'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Should J.Lo stay single?
July 18th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Should J.Lo stay single?

A lot of people are shocked that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are splitting up. So as J.Lo’s career continues to soar with her album release and her judging duties on “American Idol,” we are asking tonight: Should J.Lo stay single?

Lopez is no stranger to high profile relationships, and had two marriages before tying the knot with Anthony in 2004. Her first marriage in 1997 was to Ojani Noa, who we know more recently as the ex who tried to release an alleged sex tape of Lopez. Following that marriage, Jennifer had a romance with Sean “Diddy” Combs that we can’t forget – remember that infamous green, low-cut dress and the New York nightclub gun frenzy?

Next, J.Lo married her former back-up dancer Cris Judd, who she met while filming her music video for “Love Don’t Cost a Thing.”

When that marriage ended, Lopez followed it up with another high profile relationship and engagement to Ben Affleck, which led to the reign of “Bennifer” and the disaster that was “Gigli.” Briefly following her break-up with Affleck, J.Lo married Marc Anthony on June 5, 2004, four days after Anthony’s divorce from his previous wife, Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, was finalized.

Now as J.Lo and Anthony have announced this “difficult decision” and come to an “amicable conclusion on all matters,” we’re asking if Lopez should stay single post-breakup.

I think J.Lo’s career is at an all-time high right now and she should continue to focus on that. She’s gained back many fans through “American Idol,” she’s collaborating with top artists like Pitbull and Lil Wayne on hit songs and she’s still continuing her reality show “Q’Viva,” with her soon-to-be ex.

Do you think J.Lo should stay single or do you have an idea of someone she should date next? Let us know what you think below. Be sure to watch our big debate on this today on "Showbiz Tonight," exclusively at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. itsallgoodnroanokeI think

Money, that is all it is. She Won't take NO S*&t. You see, We broke people will hang in there and work things out. With money, why should I? Now, That I have a little change, I don't take No Sh*^ either anymore. I say, oh well, Don't Touch this, No, Won't take this!

August 9, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. carlito's way

I wonder why celebrity marriages never last? However, there are always exceptions to the rule. Maybe Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey will stay together.

July 19, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. lala

shes an idiot and its a shame.

July 19, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Anne McNeff

J.Lo is only interested in J.Lo......She made one movie "Selena" and she thinks she is a star....She is self-promoted all the time, she single handedly ruined Ben Affleck career. She is everywhere, ads of her are all over, even including her twins,,,she is greedy, talentless;;she married Marc Anthony so quickly, on the rebound from Ben...She makes me sick.

July 19, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • maria

Kudos to you,you said it all! that is the J.Lo we know ......just ghetto ......

July 19, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. keisha

Who give a sh**!!

July 19, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. lacpeb

Seriously?! What makes you think we have a vote?! This entire discussion is invasive and inappropriate. Jennifer needs to decide what's right for Jennifer without any pressure, input or influence from scores of people who don't even know her and couldn't possibly even comprehend her life.

July 19, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • maria

Did you know she is a homewrecker? she starting the affair with Marc when she still married to Dayanara Torres after just couple of weeks she was dump by Ben Afleck? ,,JLo is very impulsive person her mother s say in a interview......who cares if she marry or not marry someone?

July 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jeniferforrest

Of course J Lo's people would deny an affair but the girl loves to make unattainable guys fall for her. Ben Affleck made the best decision of his life by kicking her to the curb. I can't wait til all her bad karma hits her. Jennifer has so many things to pay for http://bit.ly/n2duYu

July 19, 2011 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. ash

how many more men did she have to taste before she call it quit. may be i am nest on the line hallo.

July 19, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. erich2112x

#1 in the world as far as beauty.

July 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. fernace

Yes, the American public should decide 1ce & for all what Jennifer Lopez should do with her life! Lol! In fact lets extend that to all stars, c-lebutants, politicians & people in the public eye! We get to choose how they should address any & all issues that may arise. Oh, & we should get paid, also, as "consultants"! I'll sign right now, in blood, where's the dotted line?? :)

July 18, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jen

Jenny should date my brother,he is great looking,athletic,smart,has a good business and loves kids.Come on MissJ. Give a regular hard working guy a chance.

July 18, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maria

Regulars? who is her ? a Diva ? she married a waiter ,she married a back up dancer ,what makes her so special ? and her can't get together and Pdiddy? ohhh please /........they belong together really!but Marc and her they were a odd couple for sure!I would not like my brother to marry her not in his dreams!

July 19, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. art vandolaye

I think she should go lezzbo for awhile. -Art

July 18, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kekiah

I think she and Brad Pitt should hook up much prettier than that thing he is with now . whats her name?

July 18, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • sharong62

You mean the very pretty and talented Jennifer Gardner? Grented she's not beautiful like JLo but I think she and Ben are perfect for each other! Both are kind of private, reserved type people. I never thought JLo and Ben would make it because she loved publicity, he shunned it. Even the media picked up on that. Besides "Selena" she was also good in "Enough" and "Gigli", which I thought was a cute movie but not Oscar material. Her acting was good in it tho, even if the movie was weak. Actually, I thought the little handicapped kid stole the show!

July 19, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Peace

She is a beautiful woman, but I have to say, I agree w/Snarky.

July 18, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Snarky

I don't care if she stays single, but can she possibly stay the hell out of the acting/music business? She has ZERO talent in either.

July 18, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • sharong62

I disagree! I think she's a very good actress and has been underrated because of the movies she has been in. If she ever got an "oscar material" type role, I think she would floor people! As for her singing, she's no Mariah Carey but she ain't half bad, I would say 'above average". I would rather listen to JLo than Lady Gaga, who has just a mediocre voice and has to rely on shocking costumes and media to sell her music! I honestly think JLo is a better dancer than she is a singer. I also think, if and when she has another relationship, she should go with the guy for a long time before commiting. She seems to rush into marriages to fast.

July 19, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • LIZ

I AGREE.

July 19, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Maria

Why people is shock that J.LO is single again? she born to be FREE ,ahe had many men in her life married different times , ,and he had been married twice too ,what is the big deal ? are they the only ones who ever divorce? Who cares ,she sleeps around like crazy anyway! he did too, he has many kids with another women so nothing is new about them.She is very impulsive ,she said in a interview ,remember she was fresh from Ben Afleck split when he dish her,and he still married to Dayanara Torres so they are funny both of them!he is famous in his Hispanic music and she is with her rap music .....since the beggining it was a odd duo anyway !

July 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • mominABQ

Yes Yes her "RAP" music is a big seller!! You have no idea what you are talking about do you? If she raps then i am a CEO in a fortune 500 company. LMFAO!!

July 19, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  17. Stay single

Live up to that name, J.Ho.

July 18, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sandra miller

stay single!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jillmarie

Yes, she should date. I'm curious as to who- her exes are so diverse it's tough to figure out who she'll be into next! She's on top of her game career-wise, and has never looked better. Cue the tabloids and swirling rumors of her romantic life. She'll be in the spotlight now more than ever, I predict. Also, she should continue to make rom-coms. I enjoy them, even if they're not award winning films.

July 18, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. timmie

No Way. She should immediatly get married to me and be my sugar mama. I am super good with kids. We can play hot wheels and xbox while she is working. Id be a great dad !

July 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lola

Glow? try oily skin.

July 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. [lol]

She shouldn't get married. Or, from the guy's perspective, if he's with her, he shouldn't expect anything long-term...

July 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. WLM

She should just focus on her children..... But if she has to date anyone, I can see her with someone less high profile. Her problem is picking all these high profile men... Its got to be someone in the business but maybe not so big.... I wish her luck!

July 18, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. duh

Who cares? It's her business!

July 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |