June 13th, 2011

'Ice Loves Coco' and he's not afraid to show it

Where to start with E!’s premiere of the new reality show, "Ice Loves Coco”? I thought I knew exactly what to expect, but the "we love each other and don't give a [expletive] what the world thinks" duo surprised me.

The half-hour show follows rapper-turned-actor Ice-T and his über-voluptuous wife Coco at work and at play. We watch them shop for doggy accessories, discuss whether their dog Spartacus needs a doggy agent and see Coco work with her team (consisting of two people) to figure out how to approach an upcoming photo shoot. That's all in the first 15 minutes of the show.

A considerable amount of time is given to a photo shoot Coco does for a wedding couture company called "House of Bridal~ Couture." I knew the minute I heard they wanted her to do a fashion shoot for them it was going to be all about Coco fitting into an impossibly tight and unforgiving dress.

Besides the gratuitous shots of Coco's bodacious figure, “Ice Loves Coco” is a love story, showing the relationship that developed after the rapper from South Central Los Angeles fell hard for a dancer and model from the San Fernando Valley.

Moments after the couple discussed her bridal shoot, Ice turns to her and suggests they renew their wedding vows after being married for 10 years. And just when you thought they were going to get all touchy-feely, Ice flips it. "I’ve seen too many episodes of ‘Bridezillas’ and I can’t,” he says, referring to the fact that he wants a vow renewal but not a big wedding. Pure Ice.

And then there were the two revelations that I couldn’t believe: First, they’ve only spent one night apart in the entire decade they've been married; and two, somehow, some way, Ice and Coco share a single cell phone! If someone needs them they have to be willing to have a conference call with both? Wow.

I think we learned that Ice wears the pants in the relationship but Coco owns his heart. I'm sure E! is hoping that equals ratings success for all eight episodes! Did you catch "Ice Loves Coco"? What did you think?

1. Marilyn

Wow....I just read a lot of haters spewing crap that they couldn't even spell correctly! I just happened to stop on this show and since I've always liked Ice, I watched just to see what it was about and I've since watched every show I can and I dvr the new episodes. It's a nice change to see a couple love each other and show the respect for each other that a couple should have. Who cares if they are from a different race? Hating them because of it is racist! And who do you people think you are to sit in judgment of them? They are funny and sweet and make a great couple. I love them and hope that they stay together and continue to prosper and grow! I'll watch it as long as its on the air! Love them both!

April 29, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. DeeDee

I am glad to see this side of a rapper like Iced T. I could feel that he really loves her and cares for her. He is kind and compassionate and is all about making her happy. He has the secret that most men do not get in there lifetime, and that is to treat the other with respect and love her like it is the last day that they have together. In my opinion, there is no other show out here right now that shows what real love is. Longevity is build on trust and respect for their mate. That is why she would never leave him.

April 28, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmm

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

March 19, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. hat hat hat

hey hey hey so good to talk to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 19, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SEE ME

WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE A SOMEONE THAT IS SINGLE AND ICE STILL LOVES YOU WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Felecia

I love me girl coco and ice they have a great relationship and I glad he ground coco out because another man would hive her all the power I think they well balance she bossy and he the boss to cute bomb couple.com I love them betterthan kahoe and lamer ijs

March 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Vanessa

Someone once told me trannies can't get pregnant. I am not hating, I am just saying. When my cable got stuck, I saw something I did not see before with coco. You don't want to know.

November 5, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Amanda

Is Coco and Ice-T trying to get pregnant? In the episode Baby Got Business I noticed prenatal vitamins on the kitchen counter in the background while Coco was making Ice-T a sandwich. The reason why I know this is I'm pregnant myself and take the same prenatal vitamins- the pink women's daily is for momma and the purple bottle is for baby, both are sold together. I don't know any other reason to take prenatal vitamins unless 1. You're actively trying to conceive 2. You're pregnant or 3. You're breastfeeding.

August 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. May

I really love the show. These make marriage seem so fun and interesting. Ice shows a lot of respect for Coco and Coco does her wifely duties well that's why ice loves her. I dont miss the show. Luv them both!!

August 1, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. eve

I don't understand why Ice likes this Bimbo. She must be very good in bed to make up for her ridiculous looks and her IQ free behavior.

July 28, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vanessa

Vanessa .

He loves her and I think He and Hank need to show T.O how to get a wive like them. They all have the same taste. They can help a brother out.

October 8, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Carolyn

Hi , Saw your show today and it was great. See i'm 57 and very much in love with my husband of 20 years and when I watch you and Coco together showing love and respect for each other that's forever love like my husband and i have. You two are great together can't wait for your mini marathon on Saturday. Tell Coco her close line was beautiful.

July 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. IceCocoFan

I love this show. It's very entertaining to watch!! They are a cool couple and their dog-Spartacus- is so adorable. Love it love it.

July 17, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ben

i agree with people saying they're a great couple (esp. considering its been 10 years).

problem is, even though ice is funny they're so good to each other it doesn't make good reality TV. I watched the show and thought 'maybe if i do stuff ice-t is doing i can fix my relationship' – except that i'm a guy so that's not what i'm watching TV for, and ended up changing the channel.

lovable couple but mostly just makes me realize my relationship sucks..... congrats i guess...

July 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bif

Since when is Ice T black? Dude is as white as she is.

June 29, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. tutt

I admit – I didn't intend to watch this show at first because I'm so so so sick of black men with white women – sick of it in droves. But I actually like these two together even though I didn't expect to. Coco is rather sweet and Ice really loves her for her. But too often the combination of black man/white woman is about something else and that is beginning to turn my stomach. Evil has nearly destroyed the black male/black female bond – and not that of men of other minority races. so it's evident that brainwashing and oppression are the cause..Combined with low self esteem, personal weakness, and to a much larger extent the refusal of the media to depict the natural beauty of women of other races, but a constant onslaught of nearly naked, surgically altered, superficially made-up white females.Then add in the centuries old foaming at the mouth idiocy that white skin equals beauty, intelligence, and worth and that white women are the epitome of beauty equals perversion and suppression of reality and the truth.. Beauty exists in the eye of the beholder, yet too many black men have fallen for the constant onslaught of ignorance, hatred and brainwashing to the extent they automaticlaly associate success with that culture of oppression. Women of all races are beautiful, but european ignorance from the middle ages changed the perspective of the entire world. How sad and completely evil that the superficial color of the outside of the body has such far-reaching consequences on the human psyche, and hatred has continually perpetrated that evil and allowed it to destroy lives and generations, particilarly that of emotionally weak black men. Again, all women are innately beautiful, sensual and sensitive creatures whose beauty is timeless and does not start or stop at the color of their skin. Too many black men today have allowed themselves to become completely brainwashed by ignorance, especially too many successful black men.On a personal level that would be sad were it not so completely offensive. Some black men believe white women are better than black women because that is the lesson perpetuated by hatred, but what message does that send to little black girls coming of age all over this country who watch as men they instinctively respect behave in such a disrespectful way?

I do believe love is where you find it – regardless of race, but these days many black men have "found" themselves with white women and it cannot be mere coincidence. Most black women have the strength of character to see cultural brainwashing for what it is and not allow themselves to become a victim of it. And don't get it twisted, black women also have the same opportunity to choose partners across color lines but don't as often unless that choice is about love – not self-esteem.

June 21, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. popcorn

I love this show and the respect that they both have for each other

June 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Joe Mamma

Well, I was just bored online and decided to google what people think of this show (seeing as how I didn't think it was *terrible*. Pretty funny, actually.

After reading some of the comments,
    (cue professor farnsworth voice)
    I Don't Want To Live On This Planet Anymore.

June 20, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  18. hop sing

Who ris I T an uh coco. She no brack rike a coco she uh honkee.

June 17, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. HOUSE OF BRIDAL

HOUSE OF BRIDAL~COUTURE LOVES COCO* http://www.houseofbridalcouture.com

June 17, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  20. Gissella

Your my new show :) love it

June 17, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  21. Lolascottsdale

Very boring... This type of ass kissing reality show belongs on oxygen or own – not on E! What a waste!

June 14, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  22. iraida

I love the show. stop hating on coco she rocks. HATERS!!

June 13, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Truth

It is a sad statement that a hetero, married couple who love each other is newsworthy. Why is this not more the norm?

June 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  24. jen

Cool Cool People

June 13, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  25. pedro

They need to eat more tacos. Tacos are muy bueno.

June 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. moons

saw most of the show and was surprised with there relationship. They are great together and its nice to see two people still married while most of their counterparts have been married and divorced twice and have 7 children out of wedlock. I'm not sure why most of the post's are just plain mean to this couple who havent done anything to hurt these posters. I'm surprised there are than many miserable and lonely people visiting cnn.com

June 13, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jobe

Sure they haven't spent all but one apart doe you think she is as stupid as she looks, she knows where her bread is buttered

June 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jobe

Sure theyhaven't spent all but one apart doe you think she is as stupid as she looks, she knows where her bread is buttered

June 13, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  29. etta sandwich

Coco tears thru 3 strap-ons a month. Ice loves a hard butt slamming.

June 13, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. tammy

WHY DOES HOLLYWOOD KEEP PUSHING CLOSET GAYS ON US ? He is gay. We get it.

June 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  31. fernace

If they love each other now, 6 mo's with a camera in their faces & it wont be such wedded bliss. For the sake of preserving their marriage they need to quit this madness now! For the sake of the American public growing weary of 1 More Reality Show, please just stop it!!

June 13, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Meghan

I'm not a reality TV fan at all, but caught this show while flipping through the channels. I was really impressed! I would watch this because their relationship is such high quality. You can tell they really love each other and they have a great base of mutual respect. They're quite sweet.

June 13, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  33. Swedish chef

Bork bork bork!

June 13, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • eunis

I bet Ice gets minimal sleep due to Cocos loud farts vibrating the house every night.

June 13, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Melba Toast

To keep Ice happy Coco must lay out a fine plate chitlins.

June 13, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  34. RJ

Coco needs a doggy agent.

June 13, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  35. The Mad R@p3r

My co-worker swears up and down that he's still pimping.

June 13, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • 16 and pregnant mom to be

Whats with the hair extensions? She needs to loose some weight.

June 13, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  36. Aleighse

I loved the show. They respect each other and make a great couple. I hope in 10 years my husband still looks at me and talks to me the way Ice does with Coco. I'm a fan.

June 13, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Adeles big butt

I bet that Coco can cut loose with some really disgusting farts.

June 13, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Suzy Smythe

This is more a comment on the show, which I love, they are clearly in love, respect each other and CoCo is a sweetheart, she is soooo cute with Ice and Spatacus. She plows through the dumb blonde myth with ease, they are both self made no one handed either one a silver platter, this is a reality show that is for real!

August 11, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |