Russell Brand, Kristen Wiig 2011's sexiest celeb vegetarians
June 28th, 2011

Russell Brand, Kristen Wiig 2011's sexiest celeb vegetarians

Comedians Russell Brand and Kristen Wiig can officially add “sexy vegetarian” to their brimming resumes.

The pair have been named PETA’s (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) sexiest celebrity vegetarians of 2011 - joining past winners Olivia Wilde, “The Biggest Loser’s” Bob Harper, Carrie Underwood and Tobey Maguire, among others.

Brand has been a vegetarian since he was 14 years old.

“Even as a junkie I stayed true (to vegetarianism),” he writes in his memoir, “My Booky Wook.” “I shall have heroin, but I shan't have a hamburger. What a sexy little paradox.”

And Wiig, whose character in “Bridesmaids” chows down on some unidentified meat before becoming violently ill, told Women’s Health in 2009: “I eat a lot of tofu and soy.”

Shania Twain became the first celebrity to take the honor when voters crowned her the Sexiest Vegetarian Alive in 2001.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities

1. svi

Factory meat is the reason we have 9-year-old girls walking around with C cups.

That's a bad thing, in case anyone's wondering.

June 30, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. whatever

People really need to just respect other peoples life choices. If it doesnt negatively affect other people, just let it be. I do eat meat, but I also have respect for those who have chosen not to.

June 29, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Roderick

Me personally i don't like animals dogs, cats etc for me i think they belong outside and not in my house. i went vegan for my blood sugar and blood pressure nothing more. i could care less about that craziness that PETA is promoting. So what Mike Vick fought some dogs who cares. Let's feed the people(humans) that are starvin everyday in this country that's who i care about , but you people that support PETA would rather kick down Mike Vick door and hang him then kick down a door a homeless shelter and feed your brothers and sisters. That what i do every nite wake up people...........

June 29, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Chef-D

I am a gourmet chef and the thought of only eating rabbit food is silly. Humans are natural carnivores and need protein to survive properly. I have had several aquaintences in the past who were vegetairians/vegan, and every single one of them developed some kind of serious physical or psychological problems within a year or so. From night terrors, to severe diahrreah, and they all devloped a funky "smell" as well – kind of like bad cheese. It's just not good for you... tonight i am grilling a london broil with sea scallops, morel mushrooms, twice baked potatos with cheddar and bacon and, yes, a salad. Who's hungry now?

June 29, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick

i have been a vegegtarian for 32 years, vegan for about 3. i am in great health, and participate in pretty grueling endurance events. i don't know what your veggie acquaintenances ate, but someone can do vegetarian wrong as much as someone can do meat eater wrong. most of the veggies I know are healthy. As far as you "natural carnivore" comment, that is absurd. Truly, we are naturally omnivores, leaning toward herbivorous, as evidenced by our longer and more curved (for lack of a better word) digestive tract, teeth for grinding and weaker stomach acid. i got no problem with meat eaters, but your post doen't make sense

June 30, 2011 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. Newyorker

Wow. The meat eaters are so touchy. They are afraid their meat will be taken away. Don't worry you morons, you can eat your meat, and I will beat mine.

June 29, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. blake

He looks like a 2011 version of Tiny Tim.

June 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Snarky

Russell Brand? Are they crazy? He looks like a giant praying mantis wearing human skin.

June 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Matthew

The most intelligent animals on the planet, humans, whales, octopi, etc... are all carnivores or omnivores. Evolution scientists say that it is eating meat that led to Man's increased brain capacity.

June 29, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • svi

Not just the eating. The hunting. Besides, we can replace the protein. We no longer have a natural environment to go back to anyway.

It would be different if it was just a few million of us hunting our meat. But it's billions of us allowing livestock to pump out 60% of greenhouse gases, and wasting a thousand gallons of water to create a pound of meat (all water used on the animal in its lifetime, divided by number of pounds of meat obtained – not a pretty number).

Even the survival of the majority of the human population isn't worth the damage being done. Even if abandoning meat killed half of us it would still be necessary.

But it's okay. The population drop we need is inevitable. It's just too bad that we won't be in control of it.

June 30, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mar

I think red meat here is the real issue. Any factory farm animal is treated poorly and is harmful to our environment. I have had an increase in energy and my mood has changed since I have given up red meat 2 years ago.

June 29, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. BBK

SORRY FOLKS..RUSSELL IS AN OVER PAID..SARCASTIC ENGLISH VEG. WHOM SHOULD EAT ANYTHING THAT WOULD/COULD MAKE HIM FUNNY AND OR TOLERABLE

June 29, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Redstapler

Vegetarians rock! I used to be embarrassed to say I was a vegetarian, now I am proud. My skin looks better and I feel better emotionally. Really, who needs to eat red meat when there are so many other protein options.

June 29, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred Evil

I DO! It TASTES good! Bacon tastes GOOD, pork tastes GOOD, beef tastes GOOOD!!

Tofu? Are you high? You must be...

June 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ms Ivy

He does not eat meat, but has no issue wearing Leather.... OK!

whats with all the bible quotes... you are butchering it more then the meat aisle at the super market!

June 29, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Gennifer G

I like how any article about vegetarians causes meat eaters to splutter and bang their chests and declare their love of meat. haha. Nobody's trying to force y'all to eat tofu, what are you scared of?

June 29, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Big Ben

If they're the best looking vegitarians, that's not a selling point.

June 29, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Monique

Oh, I didn't mean I don't have the food on the barbecue – I meant I don't have the will power :)

June 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Monique

I think it's a lifestyle choice. And it's a good one. I eat red meat on occassion...I'd say two or three times a month. I have UC so it's better for me NOT to eat red meat. I consume a lot of chicken and fish and vegetables and fruits. I was a big red meat eater when I was a kid as my parents weren't vegetarians. I admire vegans. It would take a lot of will power for me to pass up a steak or a chicken from the barbecue...I just don't have it!! More power to them. Oh and protein, you can get that from soy and tofu and peanut butter I believe.

June 29, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Monique

JoePub- that was hysterical.. You are twisted!

June 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. evos

I have told by MANY vegetarians and vegans that eating meat will kill you.

June 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Howie

No such thing as a s e x y vegetarian. Frail bag of bones without the stamina to climb a flight of steps, let alone demonstrate s e x i n e s s for an extended period of time. At least don't have to worry about birth control as they are usually not healthy enough to conceive. Depriving yourself of necessary proteins we evolved to need. Smart as a bag of rocks.

June 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Without the stamina to climb a flight of steps?

When Dave Scott was winning his 6 Ironman triathalons, he was following a strict vegan diet
      Scott Jurek, arguably the top ultramarathoner in the world, follows a strict vegan diet.
      Brendan Brazier: Professional triathalete, follows a strict vegan diet.
      John Salley: Former championship NBA player, vegan
      Robert Parrish: Former championship NBA player, vegetarian
      Carl Lewis: Vegetarian olympic standout

Right, vegetarians have no endurance. Tell me, Howie, can you run around the block?

June 29, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  20. The Whyte MaN

The comments I have read are in complete alignment with the bell curve of the of the world's intelligence. Or, in the case, the lack thereof.
    Attacking what you don't understand is a classic defense mechanism response.
    I can say that because I have lived both sides. I was raised like most of you. Eating flesh, which I find to be the best way of describing an animal. Until I turned 2,9 that is all I knew. I'm now 31, I've abandoned that life and am so much happier
    because of it.

Why? Because I am no longer contributing to the suffering of emotionally capable beings any longer. I chose to transcend ancient animalistic behaviors.

I don't go around telling other people to stop eating meat. My best friend still does. So for most of you to go on the offensive towards people like myself who have chosen a different path is without merit and a true example of your undeveloped character.

June 29, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  21. barry

What the verses in I Corinthians that is being referenced so many times in this debate is actually referencing is eating meat around people that do not eat meat. Paul is saying that if someone is not a meat eater in the society that we are in and we are trying to tell them about God, it would be a stumblingblock or offensive to them if we did it while eating meat in front of them. This may instantly cause them to tune the believer out. I have practiced vegetarianism in the past and felt good while I was doing it. 9 months was my longest stretch. I am a pastor and I see nothing wrong with the vegan lifestyle. The bible plainly says it is ok to eat meat, but it never states that you have to.

June 29, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. YouAreJustAnotherPrimate

Humans, like all or almost all other primates, are omnivores. But our hardware is more herbivore than carnivore. Can you digest raw meat like a tiger? Like all herbivorous animals, you have a much longer intestinal tract than a carnivore would. You have very weak stomach acid. You don't have sharp front teeth for rending flesh but instead flat molars for grinding grains and the like. So you're not really built for serious meat eating. That said, most of our primate cousins do occasionally eat meat, so it's not that strange. Mass produced factory farm meat, though – that stuff is nasty. You might as well eat out of your toilet.

June 29, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • JoePub

I have eaten out of my toilet, and believe me the corn does not taste the same the second time around!

June 29, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  23. tonysgirl1959

I can't believe how many immature people are leaving comments on here. Entertainment section or not...just grow up.

June 29, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  24. evos

My Grandfather ate meat every day of his life. He lived to be 88 years old. He was happy until the day he died, in his sleep. Please explain this to me because no vegetarian has been able to.

June 29, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • rick

explain what to you? why your grandfather lived to be 88? who knows? good genetics? lots of exercise? eating a balanced diet?

June 29, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Big Ben

My grandma too ate meat everyday of her life. Loved red meat and ate it a lot. She also didn't buy organic. She lived to be 93.

June 29, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jen

I don't eat meat often,but when I do I eat the hell out of it.

June 29, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  26. chana209

what if i only eat chicken is that considered partial vegetarian? hmmmm i think i can live without meat, imma try it lol....

June 28, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  27. DonJJ

His skinny a$$ still cant satisfy Katy Perry. He'll die of anorexia anyways.

June 28, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  28. rick

sarah s: that's what i feel. it is a dietary choice.....

June 28, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. sarah S

i eat meat. i don't really care who else out there does or doesn't. its just food. i dont really see the point in batteling over it.

June 28, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  30. blg

Because Rick I work hard every day including reading when I get home. Why should I shed light on people who go home everyday and sit on there behinds watching tv. While I come home from work and learn. If people choose to be deaf blind and dumb that is their will.

June 28, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  31. blg

I'm done too much light for yall in one day.

June 28, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  32. blg

One last thing as for the Michael Vick thing yes it was in humane. But how different is that from a slaughter house or a chicken coup. I know dogs are different are they? Pigs have higher iqs and in asia they eat dogs. I know were americans we are smarter are way of looking at things is the only and right way.My point is if you eat kosher food animals that were not killed in a horrible way like slaughterhouses then get mad at Michael Vick all u want. But if u go to Mcdonalds judge not yest he be judged.

June 28, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Big Ben

You know that kosher beef is slaughtered by hanging a cow upside down by it's feet and slitting it's throat, so it bleeds to death right?

June 29, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

What does Michael Vick have to do with vegetarianism vs gnawing on meat? He ran an illegal dog fighting ring. Animals that are slaughtered are being used for food. I'm fairly certain Vick wasn't throwing the dogs on the grill afterwards. Not only that, but there are ways to get your meat that don't require steroids and inhumane (not in human) methods of killing. Education is a wonderful thing to have.

June 29, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. whatthe????

I think you are all idiots. arguing over who eats what. dont you think you should at least be happy you have something to eat. there are people out there in the world who have nothing to eat. so just shut your mouths and get over it already

June 28, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  34. blg

I don't try to push my beliefs on anybody. I just try to shed light that's all. If I didn't read a lot I probably would be athiest myself I was just showing a different way of looking at things. It is my belief god imprinted himself in numbers. As for the beans and gas I have to admit that was funny. I do fart a lot and a lot more ever since I became a vegan. And I have to stop using the word god it is just dog spelled backwards the word origins started in medevil times. No one can figure what idiot decided to start calling the most high that name during that time period. Like I said just trying to lighten up the room a bit so dark in here.

June 28, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Tank

@hunter boy: i agree. There is nothing better than meat you have killed and butchered yourself!! Also raising your own pork and beef is great as well!! Much better tasting than stuff you buy @ stores. And blg: i hope your athiest comment wasnt directed towards me because i do not consider myself an athiest i consider myself agnostic. There is a difference. And who knows, i cld b wrong. It is not up to me to tell you or anyone else your religion is right or wrong. Its your belief and i respect that. Just like you shld respect my beliefs and the beliefs of ppl that are athiest. There is nothing wrong w any of it. When we die we will see who was rt and who was wrong. Maybe.

June 28, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. charlie crack

You vegans probably clear a room when you poot tofu and butter beans....some tough stuff I bet.....oooh wee!

June 28, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick

charlie: with me, it's broccoli

June 29, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Gail

Actually it's the high sulfer content in the animal proteins that cause the bad smell. No one clears a room out like a carnivore with gas.

June 29, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  37. pol

You vegans eat what you want but i believe i eat what want you are really silly, 1timothy 4:1-5 read it, what are you going to eat if you really look at it plants as long as they are green they are alive, the only dead plant is the one dried up, so in actual you are killing a living thing, and besides you won'T kill a cow to eat but i bet you believe in the right to have an abortion, you kill a baby but won`t kill to live, so p.e.t.a stand for people eager to abort

June 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick

making an awful lot of assumptions about vegans/vegetarians, aren't you? i am a vegan, and i don't care one way or another abougt what you eat. i don't see it as a moral thing. i see it as a dietary thing.

June 28, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  38. DonJJ

I have sharper teeth so Im more carnivorus. I like fruits but hate vegetables.

June 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. i live in Tyrone, PA

Brake for animals. Don't be lazy.

June 28, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Tank

@I live in tyrone pennsulvania: i couldnt have said any of that better myself!! I agree w u 100%.

June 28, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Tank

@joe mamma: yes i really NEED meat. There is nothing wrong with eating a well balanced diet that includes meat. Just like there is nothing wrong with ppl that choose to be vegan. This is just my opinion and my observation but i know lots of ppl that eat meats and veggies and a few ppl that are strict vegans and from my viewpoint i think the ones that eat a balance of both meats and veggies look a lot healthier. And they also tend to be more active. As a whole i cld b wrong but that is just what i have observed.

June 28, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. blg

As for the athiest here is some math for u take the last 2 digits u were born. Now add those numbers to the age u will be this year. You get 111 we are all one wake up.

June 28, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

So if I was born in 2008 I will be 3 years old...so you're saying 3 plus 08 = 111?

June 29, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark

I like that, you use a broken math trick...then proclaim to the world "wake up people, we are all one"
      LOL

June 29, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Big Ben

Yeah. My friends daughter was born in 2009 and will be 3. That equals 12.

June 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  43. charlie crack

Kristen Wiig is hot...i'd eat tofu and soy to wake up next to her....russell's an idiot, lil skinny @$$ can't please Katy Perry!

June 28, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  44. HELL YEAH!

I am an alien as you humans have known me by. I eat humans all the time my IQ surpasses all you humans and my strength is like no other. My pet STFU likes eating animals!

June 28, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Tank

@veggie dog: LOL!! That was funny. :)

June 28, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. blg

And for the people who say we have the chose you are right. The fact is one day everybody will realize we all came from one it's just some of us are more evolved in tis process then others. So it's okay the vegans have just been around the block a few more times then the meat eaters that's all.

June 28, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

OMG, I keep seeing you throw around the word "evolved" everywhere. If humans have "evolved" past a need for meet then why the h3ll do humans still have incisors?! Don't use words you don't understand.

June 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

*meat
      ahem.

June 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Tank

@britt: its in the entertainment section. Itwas obviously important enough for you to read and comment on. Dumb@$$.

June 28, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  48. I live in Tyrone Pennsylvania

Tires?

June 28, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  49. blg

Did u guys know Ronald Mcdonald became a vegan google it. He said the managment in Mcdonalds don't even eat the crap what everyone is missing is that meat is big business bottom line.

June 28, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hunter boy

That doesnt surprise me...McD's and all fat ....I mean ...fast food in general is poison! Go hunting and get real meat folks....you'll fall in love.

June 28, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Tex

I really love how people make this about religion, quit hiding behind it you idiots. using religion in such a way just shows the cowardice of society today.

June 28, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jamie

Vegans don't have mental disorders simply for being vegans. They just interpret the info differently and choose to live a different lifestyle. I am vegan and personally, I feel as though I have become a better person. Doesn't mean you have to be vegan to be a good person. But attacking someone's fundamental beliefs isn't appropriate even if your's are the opposite. Also, anything that exists in this world has a vegan alternative... Makeup, tires, everything.

June 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom

Wow Jamie – So it's ok to use animals as test subjects for your medicine and drugs but just don't eat them????

June 28, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  52. I live in Tyrone Pennsylvania

Genesis 9:1-3 says: "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, now I give you everything." Mind boggling....

June 28, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gail

Of course if it says to kill animals in the bible it must be ok. God himself wrote the bible with his invisible hand. So why don't you get yourself a slave then? He tells us it's ok to have slaves in the bible too. I believe everything in the bible of course even if my conscious tells me it's wrong. Actually there are passages in the bible that contradict your verses anyway. Guess that's why he gave us a brain too huh?

June 29, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  53. blg

You are right we were given the option. The chinese have a belief that if u can justify ur actions then it's okay.I think the pilgrams killing a deer in december was justified. But u going to mcdonalds because little johnny wants a happy meal I don't know about that one. We are suppose to evolve that's why u were given the option.

June 28, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. dee de dee

We have teeth designed for eating meat AS WELL AS vegetables for a reason. Silly carnivore, vegetarianism and veganism is for the herbivores. What other purpose are (for example) cattle for, than to become sustance for others?

June 28, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  55. blg

Let's just hope we are the highest thing in the universe on the food chain.I would hate to hear you people crying bloody murder if we found out one day we are not the most advanced species in the universe. Close minded people think about that one.

June 28, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  56. haterr

If we weren't suppose to eat animals, why were we given the option too? STFU and eat a cheeseburger.

June 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. blg

Yes u are right the human body did have to evolve hell we went through a ice age. We have evolved enough now where we don't have to kill animals.We have wonderful things like soy and supplements.When god said thou shalt not kill he meant thou shalt not kill there was no side note to that. Mind boggling huh. Paul said he put a stumbling block for those who eat meat.Once again mind boggling.Maybe god meant to say thou shalt not kill unless I'm hungry,then I can stop at a mcdonalds.

June 28, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom

Sorry blg, employing an imaginary god or space aliens who eat humans are about the dumbest arguments I have ever heard... Our bodies have not evolved past eating meat – we have the same bodies and dietary requirements as we did during the last ice age...
      I hate to break it you, but no one in modern times is a vegetarian... We all use animals and animal products...

June 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hunter boy

I kill animals and I eat them...maybe it's my Comanche blood but it's how I procure food. Like the first natives. It's a choice...to face the truth that the cycle of life and death just is. You're going to die one day....so will I ....animals were put on this earth for our wise use... To be blessed by and utilized. There are a lot more passages in the bible advocating this wise use and dominion....far more than there are advocating a meatless diet.

June 28, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

I'm no biblical scholar here, but I'm fairly certain God meant thou shall not kill humans, as there are several passages from the bible where it says to go hunt some game and whatnot. Ex: "now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out and take me some venison." Genesis 27:3 So, maybe read a little further in and not just the 10 Commandments Cliffs notes version.

June 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Nick

Go ahead make fun of the vegans and there crazy likestyle...there not hurting anyone! God I love meat.

June 28, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  59. I live in Tyrone Pennsylvania

Don't wear makeup or use most beauty products then since they were tested on animals which they suffered! They would place mascara in the eyes of rabbits to check for a reaction. Not makeup for you now. Now we can see your true horrible complexion.

June 28, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • tonysgirl1959

I am a vegetarian, and I wear make up...I only buy it from Avon though...they do not test on animals.

June 29, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  60. I live in Tyrone Pennsylvania

I eat meat and vegetables. I try to balance the two out. True vegans have a obvious mental disorder to not even drink milk. I am not a hunter whatsoever. I feed the birds, chipmunks and squirrels all the time. I have trained the chipmunks to eat peanuts from my hand. I break for animals whenever I can and I get disguisted when I see roadkill when I believe their death could have been avoided. I STILL EAT MEAT! If you choose to be a vegetarian that is perfectly fine with me, but don't attack me and try to place yourself morally above myself simply because you eat your veggies. Remeber Hitler was a vegetarian so it doesn't mean squat about your morals.

June 28, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  61. joe mama

I feel sorry for the people who are closed minded. Do you really NEED meat? I bet most of you feel sick or can't sleep after you have a big fat steak. Try educating yourselves about the effects the of meat industry as whole and I guarantee you won't think the same. These girls have the right idea.

June 28, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Wrong!

I sleep awesome after a big fat cheeseburger. After a wussy salad I'm still hungry.

So I eat another cheeseburger.

June 29, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Big Ben

No problem at all sleeping after eating a steak. Never feel sick either. I feel very good and satisfied after eating a steak. It never gives me a sick feeling.

June 29, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  62. I live in Tyrone Pennsylvania

Go get your blood work done now to test your lack of vital nutrients.

June 28, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Mik

Well it appears they didn't have anyone "good lookin'" to choose from anyway...

June 28, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  64. BFD

I'm 7 yearsolder than Kristen Wiig and I look 10 years younger. My skin is healthy and glowing without needing to be spray tanned. I don't have lines around my eyes nor parentheses around my mouth.

I eat a well balanced diet that includes beef, pork, poultry, and fish, as well as most fruits and vegetables.

June 28, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  65. bonnieux

he looks like a WOLFMAN

June 28, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Henry

Just eat what you want to eat. if you want to have some buttered asparagus go ahead. If you want a big juicy steak, then have at it. I happen to love both meat and veggies. its just important that you dont try to push your way of life onto others

June 28, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  67. fonzy

June 28, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Kathy

What will this country do with all the animals the Bible says for us to eat bc God provided them for us to if we don't eat them? If nobody eats meat, this country will be overrun with animals fighting us for food. Think about that, people.
    Kathy

June 28, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Veggie Dog

Thats right. And Noah's Arc was the original 'to go' meal.

June 28, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hunter boy

"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you." Genesis 9:3

June 28, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick

kathy: that has to be the dumbest comment ever. if people do not eat meat, those animals willl not be bred. how many feral cows do you see out there?

June 29, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
    • tonysgirl1959

@ Kathy...the Bible doesn't say anything about torturing these animals, does it? I stopped eating meat 5 years ago, because I found out that a lot of these animals are being tortured before dying. There are humane ways of killing them for food, but there are far too many places that will not treat the animals that way. It's wrong. I say to each his own. I don't give people a hard time for eating meat. I'm a vegetarian out of protest in the way the animals are killed.

June 29, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • cantaloop

Yikes! I never thought about that! Plus once released from thier cages and pens they will have the free time to perhaps develop weapons of mass destruction and wipe out the human race! It's almost too horrible to think about! We must eat them before they eat us!!!

June 29, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • KC

Kathy, that is what the bible says but back then, the animals were happily crazing in fields, not pumped w/ steriods and stuff in cages to meet the demands. I'm not a vegetarian but have cut my meat intake so I can afford to buy meat that is raised more humanely

June 29, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • gs081

What if you don't believe in (a) God?

June 29, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Streetwalker

I've got an idea, let's feed them the vegans, starting with PETA members.

June 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Actually, the Genesis NKJV and NRSV says "Food", not "meat". What translation did you take that quote from, Hunter Boy?

June 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  69. fonzy

eat what u want to.

June 28, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  70. kena nelson

Everybody has the right to eat what they want! Nothing wrong in being a vegan!!!!

June 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • toxictown

Exactly. Why does it have to be an either or thing all the time. In order to reduce the dependence on animal based products (for ethical and environmental reasons) I eat vegan most of the time. However, I will occasionally eat some meat if I (or someone I trust) kills it in a swift and humane manner and has lived a low-impact wild or lightly farmed existance. I will not eat factory farmed creatures who live short and horrifying lives (and produce tons of pollutants throughout thier life and death cycle) because we think they taste good (yes, meat tastes good). Not worth it to me. If you are cool w/it then that is on you.

June 29, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  71. blg

I'm a vegan I say u wanted michael vick crucified well look in the mirror next time u go to mcdonalds wake up people.

June 28, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom

If you can't see the difference between killing animals for food versus killing them for entertainment you truley are a putz. As for food, humans have incisors for a reason. Hint: they're not for tearing through the flesh of veggies. That's right, the human body evolved to eat flesh. Mind-boggling isn't it....

June 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • BFD

I did. I woke up. Went to Mickey D's. Got an egg mcmuffin. Looked in the mirror and smiled.

Tasty.

June 28, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  72. blg

We should stop eating pigs and eat dogs their iqs are higher well in china they do.

June 28, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Veggie Dog

Even if you ate Einstein, woudn't make a difference in your case.

June 28, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • T3chsupport

I don't care how smart people think pigs are, I've never met a single one that was worth not making it into bacon. Even the 'pet' ones have been idiots. They're pushy, smelly, ugly, destructive, and are only after food. The only way I can stand pigs is on a plate. It would be the same with sheep if they didn't taste so weird. Pigs suck.

June 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • GT

"They're pushy, smelly, ugly, destructive, and are only after food." So are some people I know. Does that mean I should eat them?

June 29, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Monica

I feel much better and lighter since i stopped eating meat. vegetarianism isnt for everyone but i notice a difference in the way i feel.

June 28, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  74. blg

10 commandments thou shall not kill. Paul corinthians god has put a stumbling block for those who eat meat.

June 28, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • I live in Tyrone Pennsylvania

That simply shows you know nothing about the bible!

June 28, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hunter boy

" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out and take me some venison." Genesis 27:3

June 28, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • col

blg, best read your Bible again, God tells you what animals you are aloud to eat, he tells you that you have to bleed them first before fixing and eating.

June 28, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimrod

Religious nutters get into every debate – it's a book, mostly fiction and not a set of life instructions. "God" tells people to do and not do many things which are ignored by pretty much everyone, never yet seen him turn up and tell me off for anything so I'll presume he made us how we are and gave us free will to do as we like, including question him and his existence.

June 29, 2011 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  75. Britt

And this is news because...

June 28, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Hunter boy

Do you wear clothes? Do you eat vegetables? Do you know how many animals get killed and lose their habitat due to farm machinery for food and cotton? Survival of the fittest I say..

June 28, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • lydia

This is a really ignorant comment. A vegetarian lifestyle doesn't just effect humans. It could save tons of human lives (so, who are the fittest, certain humans?). You might want to read a bit more on the subject before you comment out of your own guilty conscience.

June 28, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hunter boy

You might consider studying about the high protein low fat bounty that Is wild game meat... Fittest humans? Hunters are....not the beer swillin jack in the box boys... Real hunters

June 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Bubba

I love vegetarians....they taste just like chicken...I'm gonna go kill dinner now

June 28, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brett

Your dead meat lived a vegetarian lifestyle, or at least you hope it did.

June 29, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Bubba

They need to come down to East Texas ...I'll fire up the barbecue pit and we can celebrate with fresh backstrap steaks and some dove breast! Enjoy your twinkies losers!

June 28, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Chooses Well

Grouchy old commenters, big surprise. I'm eating in a terrific vegetarian restaurant as I read this. Happy. Go vegetarian. If you have any balls at all.

June 28, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • stickman

you eat balls?

June 29, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Fred Evil

"I'm eating in a terrific vegetarian restaurant"
      Liar. There is no such thing. That's like a 'terrific Ethiopian restaurant.'

June 29, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  80. mike bain

"I don't understand the question?"

June 28, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  81. fernace

Talk about a secksy little paradox, meat based humans are secksy herbivores!

June 28, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Slickidy

Oh poo, I was under the misconception that PETA meant People Eat Tasty Animals.... Eh, either way, thats just more meat for the rest of us!

June 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

Not a new joke. So old, and so not funny.

June 28, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hunter boy

Ive actually never heard this one before that's great! :)

June 28, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spike

Love it!

June 28, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grace

Every single time that a story relating to anything vegetarian/vegan/animal rights comes out on here multiple people must make that joke. It is so moronic. Every. Single. Time.

June 29, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Ant

I think the meat you eat has made you retarded. so retarded that you tell the same stupid joke EVERY TIME. And the people who laugh and eat meat are retarded to. You're all retarded... except me.

June 29, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

@Grace

Who is the more moronic? The people making jokes or the person who thinks those jokes are moronic but keeps reading them?

June 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

Old joke. Still funny.

June 29, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Ahnold

I thought Russell loved the meat

June 28, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Fernandez

Cant make a good burrito without some ground beef or chichen.

June 28, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brett

Sure ya can. Taco Bell grilled stuffed burrito, "minus beef sub bean." Order it just like that and enjoy.

June 29, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Eat Meat

You just can’t trust someone you does not eat meat. They get them squinty eyes.

June 28, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  86. rick

why is that?

June 28, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Jimrod

I'm no vegetarian but I think the reasons for taking drugs and not eating meat are completely separate... Seems an odd thing to call someone a retard for :)

June 29, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  88. Lars Babaganoosh

That's because drugs are way better than beef. I'd take acid or ectasy over a whopper or big mac any day.

June 29, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |