Tears, shockers and upsets on 'The Voice'
June 23rd, 2011

Tears, shockers and upsets on 'The Voice'

The results show for “The Voice” was only an hour on Wednesday night, but I swear there were more surprises packed into those 60 minutes than all the previous shows combined.

The results show started off with the eight remaining contestants singing George Michael’s “Freedom.” Nakia and Vicci Martinez from Team Cee Lo belted out their lines, and then came Beverly McClellan and Frenchie Davis from Team Christina singing their parts.

Javier Colon and Casey Weston from Team Adam joined in, and soon after Xenia and Dia Frampton of Team Blake did their thing. It was amazing yet weird to see so many different styles singing that one song at the same time. And let me tell you, I had to savor that moment with all the artists because it was the last time we would see all eight semi-finalists on stage and performing together.

Right after the group song the tone of the show changed. It was eliminations time! But first a quick refresher course on how the scoring process works. On Tuesday Carson reminded everyone that each judge had 100 points to split among both of their remaining two artists.

The coach could split it 50-50 or award one contestant a higher percentage than the other. Those scores that the artists received from their coaches would then be added to the scores they received from the public. And, obviously, whoever has the highest totals remains and moves on to the Finals next week.

Now that we have that out of the way, let's start with the shocker of the night which was brought to us courtesy Adam Levine. He made a decision that earned him enemies and friends in one big swoop. Adam was asked to reveal his scores for his team members, Casey Weston and Javier Colon, and guess what he gave? Casey got 35 and Javier had 65!

Immediately the audience gasped. So much so that Adam immediately said: "I know that looks bad Casey but let me explain. I had to play the game a little bit. I had to make sure he advanced to (the finals)."

Adam then went on to say that Casey is only 18-years-old and has her whole life ahead of her and will have many chances. So he said he wasn't worried about her at all. But he felt Javier had been around longer and had many more setbacks and dreams interrupted so to speak. Adam simply didn't want to see that happening to Javier again.

So he did what he had to in order to see Javier make it to the Finals - so much for America choosing a winner, eh? Although I feel this was cheating just a teeny bit, I'll admit I'm happy to see that Javier will have a chance to finally succeed in the music industry.

After that shocker we got tears from Team Christina. Frenchie and Beverly took the stage and held hands as they waited for their fate. But before the results Beverly got emotional as she discussed the friendship she has developed with Frenchie. You could literally see the tears welling up in her eyes.

And then the results: Christina delivered an even split between the two ladies, leaving the decision to the voters. Once Christina's score was added to the votes from viewers, it was 93 to 107 in favor of Beverly! Christina jumped out of her big red leather chair and took the stage and hugged Frenchie. She then turned to Beverly and then looked at the audience and said “this woman is going to bring the house down next week!"

Xenia and Dia on Team Blake and Nakia and Vicci on Team CeeLo were the only two teams left. Let's take Team Cee Lo first. Before Carson Daly could even get to the results, Cee Lo insisted on reading a poem he wrote for his two remaining members. It was a poem that mixed humor with inspiration and deep gratitude. Nice touch right before the eliminations.

Cee Lo ends up giving Vicci 49 points and Nakia 51. Cee Lo explained that he felt the drums in Vicci's performance last night slightly overpowered her performance and it was hard for him to hear it. But then he went on to say that if he could take it back right now he would and award them both 50-50.

Then Vicci and Nakia were given their final totals...and it was Vicci who got 124 while Nakia only got 76. I don't believe anyone was surprised at this outcome since Vicci delivered a flawless rendition of Florence and the Machine's “Dog Days are Over.”

And then there was Team Blake. It was Xenia vs. Dia. I honestly wasn’t sure who would take this one since I considered both to be equal in style and equal in performance. Blake couldn't stomach to put one "child over another" so he opted to split the points straight down the middle and leave it up to the viewers.

Blake hugged both girls and then we learned their fate. It was Xenia with 94 points and Dia Frampton with 106 total, and she’s going to advance to the finals.

And what would “The Voice” be without a great performance? We certainly got that from Cee Lo on Wednesday night singing his latest single "Bright Lights Bigger City."

You know that when Cee Lo takes the stage you get two things: A hell of a performance and you’ll see him and his background dancers in costumes. This time was no different. The audience and especially the three coaches ate it up. They loved Cee Lo's performance so much that they gave him a standing ovation.

Now just two more shows are left, with the four finalists performing on Tuesday and then we learn who has “The Voice” to win it. And although it might be anybody's game to win at this point, Javier and Beverly are considered front runners. But as we all know, anything can happen!

Did anything surprise you on last night's show?

1. Liza

Thanks...
    So pity dia she needs it more. To be dump by warner bros and now losing to javier. Javier?!
    (Ugh)
    Yeap, pity her.
    But, I do like Xenia. She is different. I do like Amy lee. I do like creed. Amy winehouse I'm starting to like – toooo bad she screwed herself Up.

June 30, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jim B

I have to agree with everyone who thinks Adam divided his points honestly and with some spine. I lost a lot of respect to the other judges just 50/50ing it. I think that hurt who they really liked. If Blake liked Xenia as much as he said, back it up, instead of wimping out. And yeah, i was rooting for Xenia also.

June 28, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. grace

Love the show. All great talents. Good luck to all.

June 28, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Liza

*correction:
    coaches should judge

June 26, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Liza

I agree 100%. The coaches sure judge on their performance. If one is better than they other, judge it.
    50/50 is not their job.
    They probably found out their score was going to be known by all so they didn't want to hurt their team member's feeling. If it was in secret, they would probably score it higher for one person.

June 26, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. scottiebie

The professional coaches should not give 50-50 scores. The 50-50 score negate their importance and relevance of professional imput and suggestions to determine the best singer. Why coach them up but can't choose the best one. It opens up the scoring to a popularity contest with the viewing voters and not the best voice.

June 26, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Liza

I agree Christina and Blake should have judged/scored what they felt.
    Ceelo gave a reason. Cool...
    Adam gave a Pithy/insulting speech.
    Pls, my harsh words against him is not that he scored Javier so high. It's what he SAID...
    Don't insult me and in the same breath tell me you're doing me a fair.
    How would you feel if your boss put you down in front of your co-workers and said – "well, Scott was arrested last week, his mother is on drugs, no lights on in his house. So, he needs this extra change to buy food."
    Damn, could you not say that in front of everybody.
    It's not his scoring, it's the jerk's words that killed me.

June 26, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. scottiebie

On the final four night, coaches Christina and Blake disappointed me by giving 50-50 scores and leaving it to the voters, thus making it a popularity contest when adding their votes to chose a winner. I thought that the coaches would be valuable scores that would mean something, but when they score 50-50, they just negated their importance. Way to go coaches Cee Lo and Adam for scoring one over the other, for making a choice.

June 25, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Liza

I agree... I was sooo pulling for Xenia.
    I wanted frenchie, i could see Christina was dying and she wanted her too. Beverly was good too. (Regardless of my little richard jokes against her)
    But at the end of the day – Adam should have said Javier is just better. Sorry Casey – I scored him high because he was better than you on your last performance. I would have respected that.
    But, I can't respect an insult.
    Well... I'm all Voice out.
    Everyone will walk away winners and will get their own deals.

June 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nancy

Just watched that portion of the voice to check out score...Yes, Javier did win the American vote by a landslide..wanted him to get there...but we also know how (from IDOL) that sometimes America believe someone will make it to the next round and they dont get the vote. I commend Adam making sure Javier did get through. Yes, Im one of those who thought Javier was going to win the vote for Adams team and therefore didnt vote for him. When Carson asked Adam why he did what he did, Adam didnt need to go into that long explanation. I personally wanted Xenia to advance but I also know she's so young and still needs to get over her shyness. That was a close vote and so was Frenchie and Beverly. This is going to be tough with Javier, Vicci, Dia, and Bev. All so good in different ways.

June 25, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  11. Liza

Adam gave javier: 65 America gave him:73. Casey: Adam:35 America:27

Adam didn't have to make his "the black man needs it more" speech too Casey.
    As a black female – it was insulting to hear.
    Javier would have won it anyway.
    Screw you Adam, he didn't need your Pithy. All you did was draw away from whatever talent he displayed on the show.
    Overall, I really like the show. Love christina, Blake is good and Ceelo is alright. LOL
    BTW: Christina did warned everyone to watch Adam – she said he would sell a use car to your mother.
    And Wow! Weeks later – Adam screwed his team to go for Pithy and not talent. He screwed Jeff and Casey, and than insulted Javier.

June 25, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Lin

Sorry just have to let you know it's "pity" Meaning to feel sorry for someone.

June 30, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  12. Nancy

Did I miss it in the article or did they intentionally leave out the American Vote for Casey and Javier? I see the difference between Christina, Blake and CeeLo's group but not Adams group.....so what was the total point difference?

June 25, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  13. Liza

Ps:
    You're right- Adam is a AWESOME JERK! just about everyone on the show sings better than him!
    I rather listen to Xenia... And beverly has more of a manly voice than him!
    I would hate to have him as a coach, screw with your own team, tell the whole world he picked him out of pithy! Pithy pick doesn't set well with me. Pls...

June 25, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  14. Liza

Hey, tina
    Double screw you too!!! Adam is a jerk! Would you appreciated him calling you a double time loser and can't make it in this world without him -in front of the entire world?!
    If that's the kind of friends you are looking for, tell me where you live so I can come over and call us some insulting names in front of your friends/family and finish it off by saying – she needs it.
    If Dia was so hot, warner bros wouldn't dropped her tail off their label.
    She sucks more than javier and I think he sucked.
    how low of suck, suck can I go to make my point.
    She barely beat Xenia.

June 25, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  15. Tina

Hey screw you all! Adam Levine is AWESOME first off and Dia Frampton needs to win, that girl has one hellava VOICE

June 25, 2011 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. Liza

I liked the rock guy on blake's team (oh boy, not good for him – if I already forgot his name. LOL)
    love frenchie – wish she would've put more emotions and tears in her song. I can see that crap plays well with the viewers.
    Love Jeff, Casey and yes, call me crazy Xenia. We need Xenia to replace Amy Winehouse. LOL!
    Anyway..
    Predication:
    Javier will win (ugh) ablum will flopm
    Casey and Jeff will go country out sell everybody on the show. Frenchie will be a diva that lost. She'll sing on other ppl albums, chill w/ christina – do movies, etc.
    And beverly will be sued by little Richard. LOL

June 24, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Liza

I don't see aaanything special with Javier. They are over hyping this guy who already flopped with Captol Record. They released 2 albums -why must we suffer with another. LOL
    Beverly hooting like little richer is no big deal to me.
    Dia can fake-act all she wants like some shy unknown. Fact, she signed a deal with warner bros record with her sister. Plus their song was in the TMNT movie. OMG! What the hell... Javier, Dia are already pros who flopped going against newcomers and one little richer wannabe. LOL
    ... Let me see, did I forget to attack anybody. LOL.

June 24, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Booo

If the show were truly about voices, Javier and Beverly would be the top two- but Javier has to pick better songs than the last one. (Not that I don't like the song, it just didn't suit his voice as well as the others he's performed.) I don't get this obsession with Dia and Vicci. Vicci jumps around the stage yelling from the back of her throat. Dia has a sweet voice but she's no power house and her version of "Heartless" was a straight rip off of the Kris Allen version from Idol a couple of years ago.

And again before the hater police show up, I'm not jealous and I'm not a hater. I am a human being fully capable of offering an opinion and the reasonings behind that opinion, as noted above. Thank you and have a nice day.

June 24, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  19. boiledsalman

Honestly, I wanted both girls on Blake's team to go...They can't handle the attention nor perform well...they are just too shy and what is with the flats for Dia, you don't have to wear 4 inchers but come on. Anyway, I would have booted both of them and kept Nakia! He just rocks it. And it does look like Javier may just walk away with it, but frankly I do LOVE Beverly and Vicci...it would be great for Bev to win!!!

June 24, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Ron

When Adam picked Casey over Jeff I wondered WTH he was thinking, now I know, he didn't want to put Jeff up against Javier because he stood a chance of beating him so he picked the weaker singer to ensure Javier would advance. "playing the game" as Adam said, lame if you ask me I hope next season the coaches no longer get to pick or vote once the live rounds start.

June 24, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  21. Liza

*WOW! Adam left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Love the show!!! I don't watch TV much, don't watch reality, or music show – love this show.

But, I don't like adam.
    As a black female, it was truly insulting. I wanna win because you believe I can, keep your damn pithy!

June 24, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  22. Liza

Thank you Adam for making your stupid comments.
    Pithy vote?! He made javier look bad. Even though he felt that way, don't say it openly.
    He had some many let downs. "He needs it" "I gotta push him through" OMG!!!
    Wow!!! How insulating.
    I would have said something – Javier didn't. He just took his pithy points.
    America was going to pick Javier anyway, but – WOW! Adam let a bad taste in my mouth. He's a lousy coach and I would not trust him.
    You don't insult your team. He did.

June 24, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  23. anne jones

Wish the judges would behave as professionally as they want the contestants to. I find Cee Lo and Blake to be a gentleman.(a rare commodity these days). The voting was influenced by too personal feelings and not talent.

June 23, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Terrie

Adam Levine DID NOT cheat and this show IS NOT rigged unlike American Idol.
    Adam Levine is the only one of the coaches YES THEY ARE COACHES NOT JUDGES who had the guts
    to do it like he saw it and not let his emotions rule him.
    Cee Lo, Christina and Blake all wimped out by dividing their votes 50/50, well Cee Lo did his 51/49 but did say
    he would take it back if he could and do 50/50
    The front runners now, from what I've been reading, are Javier and Beverly. IMO, I think the dark horse could
    be Vickie Martinez.
    THE VOICE voting system is not that hard at all to understand. The coaches were given 100 points to divide
    between the two finalist on their respective teams. Then America's call in votes were added to that......If I heard Carson correctly, they even are counting in the ITUNE downloads of the performances as part of America's vote.

I love THE VOICE. It is so much better than American Idol. American Idol IS DEFINITELY RIGGED and is just a popularity contest for a bunch of kids with cell phones. THE VOICE is REAL TALENT!

June 23, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Vic

It's also not cheating to give 35/65, nor were the scoring options "to give 50-50 or award one contestant a higher percentage than the other." It was simply, you have 100 points, divide them as you see fit.

If Blake decided that Xenia had the worst performance but wanted to give her a chance to win anyway, he could have given Xenia 100 points while giving Dia 0. Both the coaches votes and America's votes have EQUAL WEIGHT and one can overturn the other if the difference is great.

Had 66% of Americans voting decided that Casey was better, she would have won. Unfortunately 73% of America agreed with Adam and voted for Javier.

It's not cheating. Both coach and America had equal weight. If you wanted Casey to win, you should have helped her get 39% more votes.

June 23, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. TS

Beverly is the person with the most talent on this show. Go Beverly!!!

June 23, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. charlie crack

I don't watch it but hear it while my girlfriend blasts it and rewinds to show me that Nokia, Pokia dude spittin' all over mic. And i'm sorry yall...frenchie had to go...if I had to hear that voice singing or talking over the judges again....and to think my gf was mad because the president's speech cut her show short...I was so happy this a.m to hear ole big mouth was gone...not like other girl any better though....is christina lookin' for a bodyguard or a singer??? Sorry yall...

June 23, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Babs M

Does anyone know whether the artists make any $ off the iTunes site? Or does The Voice get it all?

June 23, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Concerned123

I think Xenia sounds like Colbie Caillat.

June 23, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boooo

I think she sounds a little like Norah Jones, who is a way better performer and musician. Yes I know she's only like 16. But everyone talks about how 'unique" she is. Yet we've just named two people she reminds us of, so she's not...

June 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lin

I think almost all pop singers Beyonce included sound the same. I really like Dia and Xenia and I think we should have more artists like them for a change. I'm tired of people who think they have a great voice because they sing the scale all the while not really doing anything but scream. I want to hear melody and words with meaning not just a bunch of screaming or scaling.

June 30, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  30. Josie Perez

I cannot believe Cee Lo gave Nakia more points than Vicci...she is by far more talented than any contestant on the Voice. At the end I am so happy to see Vicci go to the finals. This girl has given us her heart, belting out each song perfectly. I am pulling for Vicci all the way...she is THE VOICE. GO VICCI!!!

June 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booo

Vicci sux...I don't get what the big deal is about her. She's sings from her throat. Beverly and Javier are way better singers. I'm so sick of people sitting up acting like Vicci is so great.

And for the "hater police" who may comment, no I'm not jealous and I'm not a hater. I simply do not think Vicci's a great singer and I must be deaf because I don't hear it. Nor does anyone in my household, which is odd considering everyone in my family can at least carry a tune.

June 24, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • kc

I am a really big fan of Nakia and was disappointed that Vicki received more points but hey, that's how America voted. I'll agree with CeeLo on his choice. I see Nakia as this generation's Meatloaf. Rock opera – go Nakia! I hope he has a chance to get a recording contract. All the semi-finalists had talent for sure, but Nakia was my favorite. 50/50 scores by the professional judges just seems a little wimpy. Although in the case of Bev and Frenchie I think it was warranted as both those ladies can really belt out a song. I don't think I could have chosen between the two of them either.

June 27, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  31. Eric

Here's my review of Semi Finals week! Check it out! http://youtu.be/YjWzu__zn48

June 23, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. EF

It's not Adams scoring that was upsetting to me, it was the way it all lead up to that point. I think he wanted Javier to win all along, and put weaker singers with him so he could have an easy out to pick Javier. IMO, i wish Jeff could have one. Javier already had his chance in the spotlight with his hit "crazy" a few years ago. Next year, i would like to see truly undiscovered people. Almost half the people in the top 8 I knew before I've even heard the voice. Damn I wish Xenia won over Dia.

June 23, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  33. a friend

What Adam did was exactly the point of the show and the scoring methodology. From AI experiences we have learned the at times the viewer is tone deaf, and having a way to normalize those scores goes a long way to solving that problem. No way was Casey better than Javier and Adam wasn't going to take any chances that Javier would fall from grace based on the flawless performance of one song. Casey did a great that one time. Javier is a universal constant and has shown that throughout the show.

Xenia was my personal favorite, but I knew this was her last run. She will eventually do very well if she continues on her musical journey.

June 23, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Cindy

I think that all of the 4 finalists have a shot at this but i think that its Dia Frampton and Javier Colon who are considered the front runners. I say this because both reached top five in itunes. Their songs (out of all the other singers) have been the only ones to even reached top 10. Currently Dia Frampton is at #9 in itunes while Javier Colon is #10. (Just as a reminder Dia Frampton's Heartless Cover was on the top 10 songs in itunes for about 3 weeks (thats pretty impressive if you ask me) right now its at #41 while Javier Colon's Angel is at #56. This is pretty good considering that they are the only ones with multiple top 100 (in the show). Beverly's song is currently at #75 on itunes. So in my opinion Dia Frampton and Javier Colon are clearly the 2 front runners.

June 23, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  35. MP

honestly, i felt Adam was the only coach with the guts to give his actual opinion. all the other coaches totally wimped out by splitting their votes 50/50. the music industry is tough and you're not going to get music execs who are all sensitive to your feelings. i definitely respect Adam's decision and agree with him 100 percent. and he didn't cheat at all. Javier would have won regardless of Adam's vote. Basically Adam just agreed with America. Whoever says that the Voice should get rid of Adam as a coach is 100 percent wrong – they need more coaches like him who are willing to make the tough decisions and not let their emotions affect their decisions. Last night, I saw that Adam is the only one who is really taking his coaching position seriously and has his eye on the prize. He's going to do what it takes to win and he knows Javier is his number 1 player. Let's not forget the coaches are also personally invested in the show and want to win as well. And I have to say I agree with Adam's logic on why he chose Javier over Casey – he's been in the music industry for a very long time and knows it well – Javier even said himself that record labels didn't want to meet with him because he was dropped from a label so his opportunities are limited. Where Casey is literally starting from the beginning so her opportunities are vast.

June 23, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Becky

Adam Levine showed that he thinks Javier Colon will be a big flop again. By giving a great point differential to get Javier to the next round he showed he has no faith in Javier appealing to the public. Levine handicapped the numbers and gave Casey a very sad 35 and Javier a 65, and he even admitted he was rigging the show so that Javier Colon could win. Adam Levine showed he thought the American public did not like Javier Colon singing and would not vote for him. By do this he showed no confidence in Javier, and made the voting by the public a waste of time. Why should anybody vote now?

No one will want Adam Levine to be their coach next year. It is clear now he picks a favorite and throws his own singers under the bus to help his chosen one. He picked Casey over Jeff to make it easier for Javier, then he picks a song for Casey that she did not want to do (and we learned on American idol that this song kills a lot of singers hopes), and then doesn’t let her sing it the way she wants to. Adam Levine is a big jerk.

What Adam Levine did was terrible and ruins the whole premise of “The Voice”. I thought what made “The Voice” different was that the coaches would try to help all the singers. Adam Levine went out of his way to sabotage Casey Weston, he did not let her sing the song the way she wanted (which she sounded better singing her way), he gave her faint praise, and he pushed Javier to the public voting by saying he was the best singer ever, then “Levine handicapped the numbers and gave Casey a very sad 35 and Javier a 65” and he even admitted he was rigging the show so that Javier Colon could win. If the voice wants any credibility going forward they have to get rid of Adam Levine as a judge.
    Also there is too many fishy things going on at “The Voice”: the whole voting thing looks very murky, and how much of “The Voice” is lip synching? It is obvious by all the commercials featuring Javier Colon they want him to win.
    I like Javier Colon as a singer, but the way “The Voice” is pushing him will lead many people not to like him. If the show is rigged like Adam Levine alluded to, people will be put off by the show and Javier Colon. It is a shame because I thought Javier Colon could win the show on his own merits without any funny business.

“The Voice” is losing a lot of credibility and that is why the ratings are dropping.

June 23, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Nan

Very disappointed in Adam.. never thought he would put himself that low.. He would have just told that he liked Javier's performance better than Casey without saying Casey is just 18 and Javier was a looser in the past. He insulted both of his team members.

June 23, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimbo84

Adam's a great musician...but not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

June 23, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Lizzie

I don't understand how the "points" system works at all. Then again I missed last night. But what does it meant that an artist got 124 points? Is it based on percentage of total viewer votes or is it divided into teams? Because I find it odd that the "front runners" aren't charting as high as two of Team Blake's people and Vicci from Team Cee Lo has sold than Beverly. Not to mention Dia has more followers on Twitter than Javier. I like the show, I just don't think I understand all the rules. Each week is surprise when it comes to "rules" Carson tells us!

June 23, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  39. dtcpr

Uhm..... did this person WATCH the show? That is not AT all the order that it happened in.... Cee-Lo was First, Christina LAST and what about Maroon 5's performance? There was SO muhc more in that episode...
    anyway

GO BEVERLY GO

June 23, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jen

Definitely a good show! You never know what the judges are going to say, they are quite entertaining!! As for the singers, they are all good and unique. I think the judges and America got it right by putting the final four through. As for Javier, he is awesome!! Voice of an angel. I hope he gets his record deal this time, if not on The Voice hopefully someone will finally realize his full potentional. And I totally understand Adam's thinking and why he split his points the way he did. That was exactly what I was thinking before the scores were announced.

June 23, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  41. Orange Julius

I was hoping that Xtina would have shown more cleave

June 23, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  42. Barbara

I think there were no upsets or shockers in last night's show. The four we all thought were going to be in the finals are in the finals. Which is not to say that they aren't all good – that's why they were expected to be in the finals. But the headline for this article is BS. The only surprise to me was that the coaches, except Adam, all wimped out on doing their job, which was picking who they thought had the better voice.

June 23, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  43. keeb

Does anyone actually watch this show?

June 23, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  44. Heather

Adam never said the show was rigged, he just said that he had to play the game. Javier has had several set backs in his musical career and Adam felt that he was doing the right thing to help him. And he was right in the fact that Casey still has an amazing career ahead of her. Even if he had split the votes 50/50 Javier would have advanced to the finals. And I don't know about anyone else, but when I read a blog about what happened in a live tv show, I'd like it to be chronologically correct. Team Cristina's results were last, they were cut off of my DVR because the President's address went longer than it was supposed to.

June 23, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  45. Soapbox0916

It was a still a combination of the coachs and viewers, Adam just swayed it more toward Javier, but it turned out to not be necessary, and Adam made no difference since viewers voted the same way as Adam, in favor of Javier too.

If you subtract out the judges votes from the total votes, you will notice that America was even more biased in favor of Javier, so Adam really did not matter. Subtract 35 from 62 and you get 27 for Casey from America. Subtract 65 from 138 and you get 73.

That is a 73 to 27 split from America. So America favored Javier by a even a wider margin than Adam.

June 23, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • JJ

I agree with this also. It doesn't take a math whiz to see that Adam's vote didn't affect anything. As for Blake and Christina, well Blake should have Cowboyed-Up and voted 70-30 in favor of Xenia. Dia was a flop on her last performance, while Xenia was steady and all over it. Blake commented that he has a better chance to effect change with Xenia than with anyone else. He should have backed that up.

June 27, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  46. Liz

Cheating? It was a part of the voting process. The coaches were supposed to judge and make half of the decision, the audience making the other half – those were the rules. Just because the others copped out and evenly split their points doesn't make it cheating. Even if you disregard Adam's vote entirely, Javier still received 73% of America's vote which trumps Casey's 27% so America still ultimately chose the winner.

June 23, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Nan

Very disappointed in Adam.. never thought he would himself that. He would have just told that he like Javier's performance better than Casey without saying Casey is just 18 and Javier was a looser in the past. He insulted both of his team members.

June 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Becky

June 23, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Jose

"he pushed Javier to the public voting by saying he was the best singer ever"

Because Americans are so stupid they can't make their own decisions? That's the lamest excuse I've heard. Adam did what was asked and split his 100 points however he chose. It's no different than Blake and Christina giving their 50/50.

June 23, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Becky. it's not cheating at all, he gave more points to the one he thought should move on, that is the point of the points, Otherwise why let the coach have any input at all? Also the fans only gave her 30 somewhat points as well so He was moving forward regardless. As for your comment about not letting her sing the way she wanted, he is the coach, His advice was to sing as herself rather then trying to be Whitney houston. Pretty sound advice if you ask me. Anyways, they are all going to end up with record deals regardless.

June 23, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • etta sandwich

Whats with the fat chick standing there eating chili cheese fritos?

June 23, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • BRIAN

you could not be more wrong . The best part of this show is that actual people who know music get a chance to vote instead of on Idol where it is all who is cuter , who fans perceive is better. Javier was clearly superior to Casey ,so why should he not get a bigger percentage of the vote. If all judges vote 50/50 then we have no need for them and just let America pick i.e. Idol. This was why the show was great . It was different

June 23, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Carmen

i felt adam was the only one who took his vote responsiblity SERIOUSLY. come on, casey is going to beat javier? he scored fairly. all three other judges were wusses. what point is there in even having judge's scores if they're going to vote 50/50 and make them a wash? honestly the judge's scores clearly don't even matter, so they need to figure out a way to do this so they do matter.

adam should have just flat out said "javier is gonna win this @#$# for me. Sorry Casey."

June 23, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

What the hell are you talking about? They gave him a 100 points to DISBURSE however he felt and he FELT as though Javier was "head and shoulders" above Casey. Point blank. He knew how that popularity stuff goes with people voting for Beverly over the better voice in Frenchie and Vicci over the better voice in Nakia...so he wanted to make sure he had helped his best player get to the final challenge. Christina didn't come to "play the game" she wimped out because had she been THINKING, she would've realized that a "Colon vs Frenchie" matchup would've given her a shot to win but a "Colon vs Beverly" is a slam dunk in favor of Colon, with Vicci as the outside contender.

I want this show to be CREDIBLE. And the only way to do that is vote for the best SINGER. It is called THE VOICE. If not, then why the hell did they premise the auditions with the friggin judges' backs being turned????? They need to turn those chairs BACK around and get back to what this show is supposed to be about. THE VOICE. And out of THOSE four, is COLON. PERIOD.

June 23, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • elle

If anything, I thought Adam was TOO nice to Casey by picking her over Jeff. It should've been Jeff vs. Javier. Adam did the most exciting thing of the night by making his vote count.

June 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marty

No the ratings are dropping because you cannot develop a relationship with the contestants. They eliminate people in too large of groups all at once. It would of been nice if starting at the final 8 they let one or 2 go a week. They need to get rid of the battle round, which was just dumb.

June 23, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimbo84

even if Adam's points were taken away – America voted overwhelmingly for Javiar...lets' face it – his vocal range and ability far outshined Casey.

June 23, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adam

Wow, they aren't picking Americas winner... The show states 50 50 split. The only judge I commend is Adam, the others were spineless. Plus Javier was way more than 65 35, America only gave Casey 27 out of 100. There were 4 clear winners... This isn't American idol the judges have a say as they should.

June 23, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Creepy

I like Casey W. but Javier is the better singer by a 1000 miles. His song from last week was trending on Twitter. I'm pretty sure, either Javier and or Vicki is gonna win this thing.

June 24, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • JJ

I totally agree with Marty above (reason for low ratings) THE "BATTLE-ROUND" WAS RIDICULOUS!!! How can you possibly know who is singing better if they are singing or even lip syncing at the same time? Eliminate one at a time and let us get to know the contestants a bit more. Let's hear their voices more than we were given, and who knows my favolrite Xenia might have won as she should have. Heck, even AGT (America's Got Talent) gives us more than that.

June 27, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Paula

Xenia was the best of all the singers. Xenia will be the next Norah Jones!

August 29, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |