'Mob Wives' star: My dad doesn't love the show
June 20th, 2011

'Mob Wives' star: My dad doesn't love the show

With all of the trash talking, fights and cuss outs, Vh1's "Mob Wives" has turned out to be pretty entertaining for its fans.

But not everybody loves it.

Cast mate Renee Graziano says her father, alleged mobster Anthony Graziano, is not a fan.

"I’ve actually had a great response from everyone, my family and friends, with the exception of my father, everyone has been very, very happy for my success," she said during a recent conference call. "They love the show."

Not surprising given the fact that Graziano's bio on the show's website cites the federal government as marking her currently incarcerated father "a high ranking member of La Cosa Nostra."

The reality series follows the lives of Graziano and her pals, who are connected to organized crime via family ties (co-star Karen Gravano is the daughter of Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, the infamous underboss for the late John Gotti).

Graziano has been shown having some on-screen dust ups with Gravano and their friends, Drita D'avanzo and Carla Facciolo. Those tensions have carried over to the Internet where Graziano has engaged in some bitter rhetoric with cast mates via Twitter.

She said some of their Twitter beef was a result of her watching the show, which included a major blow out fight at a dinner party she hosted.

"I did feel some sort of way after watching episodes six and seven, which had to do with me and Carla and Drita," Graziano said. "I was very angry."

Graziano, who admits she is not one to mince words, said she wishes viewers would have gotten to see the softer side of her this season.

"I wish they would have edited out some of the crying, though that’s all real," she said.  "No, actually, I wish they would have added more like the bits and pieces that make me so, I’m not as rough and I’m definitely not a tough girl. "

And while her dad may have wised she would have stuck with omerta, the code that prohibits divulging information, another family member has been super supportive, Graziano said.

Renee's sister, Jennifer Graziano is creator and executive producer of the show, and Renee said the pair work well together.

"She is the brains, and then I’m the creative goofball," Renee Graziano said. "I’ve always been that way."

« Previous entry
  1. les

I agree with mostly everyone about this show. I don't think this type of lyfestyle should be glorified, innocent people and families were affected by their lose and these women get a tv show for the world to see how they are so affected by their men and fathers being locked up! Seriously this is bull!!! Besides all that they get on tv and fight like that's the way to represent themself I'm sure their town is very embarrassed because I'm embarrassed for them. Please ladies conduct yourselves better, and crime dosent pay find new men to put in your lives!!

July 27, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Shelby

Love the show! The crying is ok, makes me feel normal, I can relate. I got a tough outer shell but am soft and gooey inside!

July 6, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. jackson

who the hell cares?

June 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JR

Somebody's "Got to Go".

June 21, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. charlie crack

Haaaaa....lmao...I don't care who ya are people that's funny @mr ed!!!

June 21, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. the punisher

more cr@p. what's new?

June 21, 2011 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mr. Ed

@Charlie I think you have a k!n.ky side if you like rough girls. I like rough and touch girls also. Funny, they can p!ss you off and turn you on at the same time. It's like your blood is boiling and you thing just gets a mind of it's own and takes control of all senses. Sometimes I pick a fight with my girl just to p!ss her off so i can have w!ld an!mal s- ex with her after..lmao. I guess that's bad of me but when I shoot you would think I was spray painting the wall..lol.

June 21, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. charlie crack

@mr ed...what's funny is we are about to watch it on dvr from this week now....we've got popcorn, wana watch w/ us...?...lol....ewww drita sup' girl...ha ha

June 20, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. charlie crack

@mad, i'd think mob no no for sure, you're right. Enjoy your cold one, i'll get one out to enjoy w/ you. You always crack me up. @mr ed...lol...haa haaa...leave me alone, so the drita one has a tough side that turns me on, boxer and all, accent...whew!....Haaa....love ya mr ed!

June 20, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mr. Ed

Correct Mad Rap3r. @Charlie Crack please make an appt to see your eye doctor, those chicks are ugly..lol

June 20, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. The Måd Ræp3r

@charlie, Doing great drinking some beer since I've got tomorrow off, just chopped together an edit of this Paul van Dyk song, battling some kind of beetle invasion one shoe at a time. Regarding the show i'm surprised they haven't been whacked yet, i'd think the whole thing would be a big mafia no-no. Maybe the mob sees it like PR or something.

June 20, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. charlie crack

@fernace....good point, good point. Nobody's saying you are wrong.

June 20, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. charlie crack

Here here @mad....whats up bud? Hope you're good. That's true. My gf watches it, a couple of them are pretty. But, like stated who wants this glorified? If I was the father and my daughter sold out for t.v. I'd be p!ssed too.

June 20, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. fernace

Well Mad, Jennifer Graziano, the mob boss's daughter, & stars sister put this particular sh!t on. Maybe we shouldnt argue, eh, could be bad for ones health! On another note, I can understand why a Mob Boss would want to keep his little princess safe from the "dangers" of Hollywood!!

June 20, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. The Måd Ræp3r

Man our society is really circling the drain with stuff like this. Why are these people glorified and given their own show? Where did all the money so these yahoos can live like this come from? Oh yeah, extortion, murder, prost¡tuition, and drug dealing. Who puts this sh¡t on tv!?!

June 20, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Paulie Walnuts

Hey, whatsa matta you eh? Stickin the family bidness all over the tv!

June 20, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |