B.D. Wong leaving 'Law & Order: SVU'
July 18th, 2011

B.D. Wong leaving 'Law & Order: SVU'

Scratch another name from the "Law & Order: SVU" cast list.

Actor B.D. Wong tweeted over the weekend that he will be leaving his longstanding role as Dr. George Huang on the NBC drama.

"I actually do not return for season 13 of @nbcsvu #SVU! i am jumping to @nbcAwake #Awake!," Wong tweeted. "It's awesome!"

Wong won't be traveling too far in professions  with his role. Like the character of Dr. Huang, Wong plays a psychiatrist on  "Awake," a new NBC drama slated for mid-season.

As for whether his character will get a send-off, Wong tweeted "dont know if or when i'll be back! It was amazing to have such a cool job for 11 years and to be a real NY Actor."

Wong is the latest to announce he's leaving "SVU." As we previously reported, Christopher Meloni is ending his 12-year run as Det. Elliot Stabler on the show while co-star Mariska Hargitay will reportedly remain on the cop drama in a lesser capacity following her recent adoption of a child.

1. tienda regalos divertidos

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a weblog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I had been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered brilliant clear concept

September 10, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. guru product blueprints bonus

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I were a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided brilliant transparent idea

July 2, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. chloride

Eben pagan has released his new course guru blueprint and in this guru masterclass he teaches all that he has learn in his marketing career.
    Check this website to know more about Eben pagan guru Master class..]Eben pagan guru blueprint
    If you want to know more about the course you can follow the video on youtube about the guru blueprint..
    Eben pagan guru blueprint
    Eben pagan guru blueprint
    Eben pagan guru blueprint

you can go here to find out more about the guru masterclass.. Eben pagan guru blueprint

You can learn much more about marketing by just listening to this guy talk. he is such an amazing personality. See as eben pagan releases his master class..
    guru blueprint..

August 28, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ???

How does @Josie and 'one'word' have psoting times of 2:43 & 2:47 when it is 1:24 US EST?

July 21, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. David Caruso

Ahem..did no one see what happened to me when I left my hit show to be a big screen actor.It took a decade to get work.

July 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Asain/Italian

People calm down about the jokes. My wife is Laotion at we make both Italian and Asian jokes all the time (see a cat..DINNER!). Comics can do it (Mencia and many others) but the common person. Ahhh, freedom of speech. As much as he's fallen off Mencia said it best...white people have the worst end it. You can wear an Asian Pide T-Shirt; a Black Pride T-Shirt; a Mexican Pride T-Shirt...but trying wearing a White-Pride Tshirt to work and see how long your there. An no I'm no a Supremacist.

July 21, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Asain

Yes trolls I see the typo..no disrespect meant on what should have said Asain-Pride

July 21, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Diana

Leaving? He was he was hardly ever on the show.

July 20, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. skeian

Joanna, my best friend, is announcing her wedding with a multi-millionaire young man Ronald, who is the CEO of a MNC.What's more interesting? The pair met at a high class millionaire dating club -www.H O t t I E o n LY.CoM-, which is noted for the high quality of its members and its friendly atmosphere. However, you don't have to be rich to join them, as you will be able to meet someone rich. Enjoy it!

July 19, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. waiegn

July 19, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mark

He would be good on Criminal Minds

July 19, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  11. Josie

I agree with charlie and TC. I play around but i would never stoop that low.

July 19, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. charlie crack

@ TC@46902- I agree. Very well said. People w/ special needs have much more love in their hearts and have the best personalities. Plz don't feed into the hate. (I did vocational job coaching before nursing school that's the only reason I commented). Both you and your sis keep your chin up, you're better than the hate already....

July 19, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  13. swamp thing

pathetic losers, all of you. is that the best you can do? your mama must be so proud.

July 19, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. @Swamp thing

Make sure your on time so you can flip the burgers.

July 19, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  15. Robert

@Swampthing you better get to bed, so you can wake up early to beat the other ho's to the good corner.

July 19, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  16. swamp thing

what a bunch of pathetic losers. better get to bed, you gotta get up early so you can mop the floor at McDonald's!

July 18, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Josie

Don't blow steam at me because all you have is a little knob to f¥ck with.

July 18, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Brooke

Good! Howard Weinstein needs to get back to work for Franc!

July 18, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. timmie

Chineese and Asian people are the best. Smart, funny, and their ladies are gorgeous.

July 18, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  20. art vandolaye

The gay little chineese shrink is leaving? I like him, too bad. -Art

July 18, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Josh Noloc

It was sure fun while it lasted...

July 18, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Rita

I love SVU but the show won't be the same w/o Elliott (Meloni) or with Olivia (Hargitay) with few appearances. I agree with previous comment about Jennifer Love Hewitt. She can't act and all she's going to do is walk around and show off her body.

July 18, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Nadine

I like the trolls sometimes they can be really funny, @Retired Troll you name should be trolling the trolls because thats all your doing. If you dont like what trolls say dont read the comments or pull the stick out your @ss.

July 18, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Nadine

Shhh, no one cares about your opinion, go stock up on Midol or something, PRONTO!

July 21, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Latrice Patterson

Yall arguing on a blog lol An to the people who commented on jasies lame comment. she actually made a good point. GET OVER IT! You helpped her achieve what she wanted: Attention.

July 18, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Josie

Oh, sorry if your asian but get over it!

July 18, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Karen

To: @karen you just accused me of "commenting on people who commented hours ago" yet you just did the same thing... Just sayin.

July 18, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOL Karen

According to the timestamp of your comment and the guy's response... no they were 5 minutes apart...

Someone needs to go back to school and learn MATH!!!

July 21, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Josie

You know they have pills for people with "small problems" and anger issues.

July 18, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  28. SAE

WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I swear if Jennifer Love Hewitt becomes a regular I will lose all respect for this show and franchise!

July 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Karen

@Josie Must be lacking in a certain area since he got offended by the Bitty Dong remark.

July 18, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Karen

You must be Josie. Furthermore, you must be lacking in the brain area since you decided to come back and comment to people who have commented hours ago... just sayin.

July 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Retired Troll

"Karen" = "Josie"

Karen must be lacking in the "Job" and "life" area.

July 18, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. The Måd Råp3r

Beady Wong sounds like a deviant sëx act.

"Oh man, she was super-p¡ssed when I gave her a Brady Wong."

July 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Marie

I hate when actors leave top rated shows because they want to explore other avenues. 9 out of 10 times they never have that kind of success again. They should never look a gift horse in the mouth. All of these people are leaving and yet they cancelled Criminal Intent after all of the fans begged to leave it on. Stupidity at its best!!!

July 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  32. steve

He doesn't look asian, looks more like Down's Syndrome.

July 18, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • TC@46902

He is Asian, and don't make fun of Down Syndrome. My sister has Down, and has much more common sense than most of the posters I have read here. She has the decency not to make fun of others, which is a lesson you seem to have failed. Careful where you tread!

July 19, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  33. hop sing

woh no biree reave shrow din no good agrain eber so now rill crose china man supra dupra grand new buffret. B D make wong desizzrun

July 18, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  34. alecia

Maybe SVU is bowing out while they are still ahead. 11 and 12 years on 1 show is a long time.

July 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  35. boocat

This show is so over.....I'd rather watch CI with Vincent D'Onofrio.

July 18, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Ling Chu

Bery Bery funny jokes. Bery funny. I laff. Wong and wight jokes make everyone laff. Us chinee people have bery gud sense of humor.

July 18, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Russ

Why did he take a picture with his eyes closed?

July 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  38. @ Ling Chu

No matter how you say it, a bad joke is a bad joke.

July 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Ling Chu

It just not wight that wong is leaving. Not wight. He shud stay on show.

July 18, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ?

Ok

July 18, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Ling Chu

2 wongs dont make a wight

July 18, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Ling Chu

No fair. We need more good asians on tv. I hope they have great success in the future though.

July 18, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Stephen

Cancel all the law and orders expect this (my favorite), I was kind of ok with that. But seeing how people are leaving, I am starting to wonder if this will be back after the season coming up. Because all signs are pointing to no. Screw you NBC, for after this season getting rid of law and order. It was one of my favorite series.

July 18, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Sofía

I don't get it...if I had a stable job in *ANY* industry, I would never leave!

July 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. I Hate

I HATE ALL OF HUMANITY!!

July 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. @ Josie

Just because you enter a female alias does not make you one... sorry but your fantasy to be a woman is over... your charade has been uncovered... and what better timing than to find out through your comment about the actor's name rather than the story.

SVU is definitely looking like it's on its way out... with these kinda changes it makes you wonder who is actually going to fill their shoes?

July 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |