Joss Stone doing fine after alleged murder plot
June 22nd, 2011

Joss Stone doing fine after alleged murder plot

Brit singer Joss Stone was reportedly at the center of a kidnapping ploy a week ago, but the 24-year-old now says that she’s doing a-ok.

Last week, British paper The Sun reported that two men carrying swords, rope and a body bag were arrested outside of Stone’s home under suspicion of being connected to an alleged kidnapping and murder plot.

The songstress said in a statement last Wednesday that she was “absolutely fine and getting on with life as normal while the police continue with their inquiries,” and added to PopEater in an interview on Tuesday that she's unfazed.

“They didn’t manage it so it’s all good,” Stone said. “I’m fine.”

The singer’s next album, "LP1," arrives July 26.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. JB

I was reading the comments but maybe I should pay attention more. What does Saudi Arabian have to do with Joss Stone specifically? I happy she's "fine" but that would've freaked me out unless it is just a publicity stunt.

June 23, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Phil Atiao

Talented? OMFG – She is absolutly Dreadfull! To even compare her to Janis is an insult.I herd J.S. sing one day and thougt a poor cat was being put through a meat grinder.No shoes? No panties.

June 23, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Since 2001 famous singers have been lining up to sing with her and she's sold millions of albums. And you call her terrible? You are welcome to your opinion, but she is a highly talented and well respected singer. I can't wait to hear her album in July and the SuperHeavy album in the fall.

June 26, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. charlie crack

@mad- hope you enjoyed your night. Get your song done, hopefully work won't be too bad. @Mr. Ed- you let them know where too stick that saudi sh!t. (and I had to download the song from beginning of mob wives..gets me goin...."mmmm hm drita, how you doin?")

June 23, 2011 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mr. Ed

Notice how the azz-holes that commented on the saudi jack- azz -es- have nothing to say bc they know they fu(ked up with they stupid azz sh! t . I was hoping that a certain kitty would purr on me tonight but I'm guessing she is playing hard to get...lol

June 23, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  5. musiclover

For those of you asking "who is she"....she is an anazingly talented singer along the lines of Janis Joplin..she usually sings barefoot and is a very cool chic. However she lives in England and cares more about MUSIC than being a pop star or doing interviews, which is why you've never heard of her. Peace :)

June 22, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mr. Ed

Lol..sound like a lazy night w you..laughing azz off ... lets make it LAO instead of lmao.. now some azz- hole is going to get credit for LAO . I think chaRlie is down for the count bc he r -ubbed one o-ut while watching a mob wives.

June 22, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Måd Ræp3r

Doing good mr ed, watching hackers for the millionth time, editing a song, wishing I didn't have to go to work tommorow. Hope everyones having a good night.

June 22, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mr. Ed

Damn they didn't post my comment. Vixen might have snapped my neck anyway but I think I might have enjoyed it though. She is such a frisky kitty..lol. Yo Charlie Crack and Mad, how are things?

June 22, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. emme

i like hamburgers and cola. a lot. wish i was having that fr dinner tonight instead of healthy stuff.

June 22, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. charlie crack

Yup @BV....zzzzzzzzz......even when they type those stupid comments we know they're loopy....lol

June 22, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Beautiful Vixen

I think "Idiots" is the one that's a hillbillie and living off of cola, burgers and whatever else he/she listed. Dumb a$$ doesn't even know where England is. He/she is the one that's sleeping..lol

June 22, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mr name

What is this article about again?

June 22, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |

Butthole

June 22, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. chris

I want to touch her

June 22, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. charlie crack

Like they said dummy....England! Ahem, ahem!

June 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  19. charlie crack

@idiots....too many of US or uhhh USA....either way you will lose....100% truth. We can boot you to Arabia if you want a vacation though.....God Bless America! Chumps.

June 22, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. The Måd Ræp3r

@Idiots, Yup, the nefarious US media are covering for the saudis. Oh wait...

June 22, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Mr. Ed

@Idiots – have you ever thought that not everyone saw this on the news and did not get all the information that you got? From what I read, this happened in England and not the middle east, so, for you to call ppl hillbillies because they did not get all the information that you got, you need to get off your high horse and stop thinking you are better than anyone else on here. I don't see anywhere on here explaining who these guys are or where they are from.

June 22, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Milkman

I'd Tea Bag her!!

June 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. never heard of her

Ummm...who is she, and why should we care? They must have had the wrong house....hot girl though....she should do p0rn!!

June 22, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mastermind

This sweet looking girl they wanted to do such a thing to. That's just plain sick.

June 22, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  25. rob patterson

I love usa but its true about news coverage just check bbc news to hear what our govt doesnt want us to hear.

June 22, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. yolanda

It really is a scary world we live in now that celebrities and entertainers can't perform without fear of someone trying to harm u or even worst, trying to kill u. I wish her well and much proctection!

June 22, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  27. hey now!

England = gun control = swords for stupid criminals that can't find a gun. Saudi Arabia = oil for the US= public beheadings and no civil rights just fine by gearhead redneck America. Glad miss Stone is OK and not living in Saudi Arabia...she'd probably get her feet lopped off for singing barefooted and carrying a tune.

June 22, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  28. justsayn

Well said 'Idiots'........... 4 years!

June 22, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Shannon

I'd protect her, pull her close in and keep her company and distracted.

June 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. tris

Who cares

June 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • @tris

Joss Stone for one. Her family and fans care too. Geez you're dumb!

June 22, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ tris

Instead of a cliched, stupid comment, how about you write something else more insightful? Go play on your Nintendo DS in traffic.

June 22, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. kingdavid8

Were they planning to put "the sword in the Stone" if no one paid?

June 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  32. jem

LOL : )

June 22, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  33. another hater

Yeah, sounds like a bunch of cr ap to me....she needs to stop taking drugs...sounds like a good movie though...

June 22, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  34. charlie crack

Maybe they were just on the hunt for "precious" stones. She is hot.....

June 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jem

I think i read somewhere they didnt even have a car. That the kidnappers walked there. Maybe she was the closest celebrity living near them. Almost like something Beavis and Butthead would do.

June 22, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

They were from Manchester, about 200 miles from her home in Devon, and were caught while driving a little red Fiat. Handguns are fairly hard to come by in England, even if you are from a city once known as Gunchester. I wonder if they were Somali immigrants?

June 28, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Beautiful Vixen

@Charlie Crack, lol..that would be next, a want to be Robin Hood running around in his tights, his funny hat and bow and arrows.

June 22, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Stephen

Good thing she is ok because this sounds real crazy.

June 22, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  38. charlie crack

@beautiful vixen, @mitch- that's great! Yeah, watch out for my sword, i'm trying to conceal it dangit! My bow and arrow is in my pocket so let's get em'. Lol. Wish yall a good one!

June 22, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  39. Idiots

The Saudi Arabian government beheaded an Indonesian maid for killing her Saudi boss after years of abuse. Indonesia responded by banning its citizens from working as maids in Saudi Arabia. This story isn't being reported in American media (I read it on BBC) because the Media/Government cabal doesn't want to offend our "friend" Saudi Arabia by informing U.S. citizens of untidy facts. Facts like the 9/11 hijackers all came from Saudi Arabia after being indoctrinated in Wahhabi philosophy. Saudi Arabia - a country where people still get beheaded on accusations of "witchcraft"

Go back to sleep you hillbillies...eat your hamburgers, sip your cola and keep thinking about Britney Spears and other important topics your culture commands you to pay attention to.,

June 22, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

I can plainly see that you love the peen

June 22, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • stymie

Thank you. I have been saying this for years. Saudi Arabia is our enemy, and we bow to them. Thank you.

June 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

So you are blaming us for what our government is doing? Hey, let's bomb the citizens of Saudi Arabia because their government condones beheading!

June 22, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr name

The Saudi people get the government they deserve. I have no sympathy for them, we should not acknowledge the government or the people of that wasteland. They are trash, as is every aspect of their animal culture.

June 22, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Klaark

We all knew that, as it was reported by American media, you pathetic dolt. Also, Spears was the talk of pop culture a decade or so ago, so try to catch up. PATHETIC.

June 22, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Beautiful Vixen

@mitch, my thoughts exactly..lol. I think they watched too many Lord Of The Ring movies. We are going to plan a kidnap and murder, bring out the swords. Nobody will ever notice those. Dumb a$$e$ deserved getting caught.

June 22, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  41. Flex

It was probably a messed up fan. Sometimes the price for being famous is really scary.

June 22, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  42. Boof

I can think of alot of other people in entertainment to knock off before Joss Stone. I mean, I don't really care for her music but she seems harmless enough and she's cute.

June 22, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  43. sirmixalot

maybe they where going to watch glee & show her how they swallow each others swords

June 22, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  44. god

joss who?

June 22, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • CNN Moderator (@ god)

We apologize for not posting more Justin Bieber articles for your viewing pleasure.

June 22, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  45. jem

I bet they were gay ninjas. Ones that watch GLEE.

June 22, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  46. Scorpio

Were they ninjas? This sounds like a publicity ploy for her new lame dvd.

June 22, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • John

"Were they ninjas? This sounds like a publicity ploy for her new lame dvd."

They are facing life in prison for the charge of 'conspiracy to commit grevious bodily harm.'

Have you heard her new album? No, it isn't out yet. Sheesh, what a clown you are.

June 26, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  47. harvey

They say gays use blades. Maybe they were gay kidnappers.

June 22, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  48. mitch

swords? who in the world has a sword these days?

June 22, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |