Natalie Portman names son Aleph
July 7th, 2011

Natalie Portman names son Aleph

Natalie Portman is the latest celebrity to join our unique baby name round-up: The Oscar winner and her fiance Benjamin Millepied decided on "Aleph" for their recently born son.

People reports that Aleph, alternately spelled alef, is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and has a meaning relating to the "origin of the universe...the primordial one that contains all numbers."

And while Aleph may not be a common first name - it's also the number one in Hebrew - neither is Pilot Inspektor, the name Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf gave their son after listening to a song by the indie rock group Grandaddy.

Here’s a list of a few of our other favorite celebrity baby names:

1. Jermajesty – The name bestowed on Jermaine Jackson’s son.

2. Banjo – “Brothers & Sisters” actress Rachel Griffiths and her husband wanted a very Australian name, and this is what they came up with.

3. Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan and Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen – The late and great Frank Zappa concocted these names. He used his creative genius for more than just music.

4. Sage Moonblood – Sylvester Stallone: You knew he wouldn’t pick something feminine for his son.

5. Audio Science – Actress Shannyn Sossamon chose this name with kickboxing instructor Dallas Clayton. We don’t know why either.

6. Moxie CrimeFighter and ZoltenPenn Jillette – of the famous magic duo Penn & Teller – named his two children with the American and Hungarian spirit in mind.

7. Poppy Honey Rosie, Daisy Boo Pamela, Petal Blossom Rainbow and Buddy Bear Maurice  - Jamie Oliver and his wife must have been in baby bliss while naming their four young children.

8. Last, but most certainly not least, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's kids Apple and Moses.

9. And the names that started it all and got us thinking of other unique baby names: Monroe and Moroccan Cannon, which is what Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon named their twins.

Which names do you think should've made the list?

« Previous entry
  1. rosalindevefranklin

L'Chaim! :)

December 13, 2013 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. rosalindevefranklin

Brilliant! Congratulations Natalie Portman! :) Baby Aleph like the first letter of Hebrew and Arabic alphabets, the cardinality of infinite sets, the story by Jorge Luis Borges and Project The Aleph which will end the war on terror in 3 days time tops.
    Please join: http://rosalindevefranklin.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/project-the-aleph/

December 13, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. newnewnn99

June 14, 2013 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. Comprar camisetas de futbol

"Boateng, Sapo Narayan y Diamanti tres equipo AC Milan se enfrentarán en dos lugares." camisetas de futbol baratas Este es el comentario "todo mercado", que se acaba de unirse Sapo Narayan nueva ayuda, Di ya Mandi toma de posesión sólo acaba de empezar, así que Boateng serán los jugadores a abandonar el estadio de San Siro y el AC Milan en el 10 ha presentado una solicitud de transferencia al club, camisetas NBA baratas es probable que vaya a Chelsea o el Bayern el futuro

June 11, 2013 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. newnewnn99

June 3, 2013 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. newnewnn99

dgfrfhtyj camisetas nba
    camisetas de futbol tailandia

June 3, 2013 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. mulberry

He was born in New York.The show is supposed to be goodGo right back to the beginning.Today it is common that women and girls make up in public.Don't keep me waiting long.Were there any exciting incidents during your journey? What shall we do tonight? Great efforts ensure the success of our work.I'm in a hurry!It's not as cold hot as it was yesterday
    mulberry http://www.mulberrybagsoutletukstore.co.uk

October 28, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. JOY

It isn't just celebrities that are giving their children unique names. When these children grow up, what we know as "normal" names will be strange to them. In 5 years there will be classrooms full of Suris and Apples and Cruzes and possibly even Pilot Inspektors. It will be Melissa and Steven and Joy that are the "weird" names.

Even what we consider normal, children can make fun of (Madison = Medicine just for an example)

August 18, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. randomposter

Sounds too much like 'Adolf'

July 12, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. Elly

I once met this chick who spelled her name La-a,, pronounced LaDasha. She would actually get mad when people didnt say her name correctly. who would think to pronounce the dash sign?! Then I met this family who named their daughter Chlamydia, they heard it and thought it sounded pretty...poor child.

July 12, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  11. Tara

So Mariah and Nick can call their kids 'Roc' and 'Roe'? You would think with the money these celebs make they could afford to buy a baby name book!

July 10, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Anonymouse

My neighbors' last name is Monk. They named their son Chip, and their daughter Capucin.

July 10, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. Zander

My last name is Caisse. I'm going to name my first son "Justin". j/k

July 8, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Barry

Aleph isn't bad. but some of the other's will seriously regret having these names...Audio Science?? Banjo.... why not name the kids TrashCan.

July 8, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Josh

How about Centipede Millipede for Natalie's kid?

July 8, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. Tif

My godsister has a classmate, and her name is ABCD (AB-SI-DEE). Very strange name!

July 8, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  17. Sally

These parents will someday wonder why their children are so screwed up and need a psychologist! Name them a stupid name and they'll grow up acting out and wondering why a parent with a normal name would do this to their children...

July 8, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  18. Cheyenne Autumn

You forgot to mention Hazel Patricia and her twin Phineous, Julia Roberts's children. Sounds like a bunch of Cabbage Patch Kids to me.

July 8, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  19. big easy in new orleans

I wonder if she had fraternal twins if they would have been named Luke and Leia.

July 7, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Joe G. (Illinois)

Try topping Winona and Sunyata.. Two sisters and they ain't even blood related. Like what are the odds of that!!

But God willing.. and if I ever deserve it, and the coast is safe and clear, etc. etc. and if I ever find the right Christian lady who will give me a set of twins (a beautiful baby girl and a boy...)

July 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  21. I couldn't care less

They should have another son and name him "Arite" that way when grandma comes over to pick up her grand kids she can say "I'm here to take Aleph and Arite."

They can tell her to pick a direction because you cannot go left and right at the same time...

July 7, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. the_dude

I am going to one-up all these celbrities and name my kid retard.

Hey retard come here
    Hey retard go get me a beer and sandwich
    Hey retard do better in school

July 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dizzyd

@Waltham – that was from a Bill Cosby routine. (You forgot his brother Dammit)
    @Pedro-don't be surprised if a celeb names their kid Duck Butter!

July 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dizzyd

LOL! Some of these names (Little Pixie, Fifi Trixiebelle) sound more like names for Chihuahuas. I mean – they're really kinda cute, but can u imagine growing up and trying to get a job as, say, a lawyer? 'I'm Little Pixie Geldof, and I will be representing you' – doesn't exactly inspire confidence! I guess she'll really have to prove herself. (It IS a girl's name, right?)

July 7, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. kathy

Their baby shower presents should come with a selection of "kick me" signs to get the kids ready for the next 12 years of school.

July 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Ezinnj

Aleph is not the Hebrew word for the number one. It is Echad (masculine) and Achat (feminine). Aleph is the first lettle of the Hebrew Alphabet though.

July 7, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Greg

The worst part of all, none of these children will ever experience the joy of walking into a gift shop and scanning through those racks of keychains/mugs/fridge magnets/cheap jewellery and saying "Hey, they have one with my name on it!"

July 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Greg – I was thinking the same thing and then I remembered that their excessively rich parents could just call the company, point out that there isn't one with their kids' names on it, and then the company would make them keychains or what have you for free, just so they could say that so and so's kids have our keychains.

Isn't it funny how the richer they get the more free stuff people throw their way?

July 8, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  28. outawork

I keep wait for someone to name their kid Caligula.

July 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. beaglesrcute

I am a teacher and I see uncommon names all the time...Queban, Kwest, Taqqee, JayZ, Jarquez, Motherly, Precious, America, Jazzy, etc.

July 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • preach teach

I also see names come across my desk that boggle my brain: Shawabban, Adodo, Tyheem, Geneysha, Arnacia, Jermel, Juqan, Dayques....roll call is a hilarious event as I stand there trying to pronounce these names. Whatever happened to Linda, Sheila, Michael, John, David, Susan, Mary? I miss them so.

July 8, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  30. dtcpr

it think CNN roles this article out eveytime a celebrity names their child something dumb, I'm pretty sure they put it out when Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon named their kids Moraccon andsomethign else stupid

July 7, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Gabrielle

I new a Eilene Dover (I lean) and her brother Benjamin. Honestly.

I think it's nice to have an unusual name.

Pilot Inspektor is pushing it though.

July 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  32. ggg

Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii
    Number 16 Bus Shelter
    Benson and Hedges (twins)
    Violence

Real names. Stupid names. But, real. At least Aleph has a "normal" nick name to go with it in "Al".

July 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Bob

Everyone just has to be different. Apparently even at the expense of naming their kid something retarded.

July 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Phew

Thank goodness for name changes... too bad he won't realize until he grows up.

July 7, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Jack

Nick cage's son, Cal El.

July 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. petercha

It drives me NUTS when people give their kids these crazy names. Don't they realize that their kid will get massively picked on in school for a weird name? Or that, statistically speaking, it's much harder for people with unusual names to get jobs? Give me a break. THINK, PARENTS!!!!

July 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg

yeah, I don't foresee too many of them getting picked on in school. "Ha ha! You're name's Sage Moonblood" "Yeah, and my dad is ROCKY BALBOA! Wanna come over to our massive mansion and play?" "ummmm, yes!"

July 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Poopsicle Sunbreeze

Neither of my folks are celebrities and look what they named me..

July 7, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  38. KindaSorta

Some of these kids will probably smack their parents when they grow up and have had to explain their names for the gazillionth time.

July 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg

No, I think every one of them will grow up to thank their parents for being super rich and famous, even if they are a little odd, and for letting them be spoiled rotten. They'll learn to get over it.

July 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Who?

Aleph-ant !!!!!!!!!!

July 7, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Say What

There was a girl a few years a head of me in High School who was named Marijuana Pepsi Jackson-Sawer. She was a very well educated young women and I don't remember what she does now, but I did read a news paper article on her and her extremely unique name.
    I'm not saying it's right, but she seems to have adapted just fine. I'm sure most of these kids will be fine, they will grow to embrace the free spirt their parents obviously what them to be.
    Go ahead and look her up. She is from Beloit, WI.

July 7, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

Even retards learn how to adapt. These children just have different challenges.

July 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Shay

Better than Americus....lol!

July 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  42. vocecita

celebrities should stop using drugs!!

July 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • petercha

EVERYBODY should stop using (illegal) drugs. But you have a good point – being celebrities, they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us, since so many people look up to them.

July 7, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  43. bee23

Great unique name! Best wishes to the new mom, dad and baby Aleph :-)

July 7, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Lanfear

Umm... ok... people have the right to name their kids whatever. But seriously all I can do is roll on the floor laughing at that list of names.... I mean come on!! What are these people thinking? Perhaps they aren't and that's the problem.

July 7, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  45. guest

I'm always amused at the kind of people who get the most upset over names of babies – adults. Adults scream, yell, and insult the names of these children, and say "they're going to be made fun of" as though it's children being the meanest. No, it's you. Maybe if you weren't such an ass about someones name, then your children wouldn't be either.

July 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jeepers

"...the primordial one that contains all numbers..." What does THAT even mean? It sounds like something from World of Warcraft.

July 7, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  47. nonymouse

My cousin named her son Vedder, after Eddie Vedder. We all kinda inwardly groaned when we heard it.

July 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Retrokelly

What about Blanket

July 7, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Bookenz

They must really want their kids to get beat up in school.

July 7, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  50. kat

My old landlord's name is Alison. Which is a perfectly nice name, but her middle name is Wonderland. Her little sister is Sunny Rainbow, and her little brother is Rainn Storm. Her reasoning was that her parents were pot-smoking hippies in the 60s...lol! She also said that as kids they never told anyone their middle names, and never really got bullied as Alison and Sunny are not so unusual names, and Rainn is a bit weird but not unheard of...

July 7, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bookenz

I went to school with Chrystal Leer. Of course, her middle name was Chanda.

July 7, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Bob

Actress Swoosie Kurtz – Her name "Swoosie" is derived from "Swoose" – half swan, half goose – which was the name of the B-17D bomber that her father piloted in World War II.

July 7, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  52. SheDevil

She must be a Scientolof@g lol

July 7, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  53. JM

Her father's name is Avner, I don't know that Aleph is that odd. It's not unheard of to name a child Quintas if they are the fifth kid in the family, or for similar reasons. I don't think this compares with Jermjesty or Pilot Inspektor.

July 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Boobie21

How about Lemonjello and Orangello pronounced: Lem-on-jelo and O-ron-jelo. Twins. Now that's stupid!!!

July 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Useless Info

"Woman in Cleveland gets on bus"......."Seagul in Wasaga Beach picks up french fries"......"World leaders plead for more headlines about Celeb name choices".

July 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Chris

What is the Hebrew name for illegitimate child?

July 7, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  57. ann

A guy I used to work with went to visit his friends in the hospital when they had their new baby. He asked what they named her and they said, "Amanda Lynn" To which he replied, " is the next one going to be called A Bango".

I couldn't help but laugh. Even if the kids name looks normal a creative enough person can turn it into something to be made fun of.

So I think that unique names aren't that awful.

July 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  58. David

They need to stop calling them unique names and start calling them what they are. STUPID names. They only do this for attention.

July 7, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Daniel

Frances Bean Cobain

July 7, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Deb

A priest I know(who is the youngest of 9 children) was named Enda McKenna. Why? . . . His father said when the boy was born "because he's the Enda the McKennas!" Makes me smile every time I see this lovely pastor!

July 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Andrew

Aleph is a very cool name with a lot of cool symbolism. Nice work, Ms. Portman...a huge difference from the silly names most celebrities seem to come up with.

July 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  62. erich2112x

Yes my love, we will have a child, we will name him Aleph and he will be autistic.....

July 7, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Parkersmom

...and just what do you mean by that comment? Surely you are not making fun of people on the Autism Spectrum, are you? Because that would be wrong. And if so, I am offended. And yes, it is because my son is on the spectrum.

July 8, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  63. Kristen

It's almost insulting that this article compares the number one Hebrew name, that has actual meaning and tradition in another culture, to "Jermajesty". Just because Portman picked a name that wasn't what Americans consider to be 'normal' does not make the name weird or unusual. And it certainly does not put it on the level of complete idoicy of the made up names that were listed.

July 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristen - obs doesn't know

This isn't the number one Hebrew name....you're insulting to pretend you know people you don't.

July 7, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Peter Jackson

I going to name my son Buuuurrrrp.

July 7, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  65. mudflapjohhny

Sadly, these names are all about the selfish parents who want the spotlight on continue to shine on them. They kids suffer in the end, but they again they will get their parents money so who really cares.

July 7, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  66. RixRR

Well, I hope her second child is a girl, otherwise it'd be kind of cruel to name a boy "Beth".

July 7, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh

The second letter is Bet......which can be Anglicized to Beth, but why would she do that when she did not Anglicize the first child's name?

July 7, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  67. spaceman

Zowie Bowie

July 7, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Mike

Actually, "echad" is the number 1 in the Hebrew alphabet...

July 7, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Correcting my own post.... "Echad" is the number one in Hebrew, not to be confused with "Aleph" which is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Also, in case anyone was wondering where the word "alphabet" comes from, it is derived from the first two letters of both the Greek and Hebrew alphabets... In Greek, alpha and beta, and in Hebrew, aleph and bet... which makes me wonder which language evolved first...

July 7, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Mvaughan

Rob Morrow's daughter Tu. It is certainly creative.

July 7, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Lest We Forget

How could he leave out Bronx Mowgli?

July 7, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  71. smiz

the Al in Al Qaeda also comes from Aleph which coincedentally is also the first letter of the Arabic alphabet.

July 7, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

"smiz", not sure what you're implying here (or maybe I am).. but there is no "coincidence"... And the only reason there is no coincidence is because Hebrew and Arabic come from the same derivative lexicon, and have evolved into their own dialects. And "Al" does not come from the letter Aleph, it is it's own word. A little education goes a long way. In your case, you might be in need of a LOT of education.

July 7, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Unknown

It would be so awesome if she named her son Luke Skywalker.

July 7, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  73. erich2112x

Aleph?.....Grow up.

July 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  74. JJ

She named him WHAT? Oh. That's right. She's jewish. Oh, well... such will be life for the poor kid.

July 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  75. fridayet

aleph..... ant!!!!! HAHAHAHA

July 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Ahmad

Aleph is the first letter of Aramaic languages including Arabic and is not limited to the Hebrew language. Just for clarification.

July 7, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  77. POWER LEVELS 9000?

I'm going to name my son Vegeta and buy him a visor for his first birthday.

July 7, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  78. Shouki

What will she name her seventh son? (Those in the know, know...)

July 7, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  79. Waltham

Until I was 9 I thought my mom named me "Jesus Christ"

"Jesus Christ" who made a mess in the kitchen?

"Jesus Christ" who told you to stay out this late?

July 7, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  80. Suzanne

Natalie Portman is Jewish, so it shouldn't be surprising that she'd give her son a Hebrew name. Yeah, it's a number, but is that any stranger than American kids being named January, April, or Summer? I've known several people over the years with those names, and no one made any comment that they were odd names.

July 7, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  81. alice

I once read that a girl was named Disney Landia Rodriguez. Look it up, you can find her ID in google LOLs!!!!!

July 7, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  82. Sam

"9. And the names that started it all: Monroe and Moroccan Cannon, which is what Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon named their twins."

How the heck can they be "the names that started it all" when other than Natalie's son those children are the youngest ones mentioned at just over two months old??

July 7, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Duh

The "names that started it all" refers to the reason for this article. The Cannons' unique names for their twins inspired the author to write about unique names. Comprehend much?

July 7, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Shana Cooper

Granted that Aleph is unusual. However, first a parent could name their child anything they chose. If this causes a problem for the child it is strictly between the child and the parents once the child is old enough to discuss it. The second issue is that anyone who understands the Hebrew alphabet and the significant meaning of each letter knows that this actually makes sense. It definitely makes more sense for a Jewish woman to give her child a Hebrew name than for non Jewish parents to give their daughter the yiddish derivative of the hebrew name of Sara like Suri Cruise.

July 7, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  84. kgotway

I also know a family with the last name of Day – they had 5 daughters and named them Summer, Winter, Stormy, Sunny, and Spring. I kid you not, and what happens if they decide to take their partner's name Stormy Jones sounds like a romance author. I also have known an Evan Evans, Star Spangler, and a Staley (the mascot for the Cubs).

July 7, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  85. Bob

Alephant Millipied. Sounds like a new insect. Poor kid.

July 7, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  86. Bob

Congrats to subjecting your child to a lifetime of Alephant. Here come the weight problems.

July 7, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  87. Suzy

Sure it sounds a little weird, but Natalie is Israeli and it shouldn't be weird if she gives her son an Hebrew name.

July 7, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  88. Colin

"And the names that started it all:..." What the heck CNN? The twins were born in 2011. How were these the names that started it all?!?!

Massive fail.

July 7, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Retake the SAT

Apparently you didn't comprehend the last paragraph. In a nutshell, they said that the Cannon's were the inspiration for this article. . . not the other people's weird choices for baby names.

July 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  89. God

No comment!

July 7, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  90. LB

You forgot Bruce and Demi's girls...Rumer, Scout abd Tallulah.

July 7, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  91. kgotway

Ugg there are so many bad celebrity names out there: I especially hate Bear Blu (Alicia Silverstone) Tu Morrow (Rob Morrow) Kyd (David Duchovny and Tea Leoni) Memphis Eve (Bono) – basically anything that sounds like the celebrity threw a dart at a board of random words and came up with a name. None of these people are going to be able to have a normal job and honestly it might be cute when they are an infant but wait until these children are 40 and fat – not quiet so cute anymore. Also I hate when celebrities name their kids after the place where they were conceived, TMI.

July 7, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  92. MrsAmos

I teach in the public school system so I see all kinds of names. Try this one:
    La-a.(pronounce the 'dash')

July 7, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  93. Safder

It's also the first alphabet in Arabic...

July 7, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • shouki

1. In Arabic it is Alif, not Alef.
      2. The Hebrew alphabet precedes the Arabic one by several centuries.

July 7, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Safder

Shouki, you're right about Hebrew being older then Arabic, but I am not sure what's the point of that comment.

July 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  94. EatCats

Wasn't "ALF" a TV show in the 80's? LOL

July 7, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  95. Alex

"Seven" – what George Costanza wanted to name his future kid until another couple stole his idea...

July 7, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  96. Susann

Thank God for the German registrar who would simply forbid such names. Poor kids!

July 7, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  97. John

George Foreman had the right idea when he named all his kids George.

July 7, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  98. Pete

If Portman has a daughter next she can name her Beth.

July 7, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  99. jon

I appreciate that she named her baby "Aleph". It's a sign that she's proud of her Jewish heritage.

July 7, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  100. LOL

What's up with the dates on these comments?

July 7, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  101. LOL

I know some1 who named her 2 boys after vacuums, Kirby and Hoover. Now doesn't that "suck"? (Pun intended!)

July 7, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  102. dulce

Those names are so funny, poor kids. They might not get teased but they might need to explain what there names mean everytime someone says there name. That gets boring very fast. My name means candy or sweet in spanish.

May 5, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  103. nicole

Abcd. pronounced 'AB-sid-ee'. a little girl my sister knows. isn't that child abuse?

May 5, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • NamesROurs

Yes, I believe it is. My son knows a kid named "Jaques" which I thought was a great French name...until I learned it is being pronounced "jah-kez" smdh.

July 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Jane

I feel downright boring :)

May 5, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Sarah

I want to name something Dweezil!

May 5, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  106. Mr Sunshine

JennifUR ANUSton is an unusual name.

May 5, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  107. Kallen

If they think these names are the best. I would hate to see their worst picks. These names are terrible. Being unique was a bad choice in these cases.

May 5, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  108. Andulamb

By "faves" do you mean "dumbest"? If so, great list.

May 5, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  109. momof2

I havea cousin with ansual name,
    Guthrie Ethan Allen.

May 5, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  110. Jennifer

You forgot all of the Phoenix siblings (who originally had the last name of Bottom until their parents decided to change the family surname to Phoenix after the birth of the youngest child):

River Jude (Bottom) Phoenix
    Rain Joan of Arc (Bottom) Phoenix
    Joaquin Rafael (Bottom) Phoenix
    Libertad Mariposa (Bottom) Phoenix
    Summer Joy (Bottom) Phoenix

May 5, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  111. Black Man without a job

I named my daughter Jujube.

May 5, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  112. Peter Yanker

Oh who cares. Whats in a name, anyway.

May 5, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  113. Tom

I named my daughter Cornhole Cathy.

May 5, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  114. Katie

In my son's 1st grade class having a "common" name puts a child in the minority. Think again when you say their doomed to be made fun of!!

May 5, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  115. teacher

I had a student named Passionate Speech. Now, there's a name!

May 5, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  116. NeeNee

I spared my children but our last name is Hickey....I named my dog Dew

May 5, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  117. Nona

my grandkis middle names are Justice, Puzzle & Craig.... Craig? What kind of craziness is that?

May 5, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  118. CSM

Always disliked my boring name Karen, everywhere I went growing up there were 2 or 3 others. Wish my parents had been a little more creative (I work in design) such as Kara or Caryn...so I named my kids somewhat unique names without being crazy Taylor Renee, Shanna Jade, Parker North and Jared Cole. Nothing wrong with a little creative as long as you are not cursing the child with something awful.

May 5, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  119. Eli

My cousins names are – NBC and ABC

May 5, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  120. euleria

Frank Zappa famously commented that it was his kids' LAST name that would be the true burden to bear.

May 5, 2011 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  121. Tom

My name is – first name: Tom – Middle name: Jerry and friends. So Tom Jerry and friends G:&$@. I didn't have any problems growing up, I'm 18 and still alive. My sisters name is Gem and the holograms G:&$@.

May 5, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  122. carma

sounds like some one has too much time on their hands

May 5, 2011 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  123. carma

Rember there is good carma and bad. i perfer the good till "someone"needs their own carma in check

May 5, 2011 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  124. carma

Try being named carma!

May 5, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  125. Sunshine Girl *

Unique names are one thing. Nothing wrong with that. But come on now. Some of these celebrities have just gone to the extreme. Rather embarrassing Id say.

May 5, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  126. @Jenn

You should write a book with all the $h-it you wrote. yack yack yack. Some of you are way too into this post. Get a life.

May 5, 2011 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  127. Marieke

I know a girl named Alice Dee (LSD???)

May 5, 2011 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  128. dulcimer172

Bob Geldof's children should surely make this list -
    Fifi Trixibelle
    Peaches Honeyblossom
    Little Pixie
    and his adopted (from his late ex-wife) Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily

May 5, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  129. Bellah

I love unusually spelled names as well as unusual names. My name is Isybellah and my husbands name is eron (pronounced like aaron) and our son is Lycan Valkyrie (Lie-kan Val-ka-ree). I love my name and my husband loves his. And of course we love our sons name. I grew up with an unusual name and I never had any bad comments on it and my son has never had any bad reactions to his name. Some people just need to lighten up. all kids will end up being teased about something. weather its their name, their hair, their color, the way they talk, because they have 2 moms, because they are smarter than the other kids... Thats just the way kids are.

May 5, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  130. maykat18

I work at a perfume store and I kid you not when I sprayed Girgio Armani Acqua Di Gio for a couple who was expecting their frist child they decided right there on the spot to give their son the middle name of Di Gio so his full name was decided to be Sincere Di Gio Valdez. What are people thinking when they name their kid after a cologne!!!! After all that they didn't even buy the cologne from me!!!!!

May 5, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  131. Selfish Gene Simmons

You gorgot INXS frontman and that one lady's baby girl – Tigerlilly something.

So pretentious tese names, like there's something so important about their kids. Lennon named his kids normally, Julian, Sean...the rest of The Beatles named their kids pretty humbly in fact. And they are like bigger than all these idiots.= includin Ghett-Lo_Slelator and Mariah+Cannon.

May 5, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Jane

Tigerlilly was a character from PeterPan. It isn't that bad. River Phonex was named River. I like that. True some of the names are out there. My sister-in-law is expecting now. She wants a classic name. She thought my suggestion of Chloe was too strange. What is strange to one is normal to another.

July 7, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Big Rich

Didn't Nick Cage name his son Kal-El

May 5, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  133. OverKill

So because they give their children bad names you think the children are going to put them in a nursing home just for that? Anyway, with all their money, they won't need to step in one of those places. Think before you speak people.

May 5, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  134. Jenn

My children have normal names. However I used unique spelling on my middle child's name by spelling it Donivin rather then the traditional Donovan. Why? He goes by Doni; which is why I chose to spell it the way I did. He hasn't been ridiculed at all for it; and in fact he likes that his father and I chose to make his name unique without being extreme. I was also going to name my daughter Sarafina; which many found appalling. However if you look up the meaning of the name is means Angel; which she is. I suffered a massive miscarriage and almost lost my life. I was told I would never be able to carry another child to term and then had her! She beat all the odds and made it to 36 weeks. (Doctor wanted me to abort; found a new doctor). the only reason why I didn't is because my husband wasn't fond of the name; and his first child's name is Sara.

My friend on the other hand named her children River; (rain) Rayanne and (snow) Snowe; due to a fascination with water names. the next one will be Lake (boy) or (ravine) Ravinee (girl).

May 5, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  135. Rebel

@Whitney, what's wrong with my name? How about me giving you a new name which is " B**ch"

May 5, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  136. Ef You See Kay YOU ABC

My sons middle name is actually 'Danger'. Figured it would be a great line for the ladies without lying. "Danger is my middle name" I know its not original butif he dont like it I will let him do with what he wants when he is of age and I will pay for it.

May 5, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  137. Hibiscus

As somebody with a unique name; Hibiscus Joy Rainbow. This is what I have to say, to all of you people who say it's wrong, think of all the ridicule the kids will get....blah blah blah. Well I guess they just did, by ignorant YOU! Ya I will say when I was a kid I didn't like my nickname (biscuit) but now as a grown women I LOVE my name! It's nobody's but mine...and is always a great conversation! I don't think of my parents as narcissistic or selfish. And ya one day they will get old, and I (nobody else) will take care of them, as they did me.

May 5, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
    • freia_juliett

Thank you. I agree that some of the celebrity names are a little outrageous, but I adore unique names. The coolest people I knew had strange or different names.

May 5, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  138. Mommaboyz

These names are for pets not human children. Does anyone think outside the fact these babies will be adults one day?

May 5, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
    • anna

I agree, the names are ridiculous, but when they grow up everyone around them will have ridiculous names so they wont feel weird, lol

May 5, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I just had to laugh...you are right about those names sounding like pet's names. The funny thing is, dogs seem to have the more normal human names now. My dog, Layla, goes to dog school with Bri, Drew, Ellie and Toby. Sounds like a kindergarten class, not dog school. My mom's last dog was Susie and my aunt had Penny and Maggie.

May 5, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  139. darachara

I know of a couple that wanted to name their child after Cher but they wanted a different spelling. What did they decide? Chair. That's right. Chair.

May 5, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  140. rhea

Apple and Moses are not unique...here in the philippines we have a lot of Apple and Moses even before gwyneth gave them to their children

May 5, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  141. c. morbutz

If pilot had a sister it could be flight attendent. Locomotive and cattle car.

May 4, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  142. My Name is Mud

Michael Jackson's youngest child is named Prince Michael II. Blanket is not his real name.

May 4, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  143. c. morbutz

Audio visual? What gym locker was taken? Saw moon unit speak on her name. HATED IT. Parents should think b4 giving these swirlling inviting names. No wonder so many kids are f up. Their parents are nuts. Makes u think they didnt like their kids. Jermagesty? What fly spray was taken?

May 4, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  144. lateedah

Ummm hi im moroccan (im a rockin') nice job stupid parents

May 4, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Cindy

Don't forget about Tu Morrow (daughter of Rob Morrow from "Northern Exposure") and Blue Angel from U2's the Edge...

May 4, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Edge of Crapola

U2 is one of the most over rated bands EVER. Basically they STINK.

May 5, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  146. S Russell

Honour – Jessica Alba's daughter
    River – Keri Russell's son

May 4, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Honor

She spells it the American way, Honor, not the British, Honour. And I am rather partial to that name, having had it for almost 41 years.

July 7, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  147. N8ball

I have a cousin who named her two boys Tru Maziah and Cash! I cant remember Cash's middle name right now, but its equally as out there as Maziah!

May 4, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  148. MarknTracy

We chose a name that's easy to spell, say, remember and will hopefully NOT subject our son to painful tormenting/bullying! Come on parents-Think about your kids!!!!!

May 4, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  149. KB

How about Michael Jackson's son, Blanket?

May 4, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • YoYo

Blanket is his nickname. His real name is Prince Michael II. His brother is Prince Michael Joseph Jackson.

May 5, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  150. Smiley

Earmuffs McLederhosen.

May 4, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Elle

@abskkb
    Let me guess. She's an anime fan?

May 4, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Pajala

Why no Peaches Geldof?

May 4, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  153. mychele robtoy

I rly like the name moses and cruz. And i dont think there is anything wrong with the name brooklyn. I have a 4 yr old and thats her name. I stole it from a little boy break dancing on mtv when i was 7 months pregnant. Her father wanted to name her aqua.

May 4, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • K

Brilliant. "Mommy, who was I named after?" "A little kid I saw dancing on MTV." Please tell me that's your only child.

May 5, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

What's wrong with that? I was named after a character in Logan's Run, and I grew up to be a well adjusted adult. Names don't have to have deep meaning.

May 5, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  154. Lori

I think Jermajesty is so pompous and shows how full of himself Jermaine Jackson is. These celebrities are not picturing their kids with these names when they are older... you should try and imagine if this name will or will not fit your child at different stages in his or her life. The names can be unique, but they should not be so out there that the kid is going to constantly have to explain how to spell or pronounce it. And it should not invite ridicule! And make sure the first name goes well with the last name. Orlando Bloom's son is named Flynn which is a perfectly nice name, but say it with his last name... Flynn Bloom. ICK. I think celebrities should let real people name their kids!

May 4, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  155. jules

Compared to a majority of the freaky Hoolywood names, Apple and Moses are quite tame. As are Roc and Monroe. And you did forget Bronx Mogli and the Willis kids-Rumor and Scout are just stupid.

May 4, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Gregg

Bob Geldorf's daughter Fifi Trixiebell. Now that's a name.

May 4, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  157. T'Mershi Duween

Dweezil's birth name was something like James Euclid Ian Donald (after members of the Mothers of Invvention), though he had always been called Dweezil. Upon seeing his birth certificate at a very young age, he demanded his name be legally changed – or so the syory goes.

And that's a bit of nostalgia for the old folks.

May 4, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Father O'Blivion

I never heard that story before...but wasn't Moon Unit first? And someone else posted that she hated her name...

Look Here Brother...Who You Jivin' with that Kosmik Debris?

May 5, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  158. Siddokiddo

I think they're alright names I wouldn't name my kids that but they're cute. Personally I like old fashioned names.

May 4, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Maggie

You forgot Fifi Trixibelle Geldof!
    Bob certainly had his thinking cap on for that one!

May 4, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Jane

Kal-El Cage

Fifi Trixiebelle Geldof
    Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Angel Vanessa Geldof
    Little Pixie Geldof
    Heavenly Hiranni Tiger Lilly Hutchence
    (Paula Yates really hated kids, didn't she?)

Shiloh is pretty but it does not go well with the last name Pitt.
    Shiloh Pitt begs to be transposed into Pile o' ****

May 4, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  161. LindaLou

Doesn't anyone remember Johnny Cash and the song A Boy Named Sue?

May 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Couch tater

Audio Science, turn that stereo down! Pilot Inspektor, are you a REAL pilot? Crazy, but I love the Geldorfs names.

May 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Franki

My cousin named his son Atlas and his daughter Jetta (as in the VW car). Cute kids and the names have grown on us, but the family was quite aghast when they were first born.

May 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • tapu

I know a 4yo Tarzan (male). After we got used to it, it seemed kind of... okay. Wouldn't want to yell for him in public, though.

May 5, 2011 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  164. tiffany

Just sayin my uncle named his son axl. now thats manly just sayin, and he sed the next one will b rachet.

May 4, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Cash Cruz09

Never mind the comment was removed. My sons name is Cash Cruz, Cruz is a family name and Cash of course came from Johnny. We put it together to be unique without going over the top.

May 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • tapu

I would think a cash cruise would be one I couldn't put on a credit card.

May 5, 2011 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Cruz Fun

We had a cousin named Tom Cruz. You know he got second looks when he presented his credit card. People were probably really let down when he showed up for a reservation! We named our oldest son "Nash" after Nashville, TN where he was born. We call him our little Nashville souvenir!

July 7, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Cindy

I bet all of those kids will be getting their name changed as soon as they know how too! It's cool to be unique but that's taking it a little too far..

May 4, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Donald Trump

To all those parents giving children wierd names, YOUR FIRED!

May 4, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  168. !Tricia!

Audio Science get your punk@ss back in this house right now mister!

May 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  169. RT

What about "dumb parents".

May 4, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  170. HOWABOUT

HerHinass

May 4, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  171. laura

I really believe that celebrities that name their children these bizarre names are incredibly narcissistic. It's just another way of saying "Hey look at me.". They have no idea how truly hurtful those names can be. I agree totally–karma can be a b****!

May 4, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally Sasser

Sadly, that has become the norm for most new parents, too. Just look at the birth announcements in your local paper. Most of the names are so trendy/cutesie it physically hurts. Even those that you think have a normal name , like when your co-worker introduces her new son "Jason" – you later find out is actually "Jaey'Sunn" or some other such nonsense. I dare you to find a nice normal, "Steven" or "Melissa" anymore.

Do these people even realize that someday these kids are going to be 35? Could you possibly find a way to take a lawyer named "Ka-El" seriously? Would you let anyone called "Pilot Inspektor" do your biopsy? Hell, would you trust "Audio Science" to rotate your tires? No, it's not their fault their parents are idiots, but the stigma will always stick with them anyway.

May 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • I don't have any more hotddogs

Oh Sally – you make excellent points! Even my own step child has a few extra Ys that her name certainly doesn't need. Luckily for Pilot, if he becomes a doctor he'll just be Dr. Lee and maybe Audio Science will just prefer Cy (as in short for science..)

May 4, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • SallyIsNotTheCutestNameByTheWay

Kal-El is a great name. It tends toward appearing to be middle-eastern, with the "El" suffix & it is certainly not laughable. I think a lawyers last name is more commonly used anyhow. Every name was "made up" at some point.

July 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clayton C

@Sally it's Kal-El...not Ka-El. (pronounced "call-el") If you're gonna pinpoint names that shouldn't be taken seriously, "Sally" sounds more like a waitress than a brain surgeon. I'm just sayin'.

July 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Veronica

Jason Lee's kid's name is Pilot Inspektor.

May 4, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Kate

idk how someone can do rod of there names to their kids but my daughters middle name is jellybean but its her middle name if she really hates it no one ever has to know it

May 4, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  174. jillmarie

I'm sure there are many others I can't remember right now, but Jenna Elfman's son is named Story. Also, the Beckhams with Cruz, Romeo, and Brooklyn. What will their daughter be named?!

May 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally Sasser

Well, cinsidering that the Beckhams have already given two of their three boys girl's names – I am guessing the girl is going to be named Buzz. Or Festus.

May 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • G$

They actually named their kids after the places they were conceived. On a Curse, in Rome and In Brooklyn.

May 5, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
    • mom

I hope she wasn't conceived in Detroit

May 5, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • athena

Cruz is not because he was conceived on a cruise, it's a Spanish name and David was playing in Real Madrid at the time! Ha ha ha, that was funny though!

July 7, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  175. Lennie Ross

She's so beautiful and aging gracefully! Not to mention popping out twins after 40?! Jeeze, we women certainly have to deal with fighting the biological clock, but she's winning the battle quite well :)

Lennie Ross

May 4, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  176. mckee

I know two people named Sage– both female.

May 4, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg

I'm pretty sure "Sage" is not the reason that one made it to the list ...

July 7, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  177. fiona

Rumer, Tallulah and Scout Willis.

May 4, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  178. tae

What about Palin's kids? Those are messed up.

May 4, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Elle

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gwen Stefani who named her son Zuma

May 4, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheri

she named her daughter puma nesta rock. her son is named kingston. which is a little out there but much more normal sounding than puma

May 5, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Quirk

Kingston and Zuma are both boys

July 7, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Thaleis

Actually I think Zuma means "joy" or "bliss" in arab... So it doesn't sound too bad. I think it's kinda cute for a little boy but later ? I'm not sure... When these kids will be adult with jobs and business cards and will have to do things like meet their boyfriend or girlfriend's parents for the first time. And when they have to say "Hi, I'm Pilot Inspektor" they're going to have to explain that name over and over and it is always going to precede them. It actually detracts from your personality and could be totally incongruous with it.

Unless, of course, you are named Kutter and smell like bug spray.

January 23, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Dietpoor

Sabato's son's name is Harvey Kamanaalohamaikalani. Hawaiian for beloved gift from the heavens. Wow

May 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Jeanine

I don't like the twins names. Mariah Carey is out there!

May 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  182. abskkb

Try these names my daughter came up for her brood of kids..Mystery, Sasuke, Sayuri, and Zorii..hope she knows she won't get a nice nursing home!!

May 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Me :)

I'm not even going to try to spell it out. But, Antonio Sabato Jr. became a dad again over the weekend and their kid has an extremely long first name.

May 4, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Puffin O'Toodlekins

Antonio Kamakanaalohamaikalani Harvey Sabato Iii – I just copy and pasted... lol SMH

May 4, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie

In Hawaii it is traditional (for many) to give a hawaiian middle name. Yes they are long names but there meaning is beautiful. Usually the child is called by their first name or a short version of their Hawaiian name. For example, the babies middle name is Kamakanaalohamaikalani (Kah- mah-kana-aloha-my-kah-lani) maybe they will call him Makana (gift) or Kalani (the heavens)

May 5, 2011 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  184. last lap

The kids will just change their names when they grow up, like David Bowie's son Zowie did and Susan St. James son Harmony did, too.

May 4, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHERI

a child may be able to change their name legally when they turn 18 but years of bullying and name calling can't be erased, not even with years of therapy. why put a child through that? its not worth their mental health.

May 5, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Cassie

They don't have to wait until they are 18. A name can be changed at any age. Miley Cyrus did it at like 15.

August 13, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  185. The Doug

Nic Cage's little boy...Kal-El.
    For any who may not be familiar, that's Superman's real Kryptonian name.

May 4, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  186. dd

Knox and Pax are such harsh, awful names. Ironically, though Shiloh and Vivian are very cheery.

May 4, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • cc

Doesn't pax mean peace?

May 4, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • tapu

It may mean peace but it sounds like he carries a gun.

May 5, 2011 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
    • bitnar

Pax sounds like Max. I never pictured a gun when I heard it. Our opinions don't matter, anyway.

July 7, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

I actually like Knox and Pax – they seem appropriate when you see pictures of the kids. The name Shiloh reminds me of a dog (as in the children's book), so I don't know that's just kinda weird. And Vivian sounds like someone who wears fur jackets and smokes cigarettes in quellazaires.

July 8, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Whitney

You forgot Rebel, Renegade, Racer, Rocket, and Rogue! Though I can't remember which celebrity that was.

May 4, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  188. cheri

all these celebs should undergo a psych evaluation. who in their right mind would name these children this? any person should have an evaluation before naming their child if they are going to put something like these or similar on the birth certificate because, guess what is going to happen? you are subjugating your child to a lifetime of bullying and name calling all because you thought jermagesty or audio science was cool. you obivously don't understand the reprecussions this will have as the child grows. I love most of these celebs but come on, what kind of parental responsibility are you displaying?

May 4, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • hehe101

Aleph is a wonderfully ethnic sounding name. My cousin (2nd cousin) wrote a series where one of the character's names sounded like "O snot". It was an actual isreali name.

July 7, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  189. iola ballard

why cant they give them names they will not hate when they get older some of them names are pretty selfish on the parents part God bless their children when they get older and keep them from the harrassment

May 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Elle

I spy with my little eye a bunch of Mary Sue names~ Let's just hope the kids don't end up being Mary Sues themselves...

May 4, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Amp

Pilot Inspektor- Jason Lee's daughter. K is not a typo.

May 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  192. cherie

Its very unique the babies names of mariah and nick cannon. Their names r strong and with that they r going to b beautiful in life. Congrats!

May 4, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr.T

Um yea. Real strong. One named for her style of decorating and the other named for Marilyn Monroe. Stupid, like all the other stupid celeb names.

May 5, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  193. guest

Hate to break it to the author of this article, and Stallone, but "Sage" is not a masculine name, nor particularly feminine either. I know several people with this name, both men and women. The first person I met with this name was a woman. I think it works okay for either gender, however, I think that if it leans in either direction, it sounds a little more feminine than it does masculine. It sounds like a stupid hippie name either way, but definitely a bit more girly than manly.

May 4, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Evel Knievel

Mariah was HUGE when they took this pic. She musta been eating for 10.

May 4, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Mormon

I bet her cans are huge right now...

May 4, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Timme62

Hope these people realize that their kids will be picking out their nursing homes when the time comes. Karma is a bi*ch.

May 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • [lol]

LOL!!!

July 7, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Hehe101

I don't know, while Aleph may be uncommon in the US, it may be a little less odd in the Jewish circle. If she's raising her son Jewish, then perhaps his name can double as his hebrew name! My middle name is like that, though it's Arielle, not one of the coolest looking letters in the world.

July 7, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Poop

"Aleph" is like naming your kid "A." It's not more common in "Jewish circles" than the name "A" is in "English circles."

July 7, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  197. jillmarie

I was thinking the same thing- I feel sorry for the Geldorf girls!

May 4, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Sammarah

Fifi Trixibelle Geldof, Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof and Little Pixie Geldof should have made this list. As well as Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence -Geldof .Those names are way more out there than Moses and Apple.

May 4, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • VR13

Can you imagine that girl introduces hereself to a potential suitor, "Hi, my name is Little!" Though Fifi doesn't sound much better.

July 7, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  199. LEE

Busy Phillips. That's a stupid name.

May 4, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Superhiro

"Jermajesty" That's hilarious.

May 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  201. tapu

Fail. Moeisha is a traditional Irish name for males. White's not too right after all, huh, chump?

May 5, 2011 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |