'Pretty Little Liars': New season, new secrets
June 15th, 2011

'Pretty Little Liars': New season, new secrets

And we’re back.

After what felt like the longest hiatus in teen drama history, “Pretty Little Liars” returned to the tube on Tuesday.

Despite being one episode into season 2, it seems we’re no closer to finding out who A is than we were when the series premiered last summer. It’s frustrating, really.

I mean, how much longer can “Pretty Little Liars” hold our attention without revealing the creepy force behind A’s cryptic text messages and e-mails?!

But for now, the second season premiere picked up right where the show left us in March.

After witnessing Ian plummet to his supposed death - only for his body to then vanish from the church’s bell tower - Spencer and the girls are confronted by their concerned parents, and rightfully so.

It’s decided the girls will see a therapist about the unhealthy way they’re coping with Alison’s death. (If their parents only knew...)

Home from the hospital, Melissa is healthy and safe. But, with no word from Ian, she becomes furious when Spencer tells her the father of her unborn child is actually dead.

Meanwhile, Lucas dropped Caleb off in Rosewood so he could tell Hanna how he really feels about her. (Looks like they weren’t involved in the accident with Spencer and Melissa in last season’s finale like some commenters hypothesized.)

And it’s a good thing because Lucas would have totaled his SUV for nothing. Hanna decided not to forgive Caleb for using her, and sent him on his way. She did, however, confront Mona (while she was at dinner with Noel… When did that happen?) about throwing away Caleb’s letter.

At school, Fitz apologized to Aria for not telling her about his former fiancée, but she wasn’t having it. My, how the tables have turned. I got down on Aria last season for being too needy and, dare I say, obsessed with Fitz. Independent Aria is so much cooler. (I don’t care how good he looks with his shirt off.)

Finally, the girls feel safe enough to tell their therapist about A. That is, until they spot Fitz’s diploma chilling on one of the shelves in her office. At least we’ve solved the mystery of what A took from Fitz’s pad.

In a very “Liars”-esque scene, Spencer is standing alone in her kitchen late at night when she hears a noise. After locking all the windows, yet somehow forgetting the back door, she grabs a knife and stands guard. Jokes! It’s just Toby. (Why must you do that to me, ABC Family?)

But after he leaves, the real you-know-what hits the fan.

Spencer finds a text from a blocked number on Melissa’s phone, which she promptly reads: “I’m sorry I can’t tell you. It’s not safe yet.”

She sends the girls an SOS and, just like that, they’re all together – despite their parents ordering them to spend some time apart.

To try and figure out if it’s really Ian on the other end of the text message, Spencer asks what he and Melissa are planning to name their baby. He correctly answers “Taylor,” but I’m not convinced yet.

In true “Liars” fashion, the episode ended with someone, presumably A, sporting a pair of black gloves, and posing as a prospective home-buyer at Emily’s house. Creepily looking through Em's room, A erases the contents of her laptop.

Dear Emily, if you’re going to leave your laptop in plain sight while allowing strangers to walk through your home, you deserve whatever happens to your hard drive.

What did you think of last night’s episode? Is Ian alive and on the run? Is Garrett a good cop or a bad cop? And what’s the deal with him and Jenna?

Share your questions, comments and concerns below, or tweet me your thoughts.

See ya next week!

1. Hey...I Dare You To Use The Underground Techniques And Selling Secrets Revealed In This Workshop And NOT Be Able To Dramatically Boost Your Current (Or Non Existent) Income Like Never Before -- 100% GUARANTEED!

Great points altogether, you just received a brand new reader. What would you suggest about your submit that you made some days in the past? Any certain?

May 26, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. order mooncake

Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my website so i got here to go back the want?.I am trying to find issues to improve my site!I suppose its adequate to use some of your concepts!!

May 21, 2012 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. M

First of all, why are people who don't watch the show posting here. Move your trolling along Ok, moving along

Seriously girls, A has been taunting you for months, somehow knowing things that you thought no one else knew, and you suddenly believe A couldn't possibly know the name of Spencer's niece/nephew especially when you are in the woods?

June 20, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lorin

Maybe Maya and Jason are in on something together?

June 17, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. Lorin

Technically Lucy Hale wasn't killed in Scream 4 as she was just acting in the movie within a movie. lol

And, I'm curious as to what "The Jason Thing" could mean as well. I mean I have my theories because I am reading the books and there was a "Jason thing" in the books but the show seems to be a bit different so I could be completely wrong. And, your right Maya still lives in the house so unless I missed something how could Jason live there too?

June 17, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • S

Really?? i am reading the book also and i have gotten up to book 4what book has the jason thing??

June 28, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. noelle

this is season 3....not 2

June 16, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erin

This is not season 3, it's season 2. They split up the first season in two sections. That's how a lot of shows are doing it now to drag the seasons out and then they can sell the DVDs separately and make more $$!

June 17, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bella

I love this show its cute

June 16, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  8. Bella

I love this show is cute

June 16, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. Itsamemario

which one of these girls were killed in scream 4?..

June 16, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. the dook

If they dont quit lieing their noses are going to grow.

June 16, 2011 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ham N Cheese Sandwich

These girls stole my ham and cheese sandwich and lied about it. Shame on them :(

June 16, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  12. Theo White

What I find absolutely amazing is that people actually take this stuff seriously.

June 15, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tom

Pretty Little Liar....awesome.

Wow, CNN has censored which areas of CNN I can post to. Interesting.

June 15, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Yayme

I ADORE this show! It's so gripping. I feel every episode gets better! I don't see how no one is commenting on the apparent "Jason Thing" and what he's doing moving back into a house. HELLO PEOPLE Jason is Alison's brother. I always thought Ian killed Alison and Jason is A. I just have a gut feeling.

June 15, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Five2

I agree. Now that we're done with the "Jenna Thing", now we're onto the "Jason Thing." But I wonder, what house did he move into? I mean, Maya's family still live in that house, don't they? Or did I miss something?

June 16, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. nicole

I love this show, it always has me wondering what will happen next! and the clothes are absolutely adorable! I cant stand the people who are hating on this show, turn the damn channel if you don't like it! noone cares for your input

June 15, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. serious

One thing I learned from this episode: Spencer is so flat-chested that she doesn't need to wear a bra. What was up with that scene with her putting on a shirt?

June 15, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Orange Julius

I enjoy watching this show while eating popcorn & shaving thunderbolts into my hairy legs

June 15, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Icyiluvu

I am in my 20s and totally obsessed with this show – it rocks!! I will watch for 20 more seasons to find out who "A" is!

June 15, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. WIllis

These girls still shouldnt go around lieing to everyone. That sets a bad example for us children.

June 15, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. dtcpr

I love this show but I agree with the Laptop.... If A can break into Fitz' apt adn the Dr's office why is your open and availble laptop safe? God, at least close it and put a password on it. And I didn't get why Fitz had to have no shirt on, it looked like he had fake abs painted on his scrawny body.

June 15, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • eaton manasses

I like the episode where they have a cat fight over who get to enter the boys lockerroom and eat up all the doodee bars laying all over the floor.

June 16, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  21. EMMA LDS

They are mean. They are mean little liars. We wont let kids watch this show here in Utah. There is enough saatanic devil stuff on tv as it is.

June 15, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |