Nick Lachey explains why his wedding will be televised
July 5th, 2011

Nick Lachey explains why his wedding will be televised

For a man who knows what it’s like to have his marriage documented on reality TV, Nick Lachey admits he thought twice about inviting TV cameras to his second wedding.

The 37-year-old explained to reporters over the weekend that he and fiancée Vanessa Minnillo, 30, did wrestle with the decision to do a TLC wedding special “for obvious reasons," according to Us Weekly.

“Having done reality TV in the past, I didn't necessarily want to jump right back into it without having thought it through to great length, and we did,” Lachey said.

The reason they opted to televise their wedding was because the filming would promptly come to an end after that night, he explained.

"It's a one-off special, a chance to kind of have a great experience and a great moment in our lives documented on TV, and also for us, to have a great wedding video at the end of it," he said.

Lachey was also pretty adamant that he's not looking for a repeat of the MTV show "Newlyweds," which captured some of his married life with Jessica Simpson, whom he was married to from 2002 to 2006.

"I would never want to put ourselves through a reality show again," Lachey said. "This is a different process: There's a beginning, an end, and then it's over, it's done."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. iphone 4s unlock

appropriate nutrients and vitamins and also hardwearing . human body iphone 4s unlock
    [b]iphone 4s unlock [/b] iphone 4s unlock

March 11, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gina

Nobody should watch it. He doesn't deserve the attention he's trying to get.

July 18, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Just Me

Poor, poor Vanessa. I feel bad she did not see what a pompous jerk he is before she married the idiot.

July 18, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jmg

He's too broke to pay for the wedding himself, so he gotta turn to TV. Vanessa will be done with him once she sees what a moocher he is.

July 18, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rhonda

This guy just doesn't learn a lesson, does he? He's heading down the same deadend once again by blabbing his personal life to the world.

July 18, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lauren L

This is the only way Nick gets to see himself on TV again. Only thing is, No One will be watching. We are totally done with him. (Sorry, Vanessa)

July 18, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mlag

why the heck not??

he's long past his fame and glory days, whatever boy band he was in has long since fizzled, he's broke and about to marry a material girl..smart move. i'd accept money for it too..

July 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tessa

"For us to have a great wedding video to watch" Uhm, what's up, Nick, can't afford to hire a professional like everyone else does to video your wedding? He sounds like a fool trying to fool everyone. We all know you need the money, you lame ass.
    Jessica, you're sooooooooooo lucky you're not with the lying azzhole anymore. You were way too good for him!

July 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lily

I think getting married on TV is ultimately "tacky" and begs the question why would a couple in love need to turn their marriage vows into an act on TV? The reason he gave was absurd! Nevertheless, I certainly wish these two long timers the best for a successful marriage.

July 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kim

He obviously hasn't learned from his first time filming his wedding and the newlywed years. And he must really be in need of some money!!!

July 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • lulu

I just don't think that Nick cares. The reason why his first marriage failed because Jess left him. I don't think it had anything to with the televised wedding or Newlyweds. But Nick and Jess were each other first loves. I don't see why Nick would want to televise this wedding based on a rebound. .

July 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. EMMAMATHERS

Ok, I 'm really gettting sick and tired of these two. And no I'm not "hating on them"; I get it their in love but why oh why must you have to televise it for (what their hoping for) the whole world to see. He got got at least 50 million from the divorce from his first wife; and I gather from watching Newlyweds that he's pretty good with money so he does'nt seem like he'll squander it. V gets a gig here and there so what is it? Do they just want more money? Are they that desperate to remain in the spotlight that they will televise something as intimate and personal as a wedding? Didn't Nick learn anything from his previous marriage? I know I'm asking alot of questions but I just don't understand who is that fascinated with this couple for them to even think that they should televise this event. I don't think V has that many fans and Nick may some but it doesn't seem like it's that serious. They are really starting to remind me of Heidi and Spencer with this over exposure of their lives.

July 6, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. sickened

Wow, there are some nasty, mean people on this site. Let me guess.....you probably wear Peace and Love t-shirts and believe in the No8 campaign for gays but according to the comments on this site you do nothing but spread hate. I have to go now because I can no longer tolerate the vile comments.

July 6, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Vanessa

He doesnt have enough money to get a "videographer" for his wedding video. Saaad!!!!!
    Jessica has more class and money!

July 6, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. paul

stop, yes stop deleting my post you stupid whatever you are.
    I did not post before so how could it sould like a previous post.
    1) V. is way uglier than Jessica I am a guy I know
    2) V. you will be sorry for marrying Nick, He does not love u, you can see it in his eyes, smile, face, Nick tell the girl the
    truth. I know it will hurt both of you, but I married a guy and I didn't love him, and I paid the rest of my life for it.
    3) i truly think Nick is still in love with Jessica just sayin.

HEY STUPID PERSON DON'T DELETE POST, DO YOUR JOB AND BE THANKFUL YOU GOT ONE DO U HERE ME.

July 6, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. paul

nick and whoever that thing he is marrying, doe not need to bring beauty jessica in their dirty picture.
    firt) Jessica is way prettier, just like jenniston is prettier than weirdo jolie
    second)

July 6, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Angelface

He isn't broke...he got something around 35 million for the divorce. And you know Jessica will sell pics of her wedding if not put it on TV. She tells every other detail of her relationship so why wouldn't she use her wedding for more publicity? I say go for it to Nick and Vanessa if it means the wedding is paid for and he gets to rub it in his spoiled ex's face. I also love everyone who says "who cares?" You cared enough to come to the site, read the story and post a comment so I think you care a little....

July 6, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. syl

Why would he want to do this again? its all about the money. we all know that. they are nobody anyway, who cares about them. Am sure jessica will have something better to do that day. They just want to hold on to their fame as well. too bad.

July 6, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sherrie

No Offense but he seems to be so full of himself..His ex..is a beautiful happy women..who is sooooo moved on..and don't need to broadcast her wedding to get on tv..she is naturally a celebrity..but Nick is becoming old news..and who is he kidding, it is a free wedding..and seems like he is gonna need all the money he got with that gold digger hanging off his arm..

July 6, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • lulu

Of course it is about the money to Nick but he could being doing this to rub it in Jessica's face. Nick really does not need to do this again because he has been married before. I believe he really could have a private wedding away from the tv cameras if he wanted to. He has some other motive for doing this, lol.

July 7, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jennifer

It's pretty obvious he is letting it air on TV so he can get dibs to pay his wedding off! LOL DOn't worry Nick, we know youre broke and Vanessa broke too. I feel for ya, times r rough!

July 6, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  20. jabb

Jessica doesn't need to televise her nuptials-she has money. She can pay for his wedding as well as hers.

July 6, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  21. SmarterthanU

You are not fooling anyone – it's because of the cash. Free, expensive wedding.

July 6, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  22. SmarterthanU

You are not fooling anyone – it's because of the cash. Free expensive wedding. Who wouldn't!?

July 6, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  23. charlie crack

Annnd the reason is ummmm....? A paycheck? Ah, mm hm!

July 6, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  24. michelle

What an ass!How do you go from being in a band to hosting crap gigs?Jessica may not be lucky in the love dept but she is a smart business woman,and cute as hell! Your televising so you don;t have to pay it!LAME!!!

July 6, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  25. famous face

PS..I totally concur..

July 5, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. famous face

vomiting in my mouth,along with
    michele period.

July 5, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. vomiting in my mouth

The wedding was paid for by TLC, short and simple, Nick and his fiancée wanted a flashy wedding and what better way then have TLC pay for it.

July 5, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. r e mccray

donate all of the money you make for doing this to charity and i will believe it ...

July 5, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Beethoven

I confuse these guys with New Kids on the Block. Anyway, long live Kim Kardashian! Much love, Nancy Grace

July 5, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. he-man

i would show jessica my HE-MAN muscles and divorce SHEELA. I HAVE THE POWERRRR!!!!

July 5, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Kathy

Who cares??
    Kathy

July 5, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  32. he-man

who gives a crap!!! who in the world in Nick Lachey anyway????

July 5, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  33. YouNailedIt

I'd Fck her.

July 5, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  34. MrBo

MINILLO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>simpson

July 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Bucktooth

People have no shame or privacy any more! Marriage isn't thought of as sacred! The divorce rate i s @ 50%, and most of the peeps that are married wished that they weren't. Why have ur marriage televised..I have No Clue?

July 5, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • lulu

I agree with you. I don't get Nick. For this to be his second marriage, which I think is a sham he should keep the tv cameras away. This is not smart. And yes, I believe that marriage is very sacred. Even when Nick and Jess divorced, Nick went public. The divorce papers weren't even signed yet and Nick rushes to promote a CD based on his breakup with Jess.

July 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. sun4thesoul

"We overshot the wedding expenses...and I'll be honest, I kind-of tapped out the $$$ I got from my last wife in our divorce seeing as how she was stooooopid enough to marry me without a pre-nup. Sooooo I figure, what they hey! Might as well milk whatever remaining shred of fame I have for a few bucks. Oh and to make SURE my ex-wife gets a good gander of this new 2nd rate D list broad I'm marrying".

That's how this interview shoulda gone....

July 5, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lulu

I agree with you. Nick isn't fooling anyone. Jessica hurt him and he is so rubbing this in her face. It is kind of like a revenge thing.

July 7, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Angie

No matter what he says its all about the money come on people why would anyone want to televise their wedding without getting a financial reward

July 5, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nisey

Very true. He is broke! While his ex is worth almost a billion dollars. People are calling her a 'ding bat'. I've never seen a 'ding bat' being worth almost a billion dollars... :) . Jealous people I guess.

July 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  38. the_dude

I dont know about his singing but this guy was awsome as a young luke starbucker in the raiders or the lost empire movies

July 5, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  39. me

"the money was good and all my other sources of income have dried up. nobody buys my music these days"... THAT'S why!!

July 5, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Evel Knievel

"I would never want to put OURSELVES"???? Idiot. Try using US. just another idiot using words that he thinks make him look smart.

July 5, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  41. flyonthewall

Who cares? Yes I did read the story and yes I did post this comment, so none of that nonsense please...........but really, who cares?

July 5, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ flyonthewall

If you are that stubborn to admit you're an idiot for even bothering to check out this article to validate yourself on an internet forum with a "Who cares?" then you really need to quit life.

It's also crazy that I would even waste my time commenting towards trash like yourself. I probably will quit right after you.

July 5, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ idiotonthewall

LOL, well if you don't want any of the nonsense, don't comment... enough said. I'm not exactly sure what kind of "I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG WAHH WAHH WAHH" logic you're trying to show us here, but it sure doesn't make you look smart, buddy.

You must've thought quite a bit there... or maybe not enough... then you would've realized that your comment makes absolutely no sense. In the end a comment = you care enough. You may not care a lot, but you CARE ENOUGH TO COMMENT. If you didn't care, why did you click it? Ah yes, it's because you're a tool!

July 5, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  42. christina

like they said who cares i think that when something goes wrong these celebrites dont know how to stay and work on the problem they just give up to easly or maybe they just do it to get attention who knows anymore or cares.

July 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  43. vegasmama

Much love and happiness to u both, iam sure u will have beautiful babies, and vanessa u r one lucky ladie! i would love to be married to nick! u dont fine men that r so sweet and honest like him anymore! u go girl!!

July 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  44. The Måd Råp3r

She looks like some kind of elven vampire in this pic, or maybe I've been playing too much Oblivion.

July 5, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  45. michele

oh be honest. you are having it aired to rub it in your ding bat ex wifes' face. no shame in that.

July 5, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • stymie

You nailed it. This is an in your face to Jessica, and I love it.

July 5, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • WaitWhat?

Yeah but Jessica won't know how to use the remote to be able to find the show.

July 5, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • B=Dog

Yeah it's not really an "in your face" when Jessica is worth close to a billion dollars and could buy and sell Nick nearly the same amount.

July 5, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jeepers

Not smart.

July 5, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Takin a Deuce

Who cares about the wedding. Lets be sure to televise the honeymoon. I bet this girl will make short order of him. And after he passes out she can bring in the bus-boys, bell-boys, desk attendants and make a night of it.

July 5, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Are you serious? They've lived together for years, and she says they shower together at least 2x a day, "just to talk". I think he'll survive.

July 6, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  48. Snarky

Isn't his wedding being televised because he's trying to hang on to his last fading thread of fame and because he's a shameless attention wh0re? Are you sure that's not the actual reason?

July 5, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Ahnold

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

July 5, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Lorin

Some people never learn...

July 5, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  51. Uhmmm

Who in the world will watch this?

July 5, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • S1N

Well, enough people keep watching Jersey Shore for it to get renewed, so...

July 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • lindaliudf

My friends told me about — BlackwhiteCupid. C’ 0- M —–told It’s the best place to meet black white singles. Come in and stay a while. Complete your profile. Post a message, a picture of yourself and check out the photo galleries.

Give it a try, you will find someone you like there...

July 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |