Bow Wow opens up on being a father
July 7th, 2011

Bow Wow opens up on being a father

Bow Wow, born Shad Moss, is definitely all grown up: The 24-year-old actor and rapper confirms in a letter to his fans on his website that he's the father of a baby girl.

Bow Wow explains that he's kept quiet about becoming a father because he was nervous about how fans would take the news, but adds that he wanted to be honest about what's really going on in his life.

"I felt as if i had no purpose to live (Thinking selfishly) until god gave me the illest gift of my life," he writes, adding that "nothing amounts to my lil girl."

He goes on, "My lil girl is getting BIG fast. i love every minute of it. She inspires me to go harder.Even made me treat my mother better, its like it made me into a man over night."

And while he's tweeted a photo of the designer wear his daughter sports, fans shouldn't expect snapshots of his daughter, since he says he wants her to be able to "have everything I didn't."

Having started his career at an early age, Bow Wow says, "I know how fame is. I missed out on so much that i now know how important it is to cherish and have those things in your life." He admits that "For the past 3 years i been batteling [sic] life. Even thought about taking my own. I felt like as a kid i did everything and saw everything too fast which spoiled my adult years."

But as of now, the rapper is looking forward to the future, and focusing on positivity, he writes. He's also got a documentary in the works, "Who Is Shad Moss," that will unveil more of what life has been like for the artist.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

Next entry »
  1. renee

congrats:)

July 28, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jienelle

July 9, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jienelle

i am so happy 4 u that u have a baby girl like u can take care of her and not be like yo daddy wht he did to u was bad but u can do better i love u shad

July 9, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Koon Huntin

He is so cute. I wanna hump his black behind until there is seepage.

July 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. nibbler

Wow Guest...let me think about that....hmmm *POOT* <-smell that one.

July 8, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. Guest

I don't think you realize that when you post your hateful diatribes...what it really screams is " I'm a insecure, impotent, scared inadequate man who will never amount to much, so I chose transfer all my shortcomings on others, mostly traditionally easy targets".
    FYI – It's 2011, we can see and read racist & bigots for they really are. We feel sorry for you... If you try you too can accomplish somethings and make your true mark. Just get up, get out and get some!!!!

July 8, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. Tony

Who cares...if he were true man, he would marry the mother. These dudes make me sick.

July 8, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. the one

he is a fake....he tries to be hard...he soft

July 8, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. kendooll

good luck with the kid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 8, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. Peace

BV, PMS? Lol !

July 7, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Shawtyx5

I think that it is exciting that you have a little girl I know how you feel when things happen to you and you try t deal with it as an adult so congrates to your little girl and continue doing the what BOW WOW does being good at being a rapper and a father.

July 7, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Beautiful Vixen

Congrats on the date r-ape Bow Wow: "Yeah, she is getting big fast; just like her big fat white ugly mama". Ehh..feeling mean and just wanted to say that to p!ss people off.

July 7, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mia

@Chucklehead. I agree, you should know. Your mama "kicked in' for your HIV drugs and you're still hear 18 years later

July 7, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chucklehead

Mom, you shouldn't be worrying about me when you are clinging to life at the hospi_ce.

July 11, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. The Måd Råp3r

You too charlie. Man i was just out there walking my moms dog for herand the air is like a swamp.

July 7, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. charlie crack

@mad- he thinks he's a rapper. Really, a nobody! Have good one bro...cold one in the air to ya

July 7, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Itsamemario

congrats on the daughter shad..

July 7, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Chucklehead

His baby mama should at least kick in for their daughter's HIV drugs.

July 7, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ana

who is his baby mama????

July 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mia

@Butthole Surfer. It appears, by your name that either you just got out of jail or anticipating going sometime soon to Surf some Buttholes for yourself. And tracie, grow up. Why are you so fake racist? You mad because a brother turned down your ashy red tw@t? Peace, I'm out!!

July 7, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  20. WOW

@TRACIE: you're a racist pile of $H!T!

July 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms A

Tracy,
      I agree with your commit on surf sh*(&(*&(. He is another hater and racist. I am sure Bow wow thinks Surf s$%#@% can kiss his a*&*(&. Haters are always so negative as if Bow wow cares about what he thinks. Look at miSS cASEY aNTHONY AT least Bow wow Loves his child and is not a cold hearted baby killer.

Not many minorities are ever convicted of this kind of mess. And lets also talk about how heartless and cold hearted some people are. Surfer dood is a loser............... I Support WOW

July 8, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  21. elle

congrats Bow!!

July 7, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. the punisher

To you still have a lot to learn, homey. Now the $h!t gonna be comin' back at ya. Get you some pampers. And I'm sure you gonna let your girl date a rapper, too.

July 7, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Name*jazmin lackey

I am so shocked i never thought he would do this to me. My heart hurts so bad. This just isnt a easy secret to say publicaly. I still love shad and always will but i wil never get over this.

Love your #1 fan

July 7, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. charlie crack

He can name the kid "lil puppy chow wow".....

July 7, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your Mother

DUMB.

July 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • maybe2011

Why do we care what anyone names their kids/? I do not get how they get to change their names so easily. Shall we start out naming our kids names when they are born and then pay whatever the fee is to then change their names as they grow? Lil Bow Wow , Big Dog Daddy, Grandfather Dog? The whole thing is ludicrous. Pick a name and stick with it. Or don't name your kid and let them pick their own as soon as they speak. Maybe their first words ever uttered would be a good name. Something like Goo Goo if you cannot make up your mind.

July 7, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • LoopsFroot

"lil puppy chow wow"
      LMAO

July 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • eddie

He is just another child support dodging ape.

July 11, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |