Michael Bublé: These seniors are so effing cute!
July 15th, 2011

Michael Bublé: These seniors are so effing cute!

Feel proud of yourselves, members of the Clark Retirement Community in Grand Rapids, Michigan, because you made Michael Bublé smile!

The sassy seniors did a "LipDub" of Bublé's famous "Feeling Good" cover on YouTube and the Canadian singer was tickled when CNN brought it to his attention. (We already know how much he enjoys seeing other people perform his music.)

"I love this video," Bublé told CNN.  "I look at all of them with great reverence. It made me really happy and they're so effing cute."

According to the video's description on YouTube, the seniors linked up with "Grand Valley State University Film & Video Production students, alumni, and professors to create this sassy video to the jazzy-sweet contemporary crooning of Michael Bublé."

They did a great job of it. So much so that they may get to sing along with Bublé at some point as he told CNN, "I will definitely visit there one day."

Words can't even describe how adorable the video is so we won't even try. Check it out for yourself:

1. Saagar Yengandul

24/11/2008· Updating a bathroom can costs thousands of dollars, especially if you hire an interior designer and opt for high-end finishes, like granite countertops and modern...walk in shower ideas

May 12, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. Don

looking good as ever Aunt Gerry! great video!

July 23, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kat

that is adorable

July 18, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
    • I want Casey Anthony to have my baby because she is a great mother

When is Granny Gang Bang night?

July 18, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sally

That's one ritzy retirement community!

July 17, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. paulapaula

I was raised by a man who was my father who was 54 when i was born my mom passed when i was 14 leauing me alone with my father and what that had taught me was to have respect for my eldors and i learned to put other peoples feelings before mine and to always listen to my eldors theyve usually have done what you are doing wrong and can provide good advice to keep you from doing wrong

July 17, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Smitty

Hey Mr. Bubble, you are a condescending idiot.

July 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. alecia

How about this for a kick!? My grandparents were such staunch believers in happy hour every day that when it was legal, I would go on their monthly pub crawls with their group and you really learn alot from past generations when they have a few ounces of alcohol in them! It was a blast!

July 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Madame Rue

Does it ever occur to anyone that calling seniors "cute" is degrading? They are not children, you know! I have seen so many people put on the giggle face and use the same voice as they would use to address a three year old or an idiot when dealing with seniors, and it is just WRONG. Show some respect!

July 17, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Name

CHILLAX, Madame Rue!

July 18, 2011 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • LH

Agreed. Kittens, puppies and babies are cute. In countries where the elderly are actually respected and honored, they don't refer to them as "cute." The author and many commentators actually think it's a compliment, which just goes to show you how skewed our view of aging is in the West.

July 18, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Janice

that's awesome!

July 17, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. joanne

this video has great production quality; very well done

July 16, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lane

My mom is 88 and sings professionally, still teaches voice. I know she wouldn't appreciate being called "cute," but that's just my mom.

It always seems really inappropriate to me to brag about being old and planning to live as long as possible. Patently selfish. Every generation, whether mollusk or primate or fish, must yield to later generations. Humans are living too long; it means taking resources from others. Never mind your great quality of life; it isn't all about you. I miss Dr. Kevorkian.

July 16, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. purplepuss

Brilliant!!

July 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. M Gray

Being a senior my self (75) and managing 3 different independent senior housing comples. I LOVE IT and sent it around to all my friends. They need more like this on seniors, they are not sitting around to die.

July 16, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Peace

@ Denise, My friends Grandma, also, lived there for several yrs. Really nice place! Lucky folks! My friend, also got married there, out in the "yard". Such a beautiful place! Glad I clicked on this blog! :)

July 16, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. Denise

Absolutely adorable! I don't think I've smiled this big in a long time...what a way to start the day! Congrats to the kids from Grand Valley State...you are stars in the making! And thank you to the absolutely adorable, wonderful seniors at Clark Retirement Community for letting the kids at GVS make the video...you all are what I aspire to be when I "grow up!" YOU ALL MAKE ME PROUD TO BE A MICHIGANDER!!!!!

July 16, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  16. Amy

My grandma has lived at Clark for nearly 10 years. She's not in the video, but the people I've met in this place are great. They always get excited when Grandma's grandchildren and great-grandchildren come to visit her; people always stopped me in the dining room to say hi when I would visit with my boys. :-)

July 16, 2011 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  17. Fiona

That's an exceptionally nice looking retirement center. I'd live there. Looks like a fun group, too.

Did anyone notice the huge number of production assistants listed in the credits? I wonder whether this was a class project and those are some of the students listed. No other reason to have so many.

July 16, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • summermorn

The crew was not part of a class at GVSU, they volunteered to do it because they thought it would be fun. It will look good in their portfolios. Part of the reason so many were needed is because some of the seniors required more help than others. I'm one of the residents and was in the video. It was wonderful fun for all of us, and created energy for all of us. Thanks to all the crew!

July 17, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pat

STOP CALLING OLDER PEOPLE CUTE! KIDS ARE CUTE. IT IS AN INSULT. Damn it..

July 16, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

Older person speaking here, Pat: the seniors in this video are cute, and they are trying to be. It's not an insult to say so. The video is lighthearted and fun. Can't you just get into the spirit of the thing?

July 16, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Name

Sounds like someone needs to CHILLAX, dude!

July 18, 2011 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
    • LH

Agreed. Kittens, puppies and babies are cute. In countries where the elderly are actually respected and honored, they don't refer to them as "cute" or "adorable." The author and many commentators actually think it's a compliment, which just goes to show you how skewed our view of aging is in the West.

July 18, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Denise

BEYOND AWESOME!!! Now this is some kind of retirement community. There was a lot of work put into this production and it is PERFECT!!! Kudos, cheers and congratulations to all involved. WOW!!!!

July 15, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

I agree. What a great show. Awesome job. Always nice to see people do fun things, no matter what the age.

July 18, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  20. T3chsupport

Soooo adorable. If I end up needing care later in life, I hope I end up in a community like this!

July 15, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  21. SP

Excuse me, "(We already know how much he enjoys seeing other people perform HIS music?!?!?!?)" CNN, get your facts straight and give credit where credit is due. "Feelin' Good" is a NINA SIMONE cover!!! I'm sure that Bublé would say the same thing!

July 15, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  22. tcbc2011

Saw a Buble concert. It was awesome.He is a good entertainer and that was nice of him

July 15, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  23. nerp

Hey! I lived there! *sheds tear*

July 15, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ted

Everyone gets older sooner or later.I plan on it being MUCH later.I'm 74 and just retired 2 years ago.My wife and I. have been married 52 years and are still very much in love.We do not live in a"retirment home".WE live full time at our lake house.We stay active and really enjoy life.Neither one of us wears diapers and I would love to have seen some of you young pups shark fish every day in the Atlantic for 2 solid weeks like I just did with heat indexs over 100 every day. Open boat no top.No a/c.

July 15, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • MaryAnn

You go Ted! I hope you live a long and healthy life with your honey of 52 yrs.

July 15, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlieblu

Love your post Ted! I hope to be just like you when I grow up, save some fish for me...please;-)))

July 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

You two go with your bad selves! :)

July 18, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Liz

When you're young, you can't imagine that the folks like those in this video, ever did anything that would interest you. But most of them have lived very interesting lives – that fact doesn't change because you are lucky enough to get "old."

August 1, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Helen

Well, they clearly borrowed the idea for from The Young at Heart Chorus (which you can find on YouTube. I reccomend "I wanna be sedated"), a real seniors chorus that actually sings the songs they cover, but this was really fun, and the video was good and took some effort, so I enjoyed it. Anything that gives seniors something fun and innovative to be a part of, is a really great thing. I'd say these directors definitely could have a future in music videos. :)

July 15, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. vegasmama

Ahhhh to be twenty yrs younger! i just love that guy! his music is so awsome and i hope someday when he comes to vegas i will abe able to aford his tickets,there not cheep especially when u dont have a job! if any of u ever get the chance to hear him in concert and even if u never liked that style of music you will so change your mine! oh and congrates to u and your beautiful wife she is one lucky lucky lady,u to will have beautiful children together! much love,from your truly bigest fan of all.

July 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • gottabelieve

Saw him in concert six months ago. He is as good live, if not better, than his recordings. Awesome artist – a true talent!

July 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Andrée

Atta boy!!! that's the way to go. Sing and be happy you'll live longer.

July 15, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Andrée

Atta boy that's the way to live, happy and singing your heart out.

July 15, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  29. buh

I'll do something on his reply, but it ain't ditto.

July 15, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Fabio

I like sandwhiches

July 15, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Josh

I see the boards are full of 12 year olds today. Man, our country is f$#ked...

July 15, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • [lol]

Been that way for years, Josh... get used to it (sad to say).

July 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Always is my friend. You want to get REALLY depressed with 12 yr olds, go to CNN.

July 16, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Chris

Old people are not cute... they've been around for a long time and have probably done some stuff that would make your hair stand on end during their lifetimes.

July 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna

Some old people are really nice.

As for doing things that would make your hair stand on end, lets face it the things that young people do today, from as early as 12 would far outdo what the older people got up to!

July 15, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • sami

Hmmm..... You never met me. We all have secrets! Those were the days!

July 15, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ele North

You BETCHA !!

July 15, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cohen the Barbarian

anna, dream on. When we were kids, there were almost exactly half as many people as there are today. We had a half-empty world to ourselves most of the time. I walked miles of empty countryside, floated canoes down lazy rivers and never saw another boater. We skinny-dipped and ran naked through fields. I built a robot and developed pictures in my bathroom, and wired my house up with cheap little phones. My sister had a pony. I chopped down twenty pine trees and built a tree house three miles deep in the woods. Then I hit puberty: did I mention skinny-dipping with girls? Growing my own? Miles and miles of open country? I saw all the rock bands play, joined one myself, picked out the best girl and married her, and I'm still happy. We were unobserved and free; you guys are packed in like sardines and have smartphones tracking your every move. I'm all up into computers myself; my first one was a 386 and I used it in my work. Now I use them for everything. You don't see most of an iceberg either, but you need to understand that it's there.

July 15, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not there yet but getting close

Cohen, what a marvelous post! Makes me realize – all the fuss these days about our "freedoms" being taken away, and yet we have chosen to give so many of our "real" freedoms away ourselves, often w/o even realizing it until it is too late.

July 15, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • T3chsupport

Cute = charming

July 15, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edsr

I lived in Florida for awhile.............watching the elders slurping their pea soup in a restaurant and saying...."DEELISHUS"! was a real pain in the back! They eat like it was their last meal and they NEVER ate the stuff before....disgusting!

July 15, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • wenta

bite me, chris. your turn is coming! let's hope you can move like this people instead of sitting on your duff.

July 15, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

That made me cry...you made me sick.

July 16, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • JoAnn

If only younger people would take the time to learn from senior citizens. I wish I had asked my parents more questions and spent even more time with them.

July 17, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Chris, old people ARE cute. And charming too. You should try to hang around them a little more often. You might learn something.

July 17, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rae

I love elderly people and have learned a great deal from them listening to their stories and words of wisdom. We may be there some day, so be kind to elderly people. They need love, too. Take care all.

July 18, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • LH

Agreed that they're not "cute." They're simply people who have been on earth longer than most of us and are deserving of respect for their knowledge and experience. Kittens, puppies and babies are cute. In countries where the elderly are actually respected and honored, they don't refer to them as "cute" or "adorable." The author and many commentators actually think it's a compliment, which just goes to show you how skewed our view of aging is in the West.

July 18, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Tom

When I retire, this is where I want to live! Think they are all high?

July 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  34. stef

Effin cute

July 15, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • ROBIN

MY MOM HAS GOT TO SEE THIS AT 75 SHE IS STILL REDOING HERE HOUSE..SO DARN CUTE.

July 16, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
    • KarinLouise

So Cute,
      I love when the woman comes speeding around the corner and grabs the depends .... very entertaining video

November 1, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Tony

WOW! Is that something you do often? Just Kidding!

July 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Papa Smurf

Unless you plan on dying young, you too will be old one day. Have respect.

July 15, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Brian

Ditto on Papa Smurf's reply.

July 15, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Edsr

You are a SICK fruit loop! Is that where you get YOUR catsup?

July 15, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Nono

You are a SICKO !

July 17, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Name

Mr. Ed, you're a d-bag. FOAD.

July 18, 2011 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  41. Phil

I don't think you'll have to worry. Judging by your frequency in posting you most likely are not receiving the proper amount of exercise required for an active life, thus, they won't drag, instead, they'll shrivel up further if they haven't already. Anna won't find them.

July 18, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |