This year's top 20 on "So You Think You Can Dance" are a highly-talented bunch, no doubt about it. Definitely one of the better groups we've seen.
But by luck of the draw (literally), we didn't get to see too many of them go outside of their own styles on Wednesday night's first real performance show. I suppose if this is going to happen, it's best that it happen early on.
Let's take a look at how each couple did, shall we?
– Melanie and Marko's "statue" routine from Travis Wall will be hard for him, or any other choreographer to top this season. Sheer perfection. They both have a shot at the final three now. When Mary Murphy cries (and by the way, she is back with a vengeance!), it's always a good sign. Nigel Lythgoe might be overstating it by saying Melanie is the best girl ever, but she's definitely great.
– Robert and Miranda's jive was a lot of fun. For that matter, so was Ashley and Chris' hip-hop routine. Here were two rare examples on this episode of dancers going outside of their styles (though Chris was in his style – and I fear he may get lost in the shuffle with the other hip-hop guys, specifically "Woo Man" Robert).
– Jess nailed Tyce Diorio's Broadway routine, as if there was ever any doubt. His partner Clarice was competent, but she got overshadowed by him. Jess is still my favorite but, Clarice's performance could send them packing. Nigel will surely save him in that event.
– Ryan and Ricky's hip-hop routine: This is not the style for either one of these dancers, but wow! Ryan is extraordinary in this style.
– Iveta got her own style, kinda sorta, with a Jason Gilkeson quick-step. She could do this blindfolded. Nick didn't quite keep up.
– Missy and Wadi's "Pandora's box" routine was better than I expected it to be. Lots of potential here, but not my favorite. Like judge Megan Mullally pointed out, it was "insann."
– Caitlynn danced with last season's Robert, in place of Mitchell, and pulled off a Sonya Tayeh routine effortlessly. Again, there's potential here, but it's hard to say if she can go the distance.
– Sasha and Alexander's Travis Wall routine was okay, but, as Nigel pointed out, Alexander needs to give us more emotion. There was no chemistry here, so overall, it was a disappointment - especially considering the choreographer.
– Jordan and Tadd had chemistry out the wazoo, on the other hand, but their Sean Cheesman African jazz routine did nothing for me. Jordan is still a force to be reckoned with, and Tadd is my second favorite of the hip-hop guys.
So, something of a mixed bag here, but I'm still very impressed with this group.
What did you think, and who do you think is going home (I predict Clarice and Mitchell – or maybe Alexander)? Looking forward to the Lady Gaga video tonight? Post your iReport or comment below.
Dame 2012 Nike Free Trainer, Billige Kvinder Dame 2012 Nike Free Trainer Salg, Great Price, Kampe Rabat, gode anmeldelser, hoj kvalitet, sikker levering, intet salg Skat og betaling med kreditkort.
Nike Sko http://www.vnikefree.com/
I only watch the auditions and the season ending ! I kant spend my entire life on my couch watching these shows!
Ikr I have watched plenty of these "shows" to only find out the winners are the worst of the bunch! I have spent most of freakin life on a couch! Gosh I feel horrible!
I am important. I post on every blog so people can see that what i say is important. I have a huge fat azz that's makes it hard for me to get to buy clothes. please send me money so i can get lipo to remove all the fat that's on my ugly body. im a mess and i hate myself
Ummm, joel. I think u have so u think u can dance mixed up with dancing with the stars. That's ok, we all have brain farts once in a while!
That big hippopotamus kirstey alley ruined the show for me. My mom said I couldnt watch iy anymore after doodoo fell out of kirsties butt while dancing. I thought it was funny but my mom said NO MORE and turned the channel.
bradly, honey, this is a dance show. If you were watching their mouths, no wonder you were bored, you probably couldn't see too much since they were moving around a lot.
SYTYCD is my all time favorite show, and I love every minute (although the volume control comes out when Miss Mary comes on), but even with that, you can tell the dancers LOVE it when she starts putting them on the hot tamale train. The show concentrates on the talent and (for the most part) constructive criticism of the contestants. They usually try to be fair (see Mia Michaels for exceptions) & truly supportive of the dancers. Lastly, Cat Deeley is the best host on TV & should be nominated for an emmy!
I HATE THIS SHOW! Mary Murphy should be banned from TV. I was FORCED to watch last night, first off, the voices were out of sync with the mouth movements...... BAD, Nigel Lithgow must not have paid his bills.... secondly, the dancers were AWFUL. I mean just boring.... I was happy to find Family Guy on another channel....
Can tell neither of these, Snarky or Cora Lds, have any class or artistic ability. Funny part, is they probably think they can dance and have talent. Probably are in-denial gay finger pointers.
Man... do they have to go out of their way to wear the gayest possible outfits on this show?
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,741 other followers