Frisky business on 'Ice Loves Coco'
June 27th, 2011

Frisky business on 'Ice Loves Coco'

First things first: Ice-T's wife Coco is now a singer. Or a rapper. Or…yeah. Regardless, she has a new song on iTunes about her vast collection of shoes and just how much she wants to, er, become better acquainted with them, if you will.

And that's what I learned by watching episode three of E!’s “Ice Loves Coco.”

The Coco song came about after Ice-T decided to let her lay down some tracks in the studio. Apparently they both had been talking about doing a song together for quite some time and never did.

Ice-T enlisted his two best music producer friends and his engineer to come up with a beat and a hook, and added three amazing background singers to the mix. (Those singers, in my humble opinion, sounded good enough to make anyone else sound great.)

And then it was time: Coco headed to the booth holding a list of top fashion shoe designers, delivered her lines and Ice LOVED it. He asked her to repeat "I love my shoes" four times and then to essentially freestyle it. Coco proceeded to up the song’s raunch factor, which Ice-T approved. They surely are two peas in a pod, aren't they?

The single was essentially made for fun since they’d wanted to work together in the studio. But because it turned out so great (Ice-T's words, not mine) he decided to actually play it during her birthday party, which also aired on last night's show.

Of course, it didn’t stop there - they both agreed to put the song on iTunes where all of Coco's fans (and according to Twitter, she has thousands) could download her first single  "Shoe Freak" for just 99 cents.

And as with every episode of “Ice Loves Coco,” we also saw Ice-T lavish attention on his adoring wife. He visited the trendy fashion boutique Sachika to pick up some dresses for Coco so that she could look her very best on her birthday. He told her he’s "so happy he's not out there dating anymore,” and Coco echoes his sentiment.

I'm starting to believe maybe they should become relationship experts. Think about it:  How many couples in Hollywood stay together for a decade and still dote on each other in year 10 the way they did in year one? What do you think?

1. Pop

JEALOUSY IS A MTHFKER AND NEEDS TO BE A FELONY

June 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. I love CoCo

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4oIzGirxkU&w=640&h=390]

June 28, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  3. charlie crack

@dave- yeah, isn't that funny? When I saw Ice Cube (not "T") at a show he did the same thing and have seen him do it in interviews as well. The whole premise and stereotype that "everyone should be scared" is hilarious.

June 28, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. dave nelson

Plus, if you have ever seen the man in an interview, you know that he is a genuine intellect and has a razor sharp wit. I have seen him pretend to take offense at something an interviewer says, get all puffed up like he is going to beat the daylights out of them, then nearly pass out laughing when they get all nervous, right after he lets them in on the joke. Its hilarious.

June 28, 2011 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. dave nelson

I have always enjoyed his talent, so now i am kinda bummed that i killed my overpriced cable. I think i might actually like this show. I agree that it is good to see a reality show with a couple that genuinely love and care for each other. Yeah, im an ole softee when it comes to matters of the heart. Sue me. Lol

June 28, 2011 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. Patty Biller

really like the show, although I am surprised I do. Just glad they love each other. Kudos!

June 27, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Fernandez

I think he can do better than her though. If he loves her then ok. He is just super cool and could have anyone.

June 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jen

They're cool and funny they remind me of my parents,I love them.

June 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. josh

I like him A LOT. He really is one of my favorite actors. He seems like a super nice honest guy.

June 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. I would always have extra watermellon in case they dropped in unnanounced.

June 27, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kim H

I am so amazed that these two are together. If they lived next to me in my little old neighborhood, I would love them to death. Could you see what a funny Saturday night would be playing cards with these two. LOL

June 27, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. shakeNbake

it's shake n bake, & i helped

June 27, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ali

Big props. I agree with Jenn, this is an overall genuine show. And how lucky are they to make money having fun, and just enjoying each other?

It's good to see happiness, even if it is nerdy. Haters gonna hate though.

June 27, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

It is kind of sad when a loving, hetero couple is considered newsworthy. Shows how far off the tracks our society has gone.

June 27, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jenn

I think they are sweet and its nice to see a show not filled with hate and drama and petty baloney. It's about their life and love and honestly hooray for e for putting something nice on!

June 27, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  16. charlie crack

I listened to Ice-T when I was younger....Seems like good people...CoCo is sweet and innocent, and seems to be a genuine caring person...not hard to look at either (Thong Thursday's babbbbyyy). The dog is great, I have one and he is awesome just turned 1yr 8mon. He's the love of my life next to my girlfriend.

June 27, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Richard

Well, since Law & Order: SVU relegated him and Belzer to side bits only, he might as well do something else, even if it's another vile, low-brow variety show.

June 27, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • jvh007`

You are such a hater LMAO, you so wished you had his life, money and wife. LMAO

June 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. nibbles

Just more garbage for the trucks to haul away.

June 27, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • CH10

10 yrs so they're doing better than most!

June 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • DDKillerBlondie

Jealousy obviously! they are amazing, odd couple, who deeply love and like eachother, you wish you hd that

June 27, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hootie and the Buttfish

I betcha coco pulls up her skirt, takes her big ole ghetto rod and slams Ice T in his PooperNickel all night.

June 28, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Water&Fruit

This is the truth. He is a poor actor with only one facial expression and she is a mindless woman who fits too many stereotypes.

June 28, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |