Shia LaBeouf covers the August issue of Details
June 28th, 2011

Shia LaBeouf hooked up with Megan Fox?

If we know anything about Shia LaBeouf by now it’s that the actor doesn’t bite his tongue, least of all about former co-star Megan Fox.

The 25-year-old star has explained that it may have been Fox’s “Spice Girl strength” that led to her bouncing from the “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” set, and also chimed in when Michael Bay claimed that it was Spielberg who fired Fox after she made those Hitler comparisons. (“She started s- talking our captain. Which you can’t do,” he told GQ.)

Read the full interview with Shia LaBeouf in Details

And now, in an interview with Details for its August issue, LaBeouf alludes that he and Fox were closer than some may have thought. According the magazine, when LaBeouf was asked if he “hooked up” with 25-year-old Fox, who is married to Brian Austin Green, the “Transformers” actor nodded in the affirmative.

LaBeouf went on to explain, “Look, you’re on the set for six months, with someone who’s rooting to be attracted to you, and you’re rooting to be attracted to them,” he says.

More photos from Shia LaBeouf's cover shoot

“I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry onscreen," LaBeouf adds.

As for what was going on between Fox and Green, LaBeouf says he doesn’t know – 12 times to be exact, according to Details. “It was what it was,” he adds.

But Fox isn’t the only woman LaBeouf has loose lips about. He also pipes up about his ex Carey Mulligan, a relationship that ended last October.

“I still love her,” he tells Details. “I think she’s a f-–g awesome person and an incredible actress. We’re still pals. I wouldn’t take any of it back, and I don’t think she would either. It just ran its course.”

One starlet he doesn’t have as warm feelings for appears to be Hilary Duff. “Probably the worst date either of us have ever had,” he says of their one time meet-up.

Read the rest of LaBeouf’s interview in Details when the issue hits newsstands July 12. "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" opens Wednesday.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Transformers

« Previous entry
  1. Larry

Gen Y just cant keep their mouths shut about anything. No class, they talk top much. Kiss and Tell is classless.

July 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JJ

I thought they made a great pair in the Transformers movies. I think its a mistake to not have her in the "Dark Of The Moon". We'll see. The "Victoria" girl doesn't do much for me. Too thin, no character in her face. Pretty but not spectacular. Just MHO.

June 30, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MadCityBabe

boy this guy does not know how to keep his pie hole shut..............................it's not nice to kiss and tell....you sound tacky

June 30, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. James

"Shia LaBeouf – Hollywood's Last Badboy". Show that magazine cover to Clint Eastwood and he'll spit in your eye.

June 29, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Phearis

He was able to get past her hideous Toe Thumbs? WHOA! He's a bigger man than I.

June 29, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JB!

Sweet! If Shannon LaPoof had a shot that means she'd totally dig me! As for the bad boy thing...well I've left floaters that had more bad boy in them than him

June 29, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Corey Feldman

HEY! Shia stole my manly mojo. I want it back!

June 29, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Johnny 5

I went to high school with Megan and I can tell you that she would've rejected him without hesitation. She was famous for that back then and I doubt things were any different during Transformers.

June 29, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jane Black

Eeeeeuw. Why would a gorgeous woman like Megan Fox want to mate with that dweeby blowhard? He's so unappealing. He's one of those actors you look at and wonder how the hell he ever got famous.

June 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. LEE

Can you blame him? She is pretty, but she comes off as dumb as a post.

June 29, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Pliny

I find this hard to believe. Why?
    Because the Transformers movies required the deepest possible commitment on the part of the actors. These movies are the height of emotional involvement. The scripts of these movies are so complex that they require total emmersion by the actors. The director (Mikey Bey) is working with material that is more sophisticated than anything in the history of film and that requires all of his talents (and it shows).

June 29, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mominABQ

LMFAO she (megan) is a joke who thinks she can act. In all her pictures she looks like an alien hybrid. Seriously has anyone seen pictures of her thumbs with a little nail!?!? GROSS

June 29, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • JB!

You are gay. GAY GAY. I'll take a lake street hand shake from those thumbs any day!

June 29, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • jj

Uh, I never noticed her "thumbs". Sorry, the thumbs got lost in that maze of beauty. Never heard of "hot" thumbs........

June 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. James

What the hell man, have some class! Oh wait a minute, they haven't had that in Hollywood in decades, LOL!

June 29, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. Amanda

I've only slept with 2 men I've had s*x with 3O,-
    I'm an insomniac,as a matter of fact i'm doing it right now which makes typing on the phone difficult ooooh I just had an o*#?sm

June 29, 2011 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  15. brokenteeth

HAHA. This I don't believe.

June 29, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  16. Austin Martin

Get a life Shia. You and ur entire unit still miss her as Megan = Transformers. No other chick (in this case a blonde) can replace her. I just watched the movie.... it is seriously awesome, but the new chick does not work.... sometimes felt as if she cant even talk in English. Bring Megan Back.....

June 29, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
    • JJ

@Austin Martin. Thank you for a rational comment. She (Megan) is as important to her character as Is anyone else in this series. That's like going to a Bourne movie and Matt Damon isn't in the character. I heard that's going to happen but don't count me in as a fan of that idea.

June 30, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. @Ryan Mithell

There is a guy named Dave Nelson who blogs on this site, also. You two should "talk", I think you have a lot in common.

June 28, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Charlie Sheen

What a coincidence, I nailed her too!!!

June 28, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • who

I see you left it sort of open ended there with the generic "her". Who her? Shia or Megan?

June 29, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. sarah S

I don't really see Megan Fox hooking up with him in real life. of course i obviously don't know her personally so i can't know for sure. it just seems unlikely.

June 28, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. D Murray

Yes,of course she did

June 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  21. D Murray

Yes,of course they did.

June 28, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Donnie

Real men would never kiss and tell, just another strike against a dude who thinks his piece is the biggest. it reall speaks of his maturity. I didn't see the second Transformers and won't see the third.

June 28, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. SpellBee

I have a close friend that worked on the set for Transformers 3 in Chicago (setting up baracades and what not) and ate lunch with the cast and crew every day...tried to be polite and make small talk with Mr. LeBeouf but the twirp didn't want anything to do with it. I guess he didn't socialize with the "help". He wishes he hooked up with Ms. Fox

June 28, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Stephen Urkel

Got any cheese?

June 28, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Ryan Mitchell

Well, if true, so much for the early interview where Megan said she'd only been with two guys and neither of them was Shia. Just a small piece of advice, Megan. It's no one's business who you have or haven't had relationships with, but don't go public with the wrong number. Guys aren't what they used to be–they're not true gentlemen anymore who respect a lady's honor and they don't even know the meaning of discretion. I can't help but think that Shia was just using this opportunity to promote Transformers at your expense. Kind of reminds me of Tom Cruise with his antics before War of the Worlds when all were scared it was going to disappoint. Anyway, you're a beautiful lady who sometimes says the wrong things publicly, but it just shows you have a mind and spirit of your own. Speaking of something you love, what's up with the Fathom movie? It's been in pre-production for too long now.

June 28, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Do you actually think Megan Fox is going to read your "advice" to her, let alone respond?

June 28, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan Mitchell

It was intended to be rhetorical.

June 28, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Ryan Mitchell

This response is intended to be taken literally.

Get a life. For you to have THAT much to say about this topic shows that you really have nothing better to do. It's he said she said... that's all... who cares really... just makes for quick marquee blog news we read and dispose of a minute later.

June 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan Mitchell

Actually, I have a lot to say about a lot of topics, but rarely find the time to post. It's a lazy day for me, but I was mostly interested in anyone posting any updates on the Fathom film project. I guess my post wasn't clever enough to elicit that response. :-)

June 28, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Interesting that you think Megan Fox lied instead of Shia LeBeouf. You know what they say about assuming things...

June 29, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan Mitchell

Ok, this is going to seem like a novel and then I’m done. Of course, I honestly don't know who's telling the truth, which is why I started off by saying, "Well, if true..." and everything I wrote after that was conditional. My best guess is that Shia is probably telling at least a version of the truth; I suppose "hooked up" or “intimate” could mean different things to different people, so it's open to interpretation. But why am I conditionally leaning more towards Shia's accounting than Megan's accounting at this point? Well, I could invoke the formula used by Jen (Katherine Heigl) in Killers and apply it to Megan's past statement that she's only been with two men. The formula goes something like this, "When you ask a girl how many guys she's slept with, you have to double it and times it by ten." The math in Megan's case works out to be (2+2) x 10 = 40. (Ok, that was my very poor attempt at humor!) The real reason I'm inclined to at least partially believe Shia is that Megan hasn't denied the relationship. In fact, I read that her publicist said she had "no comment". Of course, that doesn't mean a comment won't be forthcoming, but for now his direct assertion about their alleged relationship beats her past generalized assertion about her lovers. I don’t know what comment (if any) Megan will eventually make concerning this story, but it wouldn’t entirely surprise me if she doesn't in fact admit to the relationship, but say it was a single mistake in her life that she deeply regrets. I don't personally believe anyone would hold it against her for stating that she had only been with two men whom she really cared about without having included a one-time unfortunate mistake; this is a white lie of sorts that I think should be afforded to any decent person. What Shia did by going public with this alleged affair, however, was as indecent as all the women's motivations were who slept with Tiger Woods and then tried to cash in on their mutually shared indiscretions. (I only make this comparison so you know I think indecency is not an act owned by men alone.) Nevertheless, I clearly think Shia's motivations and the timing of this apparently candid release of supposed facts were very suspect and likely driven by the need for publicity and greed in relationship to the coming release date for Transformers . Yeah, yeah, I know… tons of assumptions here, but initial opinions are almost always formed based upon incomplete facts. May all my assumptions be wrong, and may Megan go on to win the Academy Award for her outstanding performance in “Michael Turner’s Fathom!” :-)

June 29, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  26. fernace

She did, Fernandez, she married Brian Austin Green who is a buff hottie! Shia is cute-se%y, but he's still got that little boy vibe. Give him a few years! This really is womens territory, unless you're gay of course!!

June 28, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Pips

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

June 28, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Observer

Portraying Shia Labeouf as a bad boy is about as realistic as portraying Ryan Seacrest as having depth of any kind. Just sayin.

June 28, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Agreed.

June 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • charles

Yeah...but he hit that 12 times.....nuff said.

June 29, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • HollywoodSurF

This is fake! We saw her out with a guy on or from the Stone & Digital Dave show. We have pics too.

June 29, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • burnsy1627

he didn't "hit that" 12 times. it says when asked about her relationship with green he replied he "i dont know" 12 times.

June 29, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Fernandez

surely she can do better than him.

June 28, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |