Kristen Stewart's 'Snow White' may end up a trilogy
July 5th, 2011

Kristen Stewart's 'Snow White' may end up a trilogy

The “Twilight” saga will come to an end on the big screen in 2012, but Kristen Stewart may be tackling another franchise with her role in next year’s “Snow White and the Huntsman.”

The 21-year-old actress stars as the fairest of them all in the film, which sees Charlize Theron as the evil queen and "Thor's" Chris Hemsworth as the huntsman. But instead of stretching a single plotline across three films, says producer Joe Roth, he sees it instead as three separate stories.

“It’s meant to be the first in a series of films,” he tells Entertainment Weekly. “This story will end, but there will be questions remaining for these three characters.”

This movie is supposed to be more in the vein of "Lord of the Rings," and Snow White isn't going to be as saccharine sweet as you may remember.

"She starts out not a damsel in distress, but innocent, and after 11 years of imprisonment by the Evil Queen, she escapes and learns the ways of a warrior in the woods," Roth says, adding that the gruff-but-not-heartless huntsman is her aide. Sent by the queen to bring back the heart of Snow White the bounty hunter finds he can't bring himself to do it, and with that the two try to escape from the evil royal's wrath before launching a counterattack.

Although Roth says he wanted an unknown for the part of Snow White, he soon realized that in spite of Stewart's immense popularity, her versatility is still a bit under the radar.

"We searched high and low for an unknown...[and] As we went through it, it just became evident to me that Kristen occupies a space in the universe where she's a terrific actress only known for one part," he says. "I hope this is a movie that will appeal to those who find 'Twilight' appealing, but also [Stewart] is someone with piss and vinegar in her."

Filed under: Celebrities • Kristen Stewart • movies • Twilight

1. SG

The description sounds more like mini-series or made-for-tv movie than an actual feature film. I see trying to do something darker with Snow White, but I feel that this movie will lack any real depth that will make an older audience want more, plus having Kristen Stewart is a real strike against any credibility it may have.

July 15, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. callys

i love kristen stewart....she is a good actress....n no one can act like she did.....can you?..........i don't thing so....i love love love her very much.....i love her movie....especially in "catch that kids" she did a really great and good job....LOVE HER.... so much....

July 12, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. Nick

Watch her in "cake eaters". She did a really great job...playing handicapped.....just something I did not imagine. Also, Welcome to the Rileys, great film.

July 7, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  4. Chucklehead

She's got the whitest teeth I've ever come across.

July 7, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Chucklehead

Whoops, typo in my post. That should be:

She's got the whitest teeth I've ever come on.

July 7, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • @Chucklehead

Hey poser, go steal someone else's name or try being original for a change.

July 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • @@Chucklehead

I'll have you know my Christian name is Chucklehead Q. Featherbottom. It seems you are the imposter, my impudent subaltern.

July 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gah

i guess the studio is trying to appeal to the Twilight fans, but they'll be alienating those who care nothing for it. I suppose a reimagined Snow White (which another studio is doing) might be interesting, but I think making it a trilogy is stretching it.

as a side note- there are some actresses i believe the whole "warrior" thing for. stewart is NOT one of them. archery maybe, but if she's yielding a sword it's going to be a comedy

July 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Francesca

You know, every time I see someone complain about her acting, they base if off one character in a series of movies that are admittedly entertaining, but not the best scripts to get Oscar performances. Please see Welcome to the Rileys, The Runaways and Speak (to name a few). Watch with an open mind. She is an amazing actress. And in my opinion (because it is, after all, subjective) very beautiful. As soon as I heard about Snow White and the Huntsman, I was very intrigued, and even moreso now that I know Kristen will be starring in it.

July 6, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

I agree with your comment Francesca. It's also become 'cool' to hate on Kristen Stewart so everyone has to chime in. The bottom line though is that she doesn't give a crap what people think. That's what I like about her most! It's also what bugs everyone so much that they have to post nasty stuff.

July 7, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • REE

Everyone keeps bashing her character in Twilight but if you've read the books she is SPOT ON with how Bella is supposed to be! A confused, love-sick sappy teenager who is quite shy and quiet. It works! Mind you in some other movies of her's I was not impressed, but she's still such a young actress. She did do a great job in Speak and even The Yellow Handkerchief so this new Snow White will be interesting. But I do agree, should NOT be a trilogy!

July 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Måd Råp3r

Her Beavis-jaw is very distracting.

July 6, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Fail

Kristen Stewart is a horrible actress, and her facial mannerisms contradict the emotions she wants to convey. In Twilight, whenever she tries to portray frustration or confusion...it just looks like she's constipated.

July 6, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Thoughts

Honestly I like her public image A LOT more than any other actress right now. She seems so down to earth. But she can't really act well in those Twilight movies so I don't know how she will do as Snow White..... :S

July 6, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. what the?

watching kristen stewart act is painful to me. i get embarrassed for her. she'll mumble incoherently and then...bamm..she starts to yell and freak out...over-act. she's exhausting to watch. ://

July 6, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LOL WHUT?

I thought Snow White was supposed to be pretty. Kristien Stewart is pretty, but she isn't "Snow White" pretty. She is more masculine pretty.

July 6, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LL

I have a feeling that we'll only be seeing the first of the trilogy because the first movie will flop and remaining plotlines will continue as fanfiction written by housewives who attend Star Trek conventions.

July 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. V

oh dear.... why can't directors see this? she can't act...

July 6, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Boof

meh...

July 6, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  15. twelve

failler is mallett. godh i cant type.

July 6, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  16. twelve

she is the worst actress in hollywood she just stands around with a dumb dazed expression on her face with her mouth half open. she always looks just like someone has just conked her in the head with a big wooden fallerr. elmer fudd like.

July 6, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  17. Kb

Why did the very last sentence describe her like that? Is that a good thing?

July 6, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  18. Arthur Fonzarelli

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

July 6, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  19. SmarterthanU

Kristen Dunst would be better. If older, Stewart would play a good evil witch. Don't cast according to trilogy popularity. Create though art and the rest will come.

July 6, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  20. twelve

Does she hold her dumb trout mouth partially open through the whole movie? That is her trademark expression.

July 6, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  21. Casey Anthony should sue the State of Florida and her Persecutors.

Plus she is very pretty.

July 6, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Jess

your an idiot. clearly.

July 6, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

I've heard of people who marry serial killers. Are you one of them? Or, are you just like the juries on that and the O.J. trial, sub-90 IQ MORONS!

July 7, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  22. charlie crack

Kristen stewart will be a tragedy on that "snow white" not trilogy....she'll end up a fiend like lindsay lohan!

July 6, 2011 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  23. neil

did I read this correctly? snow white learning the ways of the warrior in the forest? three films to tell the story of snow white (reimagined)? ridiculous!

July 6, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  24. dretta

dakota fanning would have been a better choice.....miss stewart is as much an actress as soulja boy is an artist

July 5, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jamesnyc

What complete idiocy. LoR was based on a very complexly written set of books in which there so much detail, you couldn't contain it all. This is going to be a contrived piece of crap.

July 5, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  26. In Texas

Supposed to be like LotR? You've got to be kidding me. Every movie she does, she's the same old sullen character. Look at the movies before she was Bella. Same character, sometimes different script. *yawn*

July 5, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stella

I agree whole heartedly.

July 6, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Ugh...Really?

Seriously, she's so underwhelming. I've heard people say, "what a great actress!" and I'm completely baffled by it. Anyone can be "great" if all you do is stare at the camera and mumble your lines incoherently.

July 6, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • pianogal

That has been my arguement ever since I heard she was going to play Bella. Starting with Panic Room. The Runaways was a "teensy weensy" bit better, but no more. What's worse is that she seems to be exactly the same in real life. That's not acting, people!

July 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  27. The Måd Råp3r

Lol, she looks like a crack prostîtute in this pic. There should be audio where she offers me a half and half for twenty bucks.

July 5, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Orgazmo

Really, anything to make a buck, hey Hollywood? Three films about Snow White, damn.

July 5, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Casey Anthony is a very loving mother

who should play SnowWhite...AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.

July 6, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |