Simon Cowell contacts police over 'Britain's Got Talent'
June 13th, 2011

Simon Cowell contacts police over 'Britain's Got Talent'

Simon Cowell is serious about claims regarding the hit "Britain's Got Talent."

The Guardian reports that attorneys for Cowell's company, Syco, contacted police after a second post appeared from an anonymous blogger who'd claimed the show was rigged so 12-year-old singer Ronan Parke would win. (Parke came in second on the show.)

The second blog item was an apology from the blogger, the Guardian says, who has also claimed to be a music executive.

"A spokeswoman for Britain's Got Talent confirmed that lawyers had been alerted to the blog post and it had been referred to the police," the Guardian reported. "Cowell was so incensed over the original allegations he called in the police on the grounds of  'malicious communication'."

The blogger had claimed the teen Parke had been groomed for years for stardom and the show was manipulated in order for him to win.

In posting an apology, the anonymous writer said an obsession with the show and psychological problems led to the allegations.

"I am deeply ashamed," the post said, according to the Guardian. "I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the distress and hurt I've caused."

1. John Anstett

Ronan Parke won solely own Ronan's merit.
    What a real talent he is. HIs performance got a standing ovation from an audience jumping up to its feet cheering wildly.
    Can't wait to hear more of this terrific singer and will buy his music, OF COURSE !
    ALBQ NM

January 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ann

sure simon cowell is the best there is no better than simon

June 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. cleopatra

some famous people are just geting jealous on simon cowell because he opened his new show the x factor in american history if ANY SHOW WILL BORING WITHOUT SIMON COWELL

June 19, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. justachipn

It's amazing show of how low people can go to slam a brilliant show. We watch it as it unfolds. These low life's then slam the innocent performers. How low can people go? What happened to descent people saying positive thing? If you don't have something nice to say, shut the blank up! Hope these people are dealt with harshly! The people that slam Simon are real genuine "NO LIFE'S". Just stating a fact. There so miserable in life they should do everyone around them a favor and just put a bullet in there heads..

June 17, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. charlie crack

Ohhhh Simon Coward....relax bro

June 14, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Beautiful Vixen

@R. Kelly..lol.

June 14, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. R. Kelly

asparagus makes my pee smell

June 14, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. 2 ears

LOL : )

June 14, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sunshine Girl *

Yeah looks like Simon is just an ole Brit blowhard! Hey Simon....the shoe doesnt fit too well on the other foot does it? Ha Ha Ha!

June 14, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. dave nelson

I watched one episode of american idol and took an instant dislike to this guy. Because of him, i banned the show from being viewed in my home. I will not watch anything that includes that person, period.

June 14, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. ?

I guess he can dish it out, but he can't take it !

June 13, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Uncle Sam

He better not attack free speech in the states or we'll kick his sorry limey as$ back to his rainy little island that is inflated with embredders.

June 13, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. The Mad R@p3r

Yeah i'm glad whoever stole my phone to write my initial posts took out the part about how he should know a cactus in the biblical sense.

June 13, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. annonymouse troll

notice i didnt call him a nazzzi or bulllly or crrrrrreepo. iLL try to be sure and miss his new X Factor this fall.

June 13, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. annonymouse troll

I agree with you big trucker guy. I was somewhere else or something. Cant a person take a joke. Gosh. Trolling is harmless fun. No one takes it seriously. Plus it coulda been OJ or one of the kids on southpark, maybe.

June 13, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. trucker joe 18 wheel man

This is scary. Us trolls better watch out. I take it back and appologize for all my comments. No one is a fudjepaker and no one likes doookie or playing with dooodie. The first laydie doesnt resemble an arangataang. I was mistaken and confused. Plus i think i accidentally left my computer on and someone sittinig in the next cubicle mighta typed that stuff. yeah. thats my story. it mught even been OJ.

June 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helen Hevener

@truckerjoe- it was probably "Snookie" from Jershey SHore that snuck over to your computer and posted those comments!!!! LOL I cant stand "Snookie"!!!

June 14, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  17. The Mad R@p3r

I forgot to add that the show IS fixed, sue me.

June 13, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. The Mad R@p3r

Simon cowell can get bent, he obviously hates free speech, except when its him being an arrogant tool. Imagine what this place would be like if someone called the cops every time someone hurt their wittle feelings? Man the UK has really been getting my goat with regard to free speech lately. /mad

June 13, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. fernace

Simon Cowell probably posted the comments himself! What better way to stir up a little controversy & attention. Especially with that ludicrous "appology"...

June 13, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • etta sandwich

Cowell is doing us all a favor by letting us kiss his show rigging gay fuddgepacking ass. Up yours cowell.

June 14, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |