Notorious houseguests are back on 'Big Brother'
July 8th, 2011

Notorious houseguests are back on 'Big Brother'

I was all ready to skip "Big Brother" for its 13th season, but like Michael Corleone in "The Godfather Part III," they pulled me back in!

The eight houseguests this season included a youth minister with an eye for the ladies, a metalhead who would fit right in with the WWE (and loves Tori Spelling), a model from Texas and a VIP cocktail waitress named Porsche (of course).

This is all well and good but... wait, is that Rachel and Brendon at the door? Rachel, of course, is loved or despised by "Big Brother" fans, depending on who you ask. This season just got crazier.

But wait, are those fan favorites Jeff and (season 11 winner) Jordan at the door? Followed by (season 8 winner) "Evel Dick" and estranged daughter Daniele? Dick is probably the producers' (and many fans') favorite houseguest of all time. He even has his own incidental music.

My mind, dear readers, was officially blown at this point.

The moment they figured out that they weren't the only ones in the house this season, the new houseguests (who were paired off to play as mostly mismatched duos) vowed to stick together and vote them out.

That strategy didn't seem to work out too well, when the Head of Household winning machine Rachel convinced Dick and daughter to give it up in exchange for safety that week (usually famous last words, but I believe Rachel wants to form an alliance with Evel Dick).

Then came one more twist. In a world of golden Powers of Veto and diamond Powers of Veto, why not a Golden Key, which guarantees a few weeks of safety to the first houseguest on the block to remain in the house? That certainly changes things a bit.

Love them or hate them, the three duos from the past guarantee an entertaining season. I almost forgot that the new people were there for a moment – even Lawon, who is hard to miss.

What did you think of the season premiere? Share your view below, or on iReport.

1. Evil dick gone..no way

Well that is just sad..I have waited so long to see evil dick(not danielle) and now for him toleave..sad to hear of his reasons but I was hoping he would take out Rachel..I cannot handle her..there is only a few left I like..too bad they didn't bring back couples I actually liked..the only good one was Dick..:) Hope thye can add someone else or throw in a twist to give Danielle a partner..Would be fair..We shall see..I love big Brother..but hate rachel and her dumb dumb boyfriend Brenden..And Jordan is sweet girl but her idiot bf insults her like crazy..what an ass..

July 11, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Canadian Man

Big Brother is my guilty pleasure. Love them or hate them, Evel Dick (sorry to hear he left) and Rachel are never boring, anoying at times? yes, but it's better than people always crying, praying or complaining. I remember last year when people would fight with her or mock her. BB know that colorful players are always the ones who get the ratings, even you hate them, you'll tune in to see the day they get kicked out just for the satisfaction you'll feel. It's an obvious but well planed srategy from the producers. The fact that they are playing in pairs though, not so much.

July 11, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kelly

I have mixed feelings about this year's twist. Obviously, Rachel, Brendan, Jordan, Jeff, Danielle and Dick are more seasoned. They have an advantage that the new players don't. Even if the vets have smaller numbers, I feel the new people are at a disadvantage. I would have preferred all new players for the sake of fairness and getting to know new players. Not loving this year's twist so far and utterly annoyed that we have to listen to Rachel again. I thought that ship sailed last year. What were the producers thinking?! Ugh...

July 11, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. mr g

to complete the cast we needed big baller but I'm sure hes busy

July 10, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ana

When I saw Rachel enter that door, my first reaction was 'Why the hell would they bring her back?!' I started getting a headache the moment she opened her mouth. That laugh just UGH! And then she goes and wins HOH. Let me just say, I feel sorry for everyone in that house.

July 10, 2011 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. andy

do a lesbian big brother

July 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. CHaoZ

Dick left the show last night..unknown personal reasons

July 8, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Erin

Just when I thought there was no way they could surprise me, I watched the premiere mouth agape occasionally saying "no way!" out loud. So ready for this season now, well done BB!

July 8, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cheryel

I thought bringing dick back was the worst thing to do , i was not happy with bb at all.

July 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bama Len

Wow! I will be a regular watcher of BB after missing most of past 3 years. I did watch all of Evel Dick's season and most of Jordan's season. My favorite was Janelle and Howee of season 6. the twists of this season along with the quality of the returnees vs the raw enthusiasm of the newbies give this season more promise than any since season 6.

July 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tim

Dick Donato left the show late last night...

July 8, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ewwwwwwwwwwww

why oh why would they bring Rachel back into the house???? I usually love this show, but can't stand to watch it again with her in the house...darn you, producers.

July 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ahnold

that keith is the most annoying person so far. a deacon who wants to pretty much dry hump everything in that house. I hope he is the first to go

July 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. JayMo

They certainly got some characters in this batch of newbies. And I'm kind of getting sick of these reality shows always bringing back old players. It's a sign that the show is slowly dying, but at least they are "interesting" former players. And stop with all the new "Golden this and Diamond that" crap! Just a plain old POV is fine. Should be fun though1

July 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. hoofawted

I think its unfair for the new houseguests. i was hoping to see all new people instead of half of them returning from previous seasons

July 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Trudie

I'm just glad that they didn't bring Jesse back in, that would be the end of big brother for me

July 8, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • dal

i hear ya....if jesse was on one more time....i would boycott. love her or hate her at least rachel makes it interesting each week....besides she actually wins challenges/

July 10, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Observer

The ONLY thing that makes this show worthwile is Julie Chen. I would hit that. But first...

July 8, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • LeBron James

She's not really that great... Observer... she's overrated... like me. And she's an old hag.

July 8, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. eve

She is pretty. I would like to grab those funbags and swing her around in a circle.

July 8, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jurby

let the summer begin! this season of BB is going to be fantastic! i would have loved to have Mike "Boogie" and Dr. Will come back though as they really would have turned the house upside down even more. despite what the newbies think, they have no idea what they're really in for not only with the game itself but with the vets being there. let the insanity and fun craziness begin!!!

July 8, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  20. sick to stomach

Got instantly nauseous when Rachel came through the door with her big mouth and ignorant laugh. I was all ready to watch the new season but now don't know if I can take listening to her, let alone looking at her. I can even take Evil Dick more than her. She is my least favorite from all the seasons I've watched!

July 8, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |