Summer TV is in full swing as some of the final new dramas, including TNT's "Falling Skies" and ABC's "The Hot Zone," premiere this week.
But if you're looking for something lighter with fewer aliens and not as much blood, set time aside for the 38th Daytime Emmy Awards - hosted by comedian Wayne Brady - filming live from Las Vegas.
Here's what else you shouldn't miss this week:
• Tune in Sunday for the 38th Daytime Emmy Awards on CBS with host Wayne Brady at 8 p.m. Check out our post on the canceled soap operas that still made it as nominees or view the full list at EmmyOnline.org.
• TNT’s highly anticipated drama “Falling Skies will make its two-hour debut at 9 p.m. The show stars Noah Wyle in the alien-invasion show with executive producer Steven Spielberg, who’s had his fair share of experience in the genre.
• If sci-fi isn’t your thing, melodrama is just starting to heat up in the kitchen as season seven of “Food Network Star” gets underway. Catch the remaining 12 contestants competing at 9 p.m. on the Food Network.
• “Drop Dead Diva” is back! The show returns for its third season at 9 p.m. with Paul Abdul as the premiere’s guest star.
• Calling all alternative music fans, indie rocker Justin Vernon will release “Bon Iver, Bon Iver,” only his second album since his 2008 debut (“For Emma, Forever Ago”).
• Everyone's heard the summer theme "Party Rock Anthem," but pick up LMFAO's full album, "Sorry for Party Rocking" to hear something that hasn't been played on the radio yet. (Although according to a reviewer at EW.com, there's not much to love about the new jams.)
• ABC, synonymous with medical dramas, launches “The Hot Zone” about doctors at a military hospital on the network at 10 p.m.
• Speaking of daytime TV, soap opera “Days of Our Lives” will introduce a character for the show’s first gay storyline. Freddie Smith from “90210” told EW.com that he’s excited to take on the role.
• Opening on Friday is Pixar’s sequel “Cars 2.” If the “Toy Story” triology is any indicator of the studio’s ability, “Cars 2” might be even better than the original.
• Cameron Diaz is back in “Bad Teacher,” with Justin Timberlake and Jason Segel.
• A critic at EW.com says he sees “A Better Life” as an Academy-Award contender already. The Summit Entertainment film focuses on a single dad who’s worried about his son becoming involved in the Los Angeles gang community.
Enough with the doodoo jokes, it's tired & worn out! Only funny to kindergarteners! Here's an idea, if you got nothing to say step away from the keyboard! Looking forward to soap stars "cleaning up" at the Emmy's & can't wait to see the "Camstin" movie. Both of them have a wicked sense of humor, let's see how it translates on the big screen!!
Does anybody out there know if Cameron Diaz is of any Hispanic (latin) heritage? due to da fact that her last name DIAZ is hispanic?
Gee moron, why don't you google her? idiot!
Oh s__t! It's Wayne Brady son!
Falling Skies was so boring. I fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
wayne brady is mean. he got dave chapelle in truble. i saw it on tv.
HIIIIII DDEEE HOOO Kyle. Meet my brother Wayne Brady.
That black guy about to say..."I wont 2 b say happy faduh dayz 2 my faduh butz I dun no which prison he b stain."
Get a real life and some help!
Seems how ABC is canceling All My Children & One Life To Live, I hope they win lots of awards at the Emmy's.( just to prove one last point!) Good day all! :)
I like to eat my own doookie.
Wasnt he the middle Brady?
I'd eat his buttsquirts any ole time.
I love wayne brady thats my choclate superman!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,777 other followers