Ted Danson joins cast of 'CSI'
July 13th, 2011

Ted Danson joins cast of 'CSI'

Laurence Fishburne has left the "CSI" building, and CBS is bringing in another veteran actor to replace him.

The network has announced that Ted Danson has signed on for Season 12 of the hit show.

According to a CBS press release "Danson will play the new CSI Supervisor for the grave shift after heading the crime lab in Portland. He comes to the team as they continue to grapple with the professional and personal fallout from last season's take-down of serial killer, Nate Haskell."

"You can create a new character on the page, but, until the perfect actor comes along and breathes life into it, it's just words," Carol Mendelsohn, the show's executive producer, said in a statement.  "We're very excited Ted Danson came along."

Danson is a multiple Emmy and Golden Globe award winner best known for his role as bar owner Sam Malone in the wildly successful NBC comedy "Cheers," which ended its run in 1993.

Since then, he has appeared in several projects, including the FX series "Damages" and HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

Danson will make his debut on "CSI: Criminal Scene Investigation" when the series returns on September 21.

« Previous entry
  1. Juicing Recipes

Thanks . I have been looking for something like this . Great information I will check back for more info related to juicing and recipes.

July 11, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lee Hawkins

I have been surfing on-line more than three hours nowadays, but I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It's lovely price sufficient for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the web will be much more helpful than ever before.

April 24, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Search and Find your friends

hello!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we be in contact more about your article on AOL? I need a specialist in this area to solve my problem. May be that is you! Taking a look ahead to look you.

April 4, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. debsafan

I love CSI, but can't see Ted Danson on the show at all. I think Jake Weber from Medium would have been a nice choice. He could just stand there and let me look at him. But still miss William Peterson. The show isn't the same without him.

August 19, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dee

Please, Please, Please, Please just bring back William Peterson. I stop watching the show after he left. He is the only one who can make this show a CSI classic. Please bring him back before the show gets taken off the air.....

July 14, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. lesliesmithy

I'm a big fan of Danson's but I can't see him in this role. CSI's writing has slipped lately too, loose scripts with sloppy detail so I don't think the show's got much more life in it no matter who's playing lead. http://bit.ly/mQZBiV

July 14, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cathy

Very interesting idea to cast Danson on CSI. He was TERRIFIC in DAMAGES - one of the all-time great villains.

July 14, 2011 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kraven

CSI cast :

Ted danson : meh.

Frasier and Niles Crane : Bring it !!

July 14, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. Neil

I think that by bringing Ted Danson to the show, the end is near!!!!

July 13, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobby

what a STUPID move,the guy is going to bomb..

July 13, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Enigma

That just ended my watching CSI – seems the same 'old' acrors / actress just go around and around and anyone new sucks. TV is reaching a real low.

July 13, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

A new low? You watch anything else besides this creaky old show? Turn the channel and see what else is out there. Regardless of any of these tired, decadeold CSIs, this has been called the "Second Golden Age of Television" - and I agree with that assessment 100%.

July 13, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. blessedgeek

Ted Danson - Cheers Boston - Shelley Long (the Money Pit !) - Kirstie Alley(debut in Star Trek.

Could we please go back to the rapless 80's when the music sounds more coherent. Aretha Franklin, Lionel Richie, Chicago, Toto, .... Africa by Toto

July 13, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. American Public

I love CSI but this show was over the minute Grissom left.

July 13, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ahh...

Really???

July 13, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jo

And I meant the network because of it's practices, not because of the show. I stopped watching that ages ago because Sarah's whining just got to me.

July 13, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jo

CBS can go kiss it's own a$$. I won't watch it anymore.

July 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Dave R.

I too am a fan of "CSI". But, I hope I can forget "Cheers" when I see Danson.

July 13, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  18. DebShoe

Sorry, Ted Danson is a terrible choice! No one will take him seriously. William Peterson really is the only man for the job!

July 13, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

You are all mean, talking like that about Kristie. You criticize Ted Danson, you might be surprise. You will just have to wait and see the next season of "CSI"...

July 13, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Marny

I'm going to say to Ted what most of you would've if it was Jacquelin Smith,You're to old!

July 13, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. DJ Drummond

When Fonzi jumped the shark, 'Happy Days' was dead.

Ted Danson on 'CSI' is proof that the show's run is over. Finito.

Good thing CSI New York never forgot what the show is about.

July 13, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jeffnbud

Ted Danson is an excellent actor and very versitile! Cheers was one of my all time favorite shows but did him no justice...I recommend watching the movies "Cousins" and "Dad" (2 of my favorites) if you don't believe me.

July 13, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. AshannaK

I'll give the guy a chance before I throw up.

July 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Snarky

Hmm... could've sworn he was dead.

July 13, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ringo

Why not just be done with it and cast Henry Winkler. The first show can be done on location in Hawaii....

(The ONLY person who could replace Peterson is Tim Curry. Same fans, different decade).

July 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. chloe

i will NOT watch this show anymore now. can't stand this "replacement" actor.

July 13, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Gail

Boy has CSI ever gone south!! It used to be a good show with William L. Petersen, but they started screwing things up with the different CSI spin offs. I used to watch CSI Miami, until they signed that LaRue thing, then I lost all interest.
    Ever since William Petersen left CSI, that show is become crap, attracting all the low-grade has been actors. How Danson.......you're kidding!!! Turst me, that won't last. The views will speak loud and clear on that one. I am glad that I stopped being a viewer of the program years ago.

July 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Glen Campbell

He will do fine........and leave Kirsty alone.....How shallow people can be

July 13, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. cpc65

Upon seeing his first murder victim lying in the back alley behind a bar. ~ "NOOOOORM!"

July 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  30. poppy

Grissom was, at best, a mediocre character. The problem is the rest of the cast. Bring in a new team headed by Danson. Now that would be an improvement.

July 13, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Skippy

@iago:
    Lol!

July 13, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Janie

Will they just cancel this show already?? I stopped watching after Grissom left. Twelve seasons is about four seasons too many.

July 13, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Chucklehead

You all watch way too many TV reruns. If you think all he ever did was Cheers and Becker, you need to get out more. Check out Body Heat and Saving Private Ryan to name a few. He's done alot of serious non-comedic rolls in his very long career. All I know is Fisburne sucked eggs on this show and ruined it for me.

July 13, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  34. jeff

I wonder if the character will also have hair implants.

July 13, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Anne

Fishburne was just awful, totally wooden, couldn't wait for him to leave (was so disappointed when he didn't die when stabbed a few seasons ago). I haven't seen Ted Dansen since Cheers, so I'm not sure how he will fare in this show. But, boy, has his face aged for the worse, and those are really ugly glasses.

July 13, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. anna

Fishburne was terrible!

If we cant have Grissom I think Mark Harmon from NCIS would be an excellent choice for this part.

July 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Chris

First case he will be on is to investigate the death of Shelly Long's career.

July 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Dirty Joe

People still watch CSI?

I used to love the show, but as they ran out of credible ideas, the stories just kept getting more and more far fetched.

When Peterson left the show died. I still love the reruns of the early shows. Great stuff.

July 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  39. alijeanne

i think the show may "Jump the Shark" with this decision
    Its a great show but it hasnt been the same since William Peterson left.

July 13, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Batman

Nate Haskell murdered that show. He was a stupid character and took up too much time. I found it really annoying and totally sympathize with Fishburne for walking.

July 13, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. MRGRK

well there goes that show.

July 13, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Kathy

For those of you who are skeptical, check out the work he did on season one of "Damages." He is more than up for the part. I think this is a great casting decision!

July 13, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Name*monique

they just lost another fan

July 13, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Timme62

With or without the toupee?

July 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  45. elwash

I like Fishburn, but never thought he was a good choice for this part. He never quite fit in. The whole team has lost its cohesiveness since the departure of Peterson. If Peterson isn't in the running to return to the show, and Danson isn't the guy to jumpstart the show, then I fear it will will not make it this season.

July 13, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Frank

Sam should do fine... just don't bring that fat, dancing cow along!

July 13, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  47. 2bits

A comedian to replace a grissly role model (Grissom).

What a joke.

July 13, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • KVal

For those of you who are labeling him a comedian, you might want to check out his more dramatic work. He's more than just the guy from Cheers. Did any of you see him on FX's "Damages?" He did an amazing job of playing a very dark and troubled character (and won some awards in the process). He's a talented dramatic actor and IMO very well suited for this show.

July 13, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Puffinmoose1

"Becker" was the funniest show ever. The scripts were brilliant. Cheers was great, I got so tired of "Diane".

July 13, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Woody

LOOSE THOSE GLASSES, TED!

July 13, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  50. CSI Fan

I like Fishburne. He played "Ray" very well. But the storyline makes it very difficult to continue the character. I also want to complement the actor who played Haskell – he was excellent in that part. While I'll take a wait-and-see- stand on Danson, I'd much prefer persuading Pertersen to return to the Grissom part.

July 13, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Gisabun

Didn't care for Fishbourne's character but Danson? Has he done much in this type of genre [police/drama]?

July 13, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  52. mcg

Have you people seen him in Bored to Death? He is brilliant in that show. I don't watch CSI but I think he will do a great job.

July 13, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  53. John

Cancel CSI: New York and bring in Gary Sinese to head up the original CSI show. You can say Detective Mac Talyor was getting burn out heading New York's CSI team and might even have a mysterious sub-plot on way he is now in Vegas. Ted Danson is a good actor I just can't see him as an CSI agent.

July 13, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  54. sophie

Poor choice. No one can replace William Petersen so they should stop trying. The downhill slide continues.....

July 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  55. cp

Brilliant casting choice!!!
    Loved WIlliam Peterson
    Liked Laurence Fishburn
    but I think Ted is the next best thing to Grissom

July 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Marjee

I have seen him play serious roles and I think he will fit in fine. I for one liked "Ray" better than "Grissom". He is an excellent actor.

July 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. the truth about bachmann

Michele Bachmann's husband, Marcus Bachmann, calls gays "barbarians". He tries to "cure" them in his Christian counseling clinic which, by the way, accepts medicaid payments from the gov't.

July 13, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marjee 123

What's this got to do with Ted Danson joining CSI, I'm confused.

July 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikel

First of all, if they choose to be cured, then shut up – it's their choice...

Second, you're an idiot for even posting this on a article about a tv show....

July 13, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • bachmanntwit

@ mikel... I think it's time you had a seat in the STFU cafe. Someone will be with you shortly.

July 13, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jannynet

Love Ted Danson! The program was getting very dark and grim. Even though the subject matter isn't happy, I didn't think it should have gotten so grim. Maybe I'll start watching again.

July 13, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  59. jourrite7

They should make his character an Albino! A little powder, pink contact lenses, light sensitivity playing a part..it would really be cool!!

July 13, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  60. FLGirl

I don't think this will work. I haven't watched regularly since Grissom left. FIshburne may be a good actor but he was horrible in CSI. His personality/character was a flat line, like David Caruso and Gary Sinise. They need someone with some eccentricities to make it interesting like Grissom did. Because Grissom left, I have since gotten hooked on NCIS. Love Mark Harmon. He's aged alot better than Danson.

July 13, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  61. svann

Get Charlie Sheen to do it!

July 13, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  62. Gary Cardinale

DUH! What's lacking is any storylines with tension between Catherine and another woman on the team. It used to be between her and Jorja Fox. BUT, bring back Sophia (Louise Lombard)and you increase the male viewer interest immediately and have an opportunity to backstory the power struggle between her and Catherine. This would satisfy the contingents who 1. want former cast members to return 2. use a lesser known actor 3. use more women in the feature roles 4. have someone "believable" in the role.

July 13, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  63. edvhou812

It looks like this poor soul was run over by a driver who spent a little too much time at "Cheers." YEEEEEAAHHHHHHHH!

July 13, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  64. Tony

Making it even more difficult is the fact that CSI is moving to 10pm.
    I'll have to be watching it on demand.

July 13, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  65. readees-digest-tv-critic

Do you like sweet or sour pickles?

July 13, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  66. COS Girl

Can't wait! I have watched him over the years, and I believe that he'll do a great job

July 13, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  67. moderateray

Cheers aside, Danson has had a wide and varied acting career. His serious roles have been excellent and his "dark side" is chilling. Don't discount the possibility of the CSI writers including some pretty interesting subplots for his character.

July 13, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  68. emma

Interesting casting, I may actually start watching.

July 13, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  69. mikel

"Tell you what, Carla. If dating the playboy twins affects my upcoming marriage to Diane and my major league comeback, I'll sell the bar and join CSI...."

July 13, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  70. Ken in NC

Bring Grissom back and I will return. I like Ted D. but the problem is where would you locate the bar in the CSI Offices?

July 13, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  71. Melanie

Love him on Bored to Death on HBO with Jason Schwartzman and Zack Galifinakis. He's a main character on that show – will he still be on it? Did they cancel Bored to Death? Bored to Death is an underated show that people should watch. Like Arrested Develpment once was. I "highly" recommend.

July 13, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  72. trl the alligator

this dude is gay to the bone....just sayin.

July 13, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  73. Marie

This is Great News– Proves that older, more experienced folks are still Useful... It sure makes Me feel better.
    Thanks Ted.

July 13, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  74. Wudgie

CSI has steadily gone down hill, but this means they have reached a precipice. Off my list of programs to watch.

July 13, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  75. Lamar

As far as I’m concerned the show went downhill with that Nate Haskell story line. Now they need to try and recover from that! But Ted Danson? He’s kind of type casted if you ask me. The show has never been the same without Grissom.

July 13, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  76. Brian DC

Ted Danson is to TV shows as Diane Keaton is to movies, you know that when either one of them are cast that the show/movie will flop. I chalk this up to ted's extreme lack of judgement in picking women to date, particulary the talentless beast Whoopi Goldberg.

July 13, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • dangram

You really are living in the past!! Do you realize how long ago he was with Whoppee Goldberg?? He and his present wife have been married a very long time.

July 13, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • N.O.

Wow. How did you manage to make this about Whoopi and your opinion of her? Having some focus problems?

July 13, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

Um....he didn't date Whoopie Goldberg....he married her! Though they are now divorced. I'm willing to watch it before I comment.

July 13, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emily

@Susan-Canada Whoopi and Ted had an affair that led to the breakup of HIS marriage at the time, but they were never married to each other

July 14, 2011 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  77. Me

CSI is still on the air?

July 13, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  78. carolae

I always enjoyed watching Danson in his various comedy roles; however, will hold off on commenting with regards to his latest role. He's an excellent actor and I know will do an excellent job; however, it will be an adjustment seeing him play a serious part. Am looking forward to the season premier as I love CSI....in fact, all of them.

July 13, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  79. phearis

well ................. I'm done

July 13, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  80. Loopman

Wow!! CBS must really be desperate to keep this show on the air for another season. Fishbourne was a disappointment. I expected him to bring a whole new dynamic to a seemingly anemic cast. He brought more of the same old, same old that has come to represent CSI. Ted was a good actor, while he had a dynamite supporting cast around him on Cheers, but with the death of Coach and the spinoffs for all of the other supporting characters, you see what happened to that show. Ted couldn't carry the load and I don't think he's gained that much more credibility since to indicate that he can do it now. JMHO.

July 13, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  81. RJM

Interesting choice. It will be a different role for him since the days of Cheers and Becker, both of which I enjoyed.

July 13, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  82. OldGoat

CSI hasn't been the same since Grissom left—he WAS the story. Laurence Fishburne is a lackluster actor by comparison. If Marg Helgenberger abandons CSI, so will I.

July 13, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

She supposedly already left or will be leaving very early next season.

July 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Nitzi

I disn't see anything wrong with Fishburn, The writers make the stories, they need to make it interesting.

July 13, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Blaming the writers for Morpheus's departure? No matter how well something is written if the actor doesn't fit, he/she doesn't fit. Fish has been great in many things, but not CSI.

July 13, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  84. gpangie

I tried to give Laurence a chance, but with Grissom gone, CSI was never the same. I don't watch it anymore... not sure about Ted Danson... won't be watching, but wish him luck anyway.

July 13, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  85. ALL4SVH

I don't necessary agree with this decision at all. What happened with considering the master mind from Law and Order: Criminal Intent? Regardless who you go with, NO ONE will be able to fill Grissom's shoes.

July 13, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  86. JIll

This is going to be fantastic! Ted Dansen is an amazing acter who can be believable in any role. Loved Laurence Fishbourne but it was a VERY dark season. can't wait until September!

July 13, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  87. Larry

Haven't watched since Grissom left. I love Laurence Fishburne, but it just didn't seem to be CSI without Grissom. I'm guessing that Danson will be the "Jump the Shark" moment.

July 13, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • iago

The 'Patron Saint of Shark Jumping', Ted McGinley, must have been busy

July 13, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Moss

I have really no idea why I am reading this (watched a few CSIs back in the Grissom days), but have to admit the Ted McGinley comment was funny as hell.

July 13, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  88. strawberybud

not a good decision...are they trying to cause the downfall of the show??

July 13, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  89. BadChoice

Bad Choice – CSI has gone down hill since Grissom left – May be last season for CSI

July 13, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • abby

I agree. The series has not been the same. I would have preferred an "unknown" as well - allows more opportunity for an actor to really create and inhabit the character....

July 13, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  90. Susan Henry

I agree with Andy, an unkown should be cast. I am getting to the point that I don't want to watch TV

July 13, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  91. Kris

LOVE Ted Danson, but not sure about the role. It's gonna be either REALLY weird or REALLY great. Hoping for the latter. Writers better step it up!

July 13, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  92. d

I very much liked the Laurence Fishburne character. He added quite another great personality to the show when Grissom left. Ted Danson is a very weak actor. I just cannot imagine him fitting into the CSI: Miami group. Bring Laurence back, I say.

July 13, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • AC

Bring Fishburne and Peterson back! Why have one awesome character, when you can have two?

July 13, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • jk

well that makes ONE vote.....

July 13, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Locode

This isn't CSI Miami. It's the Vegas one.

July 13, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • @d

You've quite obviously never seen the show, have you?

July 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda Lane

I agree on LF, the best character ever on CSI, such depth, such exxperience, such a powerful presence.. damn he was good.. and so missed... and now Ted Danson a total "dork" and so boring, not a fit for CSI, in any way, shape or form. a total embarassment. CBS why?

October 28, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Debbie

Danson is the perfect actor, indeed.
    He was perfect in Damages. I'm not sure people realize how versatile and compelling he is in every role. (I've been a fan of his ever since seeing him in "Body Heat") I guess I'm going to have to start watching CSI now.I haven't watched it in a long time.

July 13, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Sheila Harley

Totally agree.

July 13, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • cdeu_220

I agree totally – Ted is really a talented actor and will do well.

July 13, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Sweater Girl

Would have to agree that Ted Danson was fab in Damages! Can't wait to see how his character plays out in CSI....

July 13, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherie

I think Ted Danson will do well on CSI. He is a very good actor and should not be viewed as a comedian only. He is much more diverse than that. Of course no one fits the show like William Petersen did. His character, his portrayal of the character, the story lines – all perfect. I'm glad Marge Helgenberger is reducing her role. I'm just not to fond of her acting or the role written for her. LOL just had a thought – can you imagine Hugh Laurie on CSI?

July 13, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  94. michaelfury

Why not do an episode about Barry Jennings?

July 13, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  95. prads

isn't he too good for a stupid serial like CSI....

July 13, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  96. bluemax77

Cheers...!

July 13, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  97. Andy

Very bad decision. He has too much acting baggage and will not be believable in the roll of a CSI. Should have gone with an unknown.

July 13, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • d

I wholeheartedly agree!

July 13, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • jkj

agree.... that is a particular roll, and no one will replace Grissom.. need to bring back all the original team... it has been a very weak show since they got rid of the two major players...writing isn't that great any more either...

July 13, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • prissy2wyo

I agree – they should bring back the old crew...I've stopped watching it – the writing is awful with their stupid puns and comments....there characters have gotten too snotty – use to could watch and at least get a laugh every now and then but all the characters are way too serious. I enjoy watching CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. They've lost the

July 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

What negative, glass-is-half-full nellies. Why not give the guy a chance,, see how he does after a few shows, and THEN trash the casting decision if he sucks?

July 13, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  98. roxanneroxanne

Good hair, Ted . . . .

July 13, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  99. erich2112x

But his face has turned into a banana bicycle seat.

July 13, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  100. marianne

i think he'll do great!

July 13, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • lizzy31

I think so too. And I don't think his best role was with Cheers; I think his best was John Becker! He was great on that show!!!

July 13, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  101. daniel

is he still going to work at the cheers bar too ? lots of people are having to take on 2 jobs these days.

July 13, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • steeve-o

They should bring Woody Harrelson on as his sidekick. That would be some entertainment.

July 13, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • veggiedude

Kirsty Alley would be a better sidekick. If she can lose a few more pounds that is.

July 13, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Suze83468

I don't know about this decision

July 13, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Dyson

Yeah I am a little hesitant as well. I was excited for Lawrence, but he was sort of a disappointment for me. I will just have to wait and see.

July 13, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • jk

agree,, Danson is very type cast.... Fishburn was awful..... and Wm Petersen is still the only one for the job... pay him what it will take and bring him back....

July 13, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • bailoutsos

Will his character be a white actor playing a black actor?

July 13, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • @jk

@jk – William Peterson is an Executive Producer of the show. I'm guessing if he wanted the big bucks, he'd write himself a check.

July 13, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Conan the Librarian

is he going to be a stand in for a cadaver? while a nice guy he is going to be DOA on this gig
      he has no serious acting ability he is best at supporting real actors and being a bleeding liberal for causes no ratiponal human being gives a hoot about
      maybe he can get a gig being Charlie Sheen's dad on his new show
      time for last call on his career at Cheers
      Cliff and Norm should be added to the CSI roster would have included Kristy but they would have to widen the studio doors so she could get to the set I suppose they could as her to hang around if they need some shade for a particular scene hope they have the wide angle lens

July 13, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • SKORPI057

So Danson will play the "grave shift supervisor", because the last time I checked Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) is the "night shift supervisor". Dr. Raymond Langston (Laurence Fishburne) wasn't a supervisor he was a CSI Level 2. Not sure why the show doesn't put a female lead in the show. Are they doing this just for the ratings which went down after Grissom left.

July 13, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@SKORPI057

"The contract for "CSI's" other high-profile star, Marg Helgenberger, also expired in May but she is expected to return to the drama next season - albeit in an abbreviated way.
      She told People earlier this year she's planning to do only "a few episodes" next season."

They will probably have to replace both of them. Danson is the big name, so that's why the story is about him. The fact that he's male has nothing to do with it, and I find it kind of amusing, in a pathetic sort of way, that you bring gender into the question anyway. They need big name talent, they think, and they're trying to do it on the cheap.

July 13, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave R.

I too am a fan of "CSI". But, I hope I can forget "Cheers" when I see Danson.

July 13, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laurie

Anyone who doubts Ted Danson's range should go back and watch the first season of Damages. The guy is brilliant. CSI is lucky to get him.

July 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laurie

p.s. And let's not forget Body Heat.

July 13, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

We shall see. As far as I'm concerned, Grissom cannot be replaced.

July 13, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

what, is CSI a sitcom now?

July 14, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • JimiJoni

Perhaps there going to use him as a cadaver or corpse for murder scenes?

July 14, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • GenevaHd

Ted needs to go back to CHEERS, ....CSI he is NOT

September 27, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  103. OldGoat

And exactly how would you know this?

July 13, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  104. bachmanntwit

"He that doth protest too loudly..."

July 13, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |