'Spy Kids 4' enters the fourth dimension: Smell
July 4th, 2011

'Spy Kids 4' enters the fourth dimension: Smell

When “Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World” hits theaters, moviegoers will experience the family flick in the fourth dimension: Aromascope.

A scene in the recently released trailer shows several bowls - presumably filled with food - sitting out on a countertop. Numbers flash on the screen above each bowl, indicating it’s time to consult the scratch-n-sniff-type Aromascope card provided.

“Now that everybody is doing 3-D, I was like, ‘We gotta do something else. I want to go the fourth dimension,’ ” director Robert Rodriguez told E!

But it doesn’t sound like all of the smells are going to be so pleasant.

“We do have a Spy Dog and a Spy Baby, so you could kind of figure out where it can go,” he added.

What do you think of Aromascope?

“Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World,” starring Jessica Alba, Jeremy Piven and Joel McHale, hits theaters on August 19.

Post by:
Filed under: movies

1. Snarky

Wow... what a frickin terrible idea.

January 30, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Spy cameras dubai

Police force security products are required to confirm wrongdoing or perhaps on your guard habits in a very wide selection of offender investigations. Monitoring products are, ultimately, small enough being portable although holding onto a highest longevity and also information...secret spy camera reviews

January 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. paul

hope the movie does not smell like the scratch and sniff card.cause that would be bad.

August 1, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. paul

i think the idea of the scratch and sniff card is kind of stupid.the scratch and sniff idea went back to the 80s guessing back in 1982.they had scratch and sniff stickers and the idea of scratch and sniff died out.

August 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Allison

First off why are they making another Spy Kids Movie!? Seccond of all, this is a RETARDED idea.

July 5, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. R. Kelly

just wait until my movie comes out in Pee-O-Vision

July 5, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. izaelle

Lord, 4D! What happened to drive in movies? Now we are owning 3D tvs & blueray systems!! I wonder how the movie industry will be 10 years from now? Now that I think about it that is scary! Anyways I miss just being able to watch a movie without having to connect all the systems push all the buttons and cables to it! Don't get me wrong I love the new stuff but smelling? Really? I know enough about diapers and dogs!why did they have to trade Antonio Banderas for Jessica Alba she's not as funny as him!!!

July 5, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  8. Keith M

The year of Joel McHale...3 or 4 movies coming out this year....Community, The Soup...when will he finally land a host spot on SNL?

July 5, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  9. dave nelson

And here i was thinking they had decided to throw this series into the dump and never touch it again. Why cant my pipe dreams ever come true?

July 5, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. tym218

Joel McHale, I am disappointed. I love your TV shows (Community, The Soup) but please, no more kids movies.

July 4, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ShingoEX

Uh...smell isn't the fourth dimension. Time is.

July 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. moribundman

This warmed up idea stinks.

July 4, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deadpan Dan

I thought that smell was coming from Jessica Alba's acting skills. Who knew.

July 4, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • S1N

This has been tried in many films before. It has consistently been found annoying, distracting, and an all-around failure. I already know what jelly beans and baby's diapers smell like. I don't need an annoying on-screen prompt to enlighten me.

July 4, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dave

Ummmm wasn't this tried about 50 years ago with very poor results?
    See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

July 4, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rodger Rectum

Ya? Smell my ass.

July 5, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • ag

Actually I remember they tried it back in 2003 with the rugrats meet the wild thornberrys. This spy kids 4 movie is gonna suck though. The last spy kids movie sensationalized their 3D graphics with the trailers constantly airing on television. I thought we were really gonna see Carmen's hand go through the movie screen. Turns out, there was barely any 3D and nothing like the commercial. Seems like Rodriguez is trying to pull the same BS.

July 5, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |