'The Voice' gets tour dates
June 29th, 2011

'The Voice' gets tour dates

Fearful you'll go through "The Voice" withdrawal once the show wraps up? Well, there's now a summer concert to ease the pain.

It looks like the NBC show is taking a hint from fellow reality singing competition “American Idol” (and, to some extent, “Glee,”) and taking “The Voice” out on the road for a tour starting July 27.

Celebrity “Voice” coach Adam Levine let it slip in a tweet on Monday, and Carson Daly confirmed the news on Tuesday's night episode. You'll get to see finalists from this season, including Javier Colon, Beverly McClellan, Vicci Martinez, Dia Frampton, Frenchie Davis, Casey Weston and Xenia.

The four celebrity coaches - Levine, Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green - won't be joining them. The Hollywood Reporter refers to sources who claim negotiations broke down over payment.

If the foursome had participated in the tour, a source speculates it would've had more dates and bowed in bigger venues. So far, there are only six stops:

July 27 - Los Angeles, CA at the Gibson Amphitheatre

July 30 - Las Vegas, NV at the MGM Grand Garden Arena

August 2 - Chicago, IL at the Rosemont Theatre

August 4 - Boston, MA at the Bank of America Pavilion

August 5 - Wallingford, CT at the Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre

August 6 - New York, New York at the Beacon Theatre

Filed under: television • The Voice

1. Barbara

I have to agree with the comments about adding stops in the South. I live in North Carolina. Why are there no southern states?

July 3, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. Caustin

Really why would they not put anything in southern states I live in YWCA and have watched the voice since the start and have voted every week we could.

June 30, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. charlie crack

@dave- Yeah. Really doesnt make sense. Are we not worthy?

June 30, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dave

That's crazy. No Southern stops at all! It's even stranger that Cee-Lo is from Atlanta and Blake lives in Nashville. I can't understand why no stops in Atlanta, Nashville, or really anyhwhere in the South. What, do they feel that Southern fans are of no consequence?

June 30, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Fergie

Frenchie is my girl – both she and Javier were my favorits – I really was pulling for her, but something was wrong with her tel number.

June 30, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. charlie crack

Dia should've won. (well that's what my gf said). Anyway, @evel.....ever been called a schmuck?? You must be a model...hmmm? You perfect, with no flaws? Not even that big hairy mole the size of a quarter? Oh lemme guess, you have freshly manicured hands to blog with....

June 30, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. celiafarley

It was only a matter of time Christina Aguilera would be on the soup.She what Paula and Simon were on Idol. Love Christina Aguilera and The Voice! http://bit.ly/mfHVoL

June 30, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. dave nelson

@ evel: you are reminding me more and more of the original. A petty, bitter never was who will always try to be better than everyone else. Well, pal, the only way you will ever be able to truly look down on anyone is to hang upside down, because you are surely at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder. See what you did? I have been nice for days, and you got me all ticked off again. Nice goin' there, dillweed.

June 30, 2011 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  9. Peace

Re: Comment by Evel Knievel (surely Not the Original)... It is sad that people feel a need to make crude / rude remarks about others' appearance. It leaves one to wonder how Perfect you must look. In which case, you would not need to Draw Attention to yourself by putting others down. People like you give "Decency" a bad name. No, I am not overweight, I simply believe that your comment is Cruel, and Uncalled for! GROW UP!

June 30, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. Maggie

What about WA? Come on Vicci is from here they should at least make a stop here!

June 29, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jefi

I wish there were more locations. With gas prices so high to expensive to get to the major cities. Even without the "big" stars, I would have gone to see them.

June 29, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. BMX99

I like pudding

June 29, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Nibbler

The girl eating her microphone has all the ass pudding you could ever want.

June 30, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |