LiLo in 'Carrie' remake? Sissy Spacek can see it
July 12th, 2011

LiLo in 'Carrie' remake? Sissy Spacek can see it

Stephen King has already remarked that he thinks it would be "fun" to cast Lindsay Lohan as the lead in a remake of "Carrie," and now original “Carrie” star Sissy Spacek says that she’s not opposed to it either.

"I read about it and I was very flattered because they ran a picture of me and of Lindsay Lohan," Spacek told NextMovie over the weekend while promoting her movie “The Help.”

"I was like, 'Oh my God, she's really a beautiful girl' and so I was very flattered,” she goes on. “I was also flattered that they were casting someone to look like me instead of the real Carrie described in the book. It's gonna be real interesting."

The reports that Linds could wind up getting doused in pig's blood on film began back in May, after it was announced that playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa had been hired by MGM and Screen Gems to spin another take on Stephen King’s story.

The book was originally adapted in 1976, depicting telekinetic teen Carrie and the revenge she takes after high school bullies take things too far at prom.

According to TMZ, Lindsay Lohan's up for the part if it should be offered, citing unnamed sources that claim she's "stoked" King brought up her name and thinks that working on the project "would be epic."

Casting agents for "Carrie," what say you?

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan • movies

1. Superhiro

Hollywood remake #29 from Hollywood so far this year.

July 13, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. CARL DAIGREPONT

But, they already remade it!
    But seriously...the only interesting thing they could do is set it in a black school.

July 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane Dumestre

Carl Daigrepont...please join us at facebook group "Anything Goes Restaurant Alumni" Your friends miss you and there's a photo of you, as the devil. Remember that you used to carry your tray through the restaurant announcing "Hot Stuff Coming Through! And I don't mean the food."

October 11, 2013 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. so what

Sissy should play the mother part, i bet she could do it as well as piper did.
    i think lilo could do the part as well as have hayden P play chris

July 13, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Alex

I was gonna say, based on that picture of her, she'd be better suited to play the Piper Laurie role. YIKES!!!

July 13, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. Peace

Ruin a great movie w/Lilo? Yikes! Yes Mad, she looks waaay to old to play a teenager!

July 13, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. Terrapintexan

If they're going to do it, they better make it soon. Lohan's aging at twice the normal rate.

July 12, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Evel Knievel

As long as they show her sweet, sweet cans I'll go see it.

July 12, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Måd Råp3r

LiLo is way too old looking to play a teenager anymore.

July 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • tcbc2011

Time in the slammer will do that to you. I can't wait for the pig's blood scene either.

July 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. kaysee anthony

but she didnt murder any 2 year old girl. i hope nancy grace gets all those mean bad guys.

July 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. beguiled

Sissy Spacek is one of the best actresses ever, and she is still amazingly youthful and lovely.

July 12, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Lovely? She's starting to look like a Dr. Seuss character.

July 12, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

And I'm sure YOU'RE as lovely as can be juju, a real masterpiece. I can tell your very ugly inside! But take black heart, you're not alone. Just read.

July 13, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Karen

I wholeheartedly agree, beguiled. =)

January 30, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jujubeans

gotta be wearing a thin dress when they douse her in pig's blood.

July 12, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LoJenkins

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBKcKSqi5Xg&w=640&h=390]

July 12, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. kaysee anthony

LILO is almost as big a skaaank ho as I am. She hasnt killed off any babies yet but give her some time. She might even attain my level of b!tchdom with practice.

July 12, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jose' renaldo

Plus everyone already sees LILO as a bully or bull dyyyykke.

July 12, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jose' renaldo

She would be absolutely perfect as Chris. Extra sluuuuttty and big hoooters.

July 12, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jose' renaldo

LILO is too skaannkky for that role. She needs to play the part of Chris Hargenson the lead bully girl.

July 12, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Fabio

I hope they make it in 3D

July 12, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Newo

they insist on making everything 3-D as of late, i'm sure this will be no exception.

July 12, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jillmarie

Her daughter, Schyler Fisk would actually be perfect (she's been in movies like Orange County). Lindsay Lohan is a terrifically talented actress- but let's face it- a train wreck. Can the studio affors the risks- and insurance- it would take to have her in the movie?
    That said, she'd be great in the role, and maybe make people notice her acting ability once again. Either way- it's a cool idea IMO to remake the movie- I'd definately watch it.

July 12, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

No kidding! I'd heard the name, but didn't realize that was her daughter. I just adore he, I think she's amazing. And I agree. It's truly every other week we;re hearing about a movie that that they're looking to put this chick into, and then something happens. (Usually jail) As with Charlie (Everyone knows, Sheen) the blood test every day or other, however they do it, because she will have to sign a drug contract,with her past would just make me nervous. That could cost the production a ton if they had to shut down while she's in jail-rehab.

July 13, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |