Lindsay Lohan stands up Matt Lauer
June 23rd, 2011

Lindsay Lohan stands up Matt Lauer

Lindsay Lohan’s been open about what life is like under house arrest – giving an interview to Life & Style, filming commercials – but when Matt Lauer from “Today” showed up at her Venice Beach, California, home, Lohan clammed up.

The New York Post reports that Lauer flew to Los Angeles on Tuesday to interview the 24-year-old actress, who is now due back in court because she failed an alcohol test again.

According to the Post, once Lauer arrived at her home, Lohan wouldn’t come down out of her bedroom. An unnamed source told the paper, "They had been talking about it for a long time. But she refused to come down at the last minute. Matt was sitting in the chair on the first floor, waiting to do the interview with his crew all set up."

Although the Post cites an anonymous source claiming Lohan was to be paid for the interview, a rep for “Today” denies that there was any “licensing or payment agreement of any kind.” The “Today” spokesperson explains that "When [Lauer] arrived, she had a change of heart and wasn't prepared to talk for more than 15 minutes, as she had agreed, so the interview was canceled."

Lohan’s rep concurs, noting that he was the one to pull her out of it. "No money was involved, and I was the one who called [the interview] off."

Lauer did address the situation this morning on “Today,” telling viewers after a segment about Lohan’s impending return to court, “Some of you may have heard that I was with Lindsay on Tuesday afternoon at her home in Los Angeles. We were supposed to sit down for an interview to talk about her current situation and her plans for the future.”

At the last minute, Lauer continued, “Lindsay and her people did express concerns about the timing of the interview and it was canceled. I think we're learning more this morning about the reasons for their concern."

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan

1. Robbin Goal

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the favor”.I'm trying to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!! Robbin Goal http://www.robinhoodchina.info

January 31, 2013 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. Nicholas

hey there and thank you on your info ? I have definitely picked up anything new from proper here. I did alternatively experience some technical issues the usage of this web site, since I experienced to reload the website lots of instances prior to I may just get it to load properly. I have been thinking about in case your web host is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading cases times will very frequently have an effect on your placement in google and could harm your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm including this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot extra of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you replace this once more very soon..

October 29, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jltechno a/c service station

This is very fascinating, You are an excessively skilled blogger. I've joined your rss feed and sit up for in quest of more of your great post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

July 31, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Majidz Balthasars

Within YouTube video embed code you can also give parameters matching to your wish like width, height or even border colors.

July 12, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. suebrue

out of everything going on in this world, why would Matt Lauer fly across country to interview LIndsay Lohan. c'mon matt, seriously.

July 20, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Barbara

She should join her dad on Celebrity Rehab. Talk about a screwed up family.

July 16, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tcucker

She is disgusting and deserves any bad press. Worthless human being. Just a waste of space.

July 14, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Oodoodanoo

I'd like to see Lohan stand anything up, given that she'd probably struggle to stand up herself.

July 3, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. deadmanwalking47

sounds like all she did was refuse to talk to the man after agreeing to! this kid needs jail and court forced rehab,or she is gonna either die of an overdose or end up hooking for 10 bucks a trick!

July 1, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  10. GTO

It is time for the California justice system to stop flaking out and throw this girl in jail for a few years. Be done with it already.

July 1, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. Adam

People should just leave her alone & worry about their own problems which everyone has. To slander someone because they have a problem is pathetic because 100% of people writing on this have issues. She seems like a fine person who likes to drink (which as an adult she has every right to do) & since people follow her like a flea on a dog it seems like shes a bad person. Have someone follow you for 5 years and tell me there wont be one instance anywhere where you dont slip up. Exactally. Leave the poor girl alone, stop the media from being mental head cases about her and let the poor girl just live like a human not like some side show at the zoo.

June 28, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tim

This train wreck lost its appeal years ago.

June 26, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. viranka

if she does not go to jail this time !! the JUDGE should go to jail.....

June 26, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Annlove

This is 4 km i dont have a problem with no race its all about respect u give it u get and if u dont i will take it

June 25, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Annlove

Thats 4 km change your heart hater i dont have a problem its about resect u give it u get it an if u dont i will take

June 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Annlove

No it aint black that are racist its other race evey time a black make a comment someone has 2 dis grade whether u lke it or not we here 2 stay it aint just about rich if your black u want get the first chance but remeber this we have much money now as any other race have legal money an its nothinG yall haters can do

June 25, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Conky2012

Did you really just imply that only black people are not racist? There, that is a racist statement, and you just helped remind us all that the general population is stupid. There are racist people of every race,religion, whatever. When someone like you makes a statement such as "Black people are not racist, it's every other race" you make black people look stupid to everyone else. It is very true. Don't be a spokesperson for a race unless you are a decent person k thanks.

June 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ranch Girl

This precious child craves attention. Know Jesus and be free of your Demons. Think of how many young girls you could help and save if you turn your life around. I am praying for you.

June 25, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  18. skarrlette

Why don't news organizations stop acting like total Jcka**es and start writing and doing real stories and let the entertainment industry just be about released records, and movies and stop the stupidity with talking about these people's lives?? This country has been dumbed down with reality shows, and this endless gossip and garbage about celebrities. Stop writing about it you look like unprofessional idiots its embarressing!

June 25, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  19. William Shelton

... and this is important because?

June 24, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  20. darrel

Why is this no talent, also ran on looks, female still in the news. Come on people she's a bad joke. Let her alone to drink and drug her life away and shame on any producer that hires her.

June 24, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. David

Her plans for the future involve two bottles, one with a cork and one with a child proof lid.

June 24, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  22. Ralph in Orange Park, FL

Today should have better things to do than keep a fading celebrity on life support.

June 24, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  23. RJM

Lohan is a "has been" and the media needs to stop addressing her stupidity as it is only glorifying her ability to avoid some serious jail time. Personally, she needs more jail time, a good swift kick in the butt and to NOT be in the news anymore. Once people stop caring, which I am sure most have by now, then maybe she will just crawl back into the hole she came out of and disappear.

June 24, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  24. JoeCamel

He flew across to country to interview this dolt? Please tell me America isn't screwed up.

June 24, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  25. Erik

Quit reporting on her. She's a mess and boring.

June 24, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  26. BUTTHURT

DEVARA- I THINK SHE WOULD HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT SUBSTANCES

June 24, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  27. Devara

She's a self-destructive, pathetic train wreck. Why anyone would WANT to interview her is beyond me. What of substance could she possibly have to say?

June 24, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  28. Bill

Who ever wrote this article needs to do a little research and get their facts straight. She did not fail an alcohol test because the court order requiring her to not use alcohol had expired. She is free to drink as much as she wants.

June 24, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  29. Geoff

I'm sure she will be available after her 20 minute stay in jail.

June 24, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  30. MikeAlpha

John above says "I'm a doctor". I always get concerned when someone introduces themself by first stating "im a doctor". At least John acknowledges that view Alcoholism is widely held in the medical community, and particularly in the area of Psychiatry. In fact alcoholism is recognized as a disease and is in the DSM of psychatric diseases as is drug addiction. Certainly the medical and science evidence is supportive of physiologic changes, including neuroplastic changes in brain reward circuitry, that is consistent with biologic underpinnings of dependency. So in there is not only clinical evidence but also mechanistic evidence to support alcholism as a disease. So, John, "as a doctor", I find it highly unethical to not recognize alcholism as a disease and in violation of the oath you took.....Primum Non Nocere! Obviously this Lohan needs intervention, and in this case it is serious enough for legal intervention.

June 24, 2011 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Conky

Sorry Mike. But anyone with an actual knowledge of Medicine and Psychology would know that Alcoholism being a "disease" is very iffy. It doesn't meet any of the qualifications to actually be a "disease" but it is labeled so anyway. I used to do alot of drugs when I was younger, and during my trips in and out of rehab I was told that I had a disease and no matter what I did I would always need to work on a program to help remind myself not to do drugs. Years later I became an adult and realized all I have to do is not do drugs. It is not a disease, it is a joke of a weakness. Sorry, firsthand experienced meth "addict" here saying, drug and alcohol addiction is more of a brainwashing technique then a disease.

June 26, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. kate

She resembles an albino trout with spots. All you guys that like her and her big udders, I say, Eeeew! I find her extremely disgusting. Why does she blow up her lips like that? It is NOT a good look....I'm just sayin', I just don't get the attraction.

Her taste in women sucks too.

June 24, 2011 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  32. ldstep

I can't believe NBC is wasting Matt Lauer's time and journalistic skills interviewing this train wreck. I know Matt must have better things to do. But this type of crap is what the NEWS is all about now.

June 24, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  33. KM

I just want to boink her !!

June 24, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  34. Paul Johnston, PhD Economics

Aren't you all sick and tired of this little retarded girl?

June 24, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  35. matthew poston

I heard that the real reason she wouldn't come down to see Matt was that she was holed up with ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER. She certainly knows how to make the most out of house arrest!!!

June 23, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Dr. Cream

Matt Lauer is a parasite. And Lilo is a far better person than most of the mongoloids posting here, myself included. A nation of back-biting hypocrites, consumed by sloth, avarice and envy. Burn, sinners.

June 23, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Sunshine Girl *

Oh and to all the ignorant people who think alcoholism/drug addiction is a choice and not a disease please educate yourself. Do you think people really want to be like that? Dont speak about things you really know nothing about. And until your walk a mile in their shoes...you should just shut up. Better to be quiet and let people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

June 23, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Sunshine Girl *

To a celebrity bad publicity is still publicity. Some stars will do anything to keep their name in the lime light. Her being a junkie/alcoholic isnt anything new. So that cant be the reason she cancelled. Matt Lauer is a noted journalist and I think she made a big mistake blowing him off. But then again the girl never did have any sense about her. Shes already a washed up has been. Shes gonna eventually screw herself out of Hollywood for good if she doesnt straighten up soon.

June 23, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Kasey

I would say she owes NBC Lauer's and the crew's airfare and expenses, since she scheduled and then back out.

June 23, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  40. andy

alcoholism a disease?

what a crock.

June 23, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Patty Biller

no class, but what did we expect???

June 23, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  42. nora

If I was the judge I would handle her a bottle of the cheapest wine available. I would send her down to skid row – because that is where she belongs. Down there they don't care who you are/were – you are a drunk. Nothing more, nothing less.

June 23, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  43. NM

I think she needs more botox in her lips, they are plump enough.

June 23, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Steve

go away you no talent bimbo

June 23, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Joseph

When is this going to end? Why do people in this country care what she does or does not do. She is going to have to kill someone to finally end up in prison where she belongs. The Today Show has gone down hill for years and this is the best that Matt Lauer has to do with his time and NBC money and for ratings, interview this piece of trash. Wonder if Matt thought about an interview with her Dad since he is always wanted to be interviewed.

June 23, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  46. SpellBee

You don't want to be on Lauer's bad side!!!!!!!

June 23, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. john thomas

My;My; whats next get drunk,go out kill someone .Money can cure the rich,but the poor are examples.get it.

June 23, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

I so agree with you sir. The More Richer you are, the more the law favors you.

June 24, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  48. bill krebs

Alcoholism is a disease.....but I still hope she gets it in the brown!!!!

June 23, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Stag Hornplenty

Probably too drunk and drugged up to come down.

June 23, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Blogson

How ghastly – another bread-and-circuses sensationalist "news" opportunity down the drain!

June 23, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  51. charlie crack

@LMAO- that "burn up...die" sh!t isn't funny. Get a life, an education. Even the minute chance you might pick up a book on morals??? Dumb a$$!

June 23, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Greg V

Good for her...Matt is an Idiot anyway

June 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  53. chuck

She is so screwed up-drinking and using and in full blown active addiction. Broke-no money. A HAS BEEN.

June 23, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Billy

I am so tired of hearing about her and her problems! If any of the rest of us violated probation, we'd be thrown in jail, with the key being thrown away! The judge needs to stop giving this spoiled peroxide blond special treatment, and sentence her to a year in jail, in solitary confinement.

June 23, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Mike

She's under house arrest for ciminal offences. So, why is she allowed to give interviews, film commercials or make any revenue during this period. Isn't house arrest a punishment? What we are seeing makes a mockery of the justice system.

June 23, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  56. erich2112x

Matt should jump on that.

June 23, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Marilyn

Time for her to find another career and get permanently lost! PLEASE!! Enough of this screw-up!

June 23, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  58. KellyM

To all of those out there that say that alcoholism is a weakness, and not a disease – here is what I copied and pasted DIRECTLY FROM THE CDC's website: "Dependency on alcohol, also known as alcohol addiction and alcoholism, is a chronic disease." End of story. And for those of you that stand in judgement of those of us with the disease – walk a mile in my shoes – then condemn me. Do not speak of that which you do not know....

June 23, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  59. W

Damn, I want to know what its like to be a millionaire on house arrest. I can only imagine how much it must suck. ; )

June 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  60. cherrios

It's amazing what these brats do. They know they will be kept out of jail. Over and over again, she took advantage. What a sad, sad story. If it was a black girl who did just that? Huh!!! She will be hauled to jail so fast, you wont even get to see her shadows.

JUST HAUL HER TO JAIL... or have her work in a farm, from 8-5 pm and sweat it out and see what she thinks. House arrest is waaaaay too easy!! TOO EASY!!!

June 23, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

cherrios... leave it to a black person to start a racist comment.. you black people need to get a life and stop this racist crap.. "if it was a black girl" *rolling eyes*. the only racist people that i've seen so far are the blacks... blacks think that they should be exampt of law written by a white person.

June 24, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  61. Simplyme85

Just another example of a star with excess..... she should be taught a lesson....

I'm tired of this bs news spend some time reading things worth readin :)

james-patterson-booklist.com

June 23, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Avid Dead Pool Player

i shoud swap her out for billy grahamn on my dead pool list

June 23, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  63. hingedlwnb

All right, I could handle her mockery of our jursiprudence system, but standing up Lauer?!? That's going too far!!!

June 23, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Phil

Ms. Lohan doesn't need house arrest, jail, monitoring, etc. Just send her to volunteer at a refugee camp. Haiti, Turkey, among the Karen people exiled in Thailand, etc. It's called grounding, like they used to do back in the 'good old days".

June 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • cherrios

I agree!! Or work in a farm in CA. House arrest is way too easy. Ship her out to Iraq or Afghanistan and do community work there. That should teach her something and appreciate what she has. People like her makes me puke with disgust.

June 23, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Ræp3r

She'd somehow score a bag and get pi$$ drunk in the refugee camp. I do agree with Cherrios about shipping her to iraq or the stan though.

June 23, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Koop

@PaulMATL – from the CDC website (FAQs portion):
    "Dependency on alcohol, also known as alcohol addiction and alcoholism, is a chronic disease. The signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence include—
    •A strong craving for alcohol.
    •Continued use despite repeated physical, psychological, or interpersonal problems.
    •The inability to limit drinking.

June 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Mina

Let her drink herself to death under house arrest. She's just a waste of money at this point.

June 23, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  67. The_Mick

Considering her new problems, cancelling the interview was probably mandatory since even a nice guy like Matt Lauer was sure to ask questions which, if answered, could have caused Lohan more complications to her legal problems. Wow, though: her level of idiocy takes your breath away!

June 23, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  68. brick

If she doesnt fix herself she is gonna be DOA soon! I pray that does not happen.

June 23, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  69. YouAgain

READ the article, it was set up before this particular problem....

June 23, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  70. ItsMeAgain

Sounds more like that creep Lauer just wanted to capitalized on her new troubles.

June 23, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  71. kayla

When is this girl going to spend some serious time in jail????? Nobody else would be let off as much as she has been.

June 23, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Alan

She needs a ticket for the Palin bus, aka The Losers Express.

June 23, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  73. suzy diamond

,,,,,,,BECAUSE....she KNEW he would have asked her if she was clean of drugs and drinking and SHE KNEW it would be a lie BECAUSE she ALREADY had the results that showed she drank and she KNEW the story was going to press! When is the JUDGE going to get serious and send her to jail WITH a HEFTY sentence????? WHY IS EVERYONE STILL PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS WOMAN??

June 23, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  74. pop

she got away with it again. if you got money, party on. the expensive
    lawyers will take care of everything.

June 23, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Lindsey

Anyone else sick and tired of the press following these young, drug/alcohol obsessed starlets? What is REAL fame these days but just glorifying these so-called celebrities with too much money and zero talent.

June 23, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Lorin

I think if Lindsay keeps going at the rate that she is going, she will kill herself at a very young age. It's so sad...

June 23, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Rebecca

She will end up on celebrity rehab in 5 yrs if she lives that long. No Talent has been at what 24yrs old? The entire family is white trash go back to your double wide!

June 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  78. RM

Don't mess with Matt

June 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jodey

Lohan's only 24? She looks ten years older, easily. Poor thing. I hope she comes to her sense before it's too late.

June 23, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  80. palintwit

When she's done with this gig, she can go door to door with Bristol Palin selling and demonstrating battery operated adult toys. Maybe even film a 3-way with Bristol and Sarah.

June 23, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Bodeen

Just let her drink herself to death and we can be done with it.

June 23, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Trollolo

What is up with her permanent duckface? Did she have plastic surgery that went wrong? She didn't have that back in the day when she used to be hot.

June 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Meh

Why is Lindsay Lohan still being referred to as an actress instead of a "has-been?"

June 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  84. mrsims

I'm actually pleased she cancelled. Lauer is glib and an opinionated bully, at times, when he interviews. I don't care for him.

June 23, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  85. mike

suicide is painless lindsey. do us all a favor and succeed, will ya?

June 23, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  86. phoenix

lohan is evil persona, her only cure an exorcism

June 23, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Kenny

This girl is a walking train wreck. She couldn't go straight if her life depended on it. OOOOoooopppsss, it does depend on it. She needs to go on and make her funeral arrangements now.

June 23, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Jam

She acts like the world revolves around her.

June 23, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Chuck

Why would he want to interview her? She's just a weirdo who wants attention. The media should ignore her.

June 23, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  90. lombardobob

She certainly seems to be a mess.

Still there are two great reasons to like her though :-)

June 23, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  91. woody

I've got Lindsay in the 2011 death pool at work. You go girl!!

June 23, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  92. PH

flat broke with trout lips....and a junkie, too.

June 23, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Martin

She was probably drunk, or high, or both.

Wouldn't come down from her bedroom? She's acting like an 8 year old.

June 23, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  94. citizenUSA

It's not wise to pi$$ off Lauer.

June 23, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Jookie Monroe

She's going to make the obituaries soon if she doesn't get her life in order

June 23, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Mrmailman

So he flew to Los Angeles to interview a celeb has been, heroin addict who will likely never be heard of again and left a giant carbon foot print doing so? I guess why are destined to destroy ourselves over stupidity. Just Saying.

June 23, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  97. LEE LEE

I kind of think that is one of the reasons she is so interesting.

June 23, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Mrmailman

So he flew to Los Angeles to interview a celeb has been heroin who will likely never be hear of again and left a giant carbon foot print doing so? I guess why are destined to destroy ourselves over stupidity. Just Saying.

June 23, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  99. LEE LEE

NOTE: To all the guys that think she is so hot, she doesnt swing your way. She openly admits to being a lesbian. She only has girlfriends. Nothing wrong with that at all. Its just a fact.

June 23, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Bruce

Can't the media just leave her alone and we'd all appreciate it. She's not worth the print ink and TV time. In other words....black ball her as done to celebrities years ago who were or thought to be Communists.

June 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  101. NoWay

She has always been a real jerk.

June 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Dr. Phil

Lindsay makes my dress slacks stand up

June 23, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  103. LMAO

SHE SHOULD GET DRUNK WITH A FRIEND DRIVE AND THEN LOOSE CONTROL AND BURN UP IN FLAMES!! NOW THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS!!!!! HAHAHA!! WAIT..I HEARD THIS BEFORE....

June 23, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan S

Your mother must be so proud of you.

June 23, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andy

It's always the posts in all capitals that I regret wasting my time reading. You're a moron.

June 23, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • LMAO

YOUR TROLLING THESE POSTS AND CALL MEEE A MORON!!!! GET A F@#$KING LIFE!! HAHAHAHAAAA!!

June 25, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  104. table

WIsh they would post an update here about how the court hearing is going. EIther way i guess well find out this afternoon. LILO just seems like such a meanie. Everything she does portrays her as a mean person.

June 23, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  105. b0bc4t

She had probably just received the news about the failed test, and was unsure if it had leaked out yet, and if Lauer knew ....... better to be ambushed in her bedroom, where she has her best weapons at hand. If it wasn't for that pesky monitor, all Mr Lauer would have seen was tail lights and and her favorite hand gesture, painted fingernails say it all!

June 23, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Babalooey

She's a no-class tramp.
    She would be perfect for "The Casey Anthony Story".

June 23, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Timme62

Matt would have had more luck if he had shown up with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a line of coke.

June 23, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Lucy

She has no class at all. Hollywood is full of big booby pretty women that would love to be on the Today show. She just keeps shooting herself in the foot.

June 23, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  109. table

Almost time for the hearing. Bet they will let her off again. . . . .

June 23, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  110. elliot

I hope she has those fancy FU fingernails again. And keep pretending to scratch her nose while making an obscene gesture at the judge like she did in a previous court hearing.

June 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  111. JR

Give her a break...... She just wanted to spend a little more time in her big soft beautiful bed before she heads to Lock Up tonight. Those beds at county jail are hard as a rock.

June 23, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  112. elliot

She is supposed to be in court at 10am pacific, 1pm eastern time. Its almost time. I wonder if she will show up?

June 23, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  113. hawaii bob

aloha Not making excuses 4 Miss LOHAN but as a recovering alcoholic i KNOW how incidious this disease is. All u can do is pick yerself up & try again. mahalo aloha hb

June 23, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • PaulMATL

Not a disease. Weakness.

June 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca

Sorry Bob but CancerLupus,MS is a disease Alcoholism is a choice no if's and's or but's about it. Stop with the excuses for your own actions.

June 23, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zebula

Ignorant people do not understand that alcoholism is a disease.

June 23, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

I agree with the others. Alcoholism is NOT a disease, labeling it as such attempts to fool people into thinking it's something that is beyond your control and a way to get some sympathy. You CHOOSE to pick up a drink. NO ONE chooses to have cancer, etc. One is an avoidable bad habit/addiction, the other is an unforeseen tragedy.

June 23, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rosalyn

Paul and Rebecca...it's pretty much agreed upon by medical professionals (and clearly neither of you ignorant louts have been to med school) that alcoholism is a disease. Please get yourselves educated.

June 23, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan S

As a recovering drug addict, I can tell you that substance abuse is certainly a disease. Even after the physical withdrawal symptoms are gone, the addict's brain chemistry is forever changed. For those of us who are genetically predisposed to substance abuse and addiction, it is a struggle every day of our lives to stay sober. It's not something you can really understand if you haven't experienced it yourself.

June 23, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • PaulMATL

I will have to search online to see what the Center for Disease Control here in Atlanta has to say about alcoholism.

June 23, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heidi

The co-morbity rate of anxiety, major depression and bipolar disorder is very high among addicts. Alcohol and drug abuse are often a way of self medicating. A lot more research is needed. The disease can be arrested but not with out extensive help. People do have to cooperate in the treatment.

June 23, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • dee

trying to stay sober?? she tested positive again.
      Disease, right, keep walking past that bar, poof you're cured.

June 23, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • PaulMATL you are wrong

Alcholoism as definied by the American Medical Association

The Definition of AlcoholismRobert M. Morse, MD; Daniel K. Flavin, MD
      [+] Author Affiliations

the Joint Committee of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and the American Society of Addiction Medicine to Study the Definition and Criteria for the Diagnosis of Alcoholism
      AbstractTo establish a more precise use of the term alcoholism, a 23-member multidisciplinary committee of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and the American Society of Addiction Medicine conducted a 2-year study of the definition of alcoholism in the light of current concepts. The goals of the committee were to create by consensus a revised definition that is (1) scientifically valid, (2) clinically useful, and (3) understandable by the general public. Therefore, the committee agreed to define alcoholism as a primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. The disease is often progressive and fatal. It is characterized by impaired control over drinking, preoccupation with the drug alcohol, use of alcohol despite adverse consequences, and distortions in thinking, most notably denial. Each of these symptoms may be continuous or periodic.

June 23, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wrong Again

From the CDC

Dependency on alcohol, also known as alcohol addiction and alcoholism4, is a chronic disease. The signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence include—

A strong craving for alcohol.
      The inability to limit drinking.

June 23, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Benjamin

As the spouse of a recovering alcoholic, I can honestly tell you there is no cure for alcoholism. Its is a continuous day to day struggle. There are great days, good days, hard days, and days where you have to start over. I can't even begin to describe the experiences I've endured, but I know that I wouldn't have been able to if I didn't love her so much. Those of you who don't believe it is a disease clearly has no experience with it, and you really need to get a book and read before addressing the issue. You'd think there would be far less ignorant people on the internet, considering all the free information it can provide...

June 23, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark

Paul and Rebecca: educate yourselves or shut up. Spewing your juvenile ignorance is what prevents people from getting help and dying unnecessarily. Stop it before you kill somebody with your ignorant judgements on a topic you obviously know nothing about.!

June 23, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wife

I am married to a recovering addict. It was not his choice to become an addict. He made bad decision, but the addiction is a disease. To say it is merely weakness is ignorant and harmful thinking. That's like saying diabetes is a choice (well, he over ate, got fat and it's his choice to have diabetes). I'm sorry not all can be perfect... I'm sure you have your issues too...

June 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

I'm a doctor, but I have a few problems with calling alcholism a disease. Here are the relevant facts. First, some people do have a greater genetic predisposition to becoming addicted to alcohol and after years of drinking experience both altered brain structure and severe withdrawal symptoms when avoiding alcohol–there's no disagreement on these matters. Having said that, it is not universally accepted by the medical community that alcoholism is a disease, and some feel that applying the "disease" label may make alcoholics feel like controlling their addiction is out of their hands. It certainly shouldn't be interpreted in this way, as there are plenty of diseases in which patients are instructed to limit their intake of certain foods to keep their illness under control. My own feeling is that alcoholism does not follow the typical model of what we think a disease is and perhaps it is potentially confusing or even harmful to label it as such. To be fair, this is not the majority opinion within the medical community.

June 23, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • adam 4x4

Alcoholism is indeed a disease. Just because poor choices may have contributed to the disease like smoking leads to cancer, over eating to heart disese, or poor eating habits lead to diabetes does not make it less so. Once a person is addicted their brain is permanently rewired and they are on a slippery slope for life, hence the term relapse. Those of you who don't understand are so fortunate especially considering your ignorance.

June 24, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  114. elm

She should do a Hustler Spread.

June 23, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buck

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

June 23, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Poshie

I would buy that , do a centerfold as well))

June 23, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • jack

No way in HELL will i want to see that>

June 23, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

Perhaps when she's in her mid to late 30's and 40's - then I might be interested...but I just don't find women who appear to be under 35 attractive. Hence why I've been married to someone 17 years older than me for the past 16 years.

June 23, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • matthew poston

yeah, and the centerfold should be "scratch and sniff".

June 23, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • adam 4x4

Good idea. She wouldn't even have to say anything.

June 24, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  115. ?

I hope the Today show charges her for airfare, time etc...Biotch!

June 23, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • 4x4 adam

The article does not say the interview was scheduled. It says Lauer went there because she was in trouble again. They had prviously left an interview up in the air so-to-speak. In other words Lauer was mudraking and showed up unannounced. If the news media showed up at my house trying to exploit me by trying to make me look bad I wouldn't have anything to say, either.

June 24, 2011 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  116. Flex

Not a good sign. As if they weren't already, her actions seem to be even more erratic. Her state of mind cannot be good. This could be another downward spiral.

June 23, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Juan

Hope that spiral is long, painful and the "down" is permanent! Stop giving this piece of human trash attention.

June 23, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • tjc360

Hey Juan (and most of the other loser Fuc!s in this thread) get a F-n life! Really, you have nothing better to do then wish ill-will on someone you only know from reading stories from trashy vampire sucking news outlets? Most of you people are f-n pathetic!

July 11, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  117. omer

Gosh she sure is a mess. Seems she will do anything to get attention and more publicity. Maybe she will go to jail this time but i seriously doubt it.

June 23, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

ya, it's the only way she can get attention and be in the news................who the H3ll would pay good money to watch a movie she would be in.....................the acting cred.......went bye bye a long time ago

June 23, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh

"Seems she will do anything to get attention and more publicity"

then why did she TURN DOWN the interview? seems like she wants to be left alone...

June 23, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • steet smart

Actually if you read the article a little closer it appears Lohan didnt want any publicity

June 23, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • ThaGerm

"actually if you read a little closer it appears she didn't want any credit"
      What? She agreed to an interview ya dolt! Sounds like she didn't want the kind of publicity an interview on Today after an all-night-bender would bring. She is JUST FINE with publicity I assure you.

June 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • muydogged

Lindsey needs Chris Crocker (the Britney Spears cryer). Where is he! Save Lindsey now! Everyone leave her alone!

June 23, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • realist

shes 24yrs old.. in hollywood.. and has money.. im pretty sure anyone in that position would party... who doesnt party when they are 24yrs old..

June 23, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • ck1721

No one likes or watches Matt Lauer, so by refusing the interview, she got publicity on CNN and several other news sites. Much better publicity as people love a scandal/trainwreck like her. The people on here who like to bash on Lindsey Lohan and say how they won't support her, are the same people who say they hate Sarah Palin but they just can't seem to stay away from the Palin articles and make sure to let everyone on the comment section know how they won't pay attention to her, not should anyone else. How's that workin' out for ya?

June 23, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • playjojo

If she didn't want publicity, she shouldn't have agreed to the interview in the first place. If she wanted to cancel, she should have before he flew all that way for it. I can understand cold feet, but that's just rude, childish, and she new what controversy it would cause.

June 23, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

Looks like scheduling the high profile interview and then chickening out, was brilliant, as it gave her plenty of publicity without having to be actually interviewed.

June 24, 2011 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Louise

Can we PLEASE stop talking about this LOSER!!!!!!!! She used to be someone – now she's just another addict.

June 24, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Creed

Sounds like she is back in the nose candy if she wouldn't come out of her bedroom.

June 29, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  118. jujubeans

he wanted to interview her in her PJs

June 23, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |