Cheryl Cole breaks her silence on 'X Factor'
June 20th, 2011

Cheryl Cole breaks her silence on 'X Factor'

After weeks of silence, Cheryl Cole is speaking out about being let go from "X Factor" and thanking her fans for standing by her.

"I have had the weirdest past few weeks (nothing unusual there though). I wouldn't even know how to begin to tell you all about it," the former Girls Aloud singer writes on her website. "What I do know for certain is that I have the BEST, most unbelievable people out there, who I feel so lucky to call my support system."

The British beauty, who was reportedly dropped as a judge from the U.S. edition of "X Factor" because her English accent was too thick for American audiences, adds that she is overwhelmed by the outpouring of love.

"You never fail to amaze me. I have been reading your letters and opening my prezzies (I feel very spoilt) and hearing all of your kind, special and inspiring things you want to say to me," says the star, who also will not appear on the U.K. edition of the singing competition. "I feel your presence and strength always, and no matter what decision I make or what it is I'm facing, I appreciate you all more than you'll ever know."

Cole goes on to assure her fans that she is staying strong. "It also breaks my heart a little when I hear that some of you worry about me and need to know that I am OK," she writes, "so I want to PROMISE you that I am absolutely fine and more than OK!"

In fact, the pop star has been enjoying her break from the small screen.

"I have had the time that I have not had in so long to just chill with my loved ones and do the normal things that I like to do: see my friends and family and be with my doggys," she says. "It feels long overdue and sooooo good, even my feet are happy to not have to wear a pair of high heels."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • television • X Factor

1. Come On

whos Cheryl Cole?
    & Why is cnn talking about her?

Theres really no need to talk about someone like her. You know the type. The ones who cry and sulk in the corner when they dont get their own way. Kinda like a 1 year old.

In other news. Former Girls Aloud member Nadine Coyle is releasing a new track in a tomorrow (or the next day) which should be avail. to by in the States.
    Something Tweedy still has yet to accomplish

June 20, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ronald McDonald

Sounds like you need a Happy Meal, emo. Or would you rather resort to the WAHmburger and French CRIES?

June 21, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • 808fan

Whoa, sounds like someone did a little research with the Girls Aloud, Nadine Coyle (AND her new track), AND her maiden name.

Looks like someone's getting a little hypocritical there.

June 23, 2011 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. England Forever

I'm not really a Cheryl Cole fan, in my opionion, she has as much talent, as the rest of the worlds so called celebs – NONE! Most celebs, film stars or stars are a complete waste of space.
    However, what the hell is all this about regional British accents, At least we speak English (proper English!) I can't understand most of the american accents on telly, but that's OK is it?

June 20, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • norman

Hi England Forever. I lived in the UK for three plus years as a US Serviceman. I lived in the West End of Glasgow and experienced great and loving people. No matter how hard I tried, I could not understand East End Glasgow accent. Americans are exposed to some British accents and learn some of them. The odds of the average American understanding a thick Glasgow East End or profound Gordie accent are remote because Americans are only exposed to certain accents. If Cheryl comes to America with a good game plan and can communicate with the North American population, great things will happen and the Geordie Nation will be proud.

June 20, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. norman

Now its for ABC to make the move. Dancing With The Stars could be the real deal for Cheryl and America. Nicole excited America on DWTS and Cheryl could too. I wonder if ABC is start enough to see this?

June 20, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Burt Reynolds

Free mustache ride!

June 20, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. fernace

Well, that clears it all up then...Not!! Inquiring minds want to know why she was cut, & why the bogus excuse! That "accent" thing might work(barely) in the US., but not in the UK.! We are still left to speculate that there was a serious falling out with the powers that be (Cowell), or 1 of the other judges (Abdul). Anyway, I'm sure she'll rally & go on with her career! Onward Cheryl, head held high!!

June 20, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. shanna

I heard she might play with doodoo. That bully dave nelson also might possibly play with it also.

June 20, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • D. Sanchez

Kid, just get to the point, we know you're talking about me. "Playing with doodoo" is the infantile way of saying it... you know what's really going on, so just say it. Say my name loud and proud!

June 20, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ben Roethlisberger

I met her once in a bathroom...

June 20, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Brett Favre

Hope she got my text also.

June 20, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CherylColeFanUSA

I Love her..My favorite Brit...Team Chezza

June 20, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

I like her too. I sent her a text the other day... hope she got it!

June 20, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |