'Ice Loves Coco,' and her family too
July 18th, 2011

'Ice Loves Coco,' and her family too

"Ice Loves Coco" was reminiscent of "Keeping up with the Kardashians" on Sunday. Let's see: Family squabbles mixed with family bonding and lots of cuteness? Check, check and check.

This episode was all about Ice-T and his bodacious wife, Coco, leaving their penthouse in Jersey to vacation at Coco's house in Scottsdale, Arizona. Yes, I said Coco's house; Ice-T was quick to let viewers know who rules his roost.

"This is Coco's house. She bought it. Lock, Stock and barrel and we named it Coco's cabana," he said. "It's really just a pool house in the middle of the desert." So there you have it....it's Coco's cold hard cash that paid for this one apparently.

Besides nice views of  "Coco's cabana," we also got to meet Coco's sister Kristy, her brother-in-law, her mother, her father and all her nieces and nephews. (You should know that Coco's mother and father are divorced and this creates tension for Coco, since her parents don't really get along.)

While in Arizona, Coco reaches out to her childhood friend, Kyle, to help her throw a baby shower for her pregnant sister who already has three kids. She invites a few of her sister Kristy's friends to the baby shower along with her mother.

The party starts off  pretty boring at Coco's mother's house with the ladies standing around and basically staring at one another. Coco is worried that the party is a big dud...until Coco's longtime friend Kyle shows up dressed in drag along with a Mariachi band. And then THAT IS WHEN THE PARTY STARTED.

The women begin taking shots from miniature baby bottles (It was Kyle's suggestion that the party have miniature baby bottles laced with alcoholic beverages). After the attendees had a few drinks, they watched a performance by Kyle and Coco. It was the same dance they did when they were kids according to them. The dance was very funny and very Coco, which means it has some risque dance moves! In the end, the shower turned out to be "a success" according to Coco. A few drinks, a Mariachi band and some slick dance moves will do that.

But that wasn't all the shower had to offer. Towards the end, Ice-T, Coco's brother-in-law (Derrick) and her father decided to come to the house to enjoy some of the festivities that the ladies were enjoying. The minute the three men walked into the kitchen of the house there was silence.

Even Coco said: "I cannot believe my dad is here. I mean this can turn out to be bad. Really bad....I haven't seen my mom and my dad in the same room for years. So to me it's completely weird." Within the first few minutes Coco's mother walks over to her ex-husband and says "You look scary!" to which he replied "You look scary."

And then the ice was broken and the two actually began to have a civilized and flirty conversation which led to the shocker of the night: Coco's father riding away on his motorcycle with Coco's mother on the back of it.

As Ice-T and Coco pack up to head back to Jersey, Ice can't help but to ask Coco to explain what happened with her parents at that baby shower. Coco can't even find the words to explain it herself. But she says she will remember it for the rest of her life.

What did you think of Coco's family?

1. i have friends in that town...my f worked there for 15 years.

not a problem if need be...thanks

April 8, 2013 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. adinalee111

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you continue your great job, have a nice day!

Thanks,

April 8, 2013 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  3. msb

I love this show. who is Coco's dad he looks familar?

July 24, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. laurie p

Whoever the person is that made all the nasty comments about white women and their lack of hygiene is RACIST. If he wants a women who is a lot younger than him and white – it's not something I agree with. But to insult all white women, YOU are nasty! Get some counseling to deal with your prejudices!

July 23, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. carol novak

I love this show........I think they are "REAL" and I think they may become more popular than the Kardashians! I love Sparty too....... they love their dog and it shows........that means they are GOOD people!!!!!!!!!

July 23, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tamayha

It just a pity when Black men who are rich and famous, has to go out of their way to be with a woman of another culture, race, eat it all up and then they come back, when they are beaten up, literally, mentally, emotionally,& financially. Besides, white wither away in a short few years, they may look ok when they are young but after that they all become wrinkled, old, and scaby looking. I like ICE-T a lot, but just disappointed, that he chose that, any way we will see what happens, nothing last forever.There are many professional beautiful Sisters out there, including me LOL!! I am professional in the HealthCare Industry, and let me tell you something, most white women, I do not care who they are, are not on cue with their body hygiene so I do not know how a man can even go there.Most of the time they smell like an old wet dog, or shoe. LOL!!

July 22, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Glendadan

I think Ice T & Coco compliment each other, they bring the best out. They seem to fit into each others world. Love him in L&O. I hope they have a lasting marriage.

July 20, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. paige

Love Love Love Coco and Ice t

July 20, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Emmaline

I agree; this is only one of my guilty pleasures. Ice and Coco seem like two nice people who are very much in love and ultimately, what is NOT to like about that? I watch it every week and I enjoy it every week. They aren't insulting each other or demeaning each other like most of the reality shows. They seem to have a healthy relationship and I for one find that refreshing in reality TV. I hope it gets renewed for another season because I enjoy peeking into their fairly normal (for stars) life together! God bless them both.

July 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. itsallgoodnroanoke

Oh Well! I like ICE in LAW & ORDER! This is his show and the acting is wonderful.......

July 19, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jeff

Whats Ice going to do in about 20 years and she is 60 and he has to carry her "Bags" around in a shopping cart? Oh I guess they will just make her a 36 then verses being a 48.

July 19, 2011 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  12. @Anonymous

You'd better stack up on toilet tissue. Two ply!

July 18, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Anonymous

It's idiots like these that have turned TV into trash. This isn't entertainment, it's for me to wipe my butt with.

July 18, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. The Måd Råp3r

@ Nicole,
    Chillax comrade putin, these blogs are sacred bastions of free speech and as such everyones free to speak their mind. They'd be boring if everyone said they liked the shows.

July 18, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Nicole

I do not watch any other "reality" show but this show is my guilty pleasure. I really like these people. She may be tacky but she appears to be really nice and genuine and Ice-T seems like a really normal guy. Unlike the other three people making nasty comments on this subject. If you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut.

July 18, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Krista

I agree! This show is my guilty pleasure. Maybe it is scripted and fake, but it gives me a half hour of entertainment.

July 18, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jen

that wasn't even Coco;s house, they have a modest house in Chandler not Scottsdale. This show is so staged and FAKE! BS!

July 18, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. dvus4ever

waste of tv time

July 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ian

Just another pile of ghetto dogManure.

July 18, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |