Jay-Z and Kanye's 'Watch the Throne' available for pre-order
July 5th, 2011

Jay-Z and Kanye's 'Watch the Throne' available for pre-order

Jay-Z and Kanye West fans have indeed been keeping a close eye on the duo’s anticipated album “Watch the Throne,” and on Independence Day their rapt attention was rewarded. The album's cover art was released, and better yet, it's also available for pre-order.

The gold cover, designed by Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci, doesn’t bear the name of either artist or the title of the album, which has been speculated about since the duo's single “H.A.M." was released earlier this year.

According to MTV, those who pre-order the album get a ship date of August 2. You can view the album art and place your purchase at either Jay-Z’s Life and Times website or Kanye's, both of which redirect to WatchtheThrone.com.

A deluxe CD costs $16.99, while the standard is $13.99. If you haven’t bought a CD in you don’t know how long, there’s also an MP3 deluxe edition available for $14.99 and a standard retailing for $11.99.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, production credits include Jay-Z and Kanye as well as Swizz Beatz, No ID and Lex Luger, with a reported partial track listing revealing that the album should include guest spots from Beyonce and Bruno Mars.

Filed under: Jay-Z • Kanye West • Music

1. charlie crack

@sonylegend- You're the one that is obsolete. That cash has so many symbols with different variations of meaning. But, it has nothing to do with this. It was created by forefathers and free masons, the olive branch in the claw of the eagle for peace. Betcha can't guess what the arrows are for in other claw??? Don't phuck with the USA. You must still be on that Nas "new world order, hip hop is dead" s**t! Proceed to steppin sucka....

July 6, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. charlie crack

"I'm fixin' to go hard, hard as a moth@ f***a let em' know who I am".....what yall mad @ me fo'? Yall dont even know what I been through. I swam waters w/ great whites, yall mu' f****s woulda been chewed"– Kanye/JayZ circa 2010 H.A.M......nuff said!

July 6, 2011 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. Hova fan

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4oIzGirxkU&w=640&h=390]

July 5, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Itsamemario

i dont think one album can hold both of their egos..

July 5, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Johnny Cage

I'm sure it will have a single or two and be 'meh' like the rest of every album in the last year.

July 5, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Evel Knievel

I'll be looking in my throne to see JayZ and Kanye the next time I drop a deuce.

July 5, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • SONYLEGEND

exactly.... have you seen Kayne's Monster video.?.. If those aint zombie slaves ... I dont know what is!!!

July 5, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. apples

I cant wait to listen to watch the throne while sitting on the throne & reading a newspaper

July 5, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. SONYLEGEND

Yeah.... Rocafella died of AIDS that was the end of his chapter... and that was the guy you chose to name your company after? Jay-Z and Kanye West have sold thier soul to be an elite illuminati puppet.--> http://www.sonylegend.com
    The game is shut down....

July 5, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snarky

That's stupid and you're stupid for saying it.

July 5, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Screw sony, also the illuminati/reptoids, who totally aren't a figment of someone elses tinfoil hat meth fantasies

July 5, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cleo

Idt you understand that citing illuminati conspiracy theories makes you look like a complete idiot. If you can tell me how Jay Z covertly manipulates the general public and actually prove something, then fine. Just take it at face value, he is an artist producing good music and everything out there is pure speculation. And do you really think "the Illuminati" is trying to manipulate the rap audience? Wouldn't they have more important things to worry about? Jay Z doesn't even rap about that stuff. Idk, this kind of thing frustrates me. Grow up

July 5, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • SONYLEGEND

My dear... what rock have you crawled from under? Just look on your one dollar bill.... NEW WORLD ORDER in LATIN. Its not there just for looks... it has a reason, motive, and agenda... plain as day, but yet you want to ignorant to what Jay-Z throws up... which is the ALL SEEING EYE on the dollar bill.... Please keep it moving..... youre thought process is obsolete

July 5, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Actually sonylegend you're right, but jigga man has nothing do with it. I run the illuminati/reptoid/bilderberger movement and JZ isnt in on it. I'd stop using cash if I were you, we've dosed it with mind control chems, the bottled water too. There's no escaping.

July 6, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |