Ahead of the Curve: Weekly pop culture cheat sheet
July 10th, 2011

Ahead of the Curve: Weekly pop culture cheat sheet

Even if you're not a fan, you probably know full well that "It All Ends" this weekend for the tale of "Harry Potter."

If you haven't yet bought tickets for the release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" this Friday, get on it - they're already selling out.

Here's what else to watch for this week:

Sunday

• Speaking of "Harry Potter," don't miss the cast tonight on Larry King's "Harry Potter - The Final Chapter" hour-long special on CNN, kicking off at 8 p.m. ET and airing again at 11 p.m. ET.
  • "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is back with an eighth season, premiering tonight on HBO at 10 p.m. ET.

Monday

• Jake Gyllenhaal goes up against nature on "Man vs. Wild" tonight on Discovery at 9 p.m. ET.

Tuesday

• It won't be long before "Entourage's" last season begins - catch up with the seventh season, out on DVD today.
  • Spoilers don't compare to the real thing: George R. R. Martin's book, "A Dance with Dragons," arrives today.
  • Get into a country state of mind with Blake Shelton's latest album, "Red River Blue."

Friday

• It'll be the silly old bear up against "Harry Potter" and his crew at the movies this weekend - "Winnie the Pooh" opens nationwide today.
  • If you'd rather hit the couch with a flick, both "Rango" and "Arthur" arrive on DVD today.

Filed under: Ahead of the Curve

1. charlie crack

@joelle...my my dear what have you been smokin??

July 11, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ahnold

peppers make my eyes water

July 11, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. snookums

i bid 25 dollars

July 11, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. timmer

I hers casey anthony is going to be nekked and stuff when they release her ! I wonder if it will preempt my soap operas ?

July 11, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Heath Ledger

I wish I were still alive so Jake could hump my buttHole again. I loved him so much! Feeling his hard manHood penetrating my anus made me remember my 7th grade gym teacher strip searching me day after day.

July 11, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. well

casey anthony is gonna be released either wednesday or sunday. that will be on tv alots i bet.

July 11, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. favour

hello how are you
    Hope you are doing just fine over there.My name is blessing. I just want
    to let you know that l came across your profile at (www.friendsearch.com)
    here and after going
    through it intresting l found you, hope you do not mind. If you are
    intrested in knowing more about me and for me to send you my
    picture, just feel free to contact me at my private mail address at (blessing_ebue2@yahoo.com)
    Hope to hear from you soon, have a nice day and stay
    blessed.
    blessing.

July 11, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. Canine Humper

I hump my male dogs all the time but wild animals. This will be AWESOME!

July 11, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. willer

Its gonna be a fudgepackin good time!

July 11, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Goober Gobblin

Jake Gyllenhaal goes up against nature on "Man vs. Wild"

So now this guy wants to molest some wild male animals?
    Broke Back MountainGoat? He gonna hump some male animals...

July 11, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. @joelle esthe benyayer

That was 1 long sentence! No capital letters, commas, or periods. Wow, can't even figure your point.

July 11, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. willer

it didnt mention doodoo though. guess i should to make up for it. doooodie doodoo doooo.

July 11, 2011 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. willer

that was a miiiighty strange post.

July 11, 2011 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
  14. joelle esther benyyer

do you remenber the book the bell curve richard murray talk about the suprematie of the races well what happen in france today also inside the music murders drugs dammage and phone block a group nazi and muslims from holland kills jewish artists to make drugs trafic and politique joelle esther benyayer after 17 years b press the gouvernement dont seem to understand the danger of the control of this group and website about the propaganda and the control of democracy in south of france south africa culture austria and turkish iranian maroco close to al qaida holland now in france joelle esther benyayer what the FBI do come you find we people escape form amsterdam airport terrorists joelle esthe benyayer

July 11, 2011 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |