Lily Allen ties the knot - and confirms pregnancy
June 13th, 2011

Lily Allen ties the knot - and confirms pregnancy

Double the congratulations for Lily Allen: The singer not only tied the knot over the weekend, but she also announced she’s pregnant.

The 26-year-old's now-husband, Sam Cooper, let the news slip to guests at the couple’s wedding on Saturday.

Delphine Manivet, the singer’s wedding dress designer, told U.K. paper the Telegraph, “It's beautiful that she is pregnant, and I am very happy for her. She is very happy about that – it is something wonderful."

Manivet crafted a gown with three-quarter length lace sleeves and a cut that left a little room for Allen's baby bump, which “looked very cute with the dress,” she told the paper.

"For me, and for her too, when you're pregnant you want to show that, but also be respectful, so the dress was perfect for her for that moment."

Rumors of an engagement began at the end of 2010, just weeks after the devastating news that Allen had lost the baby she was carrying, which was due in January. Three years prior, Allen had suffered a miscarriage while dating musician Ed Simons.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Michelle

I hope all goes well for her and this baby's born healthy and strong. Miscarriages are devastating, poor girl.

June 24, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Don JJ

I honestly saw her on a p0rn0(NOT JOKING).

June 15, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lobster fstbingdcot

The only thing is that I have to be the last few weeks. I have used last term and I will not be published, but I don't know what you are all well and good for the first time I have to be the best way of doing businesses. A few years, ss the with you. If you are all well nyway and also. The

June 14, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. AGeek

Uhmmm.. who?!

June 14, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jane Doe

What ever happened to getting married BEFORE you get pregnant? I guess morals weren't taught to them as children

June 14, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

You're basing that opinion on a 2,000 year old book written by men, I'm assuming? Not all of us have to live within those narrow confines. Pay attention to your own life and don't worry so much about how others are living – you'll be much happier and less judgmental.

June 24, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. kirsty

Cnn take my name off the god comment and put it on the real one!

June 14, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. kirsty

She has had hits with 'smile' 'ldn' 'the fear' as well as presented many british tv shows, she had a still birth last year and deserves happiness finally.. Why do people feel that they are the judge, she can wear whatever color she wants! I personally wish her every joy, but then again, I'm not a bitter bible basher who hates anyone who's happy. Your negative comments are a sin, let he who is without cast the first stone- rules I thought Christians where supposed to adhere to... Plus, I know the whole troll thing makes you all so hilarious and edgy, but commenting 'who cares' on a story you have voluntarily opened makes you look dumb – are you smarted than a 5th grader – answer no.

June 14, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  8. ganiyat

i what a wonderful gift from the ALMIGHTLY.congrat,i'm so happy for her

June 14, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. weiner

im glad nobody is making jokes about me today.

June 14, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. dave nelson

Forgot to add this to the second post. I have children of my own and they have given me the greatest joy. I really do not know who this lady is, but i wish her luck in her pregnancy and motherhood.

June 14, 2011 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. ?mylove

Who the hell is she?

June 14, 2011 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. Leselle L

why are so many haters in world with crab mentality & no luv

June 14, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. Heather

I remember reading after her last miscarriage that she underwent tests to determine why she was having these miscarriages and they found out she had some sort of blood disorder. Hope she got herself taken care of otherwise she's bound to have another one. I would like to think she got herself well before getting pregnant again, if not that's kind of selfish. Maybe she should've given her body a little more time.

June 14, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

How is it selfish? She's the one that has to carry the child and risk the miscarriage.

June 24, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. J..

I do admit...I agree with Dave on something. Lol.

June 14, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. dave nelson

Please ignore my prior comment. It was only done to test a theory. CNN has no problem posting something that vulgar and inappropriate, but refuses to post any of my comments that contain medical terminology or religious contradictions. Talk about restricting the right to free speech!

June 14, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
    • MalloryWin

First amendment rights are not extended to private enterprises and websites. Only public and govt forums like rec centers, city hall or like city parks. CNN gets to make the rules on their website, fair and square. Read ToS.

June 14, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  16. dave nelson

All i have to say is the world would not be so overpopulated if more women would learn to swallow. Post that CNN!

June 14, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  17. Chuck

If you are reading this you are a moron. Get life!

June 14, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  18. wendyy

Woops I meant to say the to Leo from TX :p

June 14, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. wendyy

.riley- she's a singer. Had a hit song...which I can't seem to remember. YouTube it I'm sure she'll come up :-)

June 14, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. riley

For those of you who feel the need to judge this woman & unborn child- GROW UP and get a life of your own sans judgment. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

June 14, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  21. Leo From Texas

Just a Question..... Not being sarcastic....Who is this Girl? A movie star singer etc. Some one in America help me out..... Please....

June 14, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  22. carmen

Oh Lily, wonderful news! :) Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

June 13, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. DJinNY

They certainly showed more character than the trailer trash princess of Wasilla

June 13, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mark McGwire

Who is the father of the baby? Does she know?

June 13, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • It's a guess

Probably one of the 3 guys in the picture but these days who knows.

June 14, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  25. Jim Dandey

Who the hell is Lily Allen? And who cares?

June 13, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  26. cynthia adkins

Congrats to the happy couple lily and sam on your marriage and your baby to-be im very happy for you both and may god bless your marriage and your baby to-be and i hope you both have twins a boy and a girl and congrats again.

June 13, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  27. xxnothingxx

Congrats to the cople..... don't judge her life! she can do what ever she wants! – ttfn =°_^=

June 13, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ben dover

give her a few doses of progesterone and she won`t loss this one. that don`t come in a weiner shot however. i know CNN can always work a weiner into the stroy.

June 13, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ben dover

what happened to all the weiner covergae. maybe she sat on it.

June 13, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jeepers

I can't believe the comments on here. Double congratulations to the happy couple!

June 13, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. interested48

Who the heck is LIly Allen????

June 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  32. aj

I dont know who she is but way to go!

June 13, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Katy

Congratulations to Lily, she deserves to be happy. She's gone through enough devastation, it's time for her to be blessed with a healthy pregnancy & a happy marriage.

June 13, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  34. aroundtheblock

She could have waited a decent time to announce her pregnancy so that it was not clear that she conceived out of wedlock. However, it is commendable that they went ahead and wed so that the child would not be born a bast*rd. Right thing for both of them to do.

June 13, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Smellie

heh. Butter Bean made me blow a snot bubble...

and "respectful " ? Respectful of what, exactly?

June 13, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. chantaal

Is she a mormon ? I heard them mormons are funny.

June 13, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Professor VJ Cornacopia Fantastic Food Magorium and Great American Steakery

She's really riding the success of only 1 song. It's nice when "artists" showcase their talent with more than one successful single, but as far as I can tell, "Smile" was her only true success, and yet people still care about her personally. Her style of music isn't my cup of meat, but in her genre, I feel she is more popular than the proportion of music she has released.

June 13, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mama2KOA

One song? Are you kidding me? Try opening your mind and your ears. She's had quite a few hits and just because she hasnt had much play here in America where we'd rather listen to Brittney and Taylor than girls with talent doesnt mean she hasnt earned her fame.

June 14, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  38. Donnatello

Who is Lily Alan?

June 13, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Takin a Deuce

She has that look in her eyes of "what the...are u takin a doookie in your underpants, AGAIN?!!"

June 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Butter Bean

I do not like this guy. He is a swarthy and slimy fuddgepacker that will doo doo in the baby formula.

June 14, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  40. Big Roy

She probably thinks she is cool cuz she listens to Bruce Springsteen. Well I ve got news...Springsteen SUX!

June 13, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  41. ole'

she is skaaannkadelic.

June 13, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vicki

Lots of goodness and light from you hateful remarks. Allen is lucky to have found more honest and decent people to be around than you.

June 13, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • weinerschnitzel

Lily Allen is some washed hack from yesteryear that contributes about the same amount of nonsense as Carol Channing.

June 14, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  42. ?

Hope everything goes good this time. I wonder if she wore white ? (Shame shame if she did)

June 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • cmc

In this day and age, white is simply a traditional color for a wedding gown. The symbolism of virginity kind of faded once civilization realized that no one really cares if the bride or the groom is a virgin or not.

June 13, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • aroundtheblock

I agree. And white is never appropriate when the bride is pregnant.

June 13, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  43. fernace

Congrats to Lily Allen, finally inlove & having a baby, after several devastating moments! Let's hope this 1's a keeper, all the way around!

June 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Paco

Looks like she married a billy goat.

June 13, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Vicki

According to republicans as long as that child is born it is a good child and should be loved and cared for by whoever it may be who has the child. This baby will be born to a mother and father and hopefully will be loved, cared for and have a great life.

June 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Vicky

Matthew 7:1

June 13, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  47. chris

as for the basturd above...there are no illegitimate children only illigitimate parents. It's not th ekids fault. number two: i hope she carries it to term. That is two miscarriages for a young woman and that isn't 'normal'. I hope she carries a happy and healthy baby to term.

June 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Donna

Vicki, and republicans is relevant to this how????

June 14, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  49. walter

Everyone will be judged you smelly ole bat. *POOT*

June 14, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |