AMC offers first look at 'Walking Dead' season 2
July 18th, 2011

AMC offers first look at 'Walking Dead' season 2

It looks like Rick Grimes doesn't have a whole lot with which to defend himself in "The Walking Dead" footage that aired during Sunday night's season premiere of "Breaking Bad."

Rick is forced to fight off zombies with some rocks in this first scene from season 2, which returns in October. Last we saw of the survivors, they had left the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, as it exploded. Every indication we have seen about the filming of the show in recent months points to a retreat to the woods.

Attendees to San Diego Comic-Con are sure to get even more information on the new season at Friday's panel. CNN.com's What's Next blog will have all the latest news on that and so much more happening at this year's convention later this week!

In the meantime, you can watch the one minute "Walking Dead" scene here.

Filed under: television • The Walking Dead

« Previous entry
  1. loisworthy

Breaking Bad, created by Vince Gilligan, stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul as the lead characters. Now in its fourth season running, the story is about a high school chemistry teacher (Cranston) who is diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. http://bit.ly/oFosUp

July 19, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. candie

Can't wait to see season 2. I hope theirs even more action in this one!

July 19, 2011 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. All Cnn Posters

please poop in a big bag and smear it on us.

July 19, 2011 at 4:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. sarah

Please hurry with the "Walking Dead' I feel like the Walking Dead with these summer reruns,...and the Emmy nominations are a rerun too

July 18, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Itsamemario

loved season one, sucks this didnt get any emmy love..

July 18, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Peace

Hey BV! Celebrated my Mom's 80th b-day! The whole family was there! Spent the day at my bro's cottage, grilled food, boat rides, beach fun,& a few "beverages". Great time! (Too bad she prob won't remember it, ya know? :( ) How was yours? Pretty freakin' hot for you, too? I'm hybernating in the air, can't stand these temps! Hope all is well ! C-ya!

July 18, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. be quiet

I loved season 1 and I think it's a great show, but the "preview" really didn't deliver. You're going to hype up the exclusive sneak peek...and then it's just Rick bashing a zombie in the head with a rock? Wow, what a preview.

July 18, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Beauiful Vixen

I like the first season also. Hi Peace, how are you doing? How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?

July 18, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Peace

I liked the 1st season, also.Looking forward to Oct.!

July 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mydchomegirl

I really enjoyed the first season even though I don't like horror movies. The story is well written and now I'm hooked... Looking forward to Season 2.

July 18, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |