July 16th, 2011

What made Kristin Davis cry?

Kristin Davis tried to hold back the tears. But she couldn't.

The "Sex and the City" star talked to CNN about her trip to the Horn of Africa, where she saw firsthand what's been called the most urgent humanitarian crisis in the world.

"It's just shocking," Davis told us.

UNICEF estimates 10 million people in Kenya, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Uganda and Somalia are in jeopardy from the worst drought conditions in 60 years.  In Somalia, civil war is intensifying the danger.

Davis just visited the Dadaab refugee camp in Northern Kenya on behalf of Oxfam, the international relief organization.  Tens of thousands of people have struggled through every kind of hardship to reach the camp, but it's already four times over capacity.

At first Davis kept her composure as she described what she had seen. But as she talked about a woman she met who had lost her husband and two of her children to starvation, she broke down.

"I'm trying to hold myself together," she said as tears flowed. "But it's just so hard to see people forced to live like this.  And I just feel like it's through no fault of their own.  They're just caught up in these circumstances."

She paused for a moment then continued. "When you see people who can't even give their children a drink of water it's just really stunning."

Davis told us she knows the tough U.S. economy makes it difficult for people to give right now. But for those who can, she said Oxfam.org is accepting donations, and so are other major relief groups like CARE.

"I think that anyone who could give a dollar - you know to these people a dollar is beyond anything they have at all so anyone who could give anything is just a hero to me."

1. Tatiana

Thinking that everyone in Texas is a hillbilly is anignorant statement on it's own. Stop believing everything you watch on TV and actually come to Texas and make your own opinion. If you do,go to Austin :)

July 26, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. charlie crack

@BV- I'd walk you to class if I was there, just to be sure. Even though I know he doesn't faze you. He is an a$$. I know I say things when provoked, but, that's outa hand. Have a good day...be good

July 19, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  3. Beautiful Vixen

Hi Charlie: I don't know him from school. He is just saying that to scare me which I don't scare easily. He is just saying that to be mean. He doesn't know anything about me, except what I tell you and the few little people that I befriended on here. I don't tell any one that I come on here and so no one knows it's me. There is only one person I use to talk on here a few months back (Jake) and he said it's not him. Oh well..this guy is an azz for being so mean and for saying I should get hit by a bus. He gets his kicks by p!s$!ng me off and gets turned on by it. Have a great day Charlie.

July 19, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. jamesnyc

Actors who seem to act like "citizens of the world" give me heartburn. It is such narcissism. Maybe if the top earners would pay their taxes and stop stabbing their fellow actors in the back with SAG and AFTRA contract negotiations and of course lower the ridiculous price of movie tickets, that could be their contribution to society instead of these crocodile tears. Boo Hoo. There are people in this country who are stressed out of their minds b/c of the situation. Africa has been well known for its ridiculous corruption and infighting. The only way for these people to get their act together is to fight for better leadership not keep being enabled by fly by the night interlopers...

July 19, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. charlie crack

@crazyeye- say...(no arguement intended). It's really not cool to tell someone male/female that you will see them at school, mall, etc. If you got that we go to school from my posts here and there, harass me. If you say things like that it tends to make people wonder bro...NOBODY should have feel as if they need to watch over their shoulder from a blog/comment. So, please don't be a hinderance and just be nice. I know I can't talk, sometimes we say things and it is our opinion on a comment not a subtle threat. Get me? Got me? Good!

July 19, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. charlie crack

@BV-when I read this last night about midnight....i swore you two knew each other so I left it alone. I was thinkin' "now how in the he!! do they know each other"? Then I thought, "well maybe they do from school and they know each is on here". My gut was right, it just didn't sound right...

July 19, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. ??

Seems as though you have some issues dude. u have some nice talks with someone and then go on the attack and say such a mean thing. Nice class act clown.

July 19, 2011 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. Beautiful Vixen

@Crazyeye: You make no sense. If we had great conversations before, why do you hate me so much now? If I said something to you that you didn't like, you should have said something instead of being a bully about it. Anyway we don't go to school together so don't even play that game with me. Hate me all you want because I don't care and I'm not going anywhere.

July 19, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. Kelly

What are the rich hiding that they won't share.

Find out what we found and it will blow your mind.

Google the term "SIMPLE STOCK CASH" and click the very first site. Go right to the penny' stock page to see what the rich do not want you to know.

It is the turn of the little guy to make a ton of cash.

July 18, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. T-2

Shut up bi*c* and donate youe a*s to africa men instead. lazy b**ch. suck on my brain stem

July 18, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater

Crazyeye must have a lazy eye.

July 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rebecca

if anyone would actually like to support an organization that helps bring water to communities in africa - check out this website: http://www.aqua-africa.org/

It is an Awesome organization!!

July 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. The Måd Råp3r

Lol, i've stumbled into fight club!

@cookie, I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Hope everyones having a good monday, try not to melt in this insane heat.

July 18, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ?

Lol

July 18, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. charlie crack

Yall all have a good one. Monday's are Monday's and first day of class too...not angry at anyone or at all....forgive me if I seemed confrontational....

July 18, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  16. charlie crack

Where's Drita....ha haaa lol @mr ed!

July 18, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  17. charlie crack

I already told @cookie I was sorry...but, if yall want to keep goin' then keep talkin' greasy! No anger just makin' fun....REELAAAX, BREATHE.....

July 18, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  18. Mr. Ed

I like the idea of throwing pennies and pretzels maybe we can accidently throw a knife. Hey there Charlie, nice way to start the week..lol. Well i'm off. Enjoy your day and get off this thing. These blogs are stressful when ready. If you want something to do while waiting for class to start go to bathroom and rub 1 out..lol.

July 18, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. charlie crack

And ONCE again....the spelling comment was for @Lance...so scroll back up and YOU read the post....then get back to me.

July 18, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. charlie crack

Not a little girl...but ok...and um, the spelling comment wasn't for you. I'm sorry if I jumped when someone is faking you (seriously). You have been civil and I am just playin'. No hard feelings, no hate intended.....I apologize

July 18, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  21. charlie crack

@Derp- that's funny..tell em' I need some coffee too and I can get in a better mood. Needed the laugh....thanks bud!

July 18, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mr. Ed

Actually @crazyeye- i saw your mama at the bar yesterday while watching the game and she came up to me...hmm she actually PAID ME so she can give me a bj. She knows how to take it deep. After she left, because she had an appt. with Paco. I wonder if she paid Paco to do him too since she comes off as being a desperate lose h-0 which she is.

July 18, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  23. charlie crack

I'm in class wasting time....no trollin'....i'm havin fun....makin' you work!

July 18, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  24. charlie crack

Mr. Ed's in the house.....come on b!tches!

July 18, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  25. charlie crack

Did I even say where you were from demographically @cookie, or that I could care less?? Your comment about Texas makes you look biggoted and dumb....hicks? Um...ok...they wouldn't have police mounted on horseback without us cowboys (which we got from the Spanish down here where we know how to ride and ranch). Take a history class..Go on Yank!!! Jump "The Falls" from NY side and hope you make it....

July 18, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Cookie

@Charlie- erm, I wasn't talking to you about demographics... at... anytime. So slow you're roll there. My comments towards you have actually been REALLY civil. And my comments about Texas are my OPINION, which I'm allowed to have. I used to live right outside of Houston and it was terrible. I've been to Canada and I must say it was a "phuck" (as you put it) of a lot nicer there. So yeah, my telling of living in New York was directed at the troll pretending to be me. So please re-read my comments before you fly off the handle like a little girl. thanks. xoxo Cookie

July 18, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Derp

@Charlie again- Cookie only said one thing to you after you spell correcting that guy. That's it. Try to cap the anger man and REALLY read a post before responding. Cookie is very nice, her comment may have been out of context but she does explain it. BTW Cookie, glad you're back up in NY, I'm sure it's a welcomed return. Sorry Texas wasn't good to ya, if you ever visit I'll show you the good parts. XD

July 18, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  26. Mr. Ed

@crazyeye-first off b****, it's still a free country and if vixen, peace, charlie, etc comes on here and have a personal convo with someone they befriend on here, that's their business. Second, you should be the one to throw yourself in front of a bus (no better yet, a train), you anti-social pig. Vixen said hello to our friend Charlie but yet you attacked her just because you hateful piece of s-h!t doesn't know how to make friends. Do the world a favor, put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, you hateful jack-az-z.

July 18, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  27. charlie crack

Good looking out @Derp....you're right. Thanks for bein' cool about it...

July 18, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Derp

@Charlie- no problem. that's how I do. I don't see a reason to be mean and spiteful on the internet. If I want to abuse anyone I just go to my local cafe and throw pennies and pretzels at the barista. Anger managament worked WONDERS on me.

July 18, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  28. charlie crack

We could give a sh!t about you "pucks" oops..."phucks" in Canada! Texas a "step down"....no everything's bigger in Texas....so matter of fact "step up"!

July 18, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  29. Cookie

Oh i'm sorry. I'm just another low life w-h 0-re from Canada. Since we have good medical I take a lot of meds because it helps me to cope with life. I can't stand people. I hate everyone. My name is Cookie because I'm just a fat pig. I need to be fat because its always cold up here in Canada.

July 18, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  30. @Cookie

Oh dear.. meant Canada... g-d forbid yopu spell a word wrong on here.

July 18, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Cookie

@ the @cookie- yeah I dont even care that you didn't spell that right, granted it would have had more of an impact but the human brain can recognize words out of order or missing letters are long as 60% or more are present. I have better debates to enter than something lame like taking a dig at someone's spelling slip. we're humans which means were bound to not be prefect.

how did me being attacked by a troll turn into me patting them on the head and saying its ok? who knows. thats the kinda CookieMum that I am. *shrug*

July 18, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  31. @Cookie

Cookie and milk goes together. Take you hate back to Canda b***h.

July 18, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Cookie

lol actually I'm from AMERICA, which if you can read (apparently you can't) i say at the end "from canada or anywhere". I live in West Chester, New York not that any of you hicks would know where that is. So nice try at trollin but really you're so full of failsauce its rediculous. xoxo Cookie Monster

July 18, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  32. charlie crack

Maybe your comments were not good points, but in fact SPELLED WRONG....so they removed stupidity! Eh? Eh? Uh huh......

July 18, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  33. charlie crack

Hey there @Lance and @Cookie....you're so smart..."can read and write" eh?? Um...it's "technologically". Add an "L" @Lance....f'n braniac!

July 18, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Cookie

@Charlie- woohoo I came out of that unscathed *brushes self off*. like i said somewhere below, i dont take digs at a spelling slip. i think if you're 49\50 words spelled correctly than you're doing pretty good. THOUGH you're no better than anyone on here trollin this thing just like me. Maybe... the world isn't so big after all, we're all alike. Losers trollin the cnn board from coast to coast.

July 18, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  34. WHAT !

What do you mean crazyeye does it for free? Crazyeye been charging me 5 dolla fo long time! Yea, I know momma is free, been seeing her fo long time to. I am done with crazyeye, no mo of my 5s fo you.

July 18, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  35. Crazyeye's Mama

Be nice to my son all of you!! Crazyeye doesn't need to be doing that disgusting stuff to Paco. He has me!! I give him BJs all the time. I enjoy choking and gaging on his milk. Like they say...milk tastes good and it does the body good. With my old bones that's great. It makes my bones strong and c *u/m facials are wonderful. Smooth out those crows feet.

July 18, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  36. @Paco

Crazyeye does it for free like his mama. All he needs is to choke and gag on some milk and he will be happy to please you all day.

July 18, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  37. dallas crites

After reading this story, I felt compelled to donate to Oxfam.ord. We are so fortunate in the US. Please help with a donation.

July 18, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  38. @paco

Crazy eye does it for 5 dolla!

July 18, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  39. Sebastian Van Goober

Africans are very good at eating their own doo doo, infesting one another with A.I.D.S., producing illegitimate rats, tearing up anvils, taking a stinkky in their own water supply, contracting ebola, spreading numerous diseases thru-out the world and just generally being a drag on society. Perhaps culling the herd is a good thing...YES!! I think so!

July 18, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  40. judy

Im a bit puzzled about kenya. With all those kenyan marathon runners you would think they could chase down a meal every now and then.

July 18, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  41. ray ray

If all the somalians died then that would be a glorious and Happy Day!

July 18, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  42. Caroline

I have given to varies couses and will give to one of my choosen org...But what is very frustrating are the government leaders in these countries they don't give JACK about their own people the corruption in all these countries is in all time high....Take Uganda as an example that president has been running the show for 26 years and the amout of Gizzillions of money he's government has recieved during the past 20 years is nowhere to be seen in uganda...!!! A couple of million to construct roads/hospitals/schools/infrastructure is all that is needed but these Democrateur have no souls or hearts......!!! I mean steal but for crying out loud build and help your people....SHAME ON YOU!!

July 18, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  43. Beautiful Vixen

@Crazy Eye: Yawn you bore me. If you don't like what I write, don't read it. You follow me on blogs and write your hate crap. Go and play in traffic yourself. I get the feeling you are just as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside. Your mama is a h0 and you don't even know who your daddy is. By the way, you won't be name Jake and in lives in Seattle? Just wondering dumb a$$. Hi, Peace, Charlie..have a great day.

July 18, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Derp

@Charlie- PLEASE don't feed into their constant BS. They appear RANDOMLY on blogs, always the same ones and blah blah back and forth forever. I've seen several times its the same person posting on different names. It's odd how when one doesn't post NONE of them post. (except Evel, i see him constantly). Sidenote- BV has the right to type whatever, even if its nonsense. Frankly them having a private discussion is better than all of them ganging up on people. Talk about being AWESOME, 5-1, d00shbag odds.

July 18, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Derp

How exactly do you want to be taken seriously with a name like "Derp?" Just sayin...

July 18, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Peace

Excuse me crazy eye while I have a personal conversation. Hey Charlie, BV, Mad, Evel, Mr. Ed,&, well, ya know, "Hey all"! W/E is over, still hot as he!!. Hope your w/e was good & week goes fast! Need to get over this heat wave! Stay as cool "as you all are" & have a great day! :) (stay hydrated, too!) C-ya!

July 18, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • crazyeye

Nope vixen im not jake. As for boring you, I doubt that. We have had nice conversations before. To the rest of the gang, momma jokes? Really? I know for a fact you can do better. Mr.Ed,.... ehhhhhhh dont worry. Il return your sister when Im done . Anyway see you in school. Maybe you will figure me out. Have a great day and nice chatting again Vixen.

July 18, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  45. charlie crack

And if you still see a lilly pad and feel froggy....jump. Motha Phucker!

July 18, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  46. charlie crack

@crazy eye- it only drains you because your eye wanders and bobbles in your head and it's hard to read a sentence. @vixen can say what she wants, you do....putz! Why don't you go put a pork chop around your neck so the dog will play w/ you. Then maybe your ugly a$$ can sneak up on a glass of water to get a drink.

July 18, 2011 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  47. Zena

My only passion is helping children who dont have the basics of life. I dont care where the child lives but they are all children suffering. $1 feeds 4 children for 1 day. How much do you spend per day to feed yourself daily? That $1 you put in the vending machine for a soda-wouldnt you rather save 4 children than have a temporary satisfaction of your own?

July 18, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  48. Zena

What are we talking about here?Canada vs America? I live in America and Texas but I have never had any aniimosity toward Canada-why would I?

July 18, 2011 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  49. crazyeye

You know what drains me? You vixen. You having a personal conversation on a blog that has nothing to do with you. No one cares about you so do us all a favor and go get hit by a bus.

July 18, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  50. charlie crack

@BV- I hear ya sweets it's kinda dramatic sometimes and good to lay low and just soak others thoughts in. (seriously). I've been that way many times. But, yall hold your own very well. And, as far as school im starting my summer II session mon a.m. Blah! The heat doesn't help at all either. Watchin' jersey housewives haaa (all the girls are hot). So, you gota hook me up w/ jaqueline and christy, tracy and gayle from jerseylicious...lol

July 18, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  51. swamp thing

@andrea: You got it wrong, b!tch! Canada Sucks!

July 17, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Beautiful Vixen

Hi Charlie :) how have you been? How is school or do you have off for the summer? Saw you on the weekly blog. Wow you are in the 100's..geezes that's hot. Sorry, would have commented and stuck up for Mr. Ed because he is funny and a good person but I have been laying low. So much drama sometimes on these blogs, one would swear we really know each other and hang out in person. Hope you have been well my friend. Enjoy your week and keep cool. xoxo

July 17, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  53. charlie crack

Yall slow your roll now....no need to bicker.

July 17, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Beautiful Vixen

Everyone should just stfu. Like someone said, people would give more to help but the money, etc don't fall into the hands of the people that needs it. Canada, America..who the f*** cares lets just get along. Too much fighting and it's draining.

July 17, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. alecia

Lance, did I not say I wasn't coming back? What part of simple English do you elitist wannabes not understand? Must have been hit in the head with a hockey puck too many times.

July 17, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lance

lol I hate hockey. If I wanted to see a fight, I'd just watch UFC. Go GSP lol. BTW, at least canadians don't need the big blue dot to keep an eye on the puck ahhhhahahahahaha. Not to mention the health-care we canadians have, though you americans are coming along now.

July 17, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Døçtør Frêêdøm

They deleted my post on the Jane Fonds blog. Hanoi Jane mustn't have liked the truth I was laying down.

July 17, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lance

I've had quite a few good points get removed on this site. CNN doesn't care about the truth. They have their own agenda

July 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Døçtør Frêêdøm

The marquee blog is usually good to me considering the outlandish nature of some things I post.

I meant Jane Fondas blog on her site. I posted something rational that she probably didn't agree with and *poof* it was gone. She talks big noise about progressive values but doesn't back it up.

July 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  57. alecia

Lance didnt I say I wasnt coming back? What part of simple English do you elitist wannabes not understand? Oh, I forgot! It has to be your idea for it to count!

July 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Døçtør Frêêdøm

Alecia you sound like a fine american.

July 17, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lance

Elitist wannabes, aaaahahahahahaha. Go ahead and have it. Its all yours hahahahahahahahahahaha. Let me guess you were from Southern Ontario.

July 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cookie

@alecia- YOU obviously can't read ya freshly minted hillbilly. What Lance said was a statement not a suggestion. If you could read simple english (which I wouldn't expect from a canadian who moves to Texas, talk about stepping down in the world) then you'd have understood what he was saying like any intelligent person. He was literally saying "good, dont come back then". I know subtext and sarcasm is really REALLY hard for stupid people sometimes but he pretty much grannyshotted that for ya. Lance, good luck and god bless. Nice to see there are others out there in the world that can read AND write, Canadian or otherwise. Kudos.

July 18, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  58. Døçtør Frêêdøm

Requesting backup at:

Am pinned down by liberals and other terrorists, need immediate fire support.

July 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  59. alecia

Dean do you see why I gladly left canada years ago and became a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? AND I live in TEXAS to boot! Never going back north again. Good riddance!

July 17, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Dean

i am like a lot of other people, i would help by donating money but when most of the money you donate go to other companies and not the people themselves they dont bother to donate. whats even more sad why should we donate when our countries spend so much on weapons, cut back on killing and destruction, give a lil help

July 17, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca

You can donate here: http://www.aqua-africa.org/

They just came back from drilling a well in Africa. Very reputable company. The Executive Officer is a former Boy Scout professional.

July 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  61. alecia

This is off subject but if you want a good laugh, go to E!online and read why the uber-model that we should all encourage our children to follow Bristol Palin thinks Sarah Palin has the model family. Hint: everyone picks on poor little old Sarah because we are all jealous!

July 17, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Lance

people crap on sarah because she's a moron. Clinton makes a better polotician, not that being a polotician is anything to be proud of anymore.

July 17, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  62. Be Quiet

I know what made her cry. The fact that she's a terrible actress.

July 16, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

Haha okay, let me guess – you're either from Texas, or one of the Southern states. I think the most ignorant Americans (you) come from those "parts"....man, us Canadians get such a laugh out of you ignorant idiots.

July 17, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Lance

yesssss Canada is the greatest. But on the other hand, there's plenty of americans around to screw things up, like Michael Ignatieff. You guys can keep him now.
      How can americans be expected to help out less fourtunate countries in Africa when they can't even help each other. Your always stepping on each others backs to get ahead in life. As civilized as you all think you are, its still every man/woman for themselves. Its still 12000bc but alot more technologicaly advanced.

July 17, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Be Quiet

no, Andrea, I'm not a redneck hick from the south. I live in a big city in the north, and I'm gay. So yeah, you'd think I would love her...but she's a terrible actress.

For being so smart, you sure made a lot of stupid judgments. Typical snooty Canadian. Get over yourself, ey?

July 18, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Be Quiet

Thanks for being honest about your preference... it sure explains why you are such an @ z z.

I don't get how her horrible acting has anything to do with her compassion for humanitarian efforts. Is it because you could care less about the people in Africa and would rather get yourself the same purse that the purple teletubby carries around? Oh, I'm sorry, go out and spend your money there, you waste of space.

July 18, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Lance

what?

July 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  64. YoGabbaGabba

Yes, people in our country are suffering, but at least we have potable water. Maybe you should go have a nice, tall glass and be grateful for this most elemental human need.

July 16, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  65. rinnie

While this story is very sad we as americans need to start worrying and helping our own before other countries.

July 16, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

Such a true, American comment.....haha

July 17, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca

Oh, grow up. No one in America is in this situation - where they literally do not have access to a drink of water. Most individuals in America who are down and out are like that because of being under-educated (in a country with basically free education), lazy, or living beyond their means (and I'm not saying I haven't been guilty of a couple of these traits myself - so don't harp on me). As for comparing the situation in developing countries to America - well; try using your brain stem more often, k?

July 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  66. unemployed

I'm unemployed..what would you like me to do to help, the skin of my az.z?

July 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

Glad you're unemployed. I am unemployed also, but for some reason – I still have feelings. Jerk

July 17, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  67. MsShinaG

This should be read by more people. This is heartbreaking new and all people should want to help anyone who is in need. The other articles that have no substance at all are the most popular, we need to be more sensitive as Americans to the human condition of others throughout the world before a Tsunami, Drought, or earthquake hits. We are so fortunate that we forget that others are not.

July 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  68. jopen minded speaker

So funnii how people made comments on the other blogs but im prettiii sure no one even read the first sentence .. i think this is sad and although i encourage helping those third world countries i still think our country needs a whole lot of help ... our shelters are overcrowded some of our war veterans are on the street and average people also because they dont have help .. lets help our own country also

July 16, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah. So funny

July 17, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Africyeah

HI....mr jopen minded speaker just want to remind you that being born in the west was not your choice but.you just found yourself there and thus i cannot blame you for your ignorance however you should know that every human life is valuable and the people starving here in Africa.right now people whose lives are as valuable as yours are just dying what are you doing about it....Americans you are greedy but remember that sooner or later we all suffer the same fate....DEATH so if play your part and help a human being like you or stop complaining....

August 4, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |