Lindsay Lohan: I'm being responsible
June 24th, 2011

Lindsay Lohan: I'm being responsible

Regardless of how things may look, Lindsay Lohan says she's serious about turning her troubled situation around.

The 24-year-old – who walked away from a court appearance Thursday without jail timetold TMZ, "I am responsible, and I'm following the rules and obeying my judge and the Los Angeles judicial system."

TMZ adds that Lohan is reportedly blaming her failed test on tea, not the consumption of beer, wine or liquor.

The website refers to "friends" of Lohan’s who claim she’s told them it was kombucha tea. The company producing her beverage of choice says the drink's alcohol content is less than .05 percent.

As she’s told Life & Style and "Extra" in the past, Lohan says she’s still focused on putting in the work to get her career back on track. “I'd like to do what I must to get my film career back and the respect of directors, actors, writers, studio heads, fans and so on,” she told TMZ.

Although Lohan has a long list of legal trouble, she's avoided jail time for any longer than a few days. But according to Judge Stephanie Saunter, this recent incident wasn't a probation violation.

The judge ruled Thursday that it wasn't against Lohan's probation rules to drink and she didn't have to submit to testing, since the requirements for random drug and alcohol testing during her supervised probation expired back in February and weren't renewed. So while the judge found Lohan to be exhibiting "extremely poor judgement," bad decision-making isn't in violation of her probation.

Saunter did lay down one rule for the rest of Lohan's house arrest: "You are not to have parties," she told the star. "I am ordering it. You can have one friend at a time. That is it."

It's expected that Lohan, who turns 25 on July 2, will be released from house arrest in early July.

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan

1. jujubeans

I'd like to make her responsible for seeing that Big Wally is happy (King Richard).

June 30, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lindsay Lohan

I need to be teabagged? Anyone of you wiggers interested?

June 27, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Noan

I would say that I would be terribly embarrassed and feel as if I let my parents down if I behaved the way she does. But then, I remember who her parents are and it makes her behavior totally understandable. Children need boundaries...something that Michael and Dina Lohan never set for any of them...especially not the cash cow od the family. Children also learn by example and look at the mighty fine example they have set. Its no wonder she has so many issues. I actually feel sorry for her.

June 27, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. jer

How can Lindsey Lohan say shes being responsible? I dont even think she knows what the word means. What she needs to do is grow up and take responsibility and be put in jail.

June 27, 2011 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. remy

*yawn* ............all the folks that cared went home months ago

June 27, 2011 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  6. dave nelson

@ the person posing as me: can you at least try to be funny? For the record, i believe her when she says she is being responsible. I also believe in wishing on a star, honest politicians, and that women only marry the donald for his sparkling personality and dashing good looks. Right...

June 27, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. Dave Nelson

I always dream of doo doo and diareah shakes

June 26, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. Hopefully I will dream of doodoo sandwiches and diareah shakes.

June 26, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. fernace

Aahhh, so sad! Over before it began! Oh well, we'll always have CNN! !Hasta!,Ciao,Bon Soir,Auf Wiederzein, GoodNight,& God Natt to you Mr. Ed!!

June 25, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. sick

Enough of this pig

June 25, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mr. Ed

NYC, but i like girls that are hard to get. I enjoy the chase. Anyway i'm spoken for for now. Good night to you madam.

June 25, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. fernace

Proud of your junk, eh, Mr. Ed? Well daayuum, hook an ol' chick up, why don't ya! Where you at, boyfriend?? lol!!

June 25, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dawn01

they got together http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

June 25, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. all that glitters

She reminds me of an older woman...someone said she looks like a chucky doll...lmao they were right. she does !!!

June 25, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mr. Ed

Yea i know 69... u won't be able to breath..lol

June 25, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  16. gah

yeah, it was T. . . as in tequila

June 25, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  17. franklinmiller

On Thursday the Supreme Court ruled against the estate of former Playboy Playmate. http://bit.ly/kkLlLZ

June 25, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jane Doe

parties on her roof, and failing pee tests. I dont see how that is being responsible. hes a burnt out child actor hooked on drugs and alcohol. Poor thing cant even call herself a has been, shes a never was.

June 25, 2011 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  19. jake jones

It will end badly ; (

June 25, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  20. chuck

Scanky has been. Weird trout lips!! Bleach blond-bad die job. Basically done in Hollywood–too risky for execs..

June 25, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  21. charlie crack

Yup...she's responsible for the coke on the table the bag of weed and the bong...it's all hers that d@mn bottle of valium and tequila as well as the ankle monitor is HER responsibility...lol ha haa

June 25, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. dave nelson

Got you again, mr odderator. You rejected the same comment moments ago. I reworded it, and you didnt catch it. Never try to outsmart me. You are not even close to being bright enough

June 25, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  23. dave nelson

The gave her the nickname of a cute little hawaiian cartoon girl, but she acts more like that cartoons extraterrestrial friend, if he was a serious alcoholic, that is.

June 25, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. fernace

@ Mr. Ed, I don't have to be responsible cuz I'm not in trouble with the law! BTW, I'm not a day over 69, which I've heard has some kinda s@$ual connotation! Do you know what it is??lol

June 25, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  25. SKUNK

gorsh that was a long post. did it make your fingers hurt? i try to never type that much.

June 24, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. thinblueline

The DA and the Probation Dept. have continued to try to put Ms. Lohan in jail because that is where she belongs. It is unfotunate that Ms. Lohan is being paid for commercials while in her jail overlooking the ocean. She has two DUI's that has put how many lives in danger? She has had more chances than any normal person would get. If or when she kills someone, I will blame her attorney, her parents and the judges because all of those people continue to enable her bad choices. Don't forget that she is a thief! the only reason that it wasn't a felony is because of value. Notice to all! You can steal from a jewelry store and you don't have to worry about what it sells for, you only need to have an expert explain that its not worth what they are selling it for. Wholesale/Retail? Great attorney again? I hope that when she fails that I am the arresting officer. Yes, me! I have arrested and testified against people that have done less and have gone to prison. Next time have a poppy seed bagel Ms. Lohan before a drug test so that something else is to blame for your positive test.

June 24, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Mr. Ed

@NANCY- want to have a drink w/me?

June 24, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Nancy

And everone wants a good drink everonce in awhile. It calms the nerves.

June 24, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Nancy

She aint all that bad. I dont know why everone is pickin on her and all. She is rich and glamoros and has fancy clothes. I bet she can eat at the DairyQueen every day if she wanted too.

June 24, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Nancy

Yeah. Im not a lezzbo but id probly switch. I herd shes got good money. Maybe enough to pay off our doublewide.

June 24, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  31. jujubeans

It's really a shame she's gay. Lucky for the girls, tho

June 24, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  32. sick

So sick of hearing about her....

June 24, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  33. snookems

yeah! i feel badly for her. poor lil lezzbo.

June 24, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Observer

Thank heavens! This young lady clearly just needs one more chance.

June 24, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. and eat some doodoo

June 24, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jujubeans

Can I come over, Linday?

June 24, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mr. Ed

@fernace – umm this is coming from someone (you) who is like how old, 70? Wasn't it you that wrote last weekend about having drinks and shaking your a$$? lol

June 24, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  38. fernace

This chick don't know from "responsible"! After the court appearance, straight to the liquor store! The judge busted her "tea" excuse, but because she's Lilo, she (the judge) wears "kid gloves" while taking her to task. These mixed messages helps Lilo do the wrong thing. She obviously thinks she's untouchable, & getting away with "murder"! I predict this will continue for years to come!!

June 24, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  39. exec producer

She is horrible to work with. A selfabsorbed selfcentered mean b!tch. We call her Leona Hemsley Jr.

June 24, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Madd Crapper

I would like to see Lindsey crawl across the floor on hands and knees leaving a trails of butt weasels in her wake.

June 27, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  40. Bob

Lindsay, if you're not allowed to have parties in your house, you can always have one in my pants.

June 24, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. The Måd Ræp3r

*Streep

June 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  42. The Måd Ræp3r

“I’d like to do what I must to get my film career back..."
    What film career, her awesome string of flops? Truly she's the next Meryl Strshe and all us peons can do is hope she gets clean and delivers more groundbreaking performances.

June 24, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  43. liddy

i cant stand her. cant believe she has even a single fan. she is a mean buttthole.

June 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • gare

I can't stand her either.....I this were you or me, things would probably be very grim.

June 25, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim in Auburn

So why does she get to cut her home detention short? Sure I can see it if they are doing it for overcrowding in jails, but there is no overcrowding in her home. If she wants to get off early, then she should go to jail. If she wants home detention, she should do the full time.

June 27, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
    • penny

Lindsey so pretty and talented. Sleeping with her would be a delight!

June 27, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  44. Karla

She can be fine just like anyone else. I am glad to hear her say she is trying to be responible. As long as a person is still breathing there is hope for them.

June 24, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |