Maya Rudolph welcomes a baby boy
July 19th, 2011

Maya Rudolph welcomes a baby boy

This summer's celebrity baby boom continues with "Bridesmaids" star Maya Rudolph, who welcomed a baby boy with director Paul Thomas Anderson on July 3, CNN confirmed.

The couple named their new arrival Jack, and he's "at home and doing great," Rudolph's rep said. Just as they did with Jack's older sisters Pearl, 5, and Lucille, 20 months, they opted to stay in the dark about their baby's sex.

Waiting until the delivery to find out is "kind of fun," Rudolph told David Letterman in 2009. "Because when you're ready to throw in the towel and you've got nothing positive to think about or feel because you're so heavy and you want to float in a pool of salt water to be buoyant, it was nice to have something to look forward to."

If you're looking forward to more Rudolph, her new NBC show "Up All Night," also starring Christina Applegate and Will Arnett, premieres on the network on September 14.

Filed under: Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. Esse dot Kom

is right here....have a good day....

March 18, 2013 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. Rhea got the foney blues...its right on the weekly.

have a good day...

March 18, 2013 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. who's Eric LR?

March 18, 2013 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. aboppyVoneymn

The sales lady at Verizon was kind enough to take her BB outside into sunshine; guess what. YOU CAN READ THE SCREEN IN BRIGHT SUNLIGHT! AMAZING IDEA! All other functions have just been icing on the cake.

mazos magic bloque innistrad

Severe cases of diarrhea, if it persists more than 24 hours, if there is any blood and if accompanied with vomiting, immediate veterinary care is needed to prevent your dog from dehydration. If there is blood in his vomitus or stool, if he has fever and if it persists for more than one to two days, it could be sign of infection or other diseases.

magic the gathering block icons

The results returned positive. At this time I met a girl that had strongly suffered some of my symptoms I had been suffering.

magic block release dates

March 18, 2013 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. T

Thank heavens for a normal name and I LOL at the comments from "ERIC Lr" bit about "Maybe Maya got a good look at the resentment in Gwyneth's kid's eyes."

July 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. wmmo

I know, the same people who do not like "weird" names or names that actually have some thought/personal meaning to them are the same ones who name their kids after Twilight characters and their truck. Celebrities can get away with "different" names than the average joe? Really. Because the average joe teach their kids to be shallow and close minded, and bully kids who are "different". I won't assimilate just to please intolerant people who "love" Bob Marley and who'll grow up to eat til they drop in Carnival cruiseships like their parents, with their annoyingly (Bella) trite (Chevy Silverado) names? Pass.

July 22, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. palintwit

Here's some baby name suggestions from Sarah Palin: Thimble, Spatula, Trig, Checkvalve, Mudflap, Fargo, Bristol, Pinworm, Dooshnozzle, Poopscoop.

July 20, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  8. Like we care

That has got to be one ugly freckle-covered baby.

July 20, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. re

Wow..how refreshing.

July 20, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. Tobin

Upgrayedd

July 20, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. Fisting your brother

I bet lil Jack can already open a can of soup with his huge nose.

July 20, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. lillian

Pearl is a common Southern name for girls. Like the name Marie,it is used as a middle name.

July 20, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  13. grace

Finally a normal name. I swear people don't think about the child carrying that name around forever. A name that might sound cute on a baby, might not sound so cute at 30. Granted celebrities can get away with "different" names better than the average joe, but not every child born to a celebrity will be a celebrity too! Leave the trendy names for your pets.

July 20, 2011 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  14. Lisa

Cute, but I like the weird names

July 20, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. Lobster fstbingdcot

Dumb story

July 20, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  16. mel

i think the whole story is silly cause they are praising them for picking a normal name for there child jack . yet in the same sentence there first born was named pearl how many pearls do you know?

July 20, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Heather

Pearl is a classic name that fell out of style but is coming back along with Ruby and Opal.

July 20, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Shawn

Actually I know several Pearls, including a Great Aunt in her 90's and a close friend of my daughter who is in her 20's. It's a perfectly normal name.

July 20, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  17. Rebecca

Whats lame is ppl thinking maya is going to actually read the congrats posted here! whats even worse ppl thinkin katie perry is awesome. She lost the cool factor as soon as the radio stopped playing her first hit song and decided that whipped cream shooting out of her ta-tas had to do with california girls!

July 20, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  18. bronzezeus

Congrats to them....one day ill have my little one....see you in the future baby :)

July 20, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  19. charlie crack

Congrats maya....very hilarious lady.

July 20, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  20. TF

Too bad she doesn't know "Jack" is actually a nickname for "John". Still, it's better than naming him Apple, Dweezil or Moon Unit.

July 20, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  21. charlie crack

I'd drink katy perry's bath water....gorgeous! And i'd do it "while I was working"

July 20, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  22. charlie crack

I'd dribk katy perry's bath water....gorgeous! And i'd do it "while I was working"

July 20, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  23. ThatJen

@fernace: SHUT UP! Gwyneth and Katy suck ass,.

July 20, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

And you have absolutely NO class! Problem with lack of vocabulary, as well?

July 21, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  24. fernace

@ Bill brasky, you did say something mean...about Gwyneth & Katy, who many people admire. It's great we can all have our own opinions, don't you think!? Seems to me you're a kinda C-leb D rider yourself, you're posting on this blog!!

July 19, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • CamNYC

Agreed. Talent, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so to each their own. I love Maya's work, and like Katy and Gwyneth well enough. All of them have accomplished a lot.

July 20, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  25. fernace

Congrats to Maya & the family. Babies are so much fun! And ,yes Mayas mama was the illustrious Minnie Riperton of the high note fame(also an idol of Mariah Careys). She sang the song "Loving You (Is Easy Cause You're Beautiful)" & in it she pays homage to baby Maya by singing her name! Her dad is music producer Richard Rudolph! Minnie sadly died of breast cancer at the pinnacle of her career! This is a happy event, I wish them all lots of love & joy with little Jack!!

July 19, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bill brasky

I have nothing mean to say. she's actually talented compared to the other hollowed out excuses for women such as Gwenyth Paltrow and Katy Perry. *shrug* you celebrity D riders should be hung and beaten with a slack of hose, however.... :)

July 19, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bill brasky

I have nothing mean to say. she's actually talented compared to the other hollowe out excuses for women such as Gwenyth Paltrow and Katy Perry. *shrug* you celebrity D riders should be hung and beaten with a slack of hose, however.... :)

July 19, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Butterbean

sigh. (rolling eyes) more idiot bloggers who think their opinion matters.

July 19, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. nerp

I am very happy for me, I rule, in my sad little mind.

July 19, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  30. chuck

She'll always be jacks daddy.

God bless them and their family.

July 19, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rebecca

Thank god! A celebrity who knew they were naming a child and picking out name for a new puppy!

July 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sugoi

A normal name? Le gasp!

July 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. humberto

He'll probably be obediant with two older sisters .

July 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Janie

I just found out that she is Minne Rippleton's daughter.

July 19, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Close but not quite

* Riperton. Minnie Riperton.

July 19, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • stymie

Who is her mother? Someone famous?

July 19, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • craigsf5

I have the Midnght Special DVD set and Minnie Ripperton ad-libbed, "Maya Maya Maya Maya" in the middle of "Loving You." It was so cool...gave me chills knowing it must've been cool for Maya who would've been a small child...but sad knowing she probably died shortly after.

July 19, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  35. alecia

Congratulations to all! I hope their children are given every chance in the world they can afford to give them!

July 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jimmy Durante

That kids gonna have a huge schnozz.

July 19, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Snarky

Hey, a normal name for a celebrity baby? I'm impressed. Props to maya for not jumping on the stupid baby name train.

July 19, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hollywood Reporter

Why they not make good parents.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UumsHBz0YU&w=640&h=390]

July 20, 2011 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
    • mobrule

you don't like apple? I named my son garlic and my daughter bacardi...

July 20, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • FatSean

LOL@internet fatties talking about "normal" names.

July 20, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Elliott

That's funny. We were just talking about naming our kids cruzan and parrot bay lol. All because I knew a girl named tequila in high school. Really?!

July 20, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

The irony is the Maya Rudolph grew up with Gwyneth Paltrow as one of her best friends. And Paltrow is one of the most notorious offenders in the "weird name for my baby" fad. Maybe Maya got a good look at the resentment in Gwyneth's kid's eyes.

July 20, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

They already did the pathetic names with "Pearl" and "Lucille". Wow.......

July 21, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |