'Glee's' Cory Monteith: I'm not Finn
June 23rd, 2011

'Glee's' Cory Monteith: I'm not Finn

Cory Monteith wants to make it clear to fans that he has not led the life of  "Finn Hudson," the character he portrays on the hit show "Glee."

"I’m lucky on so many counts—I’m lucky to be alive," the actor told Parade magazine.

In the recent interview, Monteith reflected on his troubled childhood which included the divorce of his parents when he was 7-years-old, skipping school and drug use by the age of 13.

“I burned a lot of bridges,” he said.  “I was out of control.”

The actor said he used pot as well as “anything and everything, as much as possible.” After stealing a significant amount of money from a relative, Monteith said he was given an ultimatum – get clean or end up in jail.

“I was done fighting myself,” Monteith recalled of that pivotal moment in his life. “I finally said, ‘I’m gonna start looking at my life and figure out why I’m doing this.’”

Click here for more of the interview in which Monteith discusses how he turned his life around.

1. Yahaira Yochum

Thanks for your publication. One other thing is the fact that individual American states have their own personal laws in which affect homeowners, which makes it quite hard for the our lawmakers to come up with a fresh set of guidelines concerning foreclosures on homeowners. The problem is that every state has own guidelines which may have interaction in an unfavorable manner in terms of foreclosure procedures.

August 8, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Boo Fix

I need my boo fix..where is he

July 14, 2013 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  3. alumette

Young , handsome and talented but with demons in his background. Some cannot be shaken off, even after rehab. We need to give more credit to the ones who have survived addictions.

July 14, 2013 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sebastian Van Goober

Ya know when you have your weiner thru that glory hole? Well Cory Monteith is the one on the other side.

June 24, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Channing Tatum

I will teach this fool about behind the dumpster knob polishing.

June 24, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. dope smoker

I wanna smoke his joint.

June 24, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lance Bass

I think it's hot

June 24, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joe, San Diego

Mmmk, Cory Monteith a drug user, high school drop out and a thief just given a makeover(his acting and singing aren't grade A) impressive?
    Keep it hidden for as long as you can... Robert Downey Jr/Charlie Sheen/Lindsay Lohan/Jewel... they too hid their wild delinquent behaviour but now earn millions, impressive so GLAAD they come across as very down to earth and genuinely nice people now too...

June 24, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sean

After reading this, all I can say is "Wow!" I knew Cory had dropped out of high school and was involved in some criminal activity, but I didn't know to what extent. The stealing, the drug use, etc. is very surprising. I'm so happy he got his act together. I've seen/read interviews with him and he is nothing like his Glee character, Finn. He comes across as a very down to earth and genuinely nice guy.

June 23, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Snarky

Nkay

June 23, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Panty Wearing Fairy

I hope his turning to the gay lifestyle has calmed his angst. He is so cute and such a pretty boy. Maybe in time he will whip out his ramrod for us...

June 24, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |