J.K. Rowling: 'Never say never' to more 'Potter'
July 8th, 2011

J.K. Rowling: 'Never say never' to more 'Potter'

Will she or won’t she?

Although J.K. Rowling has said that the story of Harry Potter ends with the seventh book, she’s reserving the right to change her mind and extend the story.

The 45-year-old author told the enormous crowd gathered for the world premiere of “Deathly Hallows: Part 2” in London Thursday that she has no immediate plans to resurrect Potter's tale, but also that one should “never say never.”

Said Rowling, “It is my baby and if I want to bring it out to play again, I will.”

Indeed, the final “Harry Potter” premiere was a bittersweet moment for the author, as she told BBC News that the franchise has changed her personally.

“You know honestly, if someone told me this is coming, I might’ve said, I can’t do that. I’ve really come out of my shell,” she said. “I was not someone who was a natural public speaker and and I was not very comfortable with this sort of thing. It’s just as well that I got introduced to it by degrees.”

As for what’s next, Rowling notes that she does have a stash of non-“Potter” material waiting in the wings.

“I think I always felt I didn’t want to publish again until the last film was out. I’ve been writing hard ever since I finished writing 'Hallows,' but I will publish again,” she says. “In a sense it’s a beginning for me as well as an end.”

And while we wait to see if Rowling's new beginning will actually include more about the boy wizard, there's always Pottermore.

Filed under: Books • Harry Potter

1. the fonzette is told everything and they will tell her what they heard every single day

June 15, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. What is Included in a Business Plan

I loved up to you'll receive performed proper here. The cartoon is tasteful, your authored material stylish. however, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be handing over the following. unwell indisputably come more in the past again as exactly the same just about a lot continuously inside of case you defend this increase.

April 5, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ronald

for j. k. rowling i will say this you have been bless for your writing. for my self of learning to write a fanicy that i know it takes alot of work but i have not publish yet and i can't wait to get it publish i say this to you write as your heart low you to and keep up with good work...............

January 19, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Melissa Decker

Ms. Rowling I think you should make a book about Harry Potter`s son and carry on.

January 10, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. herpderples

Here's some sound advice: don't. Spare us all.

July 20, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rose

She should just quit while she's ahead. I think she's a one-hit wonder and would be making a big mistake if she just keeps messing with the winning product (just like George Lucas and Star Wars). It isn't like she needs the money.

July 20, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  7. manolamoncha

Ms. Rowling has brought brilliant entertainment to hundreds of thousands of people, I say, 'Well done,' it is this same type of thinking that has made America great.

July 18, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Poppy

Snooki sells lots of books. Sarah Palin sells lots of books. Hell, even Bristol Palin sells books. Selling books doesn't make you a literary genius. I'm not knocking the Harry Potter books. I think they're great. But some of your arguments are just not logical.

July 17, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. micky blue

damn joe, a bit harsh dude, my girlfriend is 19 and hearing her talk about harry potter you'd swear she was talking about an old friend, she cried like a baby when she finnished the final book, she was even worse when the film came around, so if youre going to judge, at least be respectfull of how much this story has touched people..

July 14, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JG

I am very happy for Rowling. First, she looks amazing in this picture. Second, if anyone is an example of someone who has deservedly gone from rags to riches, it's her.

She gives to charities, she still shows humility, and she is also beautiful. I'm very happy for Ms. Rowling and believe she deserves all the success she has achieved.

July 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LL

She's said that she had wanted to try writing detective novels so she'll probably do that. If the new series takes off, she'll go with it, but if it flounders, she'll always have the HP world to fall back on. She left the door open introducing the next generation of wizards in the epilogue. I'd love to see books on the prequels though.

July 12, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sally

I admire J.K. Rowling a lot, she's a role model (I'm 50 years young myself), she has found success based on her inmense talent and good use of her imagination, a single mother struggling with life in many ways, capturing the attention and hearts of millions around the globe, a real woman, having to combine her daily shores with her literary ambitions, that to me is worth lots and lots of recognition!

July 12, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. nick

Never say never to another big $ contract is what she actually said.

July 12, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sick of bad influences

In a long ago interview she stated " I was told by lucifer himself to write these stories" Seriously to have her influence over my children..no thanks..they can watch it when they are adults if they choose but she has a really sick mind..she will one day not just hear Lucifer but I am sure see him as well.

July 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • JG

Um, she never said that. Did you get it from an actual source or just hearsay from the internet?

July 13, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • People sure are suckers... lol

hahahahahahahahahahahaha sorry but that was too funny. I guess I should have expected a comment like that one. Honestly where do people come up with this garbage? lol
      No JK did not have an interview that she said she listens to Lucifer... How absurd and plainly ignorant to say such things because someone told you she said this.
      Now if you are so certain that this is true all I have to say to you is Prove she said it. Show me the interview. lol

July 17, 2011 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Ronald

i think you have a problam of juging someone of heir work i will say tis she has a wild maganation to write stores of magic i like her scils of a writer

January 19, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dinee

Don't forget that all of those classic authors like Dickens and Shakespeare were the popular authors of their day. Only time can tell what remains pop fiction and what becomes "literature."

July 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Fern

Shes only teasing to keep potter alive still. Im sure she wont bring it back. maybe an encyclopedia but i doubt another potter book will be on its way ever again. Its all about rumors. Rumors make to world go round. As much as im an obsessed fan hate to say it but stop teasing us Jo!!

July 11, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  17. Nidoking

Who cares about author class? I know I don't because if the authors book sells, theen who needs comparing. I love how people argue on here, it's a real sham and people wonder what's wrong with the Americans today. All we do is fight and argue. So, if you're going to start garbage on a comment board, please do society a favor and go clean up a ditch or a local park. At least you'll be a great hand to society. I would've said "go get a job: but heh, that's a rariety now-a-days.

July 11, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  18. Mel Malfoy

And i also agree with Vlady

July 11, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  19. ennospace

Hope for more other great works from her!!

July 10, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sorrowz

For her being 45 years old man she is HOT!!!!!

Honestly IF she did decide to to extend the story how the heck will it work out since voldemort is dead unless draco decides to step up or something i dunno lol

July 10, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ronald Riley

if J. K. Rowling is to write a nother book draco is a wimp it would have take someone greater then the dark lord in the long runn she may write the story of harry potter children but we will never know what she will do. if she do'es comes out with another potter that she would have to come up with a good plots an so on

January 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lauren

I thinks he should write about what happens to Lily, James, Albus, Rose, Hugo, and Scorpius when they go to Hogwarts! You know, a next generation sort of thing!

July 10, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. hp12

that would be really annoying, gosh just let it go.
    harry potter is OVER

July 10, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melissa Decker

SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Harry Potter even though you don`t like him maybe other people might like or love him. Take that you *bleep*.

January 10, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyLovesHP_x

'that would be really annoying, gosh just let it go.
      harry potter is OVER
      stop writing stories people only buy to look like they are somewhat smart when really they just watch the movie'

First, capital letters at the start of a sentence, full stops at the end of them. Thanks.
      Also, capital letters for a name.
      Obviously, you are just writing about yourself in that comment. All the people I know who love Harry Potter all read the books, because if you just watched the movies you would be missing out on so many amazing parts of the HP world. Two names – Winky. Peeves.
      Sure, Harry Potter's over. Sure there'll probably be no more books. But it's not over for us, the TRUE Harry Potter fans. The fans that love Harry Potter though it's finished, the fans who'll just read them over again, who'll just go on Pottermore to fill the gaping hole that once was the excitement of a new Harry Potter book, the fans who'll love Harry Potter to the end.

June 15, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  23. Kate

I would like to read a prequel to Harry Potter, perhaps like a Lily and James Potter story? We've never gotten too much information on their time at Hogwarts and it would be cool to learn more about the Marauder era!

July 10, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Erin

Tell us James and Lilys story! I want to know how she went from hating him to loving him! and it would be cool even though they died at the end :(

July 10, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bopsterjazz

I'd rather not see anymore books made. Not just because it'd be "pushing it" but because I think the way it ended shouldn't be tampered with. I don't really want to know more, because knowing too much can ruin a story. Anything else would just be a gimmick. I grew up with Harry, I graduated just recently and I'm viewing this as both an end of an era, and also the end of my childhood. Saying goodbye to this will allow me to move on, as it's done with the actors. Not that it won't still be an amazing part of my life. It's just the beginning of a new cycle.

July 10, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Lady Kyra

As much as I am a fan of Harry Potter, I don't want to see any more books published. J.K. Rowling ended the series without leaving much to desire. In the very last chapter after the battle is over, everyone had families. I would say that left it as it should be. Any new books would just be pushing it, even the best things have to have an end and Harry Potter is one of them.

July 10, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  27. david

iI for one would like to see the story that they tell from the time of the wizzards that built the castle all the way to the very first harry potter movie. who were they how did thet build the castle were they friends or not what made tom riddle turn bad who did he pick to be on his side the hole storyeven if its a four part story . we need the very beginning how everything came tobe. i can only hope the she dose this for her fans. i fo one think that that would complete the story.

July 10, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ohhhdear

Ms. Rowling will find it very difficult to come up with anything new for the Harry Potter universe, considering all the permutations of plot, characters and pairings found in fanfiction.
    Frankly, I believe the reasons the last 3 books' plots were so full of holes and the characterizations were so poor was because fanfiction had done a much better and more believable job of creating in the Harry Potter sandbox.

July 10, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Steve

Never say never, is just her way of saying that, it could happen one day but I highly doubt it. I would hope she doesn't continue the series just because I feel that it is finished. Its done its over, and continuing it would only take away from the dynamics of the 1-7. Sure she could write a book baised on dumbledore and I would proboably read it, but if it were to go any further than that, then it would just be redundante. So lets hope that the series is over and let it be remembered as an icon for an era, becuause when it premieres at midnight friday morning and the credits role at the conclusion it will be the end of an era. And tears maybe in order for those of you who read them from beginning to end. I started in 1998. I was 9 years old now im 22!

July 10, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Johnny

just cause she said it ends with harry potter doesnt mean she cant keep making the books but around the main characters kids

July 10, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  31. NoDoubt

She will write more novels about the Potter universe. Don't worry. Its too much of a cash cow for her NOT to.

July 10, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  32. Wayne

I don't want rehash of an old subject. Let Harry go on with his life in peace. I want her to explore the world she created. There are alot of intriguing questions the need answering.

Why are humans setting the terms of magic when they are obviously the weaker user. A house elf could splatter a human with a wave of its hand and yet they a subservient to the humans. Maybe this could be answered with during an elf uprising the Hermione has started while in school.

July 10, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  33. Diana E DeJane

It is very hard to say goodbye to an old friend

July 10, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  34. chris

Yes We all Want More Harry Potter....... Please.........

July 10, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  35. Trever

Did anyone notice Hagid in the backround?? He's there alright..

July 10, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
    • ohhhdear

Oh, please. That's a grimacing fan girl, not Hagrid! Robbie Coltrane was on the red carpet, not behind the ropes in the mass of paparazzi.

July 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Neil Harvey Santillan

Harry Potter from the beginning til the end!!!

July 10, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  37. keith

I've read the books. watched the movies 10x each and yes she did leave out some important scenes, I thought the movies were good, but who has the real Elder Wand?

July 10, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
    • erica

wait, are you serious? i'm not trying to be rude but if you actually read the books it's REALLY obvious what happens to the elder wand...

July 11, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  38. Anthony

I am sure she will never truly be away from the story I mean the character's were defiantly developed so you know she has spent some time thinking, what Harry Potter would be doing in this situation, so even if she never publishes another Harry Potter book you know she will continue to write about the characters for the rest of her life.

July 10, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  39. Ashley

I'D LIKE TO SEE THE POTTER KIDS GET MERRY AND HAVE KIDS OF THEY OWN.

July 9, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Ashley

I HOPE THERE WILL BE MORE HARRY POTTER BOOKS. I LOVE THE BOOKS.

July 9, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  41. MeganP

She makes way too much on the HP franchise and gets way too much attention to stop now. Please God, let there be an 8th book!! Or better yet, a prequel!!

July 9, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Rachel

i loved harry potter till the last book like it went all Hitlerish .And i grew out of harry long time ago, anything to make more money what an arrogant woman she has to realize her fans are gonna grow up and lose interest.

July 9, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • JTH

I don't agree with your comment at all! The HP series is and will remain a favorite for many, many years to come. I'm in my mid 40's and still enjoy the HP books. Congrats to RK for keeping the door open to the HP legacy.

July 9, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Bobbysocks

I think we can agree that the entire Potter series was not literary genius, but that it filled a void in children's books that took off unexpectedly. That said, there are many writers who have stayed with an identical genre, King, Brown, Patterson, Grisham, and flourished (Note that when Grisham did his out of the norm, "Skipping Christmas", the wheels nearly came off). I was dissappointed in the epilogue to Deathly Hallows. Writing a few lines to envelop 10 years of the lives of a entire group of folks who tens of millions grew up with and loved is just inadequate. JK should remember Stephen King's "Misery" – about a fan who would not let go of her book hero. Potter fans are not bloodthirsty, but the point King made is still applicable – fans should get a just reward for being incredibly loyal. Pottermore seems like a nice idea and should catch on, and may be what I'm looking for. However, I would have loved to have had a better ending to Deathly Hallows that established a more finite ending to the story. JR Tolkien did it a little better in the end of his LOTR trilogy and with editorial notes. HP has a much greater audience and deserves just as much.

July 9, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mar

As much as I enjoyed all the books...I always thought...there were many places that were just kinda left hanging or empty holes in the story. I have always hoped these were left there and unfinished ..on purpose, for her to go back to...in her future books. There is so very much more that could be wrote on each of the books that are here, already. Not to mention moving on into future generations. I was surprised to learn that she was gonna end the series with just 7 books!!! Hopeing maybe beyond hope that... ..she's waiting ...listening to what all fans have to say. ..I kinda think she did that with Deathly Hallows. I remember reading hundreds of opinions from fans about what they thought should happen to different charecters, etc etc.....and it seems to me she listened, and tried to please the most people by going down the middle. Maybe..?? I can hope cant I? Wish out loud?? That she's not done yet, and Harry and the gang will be back very soon????.

July 9, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Voodoo Boy

I read the first book and wasn't too impressed. It won't be long before the books are gathering dust on library shelves, just like the Baum and Carroll books.

July 9, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lola

Nah, I don't think people are gonna forget the series. You might not like it, but millions of people do, including myself.

July 9, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scandie

I agree completely. I read an article along these same lines a few years ago stating that while the books are popular now, they wont be in 100 years. All of the die hard HP fans I tell that too always like to argue with me that they will be just as popular if not more so in 100 years as they are now. But it's like you said, they'll be gathering dust just like Baum and Carroll.

July 10, 2011 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian

Yep. Just like Tilkein, too. Didn't they just make a new movie of Alice in Wonderland? Wasn't that a Carroll book? Guess you really proved your point. Baum books were never that popular. If not for the movie Wizard of Oz, few people would have heard of them, so not a valid example, by the way.

July 10, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. annalisse Mayer

It seems to me that there's lots of room to publish more Hogwarts textbooks or more about the life of Dumbledore, for instance, without extending the story.

July 9, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Eireen

As much as I love the Harry Potter series, I wish the books end where they're at right now. Prequels and sequels would just clutter the main story. I think Pottermore is a good thing, and I hope she expands the books through there rather than write another set of novels.

July 9, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  47. joanne

come on more Potter always!!! adults and kids are crazy bout Harry Potter! more more we want more

July 9, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  48. Dervrak

LoL! I guess she needs a bigger private jet and a few more vaction homes. You all aren't really naive enough to think shes going to write another Harry Potter book just because she likes to write and wants to make her fans happy are you? Not that there is anything wrong with that, you can bet if I could become a billionaire cranking out a book every few months, I sure as heck would do it. Heck we would be up to Harry Potter Volume 15 by now.

July 9, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Flerra

I happen to be a writer, and I am not a writer because I want to make money off of it. I love my characters and I don't think that any writer would write more just to make money off of it. Then those books would just turn out terrible.

July 9, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kaitlyn Bourne

if anyone deserves this, its the single mom who came up with the idea on a train. Good for Jo-I can't wait to see what she writes up next-Potterverse or different.

July 10, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  49. madi

she should write about all their children's lives at hogwarts.

July 9, 2011 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  50. Iona wyness

Please jo please don't do this to me! I am currently lying in my bed and I can't stop crying. I feel like my best friend has died and in a way he has. Harry is the reason I am who I am today. Through your books I have learnt so much. I will support you with whatever you decide to do but please don't let go of Harry! Let us know what happens with albus severus! Please please please please just consider it! I love your stories jo an I will never let go of harry!

July 8, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

wow seriously??? yeah they are great books and turned into good movies but sitting in bed crying? come on dude, time to take off the pajamas and step into the sunlight of the REAL WORLD.

July 9, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karana Dalbi

Hey joe, don't judge dude/girl. J.K Rowling's books have captured so many hearts and minds it doesn't surprise me that people are crying. And tell me this, why are you reading this article if your not a fan of J.K's and understand that people all over the world are despretly in love with these books? – including me, yes im guilty of it :) – I call that a hater.

July 11, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  51. A Very Potter Christmas

How about prequels "HP: The Dumbledore Years" or "HP: Voldemort's Story". I'm sure even though the actors say they would never star in another HP movie, if their careers aren't going as well as they thought and the money is right, you could get them all back for "HP: The Auror Years"

July 8, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • AndiGravity

Apparently, prequels (of a sort) are going to be part of Pottermore. Among the new material will be background stories for McGonagall and Dumbledore, along with the story of how Vernon and Petunia met. It may not be the thrilling new series die-hard fans are salivating for, but it does suggest the story still sparks some inspiration in J.K. Rowling's mind, so I would take it as a hopeful sign the world isn't done for yet.

July 9, 2011 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
    • JG

OMG, an "Auror years" series sounds amazing!

July 13, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  52. charlie crack

She makes waaayyy too much loot to stop...

July 8, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  53. JonyT

Never say never? How about please? Will that do?
    :p
    Stinkers.

July 8, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  54. Me

I wish she wouldnt tease like that, dont like getting my hopes up. Her literary style is by far the best I have seen. There have not been many who can keep the attention of children and capture the hearts and imaginations of adults in one felt swoop.

July 8, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • emma

i agree

July 9, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • LG

I totally agree with you..especially about her style. Even though I;m 30, I still re-read the series about every 4 months. I recently read Stieg Larson..I enjoyed it..but not as much as HP. Only other series I love as much is the Song of Ice and Fire by George R Martin (haven't seen the TV show yet..looking forward to see how they did). Other then that I'm a huge short story fan..compendiums..HP Lovecraft etc. Please write more books JK!

July 9, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mar

I couldnt have said it better... AND I'M 60 yrs. old , and have read the series several times over again. I'd lov more H.P. Books, and I'd love a whole series on the next generation or so of kids and grandkids in H.P. world! Then again, I'd read anything and everything JK.Rowling will/would/could/ ever write..and I know already, I'd lov it.
      MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE MOVIES... PROMISE ME ALL THE MOVIES WILL BE 2-3-4 ETC. PART MOVIES, TO COVER ALL THATS IN THE BOOKS. WHILE I REALLY ENJOYED THE MOVIES.. I WAS ALSO DISAPPOINTED AT HOW VERY MUCH MATERIAL GOT LEFT OUT OF EACH OF THE MOVIES. I'M SURE HALLOWS PART 2 WONT BE ANY DIFFERENT.....

July 9, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

What? Have you never read a proper book? No human who wishes to be taken seriously on literary subjects could possibly think that. Fitzgerald, Dickens, Bronte, Austen, Poe, Faulkner, Tolstoy, Shelley, Stoker, and so many more have elevated the written word far above what Rowling has achieved. Her books are great, but you cannot compare them to the the true greats. Unless, of course, you have not read these legends. If that is the case, then you are not really qualified to speak on matters of literary ability.

July 10, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leanne

Josh, I take offense to your comment about not being "qualified to speak on matters of literary ability." what makes you think you yourself are qualified to speak on such topics? Just because you've read novels like Moby Dick doesn't make you more "qualified" to discuss "literary ability". This isn't a class at a University where we're required to discuss classic tales and literary genius. This is a freaking article on the *internet* about a woman who was able to captivate MILLIONS of readers of all ages with a series of fantasy tales. Perhaps if you wanted to discuss who is "qualified" to speak on such matters then you ought to do so in a more appropriate place, like in a classroom with a professor and NOT on the internet.

As for Rowling vs. your list of authors, (many whom I've read myself), you say that her work isn't comparable to theirs, but in reality you ought not judge her work based off the likes of Dickens and Brontë, for they wrote in a completely different era about completely different topics. Rowling is an author in the twenty-first century. Her style is completely different. Therefore I believe it would be foolish to think that they're comparable by any means. However, Rowling IS a fantastic writer and I believe to be a literary genius herself in today's era, but to say that she's can't hold a candle to people like Steinbeck or Woolf is completely idiotic. On top of all that, to denounce others because they dared to mention that "Her literary style is by far the best" they've seen just implies you're a pompous d!ck head who takes himself FAR to seriously.

July 10, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leanne

too* seriously. :)

July 10, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Leanne, all I have to say is "u mad bro?" :)

July 10, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vlady

Hey Josh, umm, all those "greats" you seem to be enamored off, do you think they're great because of the media? I have read most of them, and while they are much more mature and intelligent, they bore me to hell. Plus no series I have ever heard of is as deep and complex as harry potter.

I applaud books that are engaging and interesting, not because they are intelligent or have giant words.

July 10, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • shelly

i would be happy to read an 8th book. felt the last book didn't end well and left all of the characters hanging except for voldermort! please write another book!

July 10, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mel Malfoy

Hey Josh? You know why we like Harry Potter? Because it actually catches our attention while Moby Dick on the other hand is boring! The only reason anybody who is less than 20 will even pick it up is just to laugh at the name and that book isnt enjoyable for manny age groups while Harry Potter is for all age groups i mean that woman said she was 60 and she read it! I read it and im 12! My friends have read it and theyre 10-15 years old! I saw a Mexican Grandmother who knows 0 english reading one in spanish! And those books that you read the only reason most people even read it is because theyre assigned to it in English Class! And like Lianne said her books have touched MILLIONS of People of all ages from all around teh globe! Her books have meaning behind them but whats Moby Dick about? Some guy who tries to kill a whale? Big Fricken woop! Harry Potter has to try and save an entire Population! He has to try to save the whole world actually! And plus her books teach about Friendship, The Power of Love, Perseveirance and Loyalty she will forever be known but that guy who wrote Moby Dick? By the time he died people barely even knew who he was! And shes the first Author to Become a Billionare s next time you say that "no human would be taken seriosuly on Literary subjects if they read Harry Potter" do your reasearch! Comprende? And also dont talk smack about Harry Potter or J.K Rowling on a story about her because if you do youll get fought by so many people its so unwise

July 11, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
    • me

Josh, she spoke to this generation. that's what great writers do. I agree that all the authors you mentioned were great, but they spoke to their generation, not this one.

July 15, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • cath

Josh... two things: 1.I AM TWELVE AND I HAVE READ MOBY DICK AND A BUNCH OF OTHER DICKENS AND POE JUNK (NOT FOR SCHOOL, ON MY OWN TIME) AND I SEROUSLY REGERET MOST OF IT!!! ANY PERSON INSANE ENOUGH TO THINK IT IS BETTER THAN HARRY POTTER NEEDS A EXSTENDED STAY AT THE "HAPPY HOTEL" MAYBE YOUR MESSED UP ENOUGH TO PAINT SOME WACKED UP PAINTINGS LIKE VAN GOUGH!!!!!!!!
      2. as mentioned above WE ARE ON THE INTERNET NOT IN A CLASSROOM SO STOP BEING A STUCK UP PRAT WHO THINKS HE IS BETTER THAN EVERY ONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 18, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Rachel

this is inappropriate get it off the damn sight it very crude

July 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Ashley

THEN YOU NEVER REALY I LOVE HARRY POTTER...................

July 9, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  57. advisor

If you're against inappropriate and crude things, then you should refrain from typing inappropriately and crudely. Otherwise, you become a hypocrite.

July 11, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  58. Melissa Decker

If you don`t give a damn get off this webpage

March 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |