Celeb couples make independence official
July 4th, 2011

Celeb couples make independence official

Just in time for Independence Day, a few celebs are officially parting ways with a partner and striking out on their own.

As Maria Shriver filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger Friday, George Lopez's divorce from his wife Ann Serrano was finalized, his publicist confirmed to CNN. Serrano, who infamously gave Lopez her kidney when he needed a transplant in 2005, filed for divorce in November citing irreconcilable differences.

Reportedly joining those in the single arena are Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane as well as Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds.

According to Gossip Cop, Arquette filed for divorce back in 2009 but the couple tried reconciliation before they opted to move forward with a divorce last August. Arquette and Jane wed in 2006, and have an 8-year-old daughter.

And then there's ScarJo and Mr. "Green Lantern" himself, Ryan Reynolds. The pair had barely been married for two years before they announced the matrimony had come to an end this past December. Now, according to E!, the divorce is final.

Reynolds admitted to Details in the magazine's June/July issue that the break-up was difficult.

"Anyone who gets divorced goes through a lot of pain," he said. "But you come out of it. I'm not out of it yet. At all. But I sense that as I do come through it, there's optimism...How can there not be? I don't think I want to get married again, but you always reevaluate these things. Any kind of crisis can be good. It wakes you up. I gotta say, I'm a different person than I was six months ago."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Angela Smith

Hello,

My name is Angela and I represent brand new traffic service Feedbox.I was impressed by your outstanding design and cool content. I believe we can work together and our cooperation would be usefull for both of us. We guarantee sending back at least 200% visits that come from the feedbox placed on your site and we can also sell traffic. It's a great deal wich will help you to bring new interested visitors to your site.

Give it a try!

Best regards,
    Angela Smith

July 20, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Rebecca

Ryan Reynolds can do soooo much better than Johansen that stuck up big butt and lips no talent hack! She is so arrogant for someone who can't act!

July 5, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. EWellie

The writer misused the word infamous.

July 5, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pam

Yes...I can't stand it when a writer feels compelled to use a big word but gets it wrong. And this is supposed to be a professional!

July 5, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. rolyat

It was best for Scarlett to move on. Ryan is as Gay as a picnic basket. He's just in denial. It comes out in his queenie little nasally voice. Scarlett must have realized it after she said "I DO".

July 5, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. Serge

S.J. is stolen biological material, taken against will and formed to clones line 200 pieces total. Sign of dangerous criminal activity. Original Scarlett Galabekian future pediatrician doctor, pediatrician nurse license she obtained in 2008

July 5, 2011 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. Name2

I'm just beside myself! Oh, poor Scarlette...how ever will you move on from your ? As an arrogant and severely overpaid female line-reader, I'm sure you will be able to find another arrogant and severely overpaid male line-reader who will worship your endless brilliance!!! And Ryan....oh Ryan. After parting ways with such an exquisite lip-swollen ditz like Scar-Scar, how will you ever find your way to another arrogant and severely overpaid female line-reader as dynamic as Scarlette "Johnny Woof-Woof" Johansson? America's pulling for you both. Oops, gotta go now...time to WFG (wipe, flush, and get)!!!

July 5, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
    • wendi

Wow, your a real hater if you don't like these people why do you even bother with such comments. if you don't have anything nice to say why bother saying anything...

July 5, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Name

I'm so sad. If these crazy kids can't make their marriages work, what hope is there for the rest of us?

*blows nose*