'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' will go on
July 7th, 2011

'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' will go on

You can always count on a soap opera to offer up a twist.

CNN has confirmed that ABC has licensed "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" to media/production company Prospect Park in a deal which will allow the shows  to continue production after leaving the airwaves.

The agreement means that Prospect Park will continue to produce the long-running soaps, which will be made available to fans online and via internet enabled television sets.

“We are privileged to continue the legacy of two of the greatest programs to air on daytime television, and are committed to delivering the storylines, characters and quality that audiences have come to love for over 40 years," said a statement from Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz of Prospect Park. "‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’ are television icons, and we are looking forward to providing anytime, anywhere viewing to their loyal community of millions."

The move received the thumbs up from the shows' creator, Agnes Nixon.

"Together, we are a big family that keeps going, and I’m looking forward to working alongside these wonderful people as we ensure that the shows will continue with all the love and excitement we’ve always had," Nixon said. "I also am so happy for our loyal fans, whom we love so much, and who have been so supportive over the last 40 plus years.”

ABC will broadcast its final episode of “All My Children” on Friday, September 23 and will air the final episode of “One Life to Live” in January 2012.

« Previous entry
  1. luke kirk

Wow, marvelous weblog format! How long have you been blogging for? you made running a blog look easy. The total look of your site is great, let alone the content!

April 12, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. hotels booking online

You are in reality a good webmaster. The website loading pace is amazing. It sort of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you've done a great task in this subject!

April 4, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. cassy

I am boycotting all ABC programs after OLTL goes off, right now OLTL is the only program I still watch on ABC.

October 17, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. shirley

I am so glad they will be on the net, I grew up with alot of the cast and not seeing them is not right. T.V. has become nothing but re-runs and reality shows and I won't be watching "The Chew" or anything else on ABC

September 27, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Crystal

I am not sure what is going on. I thought that the show was cancel. Now I am hearing that they will be on the internet. Why can't the actors take a pay cut and be put on the soap channel. After all commcerials pays the bills and the actors can continue the show and do what they being during to make extra money. Take it to the Big Screen and sale other things to make income. Ms Lucci always selling gym equipment and facial products to make extra money and making movies. Make Lifetime/We/LMN movies and on the Big Screen. As for the cooking program. I wish them the best, but I do not understand why they are not on the cooking channel. If they do not get the support they need to stay on the main stations, I hope they get a chance to move to one of the many cooking channels cable has to offer. I do not wan to see anyone out of a job, so I wish them all good luck and much success...

September 23, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lauryn

Thanks for posting that Kim!!! I just entered the contest!!!

July 19, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. Tomas

Really Kim? I'm so excited about the opportunity to meet James Scott and Joe Mascolo in person. I'm a fan of DOOL as well.
    Thank you for sharing!!!

July 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kim

I'm very happy about this. Do you guys like DOOL? Did you hear about this really exciting contest to meet James Scott and Joe Mascolo from Days of Our Lives on the Days set and to appear with them in Soap Opera Digest? Check it out at http://www.classwish.org/days/fame

July 16, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Stacey

Soaps aren't for eveyone, but for those of you who knock 'em...why are you even here posting? Sounds like you negative folks trolling the message board to comment on things you don't even care about are the ones who really need to find something more productive to do.

Glad to hear AMC and OLTL will carry on...

July 12, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. theresa

This is wonderful news. We can continue an era that would have sadly ended. It is just too bad that elderly people like my aunt who is 84 years old and has been following these shows since they started has no way to watch now. She does not have an any internet access, so her era will end. What a shame. Some things should remain traditional – TELEVISION. But great news for internet users.

July 10, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hazelharkey

When ABC figures out their new shows are bombing now matter how good they tell us hey are, they will still have AMC and OLTL up to date and ready to put back in their rightful places on ABC daytime. I think having AMC and OLTL continue on the Internet is a good idea, at least they are not being lost forever. http://bit.ly/oGfSx9

July 10, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  12. janelhill

I am so excited to get to see One Life to Live continue. I will pay whatever and buy whatever tv. I have been a fan of the original Todd and Blair since college and excited that Roger Howerth came back. http://bit.ly/oGfSx9

July 9, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  13. Tom

I'm bummed over this. I enjoyed the finales of GL and ATWT, and was looking forward to all the resolutions on OLTL. Now it will just go on ad infinitum, no end or resolution in sight. Well, I'll just be happy for the rest of you. Good on you, bad on me. Enjoy, everyone!

July 8, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Peace

@ maybe2011, That was good, made me lol ! You are right, btw! Who needs comedy shows when you can come to "marquee land", always a good laugh here! Thanks & have a :) day!

July 8, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  15. charlie crack

@maybe2011-thats a good one! Oh, and I take back my comment bout the wine and all....I was trying to joke too, but, mine came out wrong. TTYL

July 8, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  16. maybe2011

I say that if they hurry they can all catch the last shuttle mission, pack your bags, take your popcorn and have a nice flight.I think its weightless out there..Am i right?

July 8, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  17. charlie crack

@hmmm- you have a good one too...be good!

July 8, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  18. hmmm

Good am Charlie! OMG, you, my friend, are waaay too funny!!! Thanks for the am laugh! BV, If your head does start twisting & it's not PMS, we'll have Charlie google an exorcist for ya! Lol Chuckles back to ya! Enjoy your day CC & BV !

July 8, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  19. charlie crack

@peace-glad it stayed on air for you then. Thats cute (puter' capable). Yeah, @mad knows what to do. He's a whiz w/ puters'. Got us out of a jam last w/e when site actin' funny. @BV seems a bit toouchy so I'm not gettin' in her way. She wants truck loads of butteredpopcorn for all the lazy ones and she's not jokin' round! She said she's gona have it brought in 18wheelers and take a shovel and toss it on all the fat lazy people then spray em' w/ butter from a super soaker! Man, we've gota do somethin'! That crazy chick can dunk her kids and get away w/ it but they'll put our @BV away for good for that orville redenbaucher crime!

July 8, 2011 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  20. NanookoftheNorth

This was such great news today ! THANKS so much to all the fans who called, wrote, e-mailed, faxed, texted, joined in the online campaigns and mailed in their bars of soap to "save our soaps" ! Now maybe, we won't "outlive" our soaps afterall :-)

July 8, 2011 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  21. Willa Nyoka

I WAS READING ABOUT KEEPING ON ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE ONLINE BUT HAVE NOT HEARD WHERE IT WILL BE SEEN AT. COULD YOU LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND IT ONLINE AT.I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT SOMEONE TAKING THEM BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM AND I SURE DON'T WANT TO MISS THEM. SO I WOULD APPRECIATE SOMEONE LETTING ME KNOW WHAT STATION ONLINE IT WILL BE SHOWN AT. THANK YOU.

July 8, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
    • ddferrari

Well since the shows are on ABC, I'm 99% sure that they will be on ABC.COM. At the very least, ABC's site will provide links. I'm sure that the shows will inform viewers many times- and far in advance- as to where to watch the online shows.

If all else fails, go to your favorite search engine (google/yahoo/bing etc.) and type in 'All My Children online' or 'One Life to Live online'. Remember, none of this starts until for quite some time, so relax!

July 8, 2011 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  22. hmmm

@ maybe 2011-Sounds as if u watch that lame show. U know a lot about it ! HA! That's funny! URA strange troll !

July 7, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Beautiful Vixen

@Snide Remark: Oh hush now. I will crawl into my hole when I'm good an ready. Take some lessons from Mad's grandpa and learn something. @Peace..lol..sorry girl, not meant you. Yeah I know you like the soaps. The wicked and mean came over me and I wanted to write something mean just to p!ss some people off. It must be the time before the curse (if you know what I mean). Last I checked I wasn't throwing up pea soup and my head wasn't spinning around...chuckles

July 7, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  24. maybe2011

I think it might be time for some of these lame soaps to go byebye. How many times can one woman get married, even to the same one 5 times? get new blood in there, hang up the same old lazy lines that have been going on forever, maybe some guest aliens or send a couple into space to jack up the excitement. They gotta get out of "Pine Valley" for sure. They have already slept with everyone there. Probably they re all inter related by now.

July 7, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Linda Z

Great!!

July 7, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Peace

Hey Charlie, BV, & Mad! How ya doing? I'm an AMC fan, my tv is 'puter capable. Now I have to figure out how that works!(I don't like sitting in front of a computer) Mad, maybe your Grandpa can help me!! He sounds awesome! :) Good eve all !

July 7, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Wendy

Why couldn't they have done this with As the World Turns?!?!?!? Jerks!

July 7, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  28. snide remark

Beautiful Vixen and those like you: kindly crawl back into the hole you came from. For soap fans: congrats. I'm glad you keep your shows on. Also, don't assume everyone who watches soaps is fat or lazy. A lot of active people watch tv, too.

July 7, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. sunny d

What about As the World Turns??? Bad acting but loved it!

July 7, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Beautiful Vixen

Hey there Mr. Charlie Crack. How are you?

July 7, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Beautiful Vixen

and the fat azses keep getting fatter. Do we dare move.. More popcorn and lard for the cows please.

July 7, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • STLRose

Too funny! 'Cause camping your carcass in front of a computer keyboard and monitor for hours on end is so much more healthy. Pot. Kettle. Black.

July 8, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  32. KevinTraci

Soaps help us to escape our real problems, if only for an hour. For decades, they have challenged actors and writers alike to keep the fans at the edge of their seats. Mystery, comedy, love, hate, compassion, who could ask for more? We do, thats who! Give us soap over reality shows anytime, who's participants think their personal problems are remotely interesting. Thanks Prospect Park.

July 7, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  33. dallasmom

Thrilled with the news. Robert Iger must have made Anne Sweeney fix the mess she created. ABC/Disney should remember that hell hath no fury than a soap fan scorned.

July 7, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  34. freddy j

all the new tv sets or dvd players have ethernet and allow netflix and utube ect.. this will be one more added to that lineup of networks. This new to the old school peeps but they can addapt with a little help. Its the way things are going. I am happy that they made this move. How wonderful for all the actors to be able to keep thier jobs. I am sure the quality and production will be top knot. Way to go!

July 7, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. JJsMom

Oh WOW "all" the loyal AMC and OLTL fans (and there's ALOT OF THEM) will be turning off their TV sets for a couple of hours in the afternoon......tis is GREAT NEWS! ABC should be ashamed of themselves for cancelling these 2 shows, I was thinking maybe CBS and NBC might pick them up, but, hey who needs them.....

July 7, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  36. not a fan of soaps

publicity stunt!

July 7, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  37. charlie crack

Whoa...got booted from tv to the internet?? Sucks to be them...

July 7, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Mike

There still are television syndicators out there, right? For example, the companies that syndicate 100 Judge shows. Why can't they make it available to local stations as alternatives to the network crud they're planning to cram down America's view holes?

July 7, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  39. MiracleJo

I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy right now.. I just love one life to live and all my children.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I am not thrilled of watching on my little computer screen, but you betcha I will....

July 7, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Laura

While I am thrilled my mother is not. What about those that do not own computers(and are unwilling or unable to learn)? Kind of a bummer for them. I also find it hard to believe that all the actors will be happy to continue on an internet show. Well, I'll keep an open mind but it may as well still be cancelled to my mom.

July 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Duchess

July 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gigi McKnight

YES, YES please let me know where to go and how to find my beloved soaps. I'm just so thrilled to know they will be continuning. Great news...

July 9, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Allison

I HOPE ALL MY CHILDREEN & ONE LIFE TO FANS ARE HAPPY WE FINNALY STOOD UP TO THE BIG GIANT COMPANYS THAT ARE ONLY AFTER PROFTS!!!!! THIS A BLESSING HOPE TO SHOW ABC EXECTIVVES WE DO NOT NEED THEIR PROGRAMS BECAUSE WE HAVE A DAYTIME PROGRAMS ON THE NET.... THANKS ROSPECT PARK .

July 7, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willa Nyoka

ALLISION WHERE ONLINE WILL THEY BE SHOWING THE SOAPS. I AM HAPPY ABOUT IT BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE ONLINE THAT YOU CAN BE ABLE TO WATCH THEM AND I DON'T WANT TO MISS THEM. THANK YOU.

July 8, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  43. teresa

that's the best news I have heard all week. THANKYOU THANKYOU,

July 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Michelle

Great news! Those new programs that ABC are planning to put on can just go where the sun don't shine.

July 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willa Nyoka

COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE ONLINE THAT YOU CAN BE ABLE TO WATCH THESE TWO SOAPS AT CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO MISS IT. I HEARD THEY WERE GOING TO BE ONLINE BUT I HAVE NOT FOUND OUT WHERE AS OF YET SO I WAS WONDERING IF YOU KNEW AND I WOULD APPRECAITE IT IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW WHERE ONLINE THEY WILL BE AT. THANK YOU.

July 8, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  45. Ann54

Bon Bon stocks just went through the roof

July 7, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • rachelb1227

hmm, im assuming you're not a soap fan, since you leave a comment that stereotypes those who are. not all, if any of us, sit around on the couch all day, stuffing our faces with bon bons..im a stay at home mom (again, dont stereotype me into a bon-bon eating fan, because im absolutely not, not that it should matter if i was ) others work outside the home and still like to watch their shows on dvr or soapnet. soaps to me are no different then a tv drama others watch at night. i would really love to know the difference between one life to live and greys anatomy-not much, other then ga is at night..but no one who watches ga will agree with me im sure, because they dont like that stigma of a 'soap opera' attached to their beloved show. well, oltl is just as important to us, as greys anatomy, or any other night time drama, is to others. and im sure while watching those specific night time shows, that those fans sit and snack too, but thats fine to you guys-its the daytime soap watchers who sit and drool at the tv, while stuffing our faces with bon bons or whatever. reason for my lengthy comment, is because im sick of non-soap watchers assuming all of us fans are a specific type, and for the most part we are not. stay at home moms, working moms, disabled moms-oh, and even guys watch it too. so please dont sit there and stereotype all of us-because you dont know any of us..you know of the assumed myth of a soap watcher, thats it. know your facts about people, before you assume.

July 7, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Victor

More ABC interns always running around talking about bonbons....and probably paid to do so!

what wonderful news about AMC and OLTL!

July 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • ddferrari

@ rachelb1227 Seriously, one silly comment about Bon Bons sends you on a ridiculous rant?

Well, your post backfired. You sound exactly like the stereotype you're complaining about: a bored housewife with too much free time on her hands (hence, the long rant), living vicariously through soap operas (thus, the crazy defensiveness) to escape from her mundane life.

Capital letters and the occasional new paragraph would also be appreciated by all.

July 8, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
    • JIm

Ms. Sweeney, Don't you have better things to do, like creating you next show called "the test pattern". And I am sure it is Brian Frons Frons eating bonbons. LOL

July 8, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
    • intheknow

Rachelb1227 – just relax and enjoy your shows. You're right, we don't all eat bon bons. As for me, I'm a Coffee Cake girl.

All kidding aside, I am very glad these shows will continue, they meant a lot to my mom.

July 8, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |