June 30th, 2011

Countess LuAnn's music video makes 'Ridiculist'

“Real Housewives of New York City's” Countess LuAnn de Lesseps’ latest single “Chic C’est La Vie” is getting plenty of attention, but perhaps for all the wrong reasons.

The reality TV star turned, um, singer has followed up her track “Money Can’t Buy You Class” with an ode to the glamorous life.

In a music video featuring her cast mates Jill Zarin and Kelly Bensimon, the Countess sings (if one could call it that), “Gold, diamonds, caviar, life is but a dream, when every day you’re living in is featured on TV.”

As Anderson Cooper points out, a lack of vocal talent did not stop de Lesseps, although he does add that “as far as bad singing Housewives go, she’s not as bad as Danielle ‘do not flip a table on me’ Staub.”

And in case you missed it, James Franco joined De Lesseps in what was apparently “music video release day” on Wednesday, as the clip for his single with Kalup Linzy “Rising” was unveiled. The song is from the upcoming EP “Turn it Up,” which, as NY Mag's Vulture notes, is coming out in a few weeks from an actual record label.

The song itself features Linzy’s vocals over a slow groove with Franco…in the video for a bit, it seems. The invisible art maker did tell Vulture that he wasn’t claiming the EP as his, adding that all he really does is “do some spoken word on it.”

If you’re curious, check out the video here.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Obiano Jeremiah

If you know how to make the man you're dating pleased you are able to make certain you use a long lasting, fulfilling partnership. Find out what things you can do right now to be certain this individual ...How to make women hot

January 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ed

She is all about trying to tell others how to act but needs a crash course in her own teachings! Very low class and fake. I can see right through you Countless.

July 25, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Julie J-J

Hats off to Ramona, Alex & Sonja for staying as far away from this laughable trainwreck as possible. I agree money can't buy you class, but it sure will get you to do things to make yourself look like an untalented, foolish A$$.

July 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. SmarterthanU

The day people get off their seats and start partying when old ladies walk in a club or casino is the day the pope becomes a Muslim. What a joke! Embarrassing.

July 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SmarterthanU

Song should go – "Ladies and gentlemen, this is an old bag speaking. Menopause has arrived. I get botox shots in my face, so I can look young. The only thing wet on me today, is my tongue. Hot flashes are the things, I see. I have to wear diapers, uncontrollable poop and pee".

July 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SmarterthanU

When did adults stop being mature? A true embarrassment to adults. And don't give me, 'we are all young at heart'. She is not Mick Jagger or Stevie Nicks, she's a un-talented nobody who got a break on a reality show. She sounds like a man and all of them together make it look like a geriatric music video. Don't compare yourself to Madonna either. She earned her wings to perform. Seriously, this is one of the most embarrassing things I have seen. Poor kids. I would rip them to shreds if I was their school friend. I hope all of you get audited by the IRS and go bankrupt. Then make a song about the poor and I might give you 1 star.

July 3, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. charlie crack

Snooki's single appropriately named: "Pickles and Guidos" feat. DJ Pauly D. Will be slated for release early july on DumbGuidette Records. Coming Soon!!!

July 1, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  8. Beautiful Vixen

Omg all these reality shows idiots really do think highly about themselves, don't they. All these idiots are going to start thinking they can sing and come out with music. Snooki will be next with her fist pumping single

July 1, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. FEDUP

Who told her that she can sing? I am a singer and I come from a well know family of singers. She sound like a old 95yr old man who has a graspy voice trying to sing. Who ever told her that she can sing they need to be put in front of a firing squad and blind fold and shot. Did u see her coming down the stair case with that ridiculous costume on I screamed..I was praying that she would not open up her mouth. When she did I turned the tv off, that voice made every hair on my head stand up. Some body need to put her singing career to rest....

July 1, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. NotForYou

What a joke. Can't sing, no talent, show sucks. If she's a Countess, so is a sandwich.

July 1, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  11. charlie crack

Holy balls batman! What the......? She's broke I read. No $ to buy a glass of water much less class..."dahling". Sho' nuff' can't sing....

July 1, 2011 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. Howard

Does anyone know how to get projectile vomit out of a keyboard? She's not even singing the beyond ridiculous lyrics, she speaks them in her ubber phoney and pretentious voice. It should also be noted that whomever engaged Jill Zarin as the equivalent to a booty shaking video girl needs to have their head examined immediately!!! Worse yet, Public Access channels have better production quality than that piece of crap. What a completely talentless fool!

July 1, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  13. Valerie

Just like her other catastrophe, talking to a beat is NOT the same as singing. And drop the stupid airs of "Countess"! Talk about milking your 15 minutes of fame. Awful, just awful.

June 30, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Testyshopoholic

If they were ever to play this at a bar, lounge or club it would have to be burned down to a crisp. Com

June 30, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gotHere byMistake

hahaha...that's embarrassing. She is good looking woman but that's just baaaaaad.

June 30, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. fernace

There are 100's of truly talented people, playing in bars on 6th street, ATx. for tips, who would love to have an opportunity like this spoiled, horrible singing mess. The only thing I agree with is that "$ Can't Buy You Class"! Life is so unfair& this is a travesty! If it wasn't so damned Funny, that is! Silver lining in every cloud! LLOOLL!!

June 30, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Twentytwenty

Jill Zarin is so foul and wrong. She isnt the least bit attractive and frankly her entire family is ugly. This video is preposterous.

June 30, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Housewife Hater

Uuhhhh if you call that singing??????

June 30, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Ok this sucks real bad

This is rich white lady rap music. Someone tell this dumb broad to spend her money on a better cause, like children's cancer research.

June 30, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • GetOverYourselves

I liked the video and the song has a good meaning if you read the lyrics. I don't know why everyone is being nasty about her. She is bascially rapping, not singing, and so I've found is just as good as any other rapper. It's just a different style. And yes, OLD people (in their 40s, LOL) do party. They just don't throw up and spend the entire next day recovering. LOL

July 15, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  20. Real Music Lover

Well this isn't music. She really needs to stop embarassing herself...and her friends lol

June 30, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  21. denise

Watched it for a laugh and that is just what I got!1 LMAO!

June 30, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  22. stravis2

The C*untess is full of herself. I say, "Go crawl back to the cabin, er, I mean, rock, that you came from."

June 30, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jenn

IT'S SO BAD IT'S AWESOME

June 30, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Damnert

Anderson was right on. You go silver fox !

June 30, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Humberto

Here's some news CNN, report that Franco IS NOT gay, that would be shocking. News that some wh0re can't sing, isn't.

June 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  26. neato

YAll are just racist and haters.

June 30, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Confussed??

I don' think there is anything wrong with the song. The musics is good. The sad this that Anderson Cooper is reporitng on it. Gesh. Come on CNN. The song is not made for you or your target audience.

June 30, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  28. The Måd Ræp3r

What in the sh¡t!?!

June 30, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  29. JOANN

L.M.A.O. wow are you serious, there good for entertainment but not of the singing kind..

June 30, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Daniel Troppy

Those women are DREADFUL....

June 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Lyn

LuAnn no talent what so ever, and Jill well she has to have her mug in everything somehow, as for Kelly eat a gummy bear....

June 30, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Evel Knievel

Both the Countess and Franco need to go back to what they're good at – smoking pole.

June 30, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Never seen the show but she looks sassy! Bet she'd be good at pole smoking.

June 30, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Laura

Worst singing I've heard-I quess if your on TV you somehow think you also have other talents-NOT

June 30, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rodger Rectum

She needs to be knawing on a couple of my chocolate hotdogs.

July 1, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Big Roy

The countess needs a rumpfull of hot cream corn. Otherwise she is a turd burglar.

July 1, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  34. neato

That is racism. You arent allowed to say something negative about us African Americans!

June 30, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Quantavious Smith

YO!! HEY YO!! we gotz a clazp u ole peece uh wite bret.

June 30, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trixibelle

I'm not sure what you said but I"m fairly certain it involved a peach with a clasp.

June 30, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |