'3rd Rock' actress gets in flight feud with Nadya Suleman
July 11th, 2011

'3rd Rock' actress gets in flight feud with Nadya Suleman

Mother of 14 Nadya Suleman seems to have ruffled a few feathers when she flew from New York to Los Angeles on Friday.

Suleman, who made a trip to the "Today" show on Friday, was flying back home from the Big Apple with her kids in business class when passengers found themselves stuck with a two-hour delay waiting for take off.

"3rd Rock from the Sun" actress Kristen Johnston happened to be in first class on the same flight, and according to TMZ, left her seat and exchanged words with Suleman over how her kids were behaving.

Johnston reportedly asked the famed mom to quiet her brood, to which Suleman is said to have responded, "How would you like me to keep eight 2-year-olds quiet?" Johnston reportedly told her, "Get more help."

Suleman's rep adds to E!, "They had an altercation and Kristen got off the plane and never returned. While Nadya had help from her friend and two older children, it's not easy to travel with one two-year-old let alone eight two-year-olds on a plane. She did the best anyone could."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Mommy of a Two Year Old

I'm no Suleman fan but keeping one two year old quiet during a flight is impossible let alone 8 – 2 year olds.....While I don't agree with her having so many kids at one time, I can say that flying with a toddler is hard. I just went through it myself and I was going insane keeping the baby in his own seat. I say that if she had first class tickets then there's absolutely nothing anyone can do but wear earphones. Kids will be kids no matter how hard you try to calm them down. Shame on Kristen Johnson. I think she acted more like a kid walking off the plane.......

August 4, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Al

Are you kidding me??? Kristen Johnston had every right to complain to Octonut about her screaming kids. She was also was the ONLY SANE person on the flight... She got off the plane while she could. Having to endure two hours of torture BEFORE a transcontinental flight would have been inhumane!

August 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. The Dude

Kristen Johnston can body slam me anytime she wants.

August 4, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mt

Kids can't help themselves, adults can... SO SIT DOWN AND STFU KRISTEN, WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU HAD A JOB ANYWAY...YOU'RE A NOBODY! OH AND NADYA YOU'RE ALSO A NOBODY , GET SOME HELP AND STFU I HAVE NO PITY FOR YOU! God bless those little kids...

August 4, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sky

The blame for this goes to "The Today Show". Why in the world did they give this mother more publicity and free airline tickets to New York? i assume they gave her hotel expenses too. What a waste of money! I usually love the show, but I would be on "Good Morning America," in a heart beat if i saw this woman on the show.

August 4, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Frank Mondana

It is common practice to book guests into 1st or business class. However, as I do when traveling for work, trading a 1st class ticket for coach and pocket the money is an option. This is acceptable in my line of work just as changing a ticket to stay longer or fly to a different location is fine as long as I pay any difference.

She could have done the same and pocketed a few thousand dollars. Since she is cash strapped this could have given her some breathing room. I suspect however that if anyone suggested this to her it wasn't something she wanted to do. 1st class probably made her fantasize about being Angelina Jolie for a few hours.

August 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Don't Like OCTOMOM!!!

I cannot stand Octomom. I think she ought to be refused service in any public place such as a restaurant or grocery store or pharmacy – especially if she has those whinning kids in tow......I completely agree with the Pennsylvania restaurant for banning kids from eating there. I think more restaurants ought to do the same thing. If I want to enjoy a meal out, I do not want to be bother by some crying baby – Remember your little darling may be the center of your world but he or she is not welcome in mine – LEAVE THEM HOME!!!!!

August 2, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. fal

If you have more than 2 children don't fly business class... and if you do you need more help. If two years olds are so much trouble (and they are) you should be courteous enough to have enough help. Simple as that. Seriously, 3 people (one of them a child) is not enough help; it's practically 1 to 4 and those aren't fair odds for anyone. Having kids should be left for those smart enough to handle it. And if you can't handle your 8 2 years olds WHY DID YOU HAVE 8 TO BEGIN WITH YOU DAFT COW. It's hard enough having 1 two year old

August 2, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

>fal, so you make the laws on who should and shouldn't be flying in business now? hahahahah Nadya has every right to fly with ALL children if she pleases.

August 5, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. OnePointFive

Hilarious. I guarantee 99% of these comments are from people who don't have children of their own. No compassion whatsoever. No understanding. And all these people destroying the character of someone they don't even know. Embarrassing. Johnston looks like a moronic brat. Can you imagine the positive PR she would have received if she had actually helped? And I love all the people saying that "parents need to be told when their kids are misbehaving." Uh...no, they don't. I love that Nadya asked Johnston how she'd propose she keep the kids quiet. She probably just snorted and stomped away or dropped a "Do you know who I am?!" on her. Pathetic.

August 1, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Constance

Compassion my A%* she should not have had all those kids. COMPASSION BE D#%&@(!!!!!!! Since she will not control and she lets them talk to her any old kind of way. STAY HOME!!!!! We don't want to see them or her.

July 31, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. sieben

She should have taken a train with her 8 kids or perhaps found a way to sedate them.

Disgusting. Yes, I feel sorry for the kids.

July 29, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

Oh please Sieben you post you "feel sorry for the kids" right after you say they should have be sedated!!! Those kids have just as much right to be on that plane as anyone else. The Today show set it up to make Nadya look like she isn't incontrol of her children. That wasn't fair of them to place all the little one's in that huge open area and expect them to sit like grown ups. They wanted drama and to make Nadya look bad. And as far as the older daughter helping out, well, that's what families do they help each other. I wish her well

August 5, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Prosecute Octomom

Octomom should be banned from all public life. She should not be allowed in a restaurant or public place. She is the same class of person as Tot Mom and should be hounded and treated with the same level of disgust and outrage as Casey Anthony will the rest of her life. Everybody around her ought to try and make her life as hard or harder than it is now. The kids should be taken away from her and she should have to forage on the streets and dumpsters for her food. She is a NOBODY and deserves nothing but CONTEMPT and DISGUST.

July 28, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. SteveF

Forget the idiot Mom, forget the kids... Airlines offer an amenity called "Business Class". There are certain rules and expectations that go with it. When someone forks over 3 to 4 times the price to purchase a seat in Business Class, it is with the expectation that the environment will be ... um ... business-like!! I travel in business class often for work, and my expectation is the same. I like a comfortable, quiet environment to travel in, without the hassles of screaming babies, kids running up and down the aisle, high-school dropouts throwing trash in the aisle, etc.

I'm with Kristen. And I've done the same on a couple flights when I just couldn't take it anymore, and the flight attendants were too busy eating/hiding in the galleys.

I think the only thing I do differently is I go back to the flight attendants to have THEM be the mean ones. It is, after all, their job to enforce the rules and expectations of Business Class, not mine.

July 28, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. IA Mom of 5

I agree that the kids didn't "choose life" but their mother and the doctor who did the IVF were irresponsible for the choices they made. If she can't handle the kids then she should think about letting them have a "normal" life with people out there who would love to be parents but are unable to.
    I'll join team KJO!

July 27, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ChrisXYZ

Octomom says "How wold you like me to keep 8 2 year olds quiet?" It doesn't matter if it's 1 child or 12, if you can't control them, don't subject other people to their bad behaviour. Maybe she should talk to some daycare professionals. They manage to control largers numbers than that. I'm tired of her excuses.

July 26, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. tammie r

I read recently where a woman went up to Marie Osmond after a flight with all 8 of her children on board the plane. The woman thanked her and congratulated her for having children on the plane that no one would know were there. IF you teach your children right, have the proper amount of assistance for small children and things to keep all kids entertained in their seat, it is easy to travel and a joy for those around you. Ms. Suleman needs to learn these lessons before she travels again.

July 25, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Carissa

@b0bc4t
    Excuse me, but what is with your comment that air marshals will remove "any Muslim that wears traditional garments." Hello!!! I'm a Muslim and I've flown several times in my headscarf and have never been removed from any flight. What are you talking about?

July 24, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Voxhumana

This woman is not sane. First, who would intentionally have that many, when she already had children before? The toll this has taken on her, her older children, and the world, which she can't possibly manage, pay for or deal with is way too much. She should put them out for adoption. Maybe an animal rescue group would take them!

July 23, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. kmoy

The thing is she wasn't taking her children, however many there are, to visit their dying Grandmother. She's shlepping them around to make money off of them and she obviously needs a great deal of social pressure to keep her in line. If people don't give her a hard time when she passes beyond the bounds of polite society so very far, what will she do next? And, though it may be hard on her children, and I do feel for them, it is clear that they will get no guidance in successful societal interactions from their crazy mother. So this pressure and criticism may be the only thing between those children and a life of sleazy tabloid exploits. I often hear people say "it takes a village to raise a child" . Well. that's actually what's happening here. This is the village setting behavioral limits. I say "Keep it Positive and Don't Let Up".

July 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jason D

If i paid for business class and had a brood of kids making my trip impossible without nigrains, id be expecting a full refund from the airline, you are allowing torture to your higher paying passengers, hell if restarents accept kids ruin experience then airlines who take 8 kids in one reservation and dont expect to help keep them quiet should be made to pay other passengers, there should be a benefit to extra costs and extra legroom doesnt appeal too much if you have a school full of screaming kids, id go back to cattle class to avoid that

July 23, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  20. Guest

People having kids they can't possibly take care of –

if you can solve that one, you'll solve half the world's PROBLEMS!

July 22, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Not Likely

I was the first of nine kids, and whenever we had to go on long trips across the country, we DROVE. No sense in subjecting the flying public to lots of small screaming children. The better airlines should require a minimum age limit to fly. Or maybe just offer certain flights to people with small children.

July 21, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Rob

Children who are raised (and disciplined) in an environment of love and compassion and are taught from an early age to respect others are a blessing. These children, however, have been pawns since the moment of their conception. Their "mother" is a very deeply disturbed individual who clearly needs major psychiatric help. She should not be in charge of any children, much less 14 of them. There is a reason that the "doctor" who willingly fomented this travesty lost his medical license. I only hope that these children are taken away from this terrifying monster and placed in homes where they can get the individual love, care and discipline they need before it is too late.

July 21, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  23. MoJo

Next time she should ship them UPS! Nadia needs to have her yo-ho sewed shut!

July 20, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Nyarlathotep

Children under the age of five qualify as "pets," as far as I see it: put 'em in kennels under the plane or leave 'em at home.

July 20, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jan

She took those kids to NY to be displayed on a television show. There's no sane reason she should have been flying with them without extra adult help. I feel sorry for the kids, not the idiot mom who is using them as income.

July 20, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Ted

I can't believe the people sympathizing with Nadia. When I spend $2000 on a first class flight, I have every right to expect some peace. People with children assume that everybody else wants to suffer through slobber, urine, vomit, screaming, crying, and snot. This freakfest purposely spawned a litter, and then inflicts them on a plane full of people. If I didn't get the orgasm from creating the kids, I shouldn't have to alter my life for them.

July 20, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  27. sarah

TEAM KJO! I know Kristen, and she said she and 15 others left the flight because they pulled back to the gate due to electrical problems, and they decided to take the next flight. The reason she said anything is because this lady was reading a magazine & let her little girl try to handle the babies!!! I've seen Kristen with my kids and she loves them.
    Just because it's reported by Octomom's "rep" doesn't mean it's how it happened.

July 16, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katy

Being in complete agreement with Kristen's choice, I believe we can consider that she chose to leave an unpleasant environment– how could this possible be construed as vicious or mean?

July 21, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  28. lolarites

My sympathies go with Kristen, but don't tell her to take a train. I took a long distance train ride once across country and it was ruined by a band of unsupervised kids running and screaming through the train. At least on a plane, they have to stay seated.

July 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  29. mamam

Go Kristin!

July 16, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  30. Melissa

I am Team Kristen on this one. My parents never even took us out in public until we were of an age where it wasn't an issue. And if one of us acted up, we left and there would be discipline at home. Today's parents are afraid to parent, and Octomom is a sorry excuse for a mother, not to mention a human being. Pathetic and disgusting, and I'm sickened that the rest of us are having to pay for her sorry life choices.

July 15, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Momslook

My parents traveled with 6 of us children all over from HI, to Ecuador,PR,Dominican and cross country and let me tell you if ANY of us even thought about being unruly all it took was "the look" and we knew we'd better behave. It's called respect for your elders and MANNERS (remember that?). This was instilled in us as children and as adults. I passed this on to my daughter and she to her children (my Grandkids :-) ) Too much psychology these days, don't want to make children accountable for their behavior.

July 15, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Pliny

I totally support Kristen Johnston.

In fact, if you are reading this Kristen, I'd like to take you to the Marine Corps Ball. We can double-date with Mila K and her new friend.

Call me.

July 15, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  33. DJ

Good job Kristen..! Nadya, if you can’t handle your kids in public, then you shouldn’t be public. No one forced you to have just over a baker’s dozen of children! I’m sick and tired of folks not parenting and using the excuse, “Kids will be kids.” My children were taught to respect others’ while in public. Today, society is raising kids in a free-for-all manner – having no respect or concern for others’. No one should have to deal with non-parented, unruly children. Where has consideration and proper manner gone???

July 15, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  34. Amanda

Im sorry....but if Im spending in upwards of $2500.00 on an airline seat, I expect it to be quiet. Coach is reserved for families with small children, not business class where I expect it to be quiet so I can attend to my BUSINESS while Im traveling. Take your brats to coach like every other parent, Nadya.

July 15, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  35. Tricia

Oy, I would have gotten off the plane, too. I love kids, but 14 kids, 8 of them 2 years old = too much.

That would have been too much for me to handle.

July 15, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  36. MS

Ditto Christy! We've traveled with our son since he was 3 months old – he's now 10 – on over 60 or 70 flights, including four to Europe. He has never been permitted to behave the way I've seen some kids behave, while their presumed parent(s) ignore it. I don't agree that children should be banned from first/business class (e.g., the Malaysian airline), but parents do need to take responsibility for how their children behave. Bring snacks, games, videos, etc. and – horrors – actually pay attention to your kids. As for Kristen, I think she was well within her rights to ask the mother to intervene in her kids' disruptive behavior. I wasn't there so I can't assess how disruptive they were actually being, but I imagine that with all of the attention they've been getting, the parent:kid ratio, etc., it wasn't pretty. But, then, the whole story of 'Octo-mom,' including the latest where she allegedly says she doesn't like her kids, is pathetic.

July 15, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  37. Christy

I fly very often with 3 children ages 8,6 and 1. I have never had a problem with them crying, acting up, or kicking the people in front of them. I always bring things for them to color, draw, toys and a small portable DVD player. The two older ones have been taught from a very young age to be respectful of others and very often will charm people who are sitting around them by their well behaved personalities. I have to go with the chick from 3rd rock. If I( a very busy mother and Army wife, who just shipped my husband off to yet another war zone) can teach my children to respect others at a young age. Then Octofreak can teach hers! I am starting to teach my 1 year old to respect others now. Children over the age of 1 can be taught to behave.

July 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • JG

Thanks Christy, you're a credit.

July 14, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • professor

Christy nailed the issue. We do not object to the kids. We object to being distrubed, whether by a 2 year old or a 62 year old. If your children understand that they cannot disturb others, bring them along. If your 2 year old or you cannot keep from disturbing others, find another way to go. Same rule applies to restaurant, movie, church, or other public places that people gather to enjoy something besides the noise of other people. By the way, I will not take a phone call in the restaurant because I do not want to disturb you. I am sure you hate hearing me on the phone as much as I hate hearing your kids yelling.

July 21, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • JMS

Have to agree with you Christy. If you teach the children at a young age what's appropriate and how to respect others you're not going to have a problem later. For example, my parents taught me that if I wanted to say something, I had to say "excuse me" rather than just interrupt. I threw a temper tantrum at a store when I was little one time. Without a word, my mother picked me up out of the cart and we promptly left the store. She then explained why we were leaving and why my behavior was inappropriate. That was the first and only time I ever threw a temper tantrum. You're right, kids can be taught even at a young age.

August 8, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Robert

She can barely afford to keep her kids fed and clothed, but she has a rep? FAIL!

July 12, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Louie

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to send Ann Curry to LA and do the interview from the woman's home? Ann follows a family of seven babies through the years and she always goes to the family's home. It would have been better.

July 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mr. D.J.

All of these low classed comments. It's unfortunate that your remarks are of a lower standard than the conduct of this woman. Rather than judging, why not answer this...what contribution are you making to society and humanity that makes you any better than this woman. Those nasty swipes about the children are uncalled for but why expect more out of people than they are actually able to live up to. That's why we hide out in these comments and talk big. This broad "actress Kristen Johnston" went from first class to low class.

July 12, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

The answer is easy...I am not being irresponsible and bringing multiple children into this world which I cannot afford to raise properly without assistance from others. DJ, like you said, its easy to stand back from the cheap seats and call people out, but even you know what she and the doctor who executed this procedure were in the wrong. And if you cannot, you need to reconsider your own values.

July 12, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Mommytoo

Octomom's kids are out of control. She obviously does not believe in discipline. My 3 kids have flown several times and it was never a problem. If you deal with them at home, they know how to behave in public. It doesn't matter how many kids you have. Personally, I hate it when a person's kids are out of control in any setting. It gives the wrong impression to other folks and they expect your kids to behave the same way. It's sickening.

July 12, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Rebecca

When I spend the extra money for business class, I have certain expectations. One of those expectations, right or wrong, is that I will not be forced to deal with other people's misbehaved children. I am not saying all children that fly are misbehaved, and I do not blame them when the pressure builds in their ears and they start to cry or something. Fine. But what's-her-name is one of the most irresponsible people in existence, and to expect that other passengers who paid good money (unlike her) for their seats should just "put up" with her asinine decision is absurd. She made the decision to become a mother of a brood, now she should actually act like one. (That does include teaching discipline and respect, in case there was a question.) Too many kids for that to be practical? Should have thought about that sooner. Bravo, Kristen. Bravo.

July 12, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  43. The Måd Råp3r

The luggage compartments are heated right, toss the kids up there and they can play "immigrant stowaway"

July 12, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  44. deirdre

Nadia is always pleading poverty on all the shows she is on.Maybe she should have exchanged those business class tickets for coach.The difference probably would have kept her in food and diapers for a while.

July 12, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  45. Robert

Kristen was 100% right. Parents should be held responsible for their children 1 or 8 or 12, I could care less, you have as many as you can handle! Kristen whould have stayed on board, and insisted the insipid baby factory disembark with her litter of brats only to be placed in a cattle car on a trans-con train! Perhaps when her brats learn how to behave, and hopefully mommy discovers the pill, then she can enjoy the privileges of flying in a premium cabin! Which airline was this, so I know to avoid them in future for allowing this to happen!

July 12, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  46. Timme62

Sorry all you mommies out there, I'm with Kristen on this one. Yes children will be children, but at two yrs of age they are old enough to have started learning right from wrong. This woman has proven that once she pops them out she has absolutely no idea as to how to raise them.

July 12, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  47. frequentflyer

I think people are missing the point.It's not whether she should have had all those kids or could afford them.If you are paying the big bucks for business or 1st class you expect certain things.Like peace and quiet.Nadia and her brood should have flown in coach.

July 12, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  48. justic

way to go kristen , glad to see someone put this octomom in her place. she deserves more criticism than what you gave her. I honestly was hoping for the babies sakes that they would have immediately taken the babies off. her. she is not responsbile for them , let alone herself, she wanted all this attention for herself. now all she has is a freak show. that is ashame she only thought of herself and for the today show to pay for all those tickets. that was a big waste of money, aint no one interested in what this fowl female has to say. naturally kids will make noise , but it is up to the parent to make sure that they raise them correct to where they would not have been as big as a distraction as they appeared to be. this woman needed to take parenting classes before having so many babies at once. all she did was think of herself then, and now. she is nothing but a want a be famous person, and she not even worth a 2nd look

July 12, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  49. Peace

Sounds like the kids rule, not the Mom. If you teach your children well, this would not be a problem. I've seen classrooms w/ 18-20 kids, they were not running wild etc...Kids can be taught respect at any age! She should take time to "teach her children well". They need to know that there are consequences for their actions! Kids won't be perfect all the time, but, c'mon, work w/them!

July 12, 2011 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  50. gees

kristen should shut the hell up. they are toddlers for pete's sake. people have a hard time controlling 2-3kids on a plane talk less of 8. so, because she has 8 kids and flying on a plane, she should restrain all of them with rope. or maybe she should be banned from flying because she has 8 kids

is it annoying to have the noisy little breeds on a plane? yes. absolutely. but to make a big fuss about it like she did? ridiculous.

maybe it is time she gets her own private jet ;) then she can have the all tranquility and serenity she desires

July 12, 2011 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Scott

WHY do we have to accommodate Octomom? WHY do you expect everyone else to bend over backward because SHE made a choice that she's now having difficulty living with? That wasn't OUR fault, and her children are NOT our responsibility. Did you catch that last part? Let me repeat it: her children are NOT our responsibility. Just like she has the right to have a gazillion kids, others also have the right to politely tell her when she and her children are being obnoxious.

July 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tia

People who can't control their children shouldn't inflict them on the rest of the public. I do NOT have to tolerate your brats (and from your comment it's obvious that you, just like the OctoTard, can't be bothered with controlling your children). So yes, you can have your screaming brats in public but I have just as much of a right to tell you that your children are screaming brats that should be controlled. We're all allowed our opinions...more so in the case of Nadya since the taxpayers are paying for her welfare checks.

July 14, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  51. Lennyi

Kristen a law suit will be pending against you soon i'll bet.You were wrong.

July 12, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  52. Chris

Everyone on here that is defending Kristen Johnson can all go... (Well you know) I have two kids, and it's hard flying for a family of four. So... Nadyda has every right to fly with her family as the next. Ms. Johnson thinks she is better than everyone else with kids. I'm sure she would have thought the same thing if someone on the flight near her with one kid. Don't get me wrong I know it's a pain in the a$$ to be on a flight with a litter of children, let a lone one child. But it sounds like that Ms. Johnson felt it was OK to show her a$$ and be a bit@h to Nauda because its popular to hate the mom of 8. I would have been irritated to but shame on the former TV star.

July 12, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Rob J

We all know having young kids is a lot of hard work. I don't think anybody here is denying that. But it's hard to be compassionate in this case, because there was no good reason for her to have so many kids in the first place. If you're super-rich and can easily afford a team of nannies, fine. But Octomom cannot.

People on that flight have every right to be annoyed.

July 12, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Andrew G

The reason everyone is siding with Kristen is because this crazy woman wont get any help. She can afford it. She chooses not to and decides to let her 10 year old co-parent with her. This woman is obviously mentally imbalanced. I feel so bad for her kids who I feel are basically growing up with no real parent.

July 12, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • b0bc4t

I have no problem with Kristen telling OctoFreak to watch after her puppies. Kristen bought a ticket and should be able to suffer in peace. As stressful as flying is today, OctoMom needs to understand that her parenting issue of being overwhelmed is HER doing, and if she can't control her kids, have the Air Marshalls have her escorted off the plane for being disruptive. They do it for drunks and for any Muslim that wears traditional garments, why not for Nadya and her unruly Ant Hill Mob of kids. I am single and enjoy that peace and quiet, but also have a big family with neices and nephews. Parenting means keeping control of your kids in public. The only correction I would have made was to call it to the attention of the flight attendant instead of confronting the OctoMom herself. Let the customer friendly service staff enforce some discpline in the passenger area. Ever see the Bill Cosby slit about the mother travelling with her unruly son Jeffrey (jeffrey jeffrey Jeffrey) ..... well that is fine for comedy, but the reality is that is public transportation, and you as a passenger should not impose your family and lack of discipline on others.

July 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott

What gives you the idea that we're all supposed to just put up with bad behavior, especially when we're paying BIG BUCKS to be confined on a plane for hours on end? NO parent has the right to inflict the bad behavior of their children on others - period. I don't care if it's Mother Theresa - parents, control your brats or find someone who can.

July 12, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

"Bad behavior" from a bunch of two year olds? REALLY? Sorry you can't handle a little bit of noise from small children in public, I can only imagine how petty you must be about other aspects of life.

July 15, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • mizMezzo

Sorry, I gotta say that Ms. Johnson was right. Keep in mind that this altercation aparently happened on the plane during a 2 hour delay. What was the rest of the flight like after they finally got to take off.
      We are a military family who have moved to and from Europe twice. We always fly on a commercial flight. I have 2 children, 1 of whom is autistic. Many of these flights have totaled over 10 hours of travel time. Never once has anyone had reason to complain about my kids. Quite the opposite, I have had people compliment me on their behavior.
      Start out as you mean to go is what my Mom always told me. I don't let my children act up in public or at home. I am the parent.

July 15, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dionysius

Chris, if it's so hard to fly for four that you are unable to prevent your children from spoiling the flight for everyone else, STAY THE &*(* HOME WITH YOUR UNRULY BRATS!
      Don't make your problem the problem of everyone else in sight/hearing! To inflict your children's inability to behave in a civilized manner on others is the height of socially inconsiderate behaviour!
      Until they old enough to behave like people, KEEP THEM AT HOME! Anything else is disgustingly rude!

July 19, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

I have no idea why anyone would want to have 14 children when they are single and have no money. But as for the flight. I thought Kristen was a complete jerk. I have flown by myself with one two year old and it was awful. Maybe because her ears were hurting but she wouldn't settle down. I was so embarrassed. I can't imagine having 8 of them. I do feel bad for all the passengers that had to deal with it but unless you take your own plane you may have to put up with things that you don't like on a plane. She is not like Kate Gosselin that flies with her kids all the time. There was a go to NY and back situation. And it wasn't a short flight, it was all the way across the country. She may have made really bad choices but I for one would have compassion, if not for her then for the children.

July 21, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  53. charlie crack

I would have thrown a ketchup sandwich at that "baby mill" and told her to go back to the bathroom and hide on the floor until she wants to care for the kids....

July 12, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  54. TJ

I saw the the "Today" show and Nadya and her brood were hilarious. The kids were running rampant and Ann Curry was running around the studio chasing the kids while trying to interview Nadya. All that was missing was the music from the "Benny Hill" show.

July 11, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • kkkkkatie

I saw it too. What struck me most was her 10 year old daughter running around helping with those babies. Having siblings help out once in awhile and do "chores" in the household okay and teaches responsiblty. However, I think it's sad when folks keep having babies and their older kids end up doing a lot of the parenting. They need to be kids too. I think the Duggan family (can't remember their name, the family with 18 kids???) does the same thing. It's a shame.

July 12, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
    • kkkkkatie

I saw it too. What struck me most was her 10 year old daughter running around helping with those babies. Having siblings help out once in awhile and do "chores" in the household okay and teaches responsibility. However, I think it's sad when folks keep having babies and their older kids end up doing a lot of the parenting. They need to be kids too. I think the Duggan family (can't remember their name, the family with 18 kids???) does the same thing. It's a shame.

July 12, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
    • kkkkkatie

Sorry...tried to correct my typo and double posted! :-)

July 12, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Kenny

Re: "Benny Hill music"–good one!

July 20, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  55. nadya nada

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1zd7WoFAE&w=640&h=390]

July 11, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  56. jillmarie

I loved 3rd Rock From The Sun! Team Kristen on this one, but keeping 8 2 yr olds quiet can't be easy. It's almost what a plot line for a sitcom! Her character Sally would've gone off on her too! How random was this, BTW???

July 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  57. tonie

Relax People! Kids will be Kids ! Kristen acted like a Spoiled Brat ! IWhat gave her the right to even speak to the childrens mom? MYOB Kristen and next time show some compassion.

July 11, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Compasion? Maybe Octomom should have showed some common sense before deciding to have 4000 kids without any way of supporting them.

July 11, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • jendfly

Being stuck on a plane with one screaming kid is bad enough. Kids will be kids, yes. But they should have taken a train.

July 14, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gabe

@Tonie: MYOB? Uh...no. When someone's kids interrupt my peace and something that I paid for, then it becomes my business. They can have 2 or 20 kids, it doesn't matter. If you can't control them, don't take them anywhere.

July 15, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Linda

You are so right! Kids will be kids. Times 8! hahahaha! Been there done that. My mom raised 7 of us ALONE and 5 were BOYS! hell a trip to the grocery store was an event! We grew up poor and mom always did her best. Often she got looks and comments and would snap back..." if you think you can do better then come move in and give me a 8&#$#@!!^^%$** break for a while! hahahahahaaha! And all of us are professional people, hard working, and owe her everything. So the jury is still out on Nadia's kids. Let's hope they do well!

July 15, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Beacon

I'm no fan of Octo-mom, but I don't think I read anywhere that this was a private plane. She should absolutely make sure she has enough help for traveling with so many toddlers, but it is what it is. Two year olds don't give a hoot who is bothered by their behavior on a plane. If Kristen wanted guaranteed peace and quiet on her plane ride, she should have chartered her own ride. My guess is she didn't have the budget for that, just as Nadya didn't have the budget to hire multiple nannies as escorts for a paid interview.

July 20, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • emma

Someone needs to tell parents when their kids are misbehaving, and the parents need to tell the kids. I am sick of parents who think their little darlings can do no wrong: discipline is not abuse and it makes better people to learn to be considerate of others. And indulging brat sis not compasisonate it is neglectful. If your children cannot behave, leave them at home please.

July 22, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  58. MARY P

I will assume she was on the way to or from a paid talk show that included the kids. She's broke. She wouldn't be travelling otherwise especially with all those kids. Sometimes as passengers you just have to bite it. This woman appears to be unstable, as no normal single woman would be tempted to have 14 IVF babies. Given that she did, and given that she kept them all, I guess that money comes in handy. I feel sorry for these children not because of her, because I truly believe she is unstable, but that irresponsible IVF physician. Cold stone malpractice if I ever heard of it and he lost his position. If anything he should be paying for those kids. Too bad her last name wasn’t Culkin. Why is it okay for that idiot Kate to get IVF’ed to the hilt, get her own show, gets to act like Donna Rickles to her husband, and to boot gets hair extensions and dancing with the stars and camping with Sarah. Wow. What the hell ..why didn’t Kristen just roll up her sleeves and help her with those eight 2 year olds. What a coward leaving the plane.

July 11, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

"Sometimes as passengers you just have to bite it."

When you pay my airfare, sure. But since Ms. WelfareMom didn't pay for it, or her own for that matter, she better be damn sure her spawn don't inconvenience anyone else on that plane.

July 11, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Kristen should've rolled up her sleeves and whipped some octo-ass.

July 12, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Linda

I'm with you. Whle I am not a fan of Nadia, it is what it is. All the hoopla about her does NOT change the fact that those kids need love and help and encouragement. They can't help who their mother is. And if everyone keeps an eagle eye out chances are they will have a better chance in life. I think she loves her kids but loves the thought of fame a little more. Many do I fear. I have traveled when my own kids were less than cooperative, been exhausted and overwhelmed. And in the end? It isn't for Kristen or anyone else to judge is it?

July 15, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • allen

Really Mary? I would have never helped her she made her bed now she has to lay in it too bad i would have left the plane too.

July 21, 2011 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
    • theresa

I agree Mary..People are so mean. and you are exactly right. The Today Show wanted the kids on the show also. When I was 12 my parents divorced and My mom had to work 2 jobs, leaving me to take care of my 5 sisters and brothers. I learned to cook and clean and do the laundry, plus went to school. Lige can be tough sometimes, but it builds character.Her 12 yr old is helping as do alot of children her age. Nadya is doing her best to keep her family together and off welfare. Quit being so mean and hateful. Ms Johnston is the one that needs to grow up.

July 29, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rhonda

Mary, maybe you need to contact Nadia and offer your expertise on keeping her kids under control. I dont blame Kristen at all. I would have left the plane for another flight as well. If you cant control your kids then stay at home with them. Nadia is a sad excuse for a human being, typical trash whom wants others to take care of her because of her stupidity. She is no different than anyone who abuses or neglects their children. Maybe if these shows, news people etc would stop having her on the show, she would stay at home out of the limelight. The people really dont want anything to do with her. And I would NOT help someone get control of their kids when it is their responsibility.

August 1, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • 2y1b

Ya Mary P, a real "coward"..exactly what octonut wants, another stinkin hand out! Just like all other people looking for a handout, it is excuse after excuse after excuse! She made the stupid decision, now she has to deal with it. I'm so sick of some people's hand facing up instead of down! I do not feel bad for her for one second! If I paid for 1st class I sure as heck wouldn't want some free loading attention grubbing trash that uses her kids as a money maker, yet can't control them one bit, anywhere near me! Way to go Kristen!

August 4, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • guest

Mary, you are a much nicer person than I. It was not any other person on that plane's responsibility to help her with those children. She chose to have them – they are HER responsibilty. It was negligent of the Today show to even purchase airline tickets for her and her children. It was irresponsible of both Nadya Suleman and the airline to allow all of those children on the plane without proper supervision. If the Today show wanted to interview this crazy person – it would have made a heck of a lot more sense for them to go to her – not vice versa. This is not rocket science people!! If I were on that plane, listening to a dozen screaming children and delayed by two hours of my time – I would be quite angry myself! In my opinion ~ Kristin was the smartest person on that plane!! I think everyone that was subjected to that nightmare to be compensated for the ticket that they actually paid for!

August 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Superhiro

Wow, 3rd Rock From the Sun. Forgot that show ever existed. What a blast from the past.

July 11, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  60. ¤.¤

Suleman is icky, and her 84 children should be taken away from her and given to people who won't view them as a paycheck.

¤.¤

July 11, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uncle Dutch

Why? She'd only have more. I mean, what other skill set does the woman have?

August 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Me

Looks like there is a little bit of Sally in Kristen after all. I think she was darn awesome in this.

July 11, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Wow!

I'm with Chris. Who does that biotch thinks she is taking ALL those kids on a flight? Does the word babysitter mean anything? Today would have paid that, too. Probably cheaper!

July 11, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Orgazmo

Suleman looks like a damn Fraggle Rock!

July 11, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Chris

Kristen Johnston is my hero for today.

July 11, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

I haven't seen her ages, she looks fabulous! I feel bad this idiots older kids, I saw online the clip from the Today show, and her poor daughter, what is she, 12? had to wrangle the the little ones from all over the set. You know she's made to take care of them at home. She's to young to be a mother.

July 16, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

P.S...
      You wanted them, deal with them!

July 16, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anakaranina

I think that lady was a jerk, I live in Orlando and planes come and go full of kids. A delay flight is no fun for anybody imagine been 2 and not knowing way you not moving or why you not home yet. Nadya may be a bit nutty, but the doctor who did the envitro was not and should be the one supporting those kids. Stop the hate, if she had left the kids home with babysitters she would have been critized too. ,

August 2, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  65. ty764

I'd be mad too. you know nadia demanded that she fly first class with her kids & the today show paid for all the seats & all the people who paid to fly first class themselves had to put up with her and her kids

July 11, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Greta C.

Thats funny, I don't who you are thats funny as hell. And so true, Casey knows how to keep kids in check....Bless Caylee's Heart to have a %*^#^ for a mother...Fly with the angels lil Caylee...

July 11, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Ha

Thats flippin hilarious...Love it

July 18, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Chris

Not funny! You think these inocent children chose this life? Get a brain and some compassion!

July 11, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |