'Harry Potter' stars 10 years later
July 14th, 2011

'Harry Potter' stars: Then and now

So have you heard? There's this little film called "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" opening tomorrow.

We kid, of course, because we're honestly not sure if it's even possible not to know about the Harry Potter crew picking up their wands one last time.

A decade has passed since "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" hit theaters, and the cast has grown up before our movie watching eyes. Take a look at how Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and the rest have transformed since we were first introduced to them in 2001.

1. theme

Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn. That is a very well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.

May 16, 2012 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. Juice

I am a 35 years old computer engineer and now I am seeking a nice woman for a stable relationship,so I got a username Alexwing432 on-Meetrich.C óM---it's the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it's worthy a try.The best part is that it's completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

August 16, 2011 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. Peace

@ Ken, I can her Klinger saying that, signing Sherman's name. (Forging his name I should say! Lol) "Sherman T. Potter" Loved MASH!!!

July 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Derek

It started out with a person name "Christian" bashing the HP movies and then people started bashing christianity in general. Its all in the old posts. But honestly, I thought the movies were great. They were all very well done and the author did a wonderful job of tying everything together from the other books and building to the great finally.

July 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @derek

Blah, blah, blah, where's your proof ? Oh that's right, "blind faith". What a joke. Your book is as much fiction as Harry Potter books are !

July 15, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Derek

First of all "Christian" is not like most christians. Who ever this person is, is way too judgmental. A real christian would try to not judge. No one is perfect and that includes you. And to the people who try and quote the bible to bash religion, stop taking one verse and posting it out of context. Take the time and actually study it instead picking one verse here or there. It is ment to be read as a whole, when done so it makes perfect sense. C.S. Lewis for instance (author of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe..a fantasy story based on christianity) started out as an atheist and tried to prove religion wrong but ended up become a christian by the time he was done. And now in regards to the movie. I am a christian and I absolutely love all of the HP movies. But "Christian", you give the rest of us a bad name. Don't judge what you are not worthy of doing. Only God is worthy of that sense no one is perfect. And that included you. So shut up and stop thinking your better than anyone because your not.

July 15, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lars Babaganoosh

Those two girls are fine.

July 15, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  8. @wasabipotpie

That was great! LMAO!!! To the christians, sounds like "he" is the biggest murderer ever! You really believe all that "man written" garbage in your good book? Funny, it came in a dream or when alone on some mountain, what a bunch of crap!

July 15, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. What ADifference

Wow! How Daniel has AGED! Was very surprised when I saw him. It's incredible if he is still in his early 20's. But can't say it's due to him having had a hard life.

July 15, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sara

Grew up with them, practically– I was 11 when they began filming. Realized it's the end of an era– it's been lovely. <3

July 15, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. WasabiPotPie

It amazes me how many Christians who grew up watching Disney films, Bewitched, read The Brothers Grimm books as well as countless other magical/fantasy books/movies are Anti-Harry Potter. You people are hypocrits and moronic.

July 15, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  12. WasabiPotPie

My god Thor has a hammer. Your god was nailed to a cross. Any other questions....

July 15, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. It's wrong

You knew Hermione was going to be hot.

July 15, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. JamesHarryson

To those of you "Christians" on here trying to "preach"....I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't have liked D-bags.

For those of you saying "Wicca" is a religion, Austria now recognizes Pastafarians who wear spaghetti strainers on their heads. Just because you call it a religion does mean the rest of us have to think it's normal.

July 15, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. Josh

One would think that Harry Potter could have conjured up a new set of glasses for himself, after all these years. Maybe even a set of contacts, you think?

July 15, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  16. JamesHarryson

I heard there is a TV Series coming out: Welcome Back Potter

July 15, 2011 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  17. justinthomas

in a country that is more than 90 percent chrisitan, someone should care; particularly the folks who make and promote the movie http://bit.ly/n9FMpU

July 15, 2011 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  18. John

Here in CA I saw the lines of kids waiting for the midnight show. It looked fun. I'm 25 years too late. !! Ughhhh

July 15, 2011 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  19. jose zaldivar

I just saw the movie. It was good and a good way to say goodbye. could it have been done differently? Sure....but enjoy the ride..in the end.....we were along for the ride for 10 years......Thank you Harry.

July 15, 2011 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  20. OneEyedGinger

I remember the first time i saw that one kid's ginger pubes in the deleted scenes disc one. that one chick is a skeezin and pleazin like nobody's biz! PRAISE HIS NAME! hit me up on f a i t h book. c o m, screen name "jesus nip"

July 15, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  21. Jason324

Christian, quit trolling and googling the bible.

July 15, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mr. O.

Christian, get a different screen name. You don't speak for anyone other than yourself. HP is a wonderful story of love, redemption, and the triumph over evil. Please go crawl back under your rock, while most of us normal Christians enjoy the story.

July 15, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • shelby

I completely agree. This person is a true example of the kind of religious who do nothing but hate. Christian here represents what Lord Voldemort is all about. Evil, hatred and bigotry. God represents love not hate. He wouldn't have created all these different people and species if we were all supposed to be the same.

July 15, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  23. nerp

Hey.... lets not be talkin 'bout god, y'all, or Imma beatcha!! Ha no not really I don't care. Movie looks cool though.

July 15, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  24. Anu

Seriously....

July 14, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Christian

I believe this should answer all my critics.

The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence. The LORD is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him. But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He pursues his foes into the darkness of night. (Nahum 1:2-8 NLT)

July 14, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heathen

Hahahahaha.
      Thanks for the great laugh.
      This just makes me glad I'm not like you!

July 15, 2011 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Laureth

You sound like a member of the Westboro Baptist Church.

July 15, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Another Christian

Christian, although I appreciate your zeal for God, your methods of evangelism and proselytizing leaves much to be desired. Jesus Christ was all about understanding, love, compassion, patience, kindness, forebearing, not judgment, bitterness, hatred, self-righteousness, and condemnation. Quoting Nahum is impressive, but perhaps you should be quoting simpler fare. John 3:16, 17 is the crux of all Christianity. "For God so LOVED the World, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did NOT send His Son into the World to condemn the World, but that the World through Him might be saved. Christianity is all about foregiveness, not judgment. You might want to spend some time considering that before the next time you decide to attack someone's socio-political-religious world view.

July 15, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
    • shelby

I got a godly message for you. Shut the ........ up. Continue to abuse your alcohol and drugs and stay off these message boards. I hate obsessed religious people. The world would have so many more better people in it if we simply didn't have religion but only spirituality.

July 15, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Lars Babaganoosh

I smoked a joint with Jesus. And yes that's with, not for. JC knows where to get the BOMB chronic.

July 15, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Jess

What in the h3ll does this have to do with Harry Potter? Are you complaining about the whole being a wizard is somehow against Christianity? Because I'm fairly sure they are born being wizards and learn to hone their powers and that actually has nothing to do with their chosen religion. That being said, IT'S A BOOK/MOVIE. Move along jackhole.

July 15, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • it's not alot

people who believe in god are so quaint. just kidding.
      to say the world would be better off without religion is a massive understatement.
      seriously, the world would be better off if more people believed in wizards...

July 15, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Tank

Christian: ur an idiot. Its a freakin movie.

July 14, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Kevin

To anyone hoping for a continuation, it's best to let it go while it's still on top. You wouldn't want to see the story jump the shark.

July 14, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  28. red foreman

nothing new needs to be added. wrap it up already!

July 14, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. jessi

I have read all the books and have seen all the movies except for Deathly Hallows Part 2 (hopefully I get to see it next week). I think it is a great story, and I am thankful that JK Rowling was blessed with the creativity to write it. There is nothing wrong with enjoying an awesome story. Reading is good for you.

July 14, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  30. JD

A prequel on Dumbledore or Snape would be a hit, so would an actual series on the history of Hogwarts mentioned in the books.

July 14, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Peter

Emma Watson is the perfect g/f every man dreamed off.

You go girl.

July 14, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  32. cat2010

This is so bittersweet. My kids love Harry Potter. I started reading the books to them and took them to all the movies. Harry, Hermione, and Ron, we will miss you!!

July 14, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • shelby

I am going to miss these movies and the characters too. I can't believe its been ten years already. We watched the kids of HP grow up before our eyes on screen. I love these movies because they are so original. Rowling is a genius. She even created her own wizard language. How many writers have actually made up sort of a different language.

July 15, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Brandon

In fact, lots of authors have decided their own languages. For example, Anthony Burgess developed the language used by the main character and his friends in A Clockwork Orange. Lots of authors do this on the scale that Rowling did or even greater. Nonetheless, it's heartfelt dedication to take your narrative that far to immerse a reader.

July 15, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  33. beans

They could have the continuing adventures of Hermione where she rebuilds Hogworts and they teach new kids magic. That would be a fun storyline. Or it could have all been a dream and they could now do different adventures.

July 14, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Dug

After 10 years of watching hp and graduating from harvard, i finally figured out the magic they have is not real! Its created with special effects. I am certain of this. They use computors i think to do this. However, My alumini buddies dont agree they have no time to look at facts they are to busy trying to figure out how to raise taxes in the white house.

July 14, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  35. edvhou812

It's Hah rey Pottah!

July 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  36. George

I just trying to figure out which one is hotter Hermonie Granger or Ginny Weasley!

July 14, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  37. T3chsupport

Emma Watson sure turned out to be one foxy fox.

July 14, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Icepick

Hmm, Harry Potter. Any relation to Jim and Stella Potter from Boston?

July 14, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Matthew

The "then" picture of Tom Felton/Draco is from the second movie. It's the scene where they're learning to duel. Why wasn't a picture from the first film used? He definitely looked younger to start with than what they show here.

July 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. dean

i am not a big fan of the HP series although in order to post comments i always go to see the movies, the story is ok but not enough action for me, deathly hallows was just too much camping, its ok to follow the books but something are better left out. I will go see part 2 but its not something i will own on blu ray.

July 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • gremlin

I'm guessing you haven't read much of the books from your comments. They leave out tons to be able to fit it into movie format. And the story suffers for it. There is a lot of camping in the seventh book and it's sort of important to the story. If you want testosterone laden action scenes, you really picked the wrong franchise.

July 14, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Robert

Harry Potter...JUNIOR!

July 14, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  42. jenn

How do u see the pictures? They never show when I open these links

July 14, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Check your browsers security settings. They may too high or update your flash plug in.

July 14, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  43. dumb-bill-door

Wow eriche2122x what are you a hufflepuff? Dduuuuhhhhh

July 14, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  44. erich2112x

They're like in their 40's now, right?

July 14, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • cmanastasia22

They're all in their early 20's.

July 15, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • shelby

Who is in their 40's? If you mean the cast they are in their 20's. People and their stupid jokes. I don't know why people who do not like movies, music whatever will waste their time commenting on everything they don't like just to annoy someone else. I hate the Saw Franchise with a passion and I question anyone who says they actually like it but I don't go around posting negative things under articles about it. I could care less.
      I will see the final HP tomorrow and I can't wait. I already know I'll love it.

July 15, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  45. Brad

The quesation is:
    Will JK Rowling keep the series open...to coninute story??? Time and $$$ will tell...

July 14, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

Hello, NONFAN. Rowling had already stated the story is done. It's finished. She doesn't have to work another day in her life. She will write other books and they will be non Harry books and they will sell or not, but she has enough money to last several lifetimes.

July 14, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edna.Shalev

If you know any history, you will see that the story is complete. Another one will have to follow some major world event, and a new generation, with a real issue that's not too similar to the HP subject. I love the series, but it's done. I don't think anything more would have been right. It would have been like continuing WWII indefinitely. Better not...

July 14, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

A good plot for another book finds Harry and Hermoine in their early 40's. There are those within the Ministry who desire to see the wizarding world come out and make itself known. It could be driven maybe by some disease that effects both muggles and wizards, but is fatal to most wizards and uncurable with magic. Harry and Hermoine are appraoched about leading the revealing since they have the experience of living part of their life as muggles. But guess what, there is a muggle faction that fears and envies the wizards and plots their demise. Harry, Ron, and Hermione end up leading the defense.

July 14, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maria

Hmm, don't know about that guys. I would love to learn more about the early days of the Order, or more about Lily's childhood and her sister. About Neville's family, or Dean's. There's so much rich stuff left. Very much looking forward to Pottermore.

July 14, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Rowling had already stated she is not excluding writing any further stories set in the Harry Potter world. But for only, It's finished.

July 15, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  46. Heathen

Sorry but it doesn't go against all religions. Get your facts straight, Wicca is a religion.

July 14, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Rebecca

Nice intolerant Christian words there, loser. Way to reinforce the whole hypocritical, close-minded religious stereotype :)

July 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  48. dft

Look at me! Im a Christian. DERPA DERPA DURR!!!!

July 14, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Doubtful

I don't know about this post–it doesn't ring sincere. I suspect "Christian" is conducting a false flag operation, using inflammatory language to discredit Christians. Just a hunch.

July 14, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Maria

"Christian," I assume then that if you're a woman, you wear your hair long, don't wear "men's clothing" (i.e. pants?), don't speak up in church. Yes, that's in the Christian religion – read your bible – specifically the stuff written by Paul, before you decide to hate. And, to support my own growth, please point me to scripture where Jesus tells us to judge and hate? I can only seem to remember something about not throwing stones and turning the other cheek...

July 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Gretchen

Then don't READ it. Simple as that.

July 15, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  52. Jack

I was going to fap...but after this I'm going to go throw up twice and take a nap.

July 14, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  53. bill

Hmm I know who i'll be dreaming about tonight....and yes I am "harry"

July 14, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. JamesHarryson

Doubtful- If you think someone is conducting an "operation" to discredit an entire religion on a f(*&#*ing Harry Potter blog on cnn.com, you're probably not very smart to begin with.

July 15, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |