice - check out her Monster Ball Concert or any live stuff on YouTube. She could even do Broadway musicals with that voice.

July 21, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Josie

Or she wants to give JB a BJ

July 20, 2011 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  35. >.>

I think she is just an attention hore... and/or... she wants JB.

July 20, 2011 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  36. No Artist

Why is CNN forcing this idiot girl to be a celebrity ? She's nothing, not an artist, can't do anything ! don't waste your time people, I know I just did !

July 20, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  37. Gemsc

While the lyrics clearly address someone who tried to rein in her enthusiasm for accomplishing her dream it fell short due to her choice of avenues to rub it in their face. I don't regret the time it took to listen, but once is enough.

July 20, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  38. ME

AWESOME SONG!!!

July 20, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  39. lovely

leave the poor girl alone. There are worse singers out there.

July 20, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Kait

Right, except they don't have recording contracts and they get famous from YouTube and don't pay or get paid to suck at singing and rightfully be judged by the public. She made that decision and she will learn money cannot buy happiness.

July 20, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  40. Boodle

I was hoping that this would be a good song but it really wasn't in the grand scheme of things. It's ok enough. Not horrible, but not great either. If this was put out by an already established musician it'd be a B side song, something that was good enough to pass through the final edits, but not something that you'd put out as the first song to hit the airwaves. It's just not strong enough to really stand out, not like Friday did.

Simply put, this is just mediocre. I'm not saying Rebecca can or can't sing. Just that this wasn't really all that great of a song to attempt to launch her career on. Her previous fame was driven by the "haters" on youtube and the sympathy/goodwill of people who largely felt sorry for her for the remarks made for her. She's done nothing in this video to show she's worthy of anything more than a pity download.

July 20, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  41. Stevereeno

She's 14 and having fun! Leave it alone. Loads of crap fly through the airwaves.

July 20, 2011 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  42. dave

I just watched it and now have the taste of vomit in my mouth.

July 20, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  43. Alma

The difference between me and Rebecca Black is, I'm NOT trying to sing, 'cause I know I'd fail miserably. She needs SOMEONE in her life to give her a dose of reality...she's AWFUL.

July 20, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  44. N0T All dr3ams C0m3 Tru3

I think this new song is showing that she's slowly learning the kind of music the public wants to hear and how to control her vocals tones and lyrics of a song. it a sign of her coming up. We all have to start some where and who's to say that this young lady cant make her dreams come true. All it really takes is people that support you and can be honest to help with her flaws. to her mother especially if you see a flaw in how she sings point it out and help her make herself better...And i respect that your also keeping her in school instead of having her lead her life with in one dream without a back up plan. Sorry world not everyone can have that perfect electronically developed voice, Some people like being real with themselves and the world so let her try what she needs and make her mistakes in life.

July 20, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  45. charlie crack

D@mn she can sing! I'm puttin' this on my ipod for workin' out....ha haaaa lol (kidding)

July 20, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  46. Really?????

Ok, I am all for the "if it first it dont scucced thing, but REALLY?,

July 20, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  47. Xavier Le Pop Star

She's 14. Give her a break. I think my music video is more entertaining though. Check it OUT!
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9dHiD_X2Wk&w=640&h=390]

July 19, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  48. GuestColin

She's a cute girl and her voice isn't horrible. That said, this songs blows monkey chunks. Try again and stop being so contrived.

July 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  49. @Bill brasky

Who the h3ll is Chris Benoit ?

July 19, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Bill brasky

@ Rebecca Black's Mom Its never too late to abort you and your family. If Chris Benoit could do it, so can you.

July 19, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  51. DBC

Leave Britney alone. Oops, I meant leave Rachel alone.

July 19, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Niederklopfer

A little adult for a fourteen year old. Not bad though.

July 19, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Butterbean

a lot of you use too many words to say it. Crap will always be crap, but the stupid people buy it anyway. if you like it, then you are part of the problem. no taste.

July 19, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. CHristian

I just lost precious minutes off my life by watching that, ....omg fail on her mom and dad for pushing a no talent girl into thinking she actually has talent, meh either way, if that's her dream good on her for pursuing it, good luck.

July 19, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Harley

This song sucks as bad as her last one. Her smiling is quite creepy and her bangs smother her already ugly face. Go back to OCHSA and get a education… Oh wait, that school sucks. Go figure. Try another career sweetie, cuz you are pretty damn bad at this one

July 19, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  56. ...

no comment no comment no comment

July 19, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. mejazzbo

Sounds like a tween song. A lot of $$$ in that. Ask Kate and Ashley.

July 19, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Fancy Drew

It's the unwanted love-child of REALLY bad 90's Bubble Gum Pop & Autotune. In her defense, she's only 14; she nor anyone else should expect her to "blow up" and have a career overnight. But she needs to realize that while the Keshas and Britney Spears of the world are making money without having real talent (even though I'm a B. Spears fan myself), that they make that money because of the amazing producers they work with and the positive promotions they put out AND receive. Unfortunately after the quite poorly written "Friday," she's lost a huge portion of the already very slim chance at ever becoming famous.

July 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Please Dexter....

I know you only kill serial killers, but she just keeps murdering music.

July 19, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  60. nerp

Well, at least I have Fritos on my side.....

July 19, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Mayflower

Who knew someone could make Paris Hilton look like a legitimate recording artist? This is wretched on every possible level.

July 19, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Halo

I applaud this girl for having the confidence...I would go into hiding...

July 19, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Kev

In all honesty the song isn't bad better than her first. Though it is a reminder that you need little talent to get in the music industry apparently all you need are connections. I remember when actual gifted people were in the music business non of this auto tune crap. BTW we have to remember that she is infamous not famous because most of the people who know her hate her. I'm sure anyone will tell you that is not a great way to start a career especially if you purposely release a horrible song just so people will know your name. Teen girls these days all they want is fame and it is disappointing.

July 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jenerous

Kermit the Frog called...he wants his voice back!

July 19, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  65. leah

Not a fan of this song or her voice.

July 19, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Ellie8360

It is a clean, age-appropriate video. RB is really a beautiful young lady. The song is no different- better or worse- than anything that "Hanna Montana," JB or Selena G. has put out there. So, why are people still whining about her?? I really think it is group mentality. Some people thrive on negativity. I do agree, though, that there are better things for a 14 year old to do. Study music and writing, go to college, and become a Sara Barellies (without the potty mouth) or a Taylor Swift. Those ladies write their own stuff then perform....now that's awesome!

July 19, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Brooke

Thank you John – you found the word I was looking for – "presumptuous." That's it, exactly. For what she has(n't) accomplished, and how far she still has to go, vocally, and maturity wise, it's an awfully presumptuous song.

July 19, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Brooke

Honestly, it's less insipid than the first song, BUT, she's still horribly over filtered and produced. There is little left of her real voice. Her voice sounds years older than the first video, so unless she was trying to sound shrill and baby-like in the first song, I suspect this new mature vocal tone is mostly post-production studio magic, not Rebecca Black.

I think it's a little early in her musical career to be singing a song that makes so many claims. Partially because she's all of 14, and partially because she hasn't paid enough dues to be trying to make statements like this. She puts out one absolutely horrific song that is only known because of how bad the song, and her singing was, and suddenly she gets to make a "I'm proving everyone wrong" song? And one that relies heavily on people pretending to play instruments that aren't in the track, and heavily edited vocals? Sorry, it's just not going to fly.

So my verdict is less annoying than the last one, but she still has a LONG way to go, quite a bit of growing to do, both musically and maturity wise, and needs to lay WAY off the arrogance and the AutoTune. In all honestly, I think she needs to go get her education at Stanford, like Mama Black just mentioned, and wait a while for the musical career.

July 19, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • N0t All Dr3ams C0m3 Tru3

I think this new song is showing that she's slowly learning the kind of music the public wants to hear and how to control her vocals tones and lyrics of a song. it a sign of her coming up. We all have to start some where and who's to say that this young lady cant make her dreams come true. All it really takes is people that support you and can be honest to help with her flaws. to her mother especially if you see a flaw in how she sings point it out and help her make herself better...And i respect that your also keeping her in school instead of having her lead her life with in one dream without a back up plan. Sorry world not everyone can have that perfect electronically developed voice, Some people like being real with themselves and the world.

July 20, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  69. Clint

She should hide out like Casey Anthony. This song is almost as bad as child murder. Almost

July 19, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  70. anonymous

It's better than friday. it's actually pretty catchy and doesn't make my ears bleed.

July 19, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  71. John Doe

@Rebecca Black's Mom

In regards to Rebecca – I found Friday Hilarious (in a good way) as many people did. This new song however, simply put, seems to be bashing her fans (and haters) of the world by explaining how much of a star she is.

I dont doubt her smarts, however, her voice is still young and changing and not the greatest. It seems kinda presumptuous to sing a song about how wonderful you are. (Especially when she only has two songs out there).

I also dont doubt your "connections" to stanford. I wish popularity alone would have got me into stanford, but alas, the system we have today is not about how intelligent you are..but who you know.

For rebecca : I wish her the best of luck and not to lose herself simply in "who she knows". As for you as a parent, I just hope you dont push rebecca for your own personal and monetary gain.

Word of advice: Forget the harsh things the haters say.. but remember...it also was them that shot her to stardom.

Best wishes

July 19, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • RB Maybe

I agree and I actually think that the Friday song is no worse than anything done by Ke$ha. In both cases they seem to be about stardom with out work. In her latest song Ms. Black seems to think stardom and success is her birth right. She only put's for minimal effort in one dance sequence. She seems to want to be a star not a performer or singer. Like so many she doesn't seem will to do the work. The first video got her notoriety for good or for ill now it's up to her do something with it. However, going after "the haters" won't get her there. Rising above, getting some vocal lessons and developing her skill is what she needs to do. I don't understand all the hate thrown her way but I don't understand all the love thrown Ke$ha's. They're both part of the same system. If you put yourself out there you have to be willing to take what comes. Still I wish her the best.

August 23, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  72. STFU!

I think they're jealuos of each other.

July 19, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  73. z

She got her moment because her parents could afford it. Rich Brat!

July 19, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Tank

Love her music or hate it (which it seems most hate it) she has made a bigger name for herself off of one song than most ppl ever will. And if she hasnt already cashed in a little, im sure all of this attention will eventually lead to something that she will make bank on. So good for her!!

July 19, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Drector

I dont like it but i dont hate it either just let her do what she does she obviously got here some how so just let her be let her make her money and live her life all those people that hate her are just angry people and just dont know how to be happy

July 19, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miku

So true.
      There are those who will often be jealous and hating on others just because of their fame, their looks, and their successes. Honestly, I wouldn't say Rebecca isn't awful looking. She's really pretty in her own way. Her voice isn't the greatest, but it isn't that awful either. But throwing such hatred upon another person for simply drastic, illogical reasons that make no sense at all, when these people should be staring themselves at the mirror, and wondering if they are being hypocrites to themselves... that is what is bothersome.
      Families give children room to grow. People learn to improve.
      She did make a poor song choice on Friday. Many know that. Whether Rebecca really did learn from that mistake on her own, it's hard to say. But I do hope she makes much smarter song choices and keeps it that way.
      People ignore the media strongly because of the serious accusations and sometimes, the lacking sense of some of the public that attacks people without knowing who they actually are. Sometimes, people are given many chances to get it back altogether. I wouldn't mind giving Rebecca a second chance to make good music. Only time can tell.

July 20, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Miku

I mean... only if she can ever have the chance to make a really good song. The sooner, the greater. It'll be her saving light. It might be overthrown.

July 20, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Me

Not necessarily. Some of the people aren't haters but people who are actually looking at her work in a critical light. They're not trying to be mean or hurt her feelings. They're giving her the same treatment they would a song by Lady Gaga or any other singer out there. Not all criticism is bad, you know.

What has disappointed most people is that this song wasn't particuarly strong in either direction. It wasn't horribly bad or horribly good. It's basically the same thing you can hear at any high school glee club. It's just a tepid, tepid attempt at getting a better handhold in the business. Unless she gets another explosion of negative comments on the video, I doubt that this will give her what she's looking for.

July 20, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  76. Butterbean

the world has enough crap. no more please. we are over our quota.

July 19, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Please stop

Please just stop already. There are better things for 14 year-old girls to be doing than trying to make themselves famous. The song stinks just like the last one did.

July 19, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • G-d

Perv, I know what you think 14 year old girls should be doing.

July 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • PleaseStop

I was thinking that she'd just go off and have fun in school, hang out with her friends, and do random teenage shenanigans.

Sounds like we all know who the real perv is and it isn't me.

July 20, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
    • G-d

Fibber

July 20, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  78. john

Stay in school sweetie, cause your singing sucks. But if Lady Barf can make it in the Music Business ripping off Madonna, anyone can. Cause these days you do not even have to have a voice or be musically talented to get into the business.

July 19, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • sigh

Don't assume that – Lady Gaga is actually a very, very talented musician (just listen to her sing and play piano – she could've easily become famous off of that alone). I do believe that her Madonna-style songs don't totally represent that, though.

July 20, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Lady Gaga

It sounds like a rip-off of an old Madonna song........ Oh wait, that's what I do.

July 19, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Rebecca Black's mom

I love this song and you should too.

July 19, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

Keep your daughter in school. She has no music talent, she cant write a song worth a dam, and her voice is horrible.
      I see Taco Bell in her future.

July 19, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca Black's mom

@John,
      I don't think she will be working at Taco Bell, she get's straight A's in school and we have connection to easily get her into Stanford. She will likely follow her interests and become a doctor or a veterinarian, like her father and I. Btw, how's life going for you?

July 19, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harley

Your daughter sucks so badly that you have to go on websites and try to convince people to like her. If she was a great as you think, shouldn't her music do the talking by itself? Put your daughter in a real school, not OCHSA where she gets zero social life and a bad education. Our lives are going great compared to your daughter's. Cuz get this, people don't dislike us and want to throw our speakers at a wall when "Friday" comes on.

July 19, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christian

Good to know mom and dad's "connections" allow her to get into school.....makes those that work their ass off, who try to get there by exceptional talent and skills seem foolish...then again those straight A's is right up there with mom thinking she has talent..in other news, water is wet.

July 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Submansully

I was going to do a literal-version parody of this song for YouTube but she beat me to the punch.

July 19, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boodle

It's easy to say that you like it. Your daughter could fart in a tin can and you'd probably like it. That's what parents do, after all, support their kids. (Assuming that you're actually her mom and not someone posing as her.) This just isn't the song that's going to catapult Rebecca to legitimate stardom.

As for getting her into Stanford, that's all fine and well but make sure that you ensure that she actually works hard and appreciates that. She's taking the place of someone that would have gotten in on their own merit rather than because their parents knew someone. Rebecca might be smart, but there's a lot of smart people trying to get into a good school but can't because their parents didn't know the right people. She wouldn't really be getting in on her own merits, after all. It makes me feel bad for the people who don't have rich parents to buy their way into college.

July 20, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Matthew G

First of all, you all got trolled. LOL Do you actually think Rebecca Black's Mom would write on a CNN message board? Then write an inflammatory statement like "I love this song and you should too." Do you really lack the basic intelligence to see that?

Then I see you hating on a 14 year old girl. How low of a human being do you have to be to do that? Well, both answers are now quite apparent.

July 20, 2011 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca Black's dad

You tell 'em honey!!

July 20, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  81. Verdict

It sucks

July 19, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  82. portalpunk

This is and awesome song, I cant wait to hear more from her, she is so talented and will have a huge career.

All this typing is making my FIRSTY!!!

July 19, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • ty764

this chick sux bawls

July 20, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Dakota

I agree. This song was awesome and I too look forward to more from her.

July 20, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

this song is aweful.....it's cookcutter, weak....just aweful

July 20, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

I had to listen to Friday to hear what all the comments were about............omg THE WORST SONG I've ever heard........it's all autotune..............for weak voices, the video is hurrendous and her gal pals......omg ..... they seem so out of their element and obviously not video chicks.......totally lame

July 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |