Neil Patrick Harris is ready for a wedding
June 27th, 2011

Neil Patrick Harris is ready for a wedding

After New York’s historic decision to legalize gay marriage, Neil Patrick Harris and his longtime partner David Burtka are looking forward to a wedding of their own.

The 38-year-old actor tweeted Friday, “I'd sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it.”

After the announcement came that New York signed the same-sex marriage bill into law, Harris could hardly contain his tweeted elation.

“It PASSED! Marriage equality in NY!! Yes!! Progress!! Thank you everyone who worked so hard on this!! A historic night!” he wrote, adding that he and Burtka had proposed to one another over five years ago. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date," he said.

The "How I Met Your Mother" star is currently raising twins with Burtka, and has made no secret about the fact that he one day hopes to walk down the aisle.

He joked with People magazine back in December that "the callus is hurting on my right hand," motioning to the jewelry on his right ring finger. "It'd be nice to move the ring over here someday," he added, gesturing to his left hand.

Update, 1:38 p.m. ET: None of this means you should buy a wedding present yet - Harris tweeted Monday, "Dear media: Just because David and I will soon be able to marry in NY, doesn't mean we are actively planning a wedding. Cart before horse."

Filed under: Celebrities • Neil Patrick Harris

1. Mr. nice Guy

I read the end of the bible (the new testament at that) and it say only 144000 people of the originally 12 tribes of Israel get saved in the rapture so sorry Christians you be hell with an the people you hate :) better play nice while you still can :)

June 28, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. D Murray

NPH is a racist but he wants to be excepted being gay,I don't get it.

June 28, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. JD

Hell is waiting you perverts.

June 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JD

Hell is waiting for you perverts.

June 28, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JohnDoe

Have your fun now perverts because very soon you'll all be burning in HELL!

June 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. John Doe

Sick...Nasty...Sick...Nasty Get my flow?

June 28, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Congrats NPH

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AsslGw0YF4&w=640&h=390]

June 28, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. hot rabbit lol

I wanna add on too what sumone said ,tom cruise is not gay he has a whole family..he was acting in them scripts that he did its not true so why do ppl gotta have soo much negative thoughts on other ppl all based on a part they was playing smh.

June 28, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. fernace

I read some1 saying that if Jesus was walking amongst us today, based on historical scripture, he would be the most liberal rebel of them all. His friends & followers would be gays, illegal immigrants, the homeless, & all other mariginalized people some feel they have the right to condemn! The God I pray to is about love & tolerance, not judgement & disdain. In fact God says over & over that judgement is His alone. I take that literally, because I don't want the responsibility of judging who's going to hell, which is probably lucky for some posters here tonight! I'm so happy for Neil & his love, David. I teared up a bit to read how happy he was to finally have rights we straights take for granted. And there are 44 more states to go, until all humans in this nation are equal in every sense of the word! Btw, they wear their rings on the right hand until they they have the right to marry. From what I've read some GLBT's will keep the rings there til all states get with the program! I pray for that to happen!!

June 27, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Amanda

Sick, disgusting,gross,I work at night they come trying to gross me out deliberately,a couple will ask where the condoms or lubricant is and they'll bought be smiling at me the whole time.I'm straight when I need things like that I or my husband go and find it ourselves,we don't have to announce to the that we're about to make love.The guy that predicted the end of the world May 21st was wrong,but with this law passing in New York I do wonder how much longer we have.

June 27, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Astonished

Gotta say though..love me some Dr. Doogie Howser still! Lol! He's hilarious!

June 27, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Astonished

Wow! That's all I can say after reading these comments! No wonder the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is so messed up! SMDH! U can't even voice ur opinion anymore!! In the words of Rodney King.."CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!"

June 27, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. A.D.

If my son was gay, that wouldn't make him less my son, and I'm a mere mortal. Do you think God now will judge His gay children?

June 27, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. doogie houser m.d.

Somebody teach me how to doogie...I guess we all know what MD stands for-more dudes

June 27, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. KM

Take religion out of the discussion for a minute here. The government recognizes marriage as a status deserving of conferred benefits such as inheritance, hospital visitation, tax deductions, legal power of attorney, etc..

Do people really want the government to treat a certain percentage of the population differently from the rest just because they are different? Civil rights and life, liberty, and property (pursuit of happiness) are guaranteed to all Americans not just the ones fitting a certain demographic. Regardless of your religious beliefs, as Americans, we should support equality in such things. Agree with it or don't, but show your American values by supporting the right to be different and not treated as such. Stop trying to use fear, misunderstanding, and a really really old book to justify discrimination.

June 27, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. chrissy

Let them be gay somewhere else....its their choice who they love....be happy

June 27, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DonJJ

Looks like all the gays came out to post.

June 27, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Todd Packer

Honest question, do gay parents that adopt children teach them to be gay as well?

June 27, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Think of it like this. A gay person is BORN gay. Proven. But let's entertain your question: a person spends his or her entire life being ridiculed for the way they were made, why would they wish that upon a child they were raising?

June 28, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  19. *Neiltwon*

Awww Congrads To Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka!

June 27, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. urallgay

Who cares let em get married its not their fault they are nasty

June 27, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. ballsdeep

Hate hate hate. I'm not gay but my opinion is who cares? Let them be happy. I mean if I absolutely loved any individual enough to marry them I wouldn't be ashamed whether they were male or female. Love is love. Religious ppl don't believe in divorce? Well it happens to 50% of married couples. I don't believe in god, but I gotta deal with all ur crazy oppresive opinions on things. Its 2011 people do what makes u happy, but more importantly just be yourself.

June 27, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  22. truthy

Bible new testament says only those 144000 of the original 12 tribes of Israel get to go to heaven any way sorry christians heaven is full have fun in hell with all the people you hate :)

June 27, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  23. jerry

What's next, marriage to farm animals?

June 27, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Name*kelly smith

I'm so excited! My wife and I went 2 ct last yr 2 get married after beinf 2gether over 12 yrs! We've raised and r still raising children! My biological daughter her niece and nephew and my 2 nieces! We have so much love 4 eachother pushing strong into our 14th yr! Can't wait 2 renew our vows here in ny!

June 27, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. TippleNwister

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

June 27, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  26. DMA

Its great for NY but its not equality until its nationally.

June 27, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  27. david stone

Gross.

June 27, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  28. mike

So, just two quick questions: 1) Who pays for dinner? and 2) Who gets stuck with being on bottom?

June 27, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. shrug

If it's not hurting us, why should we care? Let them be happy!

June 27, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. mike

It it's just so romantic! I know where he can put his finger. How disgusting.

June 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  31. IceT

It laughable to hear believers of an imaginary god who come from a long line of believers of other imaginary gods try to tell the rest of us what's right/wrong .. no credibility there! Especially when they say "the bible says", what, they can't decide for themselves!?

June 27, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. jeff Badger

Way to Go....Fanny Bandits........

June 27, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jeff

I'd rather eat a hog dog than a pink taco.

June 27, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Stoshio

Truly sickening and disgusting.

June 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Gram2

Way 2 go New York! NPH- may u & ur partner hav many yrs of wedded happiness. Ur children are blessed 2 hav such loving parents.

June 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  36. fundies

two of the lamest modern day expressions: "thank you sooo much"
    "no worries"

June 27, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  37. IceT

Gotta love Neil Patrick Harris, he's a great spokesperson for the gay community. Straight forward, confident, honest & not over the top. Let the marriages commence so we can all put this nonesense (bigotry) behind us.

June 27, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Holly

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

It would do a lot of people good to read their Bible. No, I'm not perfect but I try to live the way God would want us to live.

June 27, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • weedogsmum

genasis, leviticus, numbers..blah blah blah..Ya..Ive read it..don't believe it

June 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • hyrkanian

Oh please spare me the bible verses. Your just like whats her name from Sat Night Live.
      You dont know what your talking about and your quoting a piece of literature that for the most part is such b/s.
      Funny how the people who are so against gays and gays marrying have no trouble breaking other so called biblical rules on a daily bases without giving it a second thought. hypocritical bigots are the worst kind of people

June 27, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • KM

I think Holly should learn ancient Hebrew and then come back with a CORRECT translation of that old rag.

June 27, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • blazen79

Hey holly do more research on your god and the bible ......see how many savoirs were born on Dec 25 then died and then walked the earth again the bible is a book and nothing more just Google Horace .....no one has the right to judge anyone else

June 28, 2011 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  39. Kienne

I am a non-denominational minister in central NY and would love to preform the ceremony! Keywuzhere@yahoo.com

June 27, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Joe

NPL is such a cool dude.

June 27, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. ginger

It's sick and against the Bible God will deal with them

June 27, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Johnny 5

Good for them. I'm a straight male but I think you should be able to freely marry whomever you choose, not who the bronze aged fable says you should. It's nice to see that logic and reason is advancing over myth and tall tales finally.

June 27, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Bobba Fett

Idiots. NY didn't "legalize" anything. It just sponsors it now. Gay marriage was never "illegal." Polygamy is illegal.

June 27, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  44. The Selfish Gene ...Simmons

More like BRING ON THE TAX EXEMPTION STATUS.

June 27, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  45. the_dude

CNN there are too many people posting on here negative things about gays. That goes against the dnc agenda. All the anti-gay posts must be taken down at once. The party chairman has spoken.

June 27, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  46. InTheKeester

Ben Dover

June 27, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Frank

Why is it that we in the gay community have to find legitimacy in the straight community? I DON'T want to be identified with traditional, "straight" marriage at all.

June 27, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  48. theDude

So much coverage for something that affects less than 1% of the population. How gay is that?

June 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roland

Even if your statistic was correct (which it is not), that would be 3 million people in the US alone. Do the math and try calculating the various numbers for the 3% to 12% range that is generally accepted by researchers as representative of the gay population. If you don't believe in math because it isn't mentioned in the Bible, we'll try to help you out.

June 27, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  49. JasonM

It's a good thing Neil's parents weren't gay; otherwise, he wouldn't be here.

I wish NY the best of luck!

June 27, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Swarles

Yeah, because a gay person has never had a biological kid EVER before *rolls eyes*

June 27, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  50. JasonM

It's a good thing Neil's parents weren't gay; otherwise, he wouldn't be here.

June 27, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jean

cart before horse?

they already have kids!

June 27, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Kyser

Hey, each to their own. So whats the problem with Gay Marriage? The only Arguement comes from Super Christian Conservatives I assume? but then again thats judging someone which I have no right to do in the first place. Oh well, gunna go do something better with my time like read a book or something of that nature.

June 27, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Deeznutz

All of you Jesus people think your above everyone. Just STFU and go read your bible...

June 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  54. peakarach

I guess most of white american are LBGTQ. HAHAHA!!!!!

June 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  55. jdog

HOLLY Hanna, this story is just ripe for all the ignorant redneck fear mongering types the US is FULL OF

June 27, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  56. boocat

"I say live and let live. Anyone that can't deal with that, take him outside and shoot the m*****f*****." – George Carlin

June 27, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  57. low

why is this in the news. I think the men and women fighting for our country should be in the news. GOD be with our country

June 27, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyser

Because some of those men and women fighting for our country whom are indeed gay or Lesbian are also fighting for that little thing we call freedom of press. A very close Battle Buddy of mine, whom we all know is Gay in our platoon, has taken a Bullet, shrapnel, and even risked his life by kicking a Grenade away from our Platoon gunners position (luckily it was a Dud.). He's from New York and happy to see the law or bill passed even though he doesn't plan on getting married. It's all subjective though, since most people would rather read about something trivial rather than the stories of America's fighting men and women doing an Amazing job out there, and only listen when it’s about the 1% in the Armed Forces commits an atrocity.

June 27, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trixibelle

You know, someone makes a comment like this for every story I've read. There's more to life than war, politics and crime.

June 27, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  58. HELL YEAH!

Just can't wait for the world to be over so much s*** that is going on. Can't the world evolve quicker so we could all stop existing.

June 27, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  59. DisagreeingMcDisagreeington

How can you say it makes for less men? If they were gay, they were gay before they could get married. You think gay dudes are out there smashing snizz just bc they can't marry another sword? NO scott

June 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sean

If these ignorant comments are coming from adults, I really feel sad for you.

June 27, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Al

Sad isn't it? Why can't these morons live their lives as they see fit, and let other people do the ssme!

June 27, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  61. U.S.Army-OverLord

Wow I had no idea this guy was gay. Well I hope it all works out.

June 27, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JamesM

CNN needs to monitor these blogs better...if this was any particular race or ethnic group with such slander against them there would be lawsuits up the ying-yang. Please use discretion when you write these comments, people. That type of hatred ruins lives.

June 27, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  63. TheOtherKind

I think it is wonderful that this has finally happened. Hopefully other states will follow. As far as all the negative comments and jokes.....let me assure you it is a very tough life when you are gay. Take it from me.....I finally came out and accepted it 5 years ago at the age of 47. To be honest I wonder how I acutally survived and it is still a fight that I endure daily. So, before you joke or pass judgement think about it....until you've walked in our shoes you are absolutely clueless.

June 27, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  64. mrssethmeyers

Cognrads Neal! Your show isn't funny but you are still awesome! Equal rights for all! Go ny!

June 27, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Carl

I personally think it is wrong, but who cares like I said earlier. If they love each other go for it. I just prefer a woman, not a man..hahahahahah

June 27, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Anonymous

It's about time that gays are finally afforded the same basic rights that straight couples have. I'm sick of government telling people what we can and cannot do. Government has no right to dictate the rights of people. We made this country what it is–we have the right to live it.

June 27, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  67. person

That was directed at CORA LDS

June 27, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  68. TruthHurts

Good for him. Unfortunately he still needs to divorce that terrible TV show of his. That show is complete garbage.

June 27, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Andrew

Just goes to show you how different gay men are from straight men, gay men actually want to get married. That should be a sign that they should call it something else.

June 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • HELL YEAH!

Oh really! Anyone name a couple of gay man that have been married over 40yrs or more and that I could Google? I could tell you lots of couples happily married that been together more than 60yrs don't believe me Google it. I am saying Google so you can prove it in seconds. Andrew again you are pathetic!

June 27, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • KinNYC

To Hell Yeah: You can't get stats like that because there hasn't been a law that allowed them to be married. –A@#% hole.

June 27, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  70. satana

Live and let live

June 27, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  71. lookinthemirror

What a bunch of ignorant people. I guess because the divorce rate is so high with the so called "moral" people, marriage between a man and a woman is the best example of the way the world should be. NOT!!!

June 27, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  72. dawn

God bless u!!!!! May you have many happy yrs together!!!!!

June 27, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

@Truth – I'm pretty sure its God's place to judge sin.

June 27, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug

@truth – if 'God' hates people who are in love – he doesn't DESERVE to be worshiped. Go on in your sad judgmental life! The 'bible' is a book written by men voicing their OPINIONS thousands of years ago. Nothing more. It is sad that people still put stock in it (aside from the good lessons, and there are SOME).

June 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Rob

Hey hey hey... I know it seems all fun and games. But those comments hurt. I grew up in the closet for 25 years not knowing what loving and being attracted to someone felt like. If you were born straight and attracted to the norm. Good for you. But I can tell you one thing. The drepession, self loathing and hate ran deep for years because of your insensitive comments. Maybe two men shouldn't be able to marry the "traditional" way. However... Being able to love and know that it's recognized, that's important. So please respect and learn that people are not all cookie cutter like you think they should be.

June 27, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackson Browne

Honey let me introduce you
      to my redneck friend.

June 27, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mehgann

Don't let these ignorant bigots ruin your day. Go get married!! It's time to celebrate!!!

June 27, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Good for you Rob. What ignorant, insensitive jerks comment here. I have some very dear gay friends, have seen the heartache they've been through. Who has the right to judge others? Hopefully NY sets a standard other states will follow. It's OK to be who you are.

June 27, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna

Well if you hated yourself that much, you should have done something about it!

June 27, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug

Good for you Rob – just realize there are plenty out here that feel the same way as you, gay or not. I grew up in a very religious family, believing it was all wrong. I have come to the realization years ago that those beliefs were all wrong. Not only that, they were built upon how people *FELT* thousands of years ago, and had no basis (yea that's right!). Love is always better than hate, and I commend you for being in love.

June 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug

@anna – he can't do anything about the idiotic beliefs of others – unfortunately that is something we ALL have to live with

June 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Slickidy

Hahahahahahahaha

June 27, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  75. HELL YEAH!

More women for us men! Hell Yeah! I have friends that are gay to me they are just still hiding in the closet confused & scared. Some of them childhood trauma and others hurt by that girl they use to love. For those that are or have been in love it is the strongest drug to take people even commit suicide.Rarely some that actually feel they were born from another gender.

June 27, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

I'm, yeah, most men are born gay.

June 27, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • HELL YEAH!

@andrew Most boys feel they should be girls and girls feel they should be boys. Learn how to read & understand I never said men were born gay. Last sentence has nothing to do with being a lesbian or gay. You are a d*****s!

June 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • pippin

Are you saying men turn gay because they lost the girl they loved or had a traumatic experience? I didn't realize just how many ignorant morons there were in the world until today.

June 27, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  76. nohate

The jokes and judgements make me sad. This is about love, relationships and equality.

June 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  77. WHO'S NEXT?

So when's Ryan Seacrest going to come out of denial/the closet?

June 27, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  78. pedro

I dont know. Im happy for them myself. Im not gay but all of those I know are incerdible. Much nicer and seem happier than other people.

June 27, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • spm422

I could not agree more!!! I am straight, married and a mommy of 3 kids! I am Christian too AND I think it is fabulous that these two people who love each other are now able to be legally wed!! WTG NY!!

June 27, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth

Saying you're Christian, and acting Christian or upholding Christian values are two separate things. Christians hate the sin, but not the person.

June 27, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • pippin

Truth: Who's truth or who's teaching is that? The God I know loves everyone and preaches somethng about casting the first stone. Don't take the bible literally! Do you own a refrigerator? Keep your made-up religeous claptrap to yourself, you're ignorant. Best of luck to to anyone who wants to show the world that they love somone.

June 27, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • YAY NY!

Saying you're Christian and then judging others (other Christians, no less) is problematic according to the bible. I agree with you pedro, Christianity is about love, not hate. It's time to hear the "other" Christians speak.

June 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • YAY NY!

Sorry, I meant to respond to spm422 regarding the Christian thing. Too many times, the voice of Christianity is shrill. It's nice to hear from kind and loving people.

June 27, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • rkdres

I agree that gay men seem happier, but so many lesbians look miserable. I recently took my wife and kids to Key West for a great vacation. Really enjoyed the diversity and weather. However, I could not believe how many lesbian couples would shake their heads and snarl when they saw my wife carrying a baby. There was no mistake that their dirty looks were directed at my wife. Also had one couple actually make a comment that I wouldn't repeat here. Pretty sad if you ask me. I thought the whole point of diversity was to embrace all of our differences and enjoy the same world. It's not like my kids were screaming or carrying on, on the contrary, so many people told us how exceptionally well behaved they were.....

June 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  79. @ CORA LDS

Jump off a cliff please.

For all the people who think it's wrong... perhaps it is. But the way I see it, it's two less guys for me to worry about. More women for the rest of us (unless, of course, they're lez).

June 27, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  80. pedro

Now hopefully Tom Cruise will finally come out of the closet.

June 27, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • IHateTomCruise

Oh yeah, I forget to mention that Neil P Harris seems like a cool dude, I wish him and his partner much luck.

June 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Cruise the Original Maverick

Did you even SEE my sweet abs in that volleyball game? If anyone's a foof its that Iceman

June 27, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna

And George Clooney

June 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mav

I was happy to see the goose die. He took our secret ho~mo life to the grave.

June 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Sue

Really CNN? You consider those comments appropriate? That said, let me wish them all the best. Congratulations to so so many who can now legally marry whomever they love.

June 27, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  82. jose'

This is pretty good. I wish them all the best. Much happiness and no worries.

June 27, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Confused

My only questions is, if they are engaged why do they wear the rings on the right hand – straight fiances wear them on the left.

June 27, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hoofhearted

I think it could be a good thing, gays cannot bear children on their own so I think this measure will boost adoption. So...do it for the children. Thnx

June 27, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emma

He is still a really gorgeous man! I wish them both the best of luck and yes, very jealous. lol

June 27, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cynical Person

IN tradition, it is the right hand, but only for the bride. Only people who don't know say its left. The bride isn't supposed to wear the engagement ring as she walks up the aisle, but it supposed to have it on the left hand during the reception and beyond. However in the case of Gay marriages, it would be find for both parties to have the engagement ring on the right hand.

June 28, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  83. The Måd Ræp3r

Your thinking of R Kelly

June 27, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  84. William

you are joking, right?
    first, the US was not founded as a Christian nation. at all. look it up.
    second, and I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you know all those Catholic priests molesting little boys?
    those guys aren't what you would call 'straight'...

June 27, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  85. person

Wasn't it Jesus who said"thou who has not sinned shall cast the first stone."? Doesn't He also say to love everybody equally? And doesn't it say in the Bible that God made man in His own image? Guess you're going to Hell!

June 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Travis

I know! The next thing you know whites and blacks will want to marry!!

June 27, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Rob

Travis. Hilarious!

June 27, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  88. all or none

Have you read Romans chapter 1? It explains a lot. If your going to believe the Bible, believe all of it. Don't just pick and choose. Love the sinner (which we all are) but not the sin.

June 27, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Kenny

Jesus said to "love everybody equally", NOT make-love to everybody equally you moron.

June 27, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  90. JDJ

You are correct that we should not cast stones, that we should love everyone, and that God made man in His own image. However, Jesus also told the woman caught in the very act of adultery to go and sin no more after He made the casting stones comment. We should love everyone since Jesus came to die for the whole world of sinners, of which I am one. God did make us in His image so that we are free moral agents who can make decisions. We are all going to Hell unless we repent of our sin (whatever it is) and ask God to forgive us. God will never reject anyone who comes to Him for forgiveness.

June 27, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  91. low

Leave the Bible and God out of this

June 27, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Eric in Manhattan

SO much hate, David. You sem to be preoccupied with gay men. Why not do something constructive, like getting some anger management?

June 27, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  93. shootmyownfood

So, if it disgusts you, don't look. If you have personal opinions that lead you to believe this is wrong, don't do it! Wow! It must be awful to think everyone that isn't just like you is wrong. Or maybe you have your own set of stone tablets from the burning bush?

June 27, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Cherie

I agree with you 100%.

June 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Babiyaga

"Hard to tell in this case, as both look like a couple of pansies."
    @David Stone- says the pansy who posts his insults online.

June 27, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  96. shootmyownfood

Dude! Get your flowers "straight." Pansies are delicate, brightly colored flowers that have an extremely high tolerance to cold temperatures. Since they are both wearing sportcoats, I'd say they might be some other type of flower.

June 27, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  97. person

Nice! I love how the "moral" person is now being a 5 year old and name calling!

June 27, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Al

Sorry, but you most definitely are not God. God is love, Jesus is love, and UR a F*ing bigot. I don;'t think there is any way that God would claim U as one of his own. Get over yourself, princess!

June 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Possum

Gee, "god" sure sounds like a 12 year old. FAIL.

June 27, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  100. read your bible

Do you wear clothes made of 2 fabrics? Do you work on the sabbath? Enough said. Every Christian picks and chooses what they believe because the Bible has a lot of insane things written by a bunch of ignorant MEN

June 27, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Truth

AMEN!

June 27, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Brooke

@ It's wrong- and with you it makes three.

June 27, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Truth

Do you read the Bible? Pretty sure you don't understand what context is. Your points don't make sense if you have read the Bible.

June 27, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Read the NEW Testament

What you are saying comes from the OLD Testament. Read the NEW one. You know, the one where Jesus Christ had to come down to earth to spell it out because people weren't listening. And people still aren't listening. This law just makes it harder for gays to get to heaven. i am so sorry for them.

June 27, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Al

So called Christians have been name calling GLBT people for decades resulting in gigantic numbers of gay teen suicides, and you have the cojones to cry about being called bigots. Get a life!

June 27, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  106. boocat

See ya in hell, you moron....

June 27, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  107. john

GayISM? really? I thought you Christians were supposed to float off to heaven some where...

June 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Really?

@ann – It is this kind of intolerance that has led to so many people not only despising religion, but Christians and God as well. Jesus did not preach a message of hatred.

June 27, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Tina

Judge not lest ye be judged, Ann. I guess there's a nice warm spot in the sun waiting for you in the afterlife for passing all this judgement. Enjoy.

June 27, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  110. The Real Truth

how nice that you can copy and paste a bunch of scriptures that don't mean a thing.

June 27, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  111. @ It's wrong

No, fool, it's because when a comment is deemed offensive and people have reported it enough times, it goes away. You do realize the "Report Abuse" link actually works, right?

June 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Straight Guy 1

Like he said...Censorship of an opposing point of view...genius....

June 27, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  113. The Måd Ræp3r

Timmay!

June 27, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  114. mb2010a

Um...that would be none of your business.

June 27, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  115. mb2010a

Don't knock it until you've tried it...you might like it.

June 27, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  116. nitrous

In case you haven't noticed – THERE IS NO GOD!

June 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  117. mb2010a

I feel sorry for you...

June 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  118. mb2010a

Actually, man created God in his own image...

June 27, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Holly

So sad, I will pray for you. I really feel sorry for those who do not believe.

June 27, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Stoshio

Oh yes there is and you should be praying to Him right now. Your life would be blessed and you would be much happier.

June 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Richk

You're absolutely correct. I said the same exact thing last week. Mainstream religions are so arrogant, they view the universe only as a place where humans are important. People actually created the 'god" personality as a human, and as a 'he' to boot. No wonder the god portrayed in religions is vengeful and judgmental. Probably due to the fact that those are qualities found in human beings, so why not have them in your god as well.

June 27, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  122. IceT

"So sad, I will pray for you. I really feel sorry for those who do not believe" ... in Gay marriage.

June 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Holly

Not only do I NOT believe in gay marriage, I don't believe in divorce, I don't believe in affairs. I do believe in my God and what he stands for and what he stands against. The Bible states that it is an abmination but the bible also states that whosever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved. Do you really think you should tempt God by doing what he is against and then laugh in his face about it?

June 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Well Said

I agree.

June 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Well Said

...with Rich.
    (I cannot in good conscious agree with Holly.)

June 27, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Brooke

@Holly- wow you judgemental cun+. Did you ever factor in which VERSION of the bible you are reading? Have you tried reading any OTHER versions? GOD is loving, he is allknowing, and HE shall pass his judgment upon man, not YOU and your bible beating child molesting war starters. When did MEN think they could usurp His power and claim it for their sword and shield? If you were a TRUE christian, a TRUE believe you wouldn't be on here spouting hate. You'd be asking God to make you more understanding, more patient, and less of a terrible piece of trash. The bible isnt GODS word, its mans interpretation and MEN are flawed and biased. We base god in our image anytime we need to bend what the bible says to fit our battle parameter. Look at the crusades, look at the things you are spewing right now.

I advise you to take a good long look at yourself and where you stand with your faith because you are not on the path of eternal bliss, not with the venom you are spewing. Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged. Dont be a tard lest ye be born that way. The information is out there in implore you GO LOOK FOR IT.

June 27, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  127. KM

Hey Holy - err Holly,

Read and memorize the entire Bible and every rule then come and talk about what is and isn't allowed. Hypocrites are the worst.

June 27, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Babiyaga

@ brooke- *claps* exactly. all of these people thinking they know what god wants, thinking they are some kind of disciple to preach His word. All they are is a bunch of hate mongers hiding behind religion because its easier. They aren't children of god, they are children of satan because somewhere along the line they let him into their hearts and minds and now he controls them through their hate, fear, and ignorence.

June 27, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |