Mila Kunis is officially going to Marine ball
July 15th, 2011

Mila Kunis is officially going to Marine ball

Mila Kunis is putting this story to rest once and for all.

Earlier this week it was reported that the 27-year-old star of next week's "Friends with Benefits" had accepted Sgt. Scott Moore's YouTube invitation to attend this year's Marine Corps Ball on November 18. As Fox411 reported, the YouTube invite was brought up during an interview, and at the time, Kunis said she'd do it.

And then, just as quickly as that spread, so did the rumor that she really wasn't, because she had work to do.

But at a publicity event Thursday, Kunis confirmed that she'll be on Sgt. Moore's arm come November 18.

"I will happily clear it up, once and for all," Kunis said, responding to a question of whether she's attending or not. "Never did I say that I was not going...I am attending, I'm going, November 18 I will be there."

As the room broke out into applause, Kunis waved her hand to try to temper the praise.

"There's no need to applaud, it's nothing great," she said. "I accepted an invitation and I'm staying true to my word. I got permission to be released from work for the day, so I'm flying in and flying out."

Will Justin Timberlake be next to accept his own Marine Corps Ball invite?

Filed under: Celebrities

1. games

I just could not depart your website before suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info an individual provide for your guests? Is gonna be again steadily to inspect new posts

August 4, 2012 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. Disappointed

I watched Mila and Justin on a morning show today and felt I was watching a 12-year old. It is obvious she does NOT want to do this and is only do it for publicity. She commented several times that Justin was doing it too; Justin should be there; could they double-date. Justin said they are proud of our soldiers, and she is doing this out of support. She is doing this because she was cornered on television and obviously thought Justin would be there too. How old is she? Seriously???

July 18, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. Rexman

I hope she BANGS his brains out... He deserves it.

July 18, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Chang

Mila's gonna be there? Crashing it....

July 18, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. Gay O Naise

Im a marine and would like Kanye West to escort me to the ball. Plus I hear he gives great head.

July 18, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. Betty ButtSlammer

Hopefully she will let all these Marines hump her in that tight rump she has while others are pulling out their tallywhackers for her so nibble on. A film of such would also be nice.

July 18, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. Hope

Hopefully she will give him a bobbin robin for the sake of moral and our brave men and women fighting for our freedom!

July 18, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jsmith 0

Glad to read she's going. It's definately the right thing to do.

July 18, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. Davd

Other attractive actresses should also offer to be dates. All in good spirit.

July 18, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. mk fan

I'd make a meal-a out if her kunis

July 18, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. David

I respect the balls someone must have to join the marines especially now when you're virtually guaranteed to go to some hot zone. I think the wars are terrible and should be ended immediately, which would be a good way to fix the debt ceiling problem. Brave soldiers, bad wars.

July 18, 2011 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. Name*Patricia Mapp-Jones

I am my heart is filled with words can not explain I have two sons and they are both services of The USMC... Yes I am proud to be a Marine Mom I just want to say thanks Patricia Mapp-Jones

July 18, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  13. FU

Mila needs to realize that supporting the war machine and the mercenaries that perpetuate it is not ok...

July 17, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chris

Welcome to Greenville Mila!! We look forward to your visit...

July 17, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Native

I hope he taps it... A real marine would. Semper Fi !

July 17, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. DudeLebowski

How many get to attend the academy awards?
    How many get to attend the USMC Ball?

You tell me which one is the more exclusive club.

And one last general comment for all you neckbearded wal-Martians and leftover sixties rejects: being a Marine is something a person EARNS.

July 17, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Argle Bargle

Whose ball is it? Can't they test it for DNA or something?

July 17, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Kara

geez, she sounds like it's putting her out in a major way... She sounds kind of bitter about it. =/

July 17, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. christina

ok yes thats good but enough with it already dang

July 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  20. wayne

I tried getting Taylor Swift to go to the ball with me last year...didn't happen though. Congrats buddy! Hope ya have fun.

July 17, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  21. frank

Who's asking Betty White? Perhaps they'll release her from show. She'd be my top choice.

July 17, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  22. Michae l J.

Mila who?

July 17, 2011 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
  23. TRUTH

This is nothin but self promotion, if there wasn't that much media coverage about it then she prob wouldn't go. and the marines are not fightin for freedom, there killin innocent people for land and oil to keep the greedy and rich rich!! the whole thing is a farce!!

July 17, 2011 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  24. Oyster

Despite half of the military being psychopathic derelicts who would be basically unemployable anywhere else I'm actually happy for this guy.

July 17, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  25. Billbrasky

Characters.....simply, characters. Smh

July 17, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  26. Billbrasky

Stuff like this is why South Park is probably the most morally sound show on television.

July 17, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  27. Mireland

Damn, when did killing people and destabilizing countries become honorable? The marines, army, whatever…brainwash people into being able to kill without remorse. That's inhuman, and not something to be proud of. We're creating psychopaths.

July 16, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  28. OK

Alright. I will be the one to say it. No one should feel like they have to say yes to a date simply because someone is in the military. I respect the men and women who serve this country. But I would never let myself feel pressured into meeting up with a complete stranger. "Do it for your country" RIght...People shouldn't feel obligated to go on a date. She said yes because if she said no, she would have a been masacred in the media, which is absurd.

July 16, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  29. GnatB

Congratulations to the Sgt. Apparently she's a beautiful woman, in addition to being pretty hot.

July 16, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  30. vincent

I m glad she accepted. She just probably wanted to see what it was like to be around REAL men!! Never complain, follow orders and makes all of u safe. She will be in heaven!! More celebs should do this.....

July 16, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. yum

I'd stick it in her.

July 16, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

stick what, where? Be more specific. Or haven't you figured it out yet?

July 18, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Pam

If she wasn't goin ud be talkn smack then too. Who cares if she's goin he's over there riskin his life for everyone of u on this blog so let it alone n I hope they have a nice time he deserves to for sure who knows how many tours he's done n how much death he's seen.

July 16, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Pam

If she wasn't goin ud be talkn smack then too. Who cares if she's goin he's over there riskin his life for everyone of u on this blog so let alone n I hope they have a nice time he deserves to for sure who knows how many tours he's done n how much death he's seen.

July 16, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  34. steve von

Did u ever see mila in forgetting sarah marshall!!!! OMG!!!!

July 16, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. CPL USMC

same goes for you anti-military.. oh and by the way your welcome for the right to say what did

July 16, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  36. CPL USMC

@ LEV, ignorance must be bliss for you. saying the military doesn't deserve anything! these actors and actress think they are so special cause their famous and have money, people like that marine who asked her and my self and the other service men and woman do this because we know people like you don't have the courage to do it. we put our lives on the line every day so the fact that he asked yeah i think he desrves it

July 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mike W

I HOPE SHE BANGS HIM!!!

July 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Anti-Military

Fortunately for him, I'm not her. I would've said no, and made it a point to say I will in no way humor the industrial military complex. Don't be fooled, those in the military today are not protecting our freedom. The only thing they're protecting is corporation bottom lines.

July 16, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. lekuhlman

Isn't she married/dating mcaulley cullkin? I wonder how he feels about her little date

July 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Don

Interesting how this story leaves out her calling Billy Bush a liar and someone who just made up the story...A Bush lying? SHOCKER

July 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  41. tjinnc

I wonder if she'll dress as Meg Griffin...

July 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Heywood Jablome

I don't think she was down-playing the importance of the ball and her date–I think she was asking not to make a big deal about her going. Seems like she may be seeking some normalcy in her world. I think her point may be that nobody is making a big deal about other Marines dates and she should be no different. I am impressed by her willingness and kindess. The Sergeant put his name and face out there for all the world to see–and be made fun of sadly enough–but it shows how courageous he truly is. Great job Sergeant, your awesome Mila and God Bless the USMC:):) Most of my posts are usually crude, but this one deserved my well-hidden maturity by posting a nice comment.

July 16, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  43. JAsh

She's doing a nice thing. I'd also like to praise the bosses on the production she'll be working on in November for scheduling shooting so that she can go.

Whether or not you agree that we should be there, the people doing the actual fighting are brave and deserve our thanks.

July 16, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  44. lana

Milia & Justin are wonderful to take time out and go to an event with a Military Personnel, call it "Celebs Make a Wish 4 Our Troops" {:)

July 16, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  45. semperfidelisss

Oo yea mila its nothing great.... its JUST the marine corps ball ... this chick should be considering herself lucky to even be asked to go .....

July 16, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  46. RICHARD

BABY KILLER MARINE YOU SIC SIC PERSON I BET YOU LIVE IN A TRAILER RIGHT WITH ALL YOUR RACIST LOSER FRIENDS OR YOU WERE KICKED OUT OF THE MILITARY AND NOW YOU ARE BITTER YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN

July 16, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Sherri

This is a good opportunity to make another movie.....

July 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  48. madhater

Retarded

July 16, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  49. madhater

I bet she wishes Timberf@g kept his retrted mouth shut.

July 16, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  50. Kevin

Good for her!

July 16, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  51. ?mylove

What ever happen to the rest of That 70's Show cast. She seems to be the only one on the working. I thought Donna would have made a great Wonder Woman.

July 16, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  52. Tom Walsh

You go girl

July 16, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  53. Simple

Why do some of you have to make this political? It shouldn't be about your negative feelings about the military or opinions on Hollywood celebrity.

Guy asks pretty girl on a date. Pretty girl says yes. It's a nice story and it reminds us that no matter who you are or what you do it's cool to get a date with the girl of your dreams. Don't sully this with negativity.

July 16, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  54. harry

And this is important because??????

July 16, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  55. loca

I think its awesome and she should let him go to first or second base :D

July 16, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  56. Watch me don't watch tv

Ms.Kunis, your probably the hottest celebrity out there. Keep up the good work!

July 16, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  57. Jack Daniels

This is pathetic. I can't believe she's going for good ol' PR purposes. And the stupid marine who did the video wasn't serious you could tell he was joking around. I guess we can all put youtube videos asking celebs to go out with us now

July 16, 2011 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  58. Rachel

Mila Kunis should be honored and humbled. A Marine's daily job is a bit more important than the job of a celebrity. To say that you have PERMISSION to be excused from making a movie because a soldier requested your company is bogus.

July 16, 2011 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
    • smasheduprr

I'm sorry he didn't ask you. Every job besides soldier is indeed worthless by the way; unless you are killing people (who are supposed to kill you) because some crazy old men on either side order it from their armchairs and mansions your job is worthless. Creating things is worthless; if your job is in that field Rachel will loudly sigh and roll her eyes.

July 16, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  59. Aaron

Look at you virgins go.......

July 16, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  60. Aaron

It's Mila's choice, and we should respect her. As far as this Marine: Why not spend your $$ for whom you really care about? Ms. Kunis is being polite, Now Timberlake is getting asked. She is dumb for asking. Enjoy your free time with whom you love.

July 16, 2011 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  61. Sublime

A celebrity going on a date with a Soldier. How...original.

Glad for the Soldier and his buddies, I'm certain they'll have stories for a long time to come, they deserve it.

But glamorizing Mila for making a sacrifice to go on a date with a Marine? I mean seriously, do we think celebrityies are in their own stratosphere? I'll bet she's never had to be shot at in her line of work.

July 16, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Aarrgghh

I would also bet that she has never shot an innocent person through the face in her line of work.... Moron

July 16, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Lev

Celebrities are in a completely different social class as everyone else. And just because he's a marine doesn't make him important. They do not deserve anything.

July 16, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  62. Ivan T.

All I have to say is Get Ready For a Real Party! Semper Fi

July 16, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  63. Babykillermarine

Way to support a bunch of baby killing brainless fools. No respect from me Mila.

July 16, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
    • RICHARD

YOU SIC SIC PERSON ! I DARE YOU . I AM SURE THIS IS A POST FROM A TERRORIST NOT AN AMERICAN . PLEASE LEAVE THIS COUNTRY YOU SIC HATE FILLED FOOL .

July 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • SF

Brainless fools huh? These "brainless" brothers of mine, which BTW probably are more intelligent than your entire family, didn't like your comment too much. So after we are finished watching each others backs, we would like to invite you on a camping trip...to Afghanistan. Then we will see how you really feel. Finally, have a blessed day. I hope you enjoy your bullet free day in your cubicle in central Kansas, you and the rest of the Westboro Baptist Church.

July 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Yeah Baby

I hope he tags it!

July 16, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  65. CCAM

I think we are missing a real opportunity here. Should'nt we just be progressing to point were we treat celebrities as what they are. These people are elevated to the point that others criticize them. If you like the work of Mila Kunis then go see it but dont think that she owes anybody anything. If we would all agree that they are no more important than the teacher or the postman then all this tabloid junk would disappear. If you dont like something......... then just dont consume it. Peace to Mila and the Marines and lets start being more selective......

July 15, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Lev

I feel bad for her. I highly doubt she wants to go. That dude is pathetic.

July 15, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • meh

About as pathetic as you. You have very obviously spent a lot of time on this thread in the comments making hateful statements about this guy. You are probably a 350 pound virgin that lives in his grandmother's basement and plays WOW all day. Who is the pathetic guy now?

July 16, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lev

July 17, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Uncle Charlie

She's pretty damn hot...

July 15, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  68. durhasan

You are all really weird.

July 15, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  69. BR Architect

in my humble opinion, that look is a bit of a cliche. I can just picture now the society magazine in New Orleans glorifying the "clean lines" and "mod" style – in the "urban fabric" of NOLA. what transitional metal from the periodic table of elements will they name the bar downstairs? Cobalt? come on commission, keep some dignity in NOLA. Please dont turn it into Houston.

July 15, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Houston

This story isn't about architecture. And don't hate on Houston - I seem to remember our lowly little city graciously taking in most of NOLA a few years ago.

July 16, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  70. DizzyG

She-it!!!!!
    Sign me up to dat is good stuff!

July 15, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Mary

AWESOME!!! I have total and complete respect for her. The military works hard for our freedom and he deserves this treat. I hope he has the best time ever. I also hope Justin goes too, everyone in the military deserves the star treatment :)

July 15, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lev

Strongly disagree

July 15, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sublime

@Lev

Yeah for sure. Lowly Soldiers. No one should be willing to have a date from a celebrity, huh? They are like... gods. They should rule the country. They're all very smart, some of them even have college degrees. They all do great things for the betterment of society in their line of work. They make sacrifices daily on behalf of us lowly laborers. And they don't even demand payment commensurate of the sacrifices they make in their line of work.

July 16, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Lev

@ sublime. I don't think celebrities are high and mighty. I also don't think the soldier deserves the date. He is pathetic and you are dumb.

July 16, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  72. hope120

GOOD FOR HER. NOW IF JUSTIN PRACTICES WHAT HE JUST PREACHED !!! I NOTICE NOONE HAS HEARD FROM HIM
    SINCE.???????????????

July 15, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  73. k

She is "Flying in and flying out"

She sounds really excited to be there

July 15, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ree

She obviously has a previous commitment that has other people's, not just her own, paycheck riding on. There are reasons movie productions are scheduled months in advance. To take the time out of that, change a production schedule, fly herself from where she is filming, to the ball, and back and probably get up balls early to shoot again is something amazing she is doing to try and make someone's dream come true. Why do have to put up some snarky comment like this and belittle her effort?

July 16, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  74. Catfish187

I hope she shows him a wild time.
    Would be cool to read.
    I got my hip blown off by an I.E.D
    I'd love a date with a beautiful actress.

July 15, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  75. the_dude

I hope she puts out for the marine. I hope she just doesn't eat dinner and a few drinks then say she has a headache. At least let the guy get to 2nd base.

July 15, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Mark n Terri

More celebs should take part in a lottery for vets and wounded warriors to be their dates during the ball...I am sure that is an idea that would go a long way for lots of folks.

Word of advice though...the ball is about the traditions of the Marine Corps...and the Marines at the ball will always be the biggest celebs there!

July 15, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • master bayshun

What u just implied sounds more to the degree of let's parade around the cripples and maimed ppl from the war with Hollywood kooks cuz it would help their self esteem. U r the reason the special Olympics still exist. I'm sure if something horrible happened u, u wouldn't mind being the posterchild for that specific thing.

July 15, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  77. dore

A star if there ever was one. Mila Kunis carries on in the highest of Hollywood tradition and devotion to her fans. Really an A list actress with class.

July 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  78. WHOOPI MATTHEWS

Mmmmmm Mila makes me proud to be in the National Guard.

July 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  79. fundies

she really likes "Marine Balls"

July 15, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • DudeLebowski

Right on. I was wondering how long it would take for this joke to surface.

Why isn't she going to the Soldiers ball?

Oh yeah that's right soldiers don't have...

July 17, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  80. nerp

Well,seems to me like I should get going. *gets up and walks away sadly*

July 15, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Ken

I'm glad she is going to go to the ball with the Marine. I think she has a lot of class, and who knows – maybe they might just hit it off and become an item, or just remain friends. Stranger things have happened!

July 15, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • anti-ken

Yeah, that's likely to happen. Finish work, fly across the country, meet him at the ball, snap some pictures, walk in, snap some more pictures, eat a quick dinner, more pictures, quick dance then fly back across the country. He won't have one minute alone with her.

I see this as really no big deal. Want to applaud celebs for their military support? Take a look at who's on the USO tour. Now those guys really put the time in...

July 16, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ulame

@Rick- You a dick.

July 18, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  82. GEB

Good on Mila, this is old Hollywood type stuff that just seems to have slipped away from us!!! Mila, your the best and we all wish you the best now into the future, people will be talking about you for years to come, you have class, something sadly missing in the world today.

July 15, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  83. brathead

I think this is awesome that she is doing this. These people are out there fighting for our freedom, I think it is the least Mila can do. I hope the girl that asked Justin Timberlake, gets her date with him as well.

July 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Navyguy

They are not out there fighting for your freedom... they are securing the Ideal of democracy for the people of other nations. In other words, they are doing the dirty work for Multinational corporations and self ingratiating politicians. Unfortunately for all of them they are being misled. Hope he enjoys his date and gets to stay home for a while.

July 16, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • RICK

How exactly is a marine in Iraq fighting for your freedom? How do you people get sooo brainwashed?? Was Vietnam for your freedom too? What about any of the other wars your country has waged in the past 60 years? How did ANY of those affect your freedom? If anything all your wars reduce your freedom. Ever hear of the patriot act? your war mongering politicians starts wars, take away your freedoms in the name of said wars and you morons eat it up. No wonder you are falling behind the rest of the world on a daily basis. No ability to reason critically.

July 16, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  84. KA

"There's no need to applaud, it's nothing great," Mila, you are not all that. It is great to attend in a Military Ball. It is awesome. But I guess to you we are little people. The people that gave you your freedom. Yes, you fly in and out, but you remember that your just a another P for the guys.

July 15, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • bfred

Lighten up, Francis.

"It's nothing great" obviously refers to her actions, not the ball itself.

July 15, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

KA: Shut up, loser. She accepted an invitation (which she did not have to do). Her point (obvious to every man woman and child except yourself) is that she doesn't think that it should be considered a big deal to anyone except the Marine in question that she accepted his invitation. It's called humility. And you are called an idiot. The end.

July 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • MegfromDE

Obviously, Mila Kunis did not mean that the Military Ball was "not great." She was trying to explain that her actions did not need to be applauded, because she was not doing anything extraordinary. She is trying to be modest and NOT make the event all about her, which is the classy thing to do.

July 15, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • GoAFFalcons

Hilarious bfred. BTW, for those youngsters who haven't seen "Stripes," its worth a watch.

July 15, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • protagonist

It's easy to see that KA is in the military, since he has the comprehension skills of an 8 year old.

July 16, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • MoronWatch

KA, your reading comprehension needs a brush up. She was not just saying that to brush it off OR because she has an inflated ego. Here is the EXACT quote from the story. Which is very short BTW and YOU should have picked up on. '

"There's no need to applaud, it's nothing great,"

She was responding to the ROOM she was speaking in front of bursting into applause. What she said was actually being HUMBLE about the whole thing. Which SHOULD be quietly applauded.

I used to wonder how all these stupid rumors get started by people that only read a portion of a story. Now I know.

July 16, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • LastDinosaur

Dear Major Chip-on-your-shoulder,
      I hope you were just groggy when you posted this and don't read everything with the "how can I construe this as a slight towards the warriors that give these a**holes the freedom to post on their gawd-d*mn ingrate comments on the internet" mindset. It's unseemly and does more damage to servicemen/women's collective image than any celebrity's dismissive comment about the great times to be had at "military balls" ever could (although as others have said, the comments you are presently taking issue are OBVIOUSLY supposed to convey Kunis' belief that she hasn't done anything great by simply agreeing to go on a date with a Marine).

July 17, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Angela

I think its pretty cool of her to go. What if she goes and they have a great connection...you never know...

July 15, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  86. steve von

Mila kunis is doing a great service for this marine, who is risking his life for his country! God bless mila and the United States marine corps! Uh Rah!!!

July 15, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Keith

I think this is fantastic and conjures pictures of old Hollywood and the GI's who fought in World War II. It is a reminder to all of us that men and women are out there fighting for our freedom. Its a reminder that they too need a little fun and distraction from the dangerous and deadly world they live in on a day to day basis. I love the fact that the country has rallied around this story of the pretty Hollywood starlet and the Marine. With everything that is going on in this world right now its a great distraction and in my opinion and honor for both of them as well as what ever movie company that will close up shop for a day – probably at quite a cost so that she can go do this! I hope they have a blast!

July 15, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

Keith....excellant point about 'old hollywood and WW2'. God bless the USMC. And God bless Mila Kunis.

July 18, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Luis

Who cares why she accepted? The fact is that she did and that will mean a LOT to the Marine. After everything the poor guy has been through, he deserves it. Way to go Mila!

July 15, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  89. mejazzbo

Was there ever any doubt.

July 15, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  90. vegasmama

U go girl iam so pround of u for going you must no this guy will probually be counting down the days till he meets u make it wonderful for him, after hes there giving his life for u and all americans,god knows they need some happiness after being in thathellhole, have a fantastic time!

July 15, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  91. SCE2AUX

Mila Kunis is a sweetheart – and our Marines are heroes. 'Nuff said.

July 15, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Yeah because anyone who gets involved in invading other countrys is a hero....right.

July 16, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • christine

Me: because doing something nice to one servicemember out of many...the many who defend your right to be a tool, has no bearing in your cimplete lack of regard for the marines right?

July 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • PROUDNavyWifeAndWarProtester

The marines who serve do what their country asks of them. They don't necessarily believe in the fight they are told to fight. Also, when they sign on, they are no longer allowed to speak out politically.

Supporting ones troops does NOT mean supporting the war they fight

I sure as heck don't support any of these wars

July 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  92. @turdy one

I see tracie got a new name. Still the same ignorant moron, just a new name.

July 15, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Goostauf

@tracie should really just be quiet. I like to read the comments to see people's oppinons, not read some moron bs with too much time on their hands.

July 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  93. @tracie

The really sad part is it's probably one fool doing all the posting under all these names. The internet in the hands of idiots is a dangerous thing.

July 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  94. @ @ tracie

The sad part is that this fool probably finds his failed attempts at jokes funny.

July 15, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Pliny

Seriously tracie (whoever)...your act is WAY old.

There's a BIG difference between 'shocking' and 'boring'.

And you've been boring for a long time now.

July 15, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Skeptical

I hope this isn't a ridiculous attempt to get more ticket sales for FWB. What should be applauded is the men and women who are still fearlessly serving our country!!!

July 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

@Skeptical, why dont you stick your head back in the sand. The Marine who is one of the people ... " still fearlessly serving our country" Is the one who asked Mila, it was not her idea, she just said yes.

It's people like you who want to make a mountain out of a mole-hill. Who cares why she said yes, everyone has a little selfishness in all thier actions. You Pu55y

July 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • JenT.

Nicely said portalpunk

July 15, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrBo

The movie starts next week (7/22), the Ball is in November 18th, a full FOUR months later. The movie will probably not even be in theaters anymore by then, you dolt.

July 15, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • S1N

"Everyone" is a very broad generalization. Mila seems to be being a good sport. I, however, am selfish in all of my actions. If it doesn't benefit me, or provide the opportunity for future personal gain, I'm not doing it.

July 15, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Walsh

I think this is fantastic for both of these people. She gets to mingle with Our Real Courageous Soldiers away from Hollywood and he gets a Date to Remember. Maybe we will see this as Hollywood US Soldier Pride like our past Stars and she will go down in history as the catalist.Dood Lck Mili

July 16, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • LucasDELLABATE

Because she is a celebrity – and celebrities are better than all of us. That's why

July 18, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  97. Randy

Excellent.

July 15, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Johnjon

when I heard JT got an invitation to the marine ball, I thought maybe he was a huge marine ball fan as well............ then I found out it was a chick who invited him, oh well.

July 15, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Paula

I live near Camp Lejeune, husband is Navy, son-in-law Marine Corps. I think your attempt at humor stinks. These young men and women do an awesome job. Try to act a bit more grown up and not stooping to middle school humor.

July 15, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Sir Pompous

Good one, L

July 16, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  101. John Bave never said anything

@Paula...relax lady...it's a freakin' joke. I'm sure the Marines you are talking about have made jokes about balls before. Shutup and laugh once in a while. Marines are no more special than anyone else in this world...they were just crazy enough to enlist.

July 16, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  102. Randy

I doubt it. I can eat four gallons of doo doo in less than a minute.

July 15, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  103. bfred

Where's your friend and her cup?

July 15, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  104. lbw

With that pathethic claim to fame I'm sure you're proud, just don't know why you would be

July 15, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  105. brathead

You are such a disrespectful moron...Are you related to tracie?

July 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Marine Dude

Leave it to the AF

July 15, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  107. 3P071

To have higher ASVAB scores and hotter women...

July 16, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |