Rupert Grint on kissing co-star Emma Watson: Yuck
July 12th, 2011

Rupert Grint on kissing co-star Emma Watson: Yuck

Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger might have romantic feelings for one another, but the actors who play them certainly do not.

Rupert Grint and Emma Watson - who say they’ve developed a sibling-like relationship after working together for the past decade - weren’t looking forward to the time when their characters finally got together on the big screen.

The pair’s passionate kiss in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2,” out Friday, was awkward to film, and even more awkward to watch, Grint tells MTV.

“It was a tricky one, because it had to be believable,” he said. “We had to look like we wanted to do it, when in reality we really didn't. We were soaking [in the scene], and that kind of made it a little bit easier, I think, because it was kind of this outburst of adrenaline.”

About four takes later, Grint said he was happy to erase the scene from his memory.

“The only good side to it was the fact that we were both in the same boat,” an equally weirded-out Watson told MTV in 2009.

“We were both just like, ‘Oh my God, I can't believe we have to do this. This is so awkward. Really awkward,’ ” she said, noting it was her first on-screen smooch. “So I could take comfort in the fact that Rupert felt the same way. We were both giggling. We were like 12-year-olds. We were like giggling children, where you just couldn't keep it together.”

Are you looking forward to seeing Ron and Hermione’s kiss in the flick?

Post by:
Filed under: Harry Potter • movies

1. меха

I do not even understand how I ended up here, however I thought this post used to be great. I do not recognize who you are however definitely you're going to a famous blogger should you are not already. Cheers!

April 6, 2013 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  2. windows vista 32 bit

Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. This is a very smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

May 15, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rex Remes

Who really cares?

August 4, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sham Wow

I think Rupert grew into a very handsome young man, and all this Ginger business is a form of bullying and prejudice.

August 2, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Daniel Radcliff

He didn't like it because he's gay.

August 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Brandy

They're both adorable.

July 31, 2011 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. the_dude

Feeling weird about kissing a hot girl......you may be gay

July 25, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ituri

Feeling weird about kissing a girl you see as a sister... you may be normal.

July 31, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dan

I saw the movie....I didn't know that was in the story, and when they did kiss, it was in the most strange part of the movie, which I thought was stupid, and it WAS akward to watch! All of the sudden these two were drenched then turned uncomfortably and kissed. It looked silly, forced, and unnecessary in the film.

July 21, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • yomama

most strange. you can't seem to talk goodly enough. he is obviously crazy for not enjoying it. she is the prettiest girl in the films. i'd marry her

August 2, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bkt

He'd rather be kissing a bloke.....jus sayin

July 21, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  10. nancy

i wish jk rowlings would start a series of books based on hermiones character. young ladies would buy millions of copies. it is nice there is a good positive role model for girls. hermione and emma watson are the best.

July 13, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ms.Abby

Evel Knievel someone obviously like gingers because I see them all day at work,most of the men at least are very arrogant.

July 13, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  12. Peace

Hey Evel! I want to see what Ron & Hermione's kids look like!

July 13, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  13. Peace

Hey Evil! I want to see what Ron & Hermione's kids look like!

July 13, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. jon

It really would have been more realistic if they wrote me into the story and I got to kiss Emma. Then we could have gotten married and rebuilt Hogworts. That would have been awesome !

July 13, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. kenny

She should be kissing Harry. Not the red haired guy. Harry and Hermione would make a good couple. JK Rowling should have written it so that happened. Plus it should have had a happy ending. After a zillion books and 5 or 6 movies it seems like she would have at least given that to the fans.

July 13, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Emily

obviously you've never read the books.

July 14, 2011 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Yes every single thing must always follow all stock Hollywood tropes right? Heaven forbid anything have a shred of bucking the trend.

July 20, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Read people

As emi.y pointed out...you obviously never read teh books. Ron and Hermion end up married with kids...its in the book

August 2, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally

I agree that Harry and Hermione made a better couple but it is JKR's creation. You can always read fanfiction - some of it is written better than JKR's books (although to be honest, most is not) and you can find any pairing (or more) that suits your fancy, both during their Hogwarts years and after.
      If you like Harry and Hermione you can find novel sized fanfictions that will delve into this possible relationship. You can find writers that concentrate on analyzing Harry's abuse as well (I find that facinating as JKR glosses over it). Just do a google search on "fanfiction recommendations Harry Hermione" and you will likely get something good, and possibly high quality.

August 4, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. monkey

They should have let me be Ruperts stand in or stunt double. I would have smooched with sweet Emma Watson all day long. She is a genuine cutie.

July 13, 2011 at 6:02 am | Report abuse |
  17. WII.P3

I'm not going to see the movie for the kissing,but they have been friends for a long time.They've been through hell and back many times,what's wrong with that.When the first book came out I was younger than they were since then i've hopefully matured a bit and have defiantly have had my first kiss.

July 13, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  18. @Evel

Get a life sap head. Nobody cares what you have to say.

July 12, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • franklin delanore roosevelt

hahaha i agree 100% with Evel, nobody likes gingers, thinking about kissing one of them makes me sick to my stomach

July 13, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
    • JL

@FDR – Good for you – that means more for me!

July 21, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • maryp

So evel and FDR, you obviously don't have red hair yourself, your just naturally ugly

August 4, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Tangie

I've never done a guy with red carpet,but he's cute i'd give it a go.

July 12, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. kchan

I would not see the movie just to see the kiss. I agree with the actors : kissing is not part of their relationship. I might see the movie because it is the last of the sequels,but I do not care about the kissing scene. I do not think that it is necessary. It detracts from their real relationship.

July 13, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  21. CEW

My daughter and I are gingers, and neither of us ever had any problems in the kissing area. Oh.... you mean redheaded MEN, don't you? Doesn't matter. Women like them just fine, too.

July 28, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  22. Ginger

Yeah, that might be because we "Gingers" have way better uses for our tongues... The redder the head the better in...

August 1, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Matt

OK, don't let anybody give you any S*#T about that remark, it was funny as hell.

August 4, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. sockpuppet

nah it's easier because you don't have to look at eachother

August 4, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Rex Remes

I really don't think you quite got Ginger's comment.

August 4, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |